Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Make Toys Dump Truck Problem & Warning

Do you love your new Hercules set? Can't get enough of FansProject's items? Upset that you bought a knock off when you thought you were getting an original? Use this forum to tell everyone your thoughts about TF Knock Offs and 3rd party toys.

Re: Make Toys Dump Truck Problem & Warning

Postby DJrasmo » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:59 pm

Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
Posted this once already, but since I can't ever resist an opportunity to pay back injustice:

I remember way back when the Herc craze was in full swing, and the G.O.M. ("Giant Offshoot Movement", LoL) was just beginning with prototype pics, and all the people over at the SHH! Headquarters (thats the Society of Herc Haters) had to say about Herc was always "QC issues blah blah blabbity blah...shouldnt cost so much and have errors blabbity blab blab..."

..and now the SAME thing is happening to the Giant set.

Admittedly, the more I think about it the more I might end up selling my Herc set and getting the Giant green set so all my Gestalts are roughly the same size, but the irony is still funny.
"Bah Weep Grahna Weep Ninnee Bong"
"Now, without making any sudden movements, offer them an Energon Goodie..."
DJrasmo
Minibot
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:14 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: Make Toys Dump Truck Problem & Warning

Postby Forgotten » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:05 am

Motto: ""Give me a piece of break" - my 3 year old son"
DJrasmo wrote:Posted this once already, but since I can't ever resist an opportunity to pay back injustice:

I remember way back when the Herc craze was in full swing, and the G.O.M. ("Giant Offshoot Movement", LoL) was just beginning with prototype pics, and all the people over at the SHH! Headquarters (thats the Society of Herc Haters) had to say about Herc was always "QC issues blah blah blabbity blah...shouldnt cost so much and have errors blabbity blab blab..."

..and now the SAME thing is happening to the Giant set.

Admittedly, the more I think about it the more I might end up selling my Herc set and getting the Giant green set so all my Gestalts are roughly the same size, but the irony is still funny.


Both sets have their issues but both companies are doing what they can to rectify it. I can honestly say that regardless of which Devy people go with that they will be satisfied either way. I have my preferences between them but they are both great sets for entirely different reasons.
Image
Currently searching for Cybertron Supreme Starscream & G2 Go-Bots Megatron, Complete at good prices. PM if you can help please.
User avatar
Forgotten
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 835
News Credits: 8
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:26 pm
Location: Mississippi
Watch Forgotten on YouTube
Buy from Forgotten on eBay

Re: Make Toys Dump Truck Problem & Warning

Postby Court Jester » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:42 pm

I got this set in today, and was able to avoid the issues. Thankful for the heads up before I got them in hand. Beyond my expectations. Mobile Crane is big. I love the transformation. I do think they still need to send out the replacement parts (just in case stress on transformation over time), but if you're careful on where you're putting pressure, you should be okay.

Plastic quality is consistent between sets A and B, so rest assured this is the finest quality plastic (I say this in regards to my experience with yellow plastic). They really chose their materials well. Now, Dump Truck has made my day. It's perfect, and without nitpicking, is worth the time to admire the sculpted detail.

So far I have to say I must eat my words of concern. I have no problems keeping my preorder with BBTS on the Green Giant. Well done, and I look forward to MakeToys reveals in the coming months during convention season. Great design, great artwork, awesome articulation, master sculpting, and an overall professionally presented collector oriented release. Really. Thank you for this. :grin:
Court Jester

Re: Make Toys Dump Truck Problem & Warning

Postby TraitorJ » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:36 am

Motto: "What's that smell... Is it me?"
Weapon: Gravito-Gun
Court Jester wrote:I got this set in today, and was able to avoid the issues. Thankful for the heads up before I got them in hand. Beyond my expectations. Mobile Crane is big. I love the transformation. I do think they still need to send out the replacement parts (just in case stress on transformation over time), but if you're careful on where you're putting pressure, you should be okay.

Plastic quality is consistent between sets A and B, so rest assured this is the finest quality plastic (I say this in regards to my experience with yellow plastic). They really chose their materials well. Now, Dump Truck has made my day. It's perfect, and without nitpicking, is worth the time to admire the sculpted detail.

So far I have to say I must eat my words of concern. I have no problems keeping my preorder with BBTS on the Green Giant. Well done, and I look forward to MakeToys reveals in the coming months during convention season. Great design, great artwork, awesome articulation, master sculpting, and an overall professionally presented collector oriented release. Really. Thank you for this. :grin:



WOOHOOOO! I am so damn excited for these figures. Now if only customs would release mine! It's been sitting in customs since friday.... :BANG_HEAD:
User avatar
TraitorJ
Mini-Con
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:51 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10
Rank: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Re: Make Toys Dump Truck Problem & Warning

Postby Forgotten » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:35 am

Motto: ""Give me a piece of break" - my 3 year old son"
Court Jester wrote:I got this set in today, and was able to avoid the issues. Thankful for the heads up before I got them in hand. Beyond my expectations. Mobile Crane is big. I love the transformation. I do think they still need to send out the replacement parts (just in case stress on transformation over time), but if you're careful on where you're putting pressure, you should be okay.

Plastic quality is consistent between sets A and B, so rest assured this is the finest quality plastic (I say this in regards to my experience with yellow plastic). They really chose their materials well. Now, Dump Truck has made my day. It's perfect, and without nitpicking, is worth the time to admire the sculpted detail.

So far I have to say I must eat my words of concern. I have no problems keeping my preorder with BBTS on the Green Giant. Well done, and I look forward to MakeToys reveals in the coming months during convention season. Great design, great artwork, awesome articulation, master sculpting, and an overall professionally presented collector oriented release. Really. Thank you for this. :grin:

I'm glad you're enjoying them & extremely glad you have managed to avoid the break issue on Long Haul. I agree that they are very well done figures. If I was going to gripe about them my fault would really be with Hook. They should have put a swivel on the crane arm ala Cybertron Mudflap to allow it to get out of the way better. I just watched a video on these guys & apparently the Devy head being stuck looking down is a hit or miss issue so i'll be taking the head apart later to see if it is assembled improperly. Set C is the set i've really been looking forward to though. That Scrapper will hopefully be "Deluxe Of The Year" for me. I love the design, hopefully the execution will be what I expect.
Image
Currently searching for Cybertron Supreme Starscream & G2 Go-Bots Megatron, Complete at good prices. PM if you can help please.
User avatar
Forgotten
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 835
News Credits: 8
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:26 pm
Location: Mississippi
Watch Forgotten on YouTube
Buy from Forgotten on eBay

Re: Make Toys Dump Truck Problem & Warning

Postby TraitorJ » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:59 am

Motto: "What's that smell... Is it me?"
Weapon: Gravito-Gun
Forgotten wrote:I'm glad you're enjoying them & extremely glad you have managed to avoid the break issue on Long Haul. I agree that they are very well done figures. If I was going to gripe about them my fault would really be with Hook. They should have put a swivel on the crane arm ala Cybertron Mudflap to allow it to get out of the way better. I just watched a video on these guys & apparently the Devy head being stuck looking down is a hit or miss issue so i'll be taking the head apart later to see if it is assembled improperly. Set C is the set i've really been looking forward to though. That Scrapper will hopefully be "Deluxe Of The Year" for me. I love the design, hopefully the execution will be what I expect.


Thanks for posting the info and warning for us. It kinda sucks that the break issue is with "Long Haul", as he's the one I am most excited for, followed closely by "Scrapper" and "Mixmaster".

daimchoc reposted a post about how to remove the crane arm and attach it to "Hooks" back, in case you missed it.

http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/maketoys-mt-03g-giant-green-ver-official-images-and-pricing-t85935s140.php
User avatar
TraitorJ
Mini-Con
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:51 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10
Rank: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Re: Make Toys Dump Truck Problem & Warning

Postby Court Jester » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:46 am

Yeah, the crane on Mobile Crane is an issue. I look at the shoulder articulation on Dump Truck and think of the potential. As it is though, unscrewing the crane from the arm and storing on the back is a cheap, quick, and dirty (like my women) resolution. If I were any kind of optimist, I would think there would be some talented entrepreneur out there with an upgrade - turning the crane into a RPG with a flip out targeting reticle and articulated handle.

Believe me, I'm a cynic when it comes to evaluating the things I buy. I'm really not willing to dismiss major flaws when my expectations are sky high.

I'll say this though... it's nice to know that the adult collector market is what this product is intended. The very survival of this company is dependent on how happy I am with this product. The ticket price is still high. $360 ($720 for the double dip) can go to so many other things, and with the summer blockbusters coming up, this will mark the end of my major purchases for toys for the year until FansProject returns.

The personal value being worth the price remains to be seen. $60 per figure. I seem to recall the Colossus components costing that much (give or take 5 bucks), but instead of scouts with a ton of weapons, we get medium to large deluxes with a few accessories. Again, we'll see... now, just a few short weeks until Cement Mixer is mine.
Court Jester

Re: Make Toys Dump Truck Problem & Warning

Postby grimdragon2001 » Tue May 01, 2012 5:52 pm

Motto: "Battle is my addiction."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
My Dumptruck broke at the left fender joint, but luckily its still able to clip onto the joint and still works. filed away some of the plastic on the hinge so i wont have as much resistance. its a little loose now but it could be worse
User avatar
grimdragon2001
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 942
News Credits: 7
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 6:29 pm
Watch grimdragon2001 on YouTube
Buy from grimdragon2001 on eBay

Re: Make Toys Dump Truck Problem & Warning

Postby Forgotten » Tue May 01, 2012 6:35 pm

Motto: ""Give me a piece of break" - my 3 year old son"
grimdragon2001 wrote:My Dumptruck broke at the left fender joint, but luckily its still able to clip onto the joint and still works. filed away some of the plastic on the hinge so i wont have as much resistance. its a little loose now but it could be worse


Hate to hear that. I am pleased to say with some basic file work & some Loc-Tite Ultra Gel mine has been repaired better than new. I'll still replace it when the parts arrive, but it's perfect for now. I can make a quick video later if you would like.
Image
Currently searching for Cybertron Supreme Starscream & G2 Go-Bots Megatron, Complete at good prices. PM if you can help please.
User avatar
Forgotten
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 835
News Credits: 8
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:26 pm
Location: Mississippi
Watch Forgotten on YouTube
Buy from Forgotten on eBay

Re: Make Toys Dump Truck Problem & Warning

Postby El Duque » Wed May 02, 2012 10:06 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Now that I have four of the six Giant figures and have been able to do a reasonable comparison to the Hercules figures (also saw the fully combined Giant at BotCon :-$ ) I feel the TFC Toys set is better. Individual figures is where I feel the Hercules sets really shines. I find it very annoying that Mobile Crane's hook has no articulation, where Dr.Crank has a fully functional crane. I also like the individual bot modes of Hercules MUCH better. Mobile Cranes weird arm crane is ridiculous.
User avatar
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9913
News Credits: 89
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:57 pm
Location: tornado alley

Re: Make Toys Dump Truck Problem & Warning

Postby warzon3 » Fri May 11, 2012 5:02 pm

So how much do you think set C will be delayed for them to offer up this fix for set B?????

Its already just about 2 weeks into May, it takes about 2 weeks just to ship to the States?

They said May for set C, but I think it is looking more like early June for stateside.



I don't know its too hard to pick a winner between Herc and Giant. To me individual bots are just as important as the combined. As far as individual robot forms across the board neither set of 6 are perfect.
warzon3
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 599
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:05 pm

Re: Make Toys Dump Truck Problem & Warning

Postby Mykltron » Wed May 16, 2012 5:46 am

Motto: "If I win again I'm still the champion. If you win HAH! that's just impossible.

Weapon: tea cup."
In the fix instructions it says 'push slowly with caution' the first time you transform Dump Truck. I did that and the hinge still broke. It's not flash - it's bad design. The thing that causes the break is supposed to be there to hold the panel in place in both positions.

warzon3 wrote:So how much do you think set C will be delayed for them to offer up this fix for set B?????

Its already just about 2 weeks into May, it takes about 2 weeks just to ship to the States?

They said May for set C, but I think it is looking more like early June for stateside.


Set B was supposed to come in April but it came in May. I'm expecting C in June, no earlier. With this setback it could be the end of the month.
Image

Why not take a look at My TF Repaints? Updated 29th November

TFs for sale (TFA, Classics, Movie, PCC)
User avatar
Mykltron
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6099
News Credits: 10
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:43 am
Location: Nearby. Watching.

Re: Make Toys Dump Truck Problem & Warning

Postby NTESHFT » Thu May 17, 2012 2:07 pm

Motto: "60% of the time, it works every time!"
Weapon: Black Magic
Mykltron wrote:In the fix instructions it says 'push slowly with caution' the first time you transform Dump Truck. I did that and the hinge still broke. It's not flash - it's bad design. The thing that causes the break is supposed to be there to hold the panel in place in both positions.

warzon3 wrote:So how much do you think set C will be delayed for them to offer up this fix for set B?????

Its already just about 2 weeks into May, it takes about 2 weeks just to ship to the States?

They said May for set C, but I think it is looking more like early June for stateside.


Set B was supposed to come in April but it came in May. I'm expecting C in June, no earlier. With this setback it could be the end of the month.



Damn it! :BANG_HEAD:
Image
User avatar
NTESHFT
Brainmaster
Posts: 1292
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:50 pm
Location: Dirty South
Buy from NTESHFT on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Re: Make Toys Dump Truck Problem & Warning

Postby josheppaul » Tue May 22, 2012 10:51 pm

I have seen your pictures of transformers, after seen I also want to make these kind of transformers at my home. So would you like to tell me that how can I made it? I am very interested to make it.
josheppaul


Return to Unofficial Transformers, 3rd Party and KO Toys

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism
Twincast / Podcast #106:
"McCarthyism"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, December 4th, 2014