Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Masterpiece Grimlock to be re-releaed by Hasbro!

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Masterpiece Grimlock to be re-releaed by Hasbro!

Postby Kibble » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:08 am

Motto: "Shut up and take my SQUEE!"
Weapon: No Weapon
What's the point of re-releasing something for the same price it goes for aftermarket? Maybe they should do another run of MP-11 and charge $250 for it..
User avatar
Kibble
City Commander
Posts: 3638
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:54 am

Re: Masterpiece Grimlock to be re-releaed by Hasbro!

Postby optimolife » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:51 pm

Not sure where you guys are seeing aftermarket prices of $220......He's going for $300-$600 on Ebay!!!! And that's before shipping costs....

220 would be way more affordable than anywhere else you'd be able to find him right now.

BTW Would this Hasbro-Asia version have the sharp teeth or rounded ?
optimolife
Mini-Con
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:34 am

Re: Masterpiece Grimlock to be re-releaed by Hasbro!

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:23 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Wait... what valuta exactly is MYR? Ah, Malaysian Ringgit. Are prices always that high over there?
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD Grimlock, Hightower & Wedge
3) Energon Sledge, Duststorm, Bonecrusher & Wideload
4) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 15026
News Credits: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: Delft, the Netherlands; McKinney, Texas, USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Masterpiece Grimlock to be re-releaed by Hasbro!

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:46 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Wait... what valuta exactly is MYR? Ah, Malaysian Ringgit. Are prices always that high over there?


Yes, most of the time. A 13 USD (approx. 39 MYR) deluxe TF in the USA would cost about 59.90 MYR here (approx. 20 USD). A Takara version would cost almost double that amount.

The only consolation we have here is that shipping costs less to import stuff here from Japanese online stores, than it would cost for someone to import to the US.
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt
Posts: 2289
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:20 pm
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Masterpiece Grimlock to be re-releaed by Hasbro!

Postby Sinnertwin » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:50 am

Motto: "Take the foolish path, it's much more fun."
Weapon: Sawed-Off C02 Shotgun
optimolife wrote:Not sure where you guys are seeing aftermarket prices of $220......He's going for $300-$600 on Ebay!!!! And that's before shipping costs....
220 would be way more affordable than anywhere else you'd be able to find him right now.


In theory, this should reset the prices to $220. Of course there are shipping costs etc to consider, but if i had an MP Grimlock on eBay, I'd reconsider the pricing to be reflect this announcement once it is released. On the other hand, you could always hold onto it and wait for the rush to subside then jack the price back up. If you've got the dosh, buy it is my suggestion.
Image
Sinnertwin
Combiner
Posts: 479
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:46 am

Re: Masterpiece Grimlock to be re-releaed by Hasbro!

Postby AutoBorst » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:59 am

I absolutely love my MP Grimlock, but I am happier knowing I bought it at a reasonable price from Toys R Us. The price on this toy is just beyond ******. There's nothing about this toy that justifies $220.00.
AutoBorst
Micromaster
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:18 am

Re: Masterpiece Grimlock to be re-releaed by Hasbro!

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:02 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Wait... what valuta exactly is MYR? Ah, Malaysian Ringgit. Are prices always that high over there?


Yes, most of the time. A 13 USD (approx. 39 MYR) deluxe TF in the USA would cost about 59.90 MYR here (approx. 20 USD). A Takara version would cost almost double that amount.

The only consolation we have here is that shipping costs less to import stuff here from Japanese online stores, than it would cost for someone to import to the US.


Almost the same in Europe then. As my folks would say: "Still wet even when not peed on". :lol:
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD Grimlock, Hightower & Wedge
3) Energon Sledge, Duststorm, Bonecrusher & Wideload
4) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 15026
News Credits: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: Delft, the Netherlands; McKinney, Texas, USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Masterpiece Grimlock to be re-releaed by Hasbro!

Postby chonosmoon » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:07 pm

Motto: "There are no victims, only volunteers."
$220?

That is terrible news. The price is on par or higher than the scalping price on eBay.
So shouldn't the price be much lower? Hasbro-Asia pricing the item at that much is border-line criminal and shady.
User avatar
chonosmoon
Minibot
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:48 am
Location: NJ
Buy from chonosmoon on eBay

Re: Masterpiece Grimlock to be re-releaed by Hasbro!

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:24 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Wait... what valuta exactly is MYR? Ah, Malaysian Ringgit. Are prices always that high over there?


Yes, most of the time. A 13 USD (approx. 39 MYR) deluxe TF in the USA would cost about 59.90 MYR here (approx. 20 USD). A Takara version would cost almost double that amount.

The only consolation we have here is that shipping costs less to import stuff here from Japanese online stores, than it would cost for someone to import to the US.


Almost the same in Europe then. As my folks would say: "Still wet even when not peed on". :lol:


Considering the warm and humid climate here, that saying is disturbingly fitting! :lol:
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt
Posts: 2289
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:20 pm
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Masterpiece Grimlock to be re-releaed by Hasbro!

Postby Dean ML » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:08 am

Any update on this rerelease? As expensive as this is, it's still cheaper than the current eBay prices. I'm late to the Masterpiece party and me need Grimlock!
Dean ML
Fuzor
Posts: 296
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:21 am

Re: Masterpiece Grimlock to be re-releaed by Hasbro!

Postby Va'al » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:25 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Dean ML wrote:Any update on this rerelease? As expensive as this is, it's still cheaper than the current eBay prices. I'm late to the Masterpiece party and me need Grimlock!


This is all we know for now, and it seems legit: http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/asia-exclusive-mp08-grimlock/27761/

(And sold out.)
Last edited by Va'al on Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!


Image
Avatar image by sabrigami
User avatar
Va'al
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7228
News Credits: 67
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: UK, Italy
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: Masterpiece Grimlock to be re-releaed by Hasbro!

Postby Dean ML » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:35 am

Sold out?! WTF?!
Dean ML
Fuzor
Posts: 296
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:21 am

Previous

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism
Twincast / Podcast #106:
"McCarthyism"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, December 4th, 2014