Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Marvel sequels: Phase 3.

Welcome to the General Discussion area where just about anything goes! This area is designed to discuss all matters and does not necessarily have to be Transformers related. Please keep topics relevant.

Re: Marvel movie sequels: Days of Future Past: best 'X-Men' yet?

Postby Autobot032 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:46 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
sto_vo_kor_2000 wrote:
Cyber Bishop wrote:This movie basically wipes X3 from existence, changes a few things in the history and sets up Age of Apocalypse (post credit scene). It brings back Rogue, Jean Grey and Cyclops too. Technically the first two x movies could have still happened and some aspects of the wolverine (minus his dreams of killing Jean since now that does not happen). It also ties first class to the first Xmen series too with a little more cohesion. I am interested in seeing how Mysteque and magneto get re acquainted after the events of 73 as well.


There is no reason to assume that this movie,DOFP, "basically" or completely wipes X3 from existence/continuity,.Obviously somethings changed, but that does not mean that the same events unfolded the same a very similar way.

And that includes all the deaths still happening.Jean,Scott and Pro-X may still have died...........and returned as Pro-X and Jean have already done.Jean died in X-2 and returned in X-3, Pro-X died in X3 and returned by "the Wolverine", althou not explained.

What do you mean by this film bringing back Rogue?She never died or left.She was back at the school at the end of X3.


It completely wipes it from existence. X3, that is. You can't have the events of this film and the events of that film happening in the same universe. It's literally impossible. Xavier and Eric were both much older men when they first came across Jean. Here, they were much younger and it was around the same time frame, or at least not much before they found Jean. Not to mention, Xavier could walk in the flashback in X3, whereas he's clearly a paraplegic at the end of this film. There's no way he went back to walking and giving up his powers just before meeting Jean, seeing how powerful she was. This film completely wipes 3 off the map, and good portions of 2 off as well. The only thing that remains is Striker's experiments with the Weapon X program and Logan becoming Wolverine. Sadly, X-Men Origins: Wolverine isn't exactly written out. (It should be.) The Wolverine, I thought, was a pretty good flick. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Sad to see it's effectively written out as well. Without the X-Men falling apart and Xavier being dead, there's no reason for Logan to be in Japan. Especially when he clearly has a home, now.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
News Staff
Posts: 8956
News Credits: 40
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:51 am
Location: I don't know!
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Re: Marvel movie sequels: Days of Future Past: best 'X-Men' yet?

Postby Burn » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:15 pm

... why are we still using spoiler tags?
Image
I use to like Omega Supreme, then I took a duragrip to the brain
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38744
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Marvel movie sequels: Days of Future Past: best 'X-Men' yet?

Postby sto_vo_kor_2000 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:04 pm

Motto: "Today is a good day to die......but the day is not yet over!"
Autobot032 wrote:It completely wipes it from existence. X3, that is. You can't have the events of this film and the events of that film happening in the same universe. It's literally impossible. Xavier and Eric were both much older men when they first came across Jean. Here, they were much younger and it was around the same time frame, or at least not much before they found Jean.


impossible???, on the contrary its far from impossible , its very likely that most of those events in X3 will happen again but with only some differences.

excuse me but they did not show us how they met Jean in this so called "new" history, so how can you claim Xavier and Eric were younger this time around?Besides that, they wouldnt approach Jean and her family untill she manifests her mutant ability,and theres no reason to assume she will do that this time at a younger age.So they should all be the same age when they meet this time.

Not to mention, Xavier could walk in the flashback in X3, whereas he's clearly a paraplegic at the end of this film. There's no way he went back to walking and giving up his powers just before meeting Jean, seeing how powerful she was.

I'm not sure how you think Jeans power level factors into this....but as to the rest of your post................Such a poor imagination you have.

the same arguments about Xavier walking in X3's opening were made when they crippled him in First Class.Most arguments stated "he was older and walking at the flashback in X3", others argued "he was older and walking in near the end of "Wolverine origins". So First class is a continuity error"".

Those arguments proved to be as wrong and unimaginative then as you are now guilty of being, NO OFFENCE INTENDED.As I pointed out then I'll do so again, in the comics he has regained and re-loss the ability to walk several times for many different reasons.All the film makers need to do is find a way that the movie viewers will take as believable.

Which they did with the drug McCoy created. And guess what, heres the great part of that bolt device..........they could use and reuse it any time they want to explain Xavier walking any time in history.All they have to say is that McCoy , or an other doctor like Dr.Moira MacTaggart, refined the drug so he could walk and keep his powers for short times, or came up with a new drug that seemed to work but ultimately failed.

Either way, it explains his walking very easily, and its already been used in the film universe.

This film completely wipes 3 off the map, and good portions of 2 off as well.


do you want to try and tell me why it would wipe out any of X2, much less a "good portion" as you put it?

The Wolverine, I thought, was a pretty good flick. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Sad to see it's effectively written out as well. Without the X-Men falling apart and Xavier being dead, there's no reason for Logan to be in Japan. Especially when he clearly has a home, now.


again, you are making assumptions.

why do you think Xavier never died?Why do you think the team didnt fall apart?Maybe he died and returned.........just like he actually did before all the time travel stuff.

Also, maybe this time he goes to Japan because Scott and Jean get married.Sure it would be a different reason for going but all the other events would likely happen the same way


sorry but theres no reason to assume this film COMPLETELY wipes out any of the other films.
Last edited by sto_vo_kor_2000 on Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Predaprince wrote:I am very thankful to have posters like sto_vo_kor_2000 who is so energetic about improving others' understanding and enjoyment of the TF universe
Stormrider wrote:You often add interesting insights to conversations that makes the fledglings think and challenges even the sharpest minds

T-Macksimus wrote:I consider you and editor to be amongst the most "scholarly" in terms of your knowledge, demeanor and general approach

Image
sto_vo_kor_2000
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7076
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:01 am

Re: Marvel movie sequels: Days of Future Past: best 'X-Men' yet?

Postby sto_vo_kor_2000 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:31 pm

Motto: "Today is a good day to die......but the day is not yet over!"
Burn wrote:... why are we still using spoiler tags?

real good queastion
Predaprince wrote:I am very thankful to have posters like sto_vo_kor_2000 who is so energetic about improving others' understanding and enjoyment of the TF universe
Stormrider wrote:You often add interesting insights to conversations that makes the fledglings think and challenges even the sharpest minds

T-Macksimus wrote:I consider you and editor to be amongst the most "scholarly" in terms of your knowledge, demeanor and general approach

Image
sto_vo_kor_2000
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7076
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:01 am

Re: Marvel movie sequels: Days of Future Past: best 'X-Men' yet?

Postby Maggotron » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:34 am

It's been an interesting movie, with lots of action, character development and quotable quotes. I assume this movie follows a new continuity from First Class (which I have yet to see).
Maggotron
Mini-Con
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:56 am

Re: Marvel movie sequels: Days of Future Past: best 'X-Men' yet?

Postby sto_vo_kor_2000 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:34 pm

Motto: "Today is a good day to die......but the day is not yet over!"
Maggotron wrote: I assume this movie follows a new continuity from First Class (which I have yet to see).


nope, this film FOLLOWS the continuity established in the First 3 films and the 2 Wolverine films.

However, the events of this film creates a "altered" continuity hence forth. Just how altered is not known.
Predaprince wrote:I am very thankful to have posters like sto_vo_kor_2000 who is so energetic about improving others' understanding and enjoyment of the TF universe
Stormrider wrote:You often add interesting insights to conversations that makes the fledglings think and challenges even the sharpest minds

T-Macksimus wrote:I consider you and editor to be amongst the most "scholarly" in terms of your knowledge, demeanor and general approach

Image
sto_vo_kor_2000
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7076
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:01 am

Re: Marvel movie sequels: Days of Future Past: best 'X-Men' yet?

Postby Maggotron » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:25 pm

sto_vo_kor_2000 wrote:However, the events of this film creates a "altered" continuity hence forth. Just how altered is not known.


Mmm, that's an interesting challenge for the scriptwriters, I'd say. Of course, it'll be their continuity that applies.
Maggotron
Mini-Con
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:56 am

Re: Marvel movie sequels: Days of Future Past: best 'X-Men' yet?

Postby sto_vo_kor_2000 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:04 pm

Motto: "Today is a good day to die......but the day is not yet over!"
Maggotron wrote:
sto_vo_kor_2000 wrote:However, the events of this film creates a "altered" continuity hence forth. Just how altered is not known.


Mmm, that's an interesting challenge for the scriptwriters, I'd say. Of course, it'll be their continuity that applies.

not sure i understand your meaning
Predaprince wrote:I am very thankful to have posters like sto_vo_kor_2000 who is so energetic about improving others' understanding and enjoyment of the TF universe
Stormrider wrote:You often add interesting insights to conversations that makes the fledglings think and challenges even the sharpest minds

T-Macksimus wrote:I consider you and editor to be amongst the most "scholarly" in terms of your knowledge, demeanor and general approach

Image
sto_vo_kor_2000
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7076
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:01 am

Re: Marvel movie sequels: Days of Future Past: best 'X-Men' yet?

Postby Maggotron » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:25 am

Oh, I meant that the scriptwriters or conceptualizers of the movie would have the say on the movie continuity. What's the right one, how Days of Future Past will affect everything, etc. But I guess what you say is right about how the continuity is set. Event-altering through time-travel is confusing, though.

Well, when it comes to rating the X-Men movies, it would seem DFP gets the top slot for me, too.
Maggotron
Mini-Con
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:56 am

Re: Marvel movie sequels: Days of Future Past: best 'X-Men' yet?

Postby sto_vo_kor_2000 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:24 am

Motto: "Today is a good day to die......but the day is not yet over!"
Maggotron wrote:Oh, I meant that the scriptwriters or conceptualizers of the movie would have the say on the movie continuity. What's the right one, how Days of Future Past will affect everything, etc. But I guess what you say is right about how the continuity is set. Event-altering through time-travel is confusing, though.

Well, when it comes to rating the X-Men movies, it would seem DFP gets the top slot for me, too.

thanks for explaining
Predaprince wrote:I am very thankful to have posters like sto_vo_kor_2000 who is so energetic about improving others' understanding and enjoyment of the TF universe
Stormrider wrote:You often add interesting insights to conversations that makes the fledglings think and challenges even the sharpest minds

T-Macksimus wrote:I consider you and editor to be amongst the most "scholarly" in terms of your knowledge, demeanor and general approach

Image
sto_vo_kor_2000
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7076
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:01 am

Re: Marvel movie sequels: Days of Future Past: best 'X-Men' yet?

Postby Rodimus Prime » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:08 pm

Motto: "...and hell followed with him."
Weapon: Twin Photon Blasters
Just because I was bored at work, I thought of a G1 Transformers version of Guardians of the Galaxy.

Starlord = Hot Rod
Groot = Jetfire
Rocket = Wheelie
Drax = Springer
Gemorah = Arcee

Those are the main 5 I thought of. Various supporting characters would be the Dinobots and Ultra Magnus.
............Image
User avatar
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
Posts: 15797
News Credits: 17
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada

Re: Marvel movie sequels: Days of Future Past: best 'X-Men' yet?

Postby Shadowman » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:01 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Rodimus Prime wrote:Just because I was bored at work, I thought of a G1 Transformers version of Guardians of the Galaxy.

Starlord = Hot Rod
Groot = Jetfire
Rocket = Wheelie
Drax = Springer
Gemorah = Arcee

Those are the main 5 I thought of. Various supporting characters would be the Dinobots and Ultra Magnus.


Those are godawful picks. You replaced Rocket Raccoon, the violent, machine gun-toting badass...with Wheelie?
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28996
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Marvel movie sequels: Days of Future Past: best 'X-Men' yet?

Postby Rodimus Prime » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:54 pm

Motto: "...and hell followed with him."
Weapon: Twin Photon Blasters
Shadowman wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:Just because I was bored at work, I thought of a G1 Transformers version of Guardians of the Galaxy.

Starlord = Hot Rod
Groot = Jetfire
Rocket = Wheelie
Drax = Springer
Gemorah = Arcee

Those are the main 5 I thought of. Various supporting characters would be the Dinobots and Ultra Magnus.


Those are godawful picks. You replaced Rocket Raccoon, the violent, machine gun-toting badass...with Wheelie?


In my bored and sleep-deprived state it was a valid choice. Imagine if Wheelie was a sawed-off gun-toting psychopath.
............Image
User avatar
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
Posts: 15797
News Credits: 17
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada

Re: Marvel movie sequels: Days of Future Past: best 'X-Men' yet?

Postby Burn » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:14 pm

Rodimus Prime wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:Just because I was bored at work, I thought of a G1 Transformers version of Guardians of the Galaxy.

Starlord = Hot Rod
Groot = Jetfire
Rocket = Wheelie
Drax = Springer
Gemorah = Arcee

Those are the main 5 I thought of. Various supporting characters would be the Dinobots and Ultra Magnus.


Those are godawful picks. You replaced Rocket Raccoon, the violent, machine gun-toting badass...with Wheelie?


In my bored and sleep-deprived state it was a valid choice. Imagine if Wheelie was a sawed-off gun-toting psychopath.


If I'm going to imagine that then I may as well imagine him as a raccoon.
Image
I use to like Omega Supreme, then I took a duragrip to the brain
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38744
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Marvel movie sequels: Days of Future Past: best 'X-Men' yet?

Postby Shadowman » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:53 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:Just because I was bored at work, I thought of a G1 Transformers version of Guardians of the Galaxy.

Starlord = Hot Rod
Groot = Jetfire
Rocket = Wheelie
Drax = Springer
Gemorah = Arcee

Those are the main 5 I thought of. Various supporting characters would be the Dinobots and Ultra Magnus.


Those are godawful picks. You replaced Rocket Raccoon, the violent, machine gun-toting badass...with Wheelie?


In my bored and sleep-deprived state it was a valid choice. Imagine if Wheelie was a sawed-off gun-toting psychopath.


Then it stops being Wheelie. You should have gone with Cliffjumper.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28996
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Marvel movie sequels: Days of Future Past: best 'X-Men' yet?

Postby Rodimus Prime » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:26 pm

Motto: "...and hell followed with him."
Weapon: Twin Photon Blasters
Shadowman wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
In my bored and sleep-deprived state it was a valid choice. Imagine if Wheelie was a sawed-off gun-toting psychopath.


Then it stops being Wheelie. You should have gone with Cliffjumper.


Cliffjumper is too big. He wouldn't have been in scale. Scale is very important in Transformers.
............Image
User avatar
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
Posts: 15797
News Credits: 17
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada

Re: Marvel movie sequels: Days of Future Past: best 'X-Men' yet?

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:31 pm

Motto: "Keep calm and form Voltron"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
One thing that really bugs me about X-Men DOFP (and if you haven't seen it spoiler alert stop reading) is, since when does Kitty have the power to send people's consciousness back in time?
william-james88 wrote:I am just glad the conversation has changed from just being about the butt flap

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
User avatar
LOST Cybertronian
News Staff
Posts: 3583
News Credits: 21
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:23 pm
Location: Wichita, KS
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Re: Marvel movie sequels: Days of Future Past: best 'X-Men' yet?

Postby Rodimus Prime » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:44 pm

Motto: "...and hell followed with him."
Weapon: Twin Photon Blasters
LOST Cybertronian wrote:One thing that really bugs me about X-Men DOFP (and if you haven't seen it spoiler alert stop reading) is, since when does Kitty have the power to send people's consciousness back in time?


In the comics it was her and Colossus' daughter who had that power, I believe. They took some creative license with it, and gave the power to her. Still closer to the source material than if some random person had it.
............Image
User avatar
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
Posts: 15797
News Credits: 17
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada

Re: Marvel movie sequels: Days of Future Past: best 'X-Men' yet?

Postby Shadowman » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:25 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
In my bored and sleep-deprived state it was a valid choice. Imagine if Wheelie was a sawed-off gun-toting psychopath.


Then it stops being Wheelie. You should have gone with Cliffjumper.


Cliffjumper is too big. He wouldn't have been in scale. Scale is very important in Transformers.


Cliffjumper is about the same size as Bumblebee, though, and that leaves him pretty tiny.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28996
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Marvel movie sequels: Days of Future Past: best 'X-Men' yet?

Postby BeastProwl » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:52 pm

Motto: "Planet Exploder"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
Who says hes gotta be an autobot?
Arent they all kinda assholes? Rocket Racoon can be Frenzy.
My PSN: BeastProwl
Image

Come read my Photocomic! It totally doesn't suck!

Va'al wrote:PCCs are not only desirable, they are adorable. [-(

Fanboy wrote:You need to see the figure, feel the figure , lick the figure , be the figure,
And only then can you love mp 01 the way I have.
User avatar
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6088
News Credits: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: The Badass Crater of Badassitude
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: Marvel movie sequels: Days of Future Past: best 'X-Men' yet?

Postby Va'al » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:09 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Bumping the discussion to another sequel: Avengers - Age of Ultron.

Norwich and UEA's (my university) shot at some 10 minutes of potential fame! :D

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/photo_gallery_robert_downey_jr_and_scarlett_johansson_in_norwich_uea_transformed_into_set_for_new_avengers_film_1_3641307

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=101839
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!


Image
Avatar image by sabrigami
User avatar
Va'al
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7012
News Credits: 67
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: UK, Italy
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: Marvel movie sequels: Days of Future Past: best 'X-Men' yet?

Postby sto_vo_kor_2000 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:07 am

Motto: "Today is a good day to die......but the day is not yet over!"
Rodimus Prime wrote:
LOST Cybertronian wrote:One thing that really bugs me about X-Men DOFP (and if you haven't seen it spoiler alert stop reading) is, since when does Kitty have the power to send people's consciousness back in time?


In the comics it was her and Colossus' daughter who had that power, I believe. They took some creative license with it, and gave the power to her. Still closer to the source material than if some random person had it.


excuse me.....what comic are you talking about?
the original Days of futures past books or some alternate time line book?

in the original Days of futures past, and the connected books, it was the daughter of Cyclopes[Scott Summers] and Jean Grey , named RACHEL SUMMERS , that had the power to send a persons consciousness back in time.
That power came from the Phoenix force.

and they did take liberties.
in the comics, it wasa Rachel that sent back a old Kittys consciousness back in time into her younger body.
Predaprince wrote:I am very thankful to have posters like sto_vo_kor_2000 who is so energetic about improving others' understanding and enjoyment of the TF universe
Stormrider wrote:You often add interesting insights to conversations that makes the fledglings think and challenges even the sharpest minds

T-Macksimus wrote:I consider you and editor to be amongst the most "scholarly" in terms of your knowledge, demeanor and general approach

Image
sto_vo_kor_2000
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7076
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:01 am

Re: Marvel movie sequels: Guardians of the Galaxy extended look.

Postby Rodimus Prime » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:27 am

Motto: "...and hell followed with him."
Weapon: Twin Photon Blasters
Here's a new extended look trailer for Guardians of the Galaxy:

............Image
User avatar
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
Posts: 15797
News Credits: 17
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada

Re: Marvel movie sequels: Age of Ultron EW cover: Cap, Iron Man and Ultron!

Postby Rodimus Prime » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:04 am

Motto: "...and hell followed with him."
Weapon: Twin Photon Blasters
Here is the cover for the new issue of Entertainment Weekly, featuring the stars of Age of Ultron, along with what look like Ultron clones!

Image

Source: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=120639

Here are more photos: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=120646

And story details:

ComingSoon wrote:Following this morning's new images from Joss Whedon's much-anticipated Avengers: Age of Ultron, EW has revealed quite a few details about the plot of the May 1, 2015 release, particularly related to James Spader's robotic antagonist!

"A lot of times when Ultron starts talking, it’s beautiful," explains Chris Evans. "It's really intelligent stuff. He's out to do the things he wants to do because he's disgusted with X, Y, and Z. You could probably sit down with Ultron and have a really intelligent conversation. He could blow your mind with his views."

An unusual foe, Ultron actually wants to bring about world peace. He simply wants to eliminate those most responsible for disrupting it: the human race.

"I know you're 'good' people," the magazine reveals as part of Ultron's dialogue to the Avengers, "I know you mean well… but you just didn't think it through… There is only one path to peace… your extermination."

The magazine confirms that Ultron's character begins as one of Tony Stark's "Iron Legion," a team of Iron Man-type robots that Stark is using to continue his crime-fighting in his absence. The character also serves as a metaphorical surrogate son to Tony and has elements of his personality.

"It's not the good version that could've come from [Stark's] intellect and personality," says Chris Hemsworth. "It's the bad son."


Source: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=120697
............Image
User avatar
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
Posts: 15797
News Credits: 17
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada

Re: Marvel sequels: Age of Ultron details and Whedon interview: Cap, Stark and Ultron (and clones)!

Postby Rodimus Prime » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:08 pm

Motto: "...and hell followed with him."
Weapon: Twin Photon Blasters
More from Joss Whedon regarding Age of Ultron:

ComingSoon wrote:Following the reveal yesterday detailing the plans of the titular Ultron, Entertainment Weekly is back with more details from the set of Avengers: Age of Ultron, this time on the brother-sister duo of Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver.

"They're on Team Ultron, which makes things really hard for the Avengers because all of sudden they’re dealing with powers that they’re not used to," director Joss Whedon told the outlet. "With the [first] Avengers, everybody pretty much had the power of being able to punch somebody, and now we have a woman who can get inside your head and move objects, and a boy that can move faster than anything, and a robot [Ultron] who can self-replicate and is out of his mind. So all of sudden, it's a darker, weirder, tougher world that they’re living in."

"There's a lot of clashing. He's quick tempered. He gets agitated. He's impatient. But he's super protective," Aaron Taylor-Johnson said of his character. "They're very yin-and-yang in that twin sense. In his power, he's physical and she's psychological. My character is very much on the frontline, but he can be quite emotional. You see this beautiful tenderness between them."

Another addition to the film will see The Vision, played in person by Paul Bettany who previously only voiced J.A.R.V.I.S. in the Marvel films.

"It's not coincidence," Whedon said. "And I'm not going to tell you any more about The Vision."

The site goes on to report that they were shown test footage of Bettany in character which they said looked "a little more on the purple side of the spectrum than orange" and had "a slightly more technological edge than the original."

Currently filming in London, the sequel also stars Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, Samuel L. Jackson, Thomas Kretschmann, and James Spader. Written and directed once again by Joss Whedon, Avengers: Age of Ultron will open on May 1, 2015.


Source: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=120728
............Image
User avatar
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
Posts: 15797
News Credits: 17
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #105 - Megatronus
Twincast / Podcast #105:
"Megatronus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, November 23rd, 2014