Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Masterpiece Reissues Next Year: MP-14 Alert, MP-12 Lambor, MP-11 Starscream, Optimus Prime

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: TakaraTomy Masterpiece Reissues Next Year - MP-14 Red Alert, MP-12 Sideswipe, MP-11 King Starscream,

Postby shajaki » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:18 pm

Motto: "a man who wants nothing is invincible."
huh... i havent heard anything. but if this turns out to be fake then someone will have an official news post somewhere.

the difference between MP10 and the asia MP10 (or "relaunch version") is actually just a display stand.

Image
Image
currently seeking:

-ehobby reissues ramjet and thrust
-henkei dinobot
-beast wars returns strika BR-13
-beast wars fox kids dinobot (loose & MISB)
for trade: TRU 2014 MP grimlock
User avatar
shajaki
Gestalt
Posts: 2018
News Credits: 15
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:56 pm
Location: edmonton alberta CA
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Re: TakaraTomy Masterpiece Reissues Next Year - MP-14 Red Alert, MP-12 Sideswipe, MP-11 King Starscream,

Postby bruticus1978 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:40 pm

Motto: "The mind is the greatest weapon."
Weapon: Sonic Disruptor
Thanks! So is $350 a decent price for this guy? If TT is planning on re-releasing MP-10, about how much would it be?
User avatar
bruticus1978
Mini-Con
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:48 pm
Location: WA
Buy from bruticus1978 on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 3
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: TakaraTomy Masterpiece Reissues Next Year - MP-14 Red Alert, MP-12 Sideswipe, MP-11 King Starscream,

Postby Stormrider » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:42 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
bruticus1978 wrote:Thanks! So is $350 a decent price for this guy? If TT is planning on re-releasing MP-10, about how much would it be?


$350 is way too expensive. MP10 was $250.
Image
Stormrider
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8613
News Credits: 37
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:24 am
Location: USA

Transformers Asia Reissues Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime

Postby Va'al » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:08 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Thanks to a tip from fellow Seibertron.com user Autobot Genocide and site sponsor Kapow! Toys's Facebook page, we have some news for those of you still looking for a Masterpiece Optimus Prime/Convoy not in one of its many repaints: Transformers Asia have confirmed the reissue of the Hasbro version of the mold for this coming October, limited to the Asian market (excluding Takara-serviced Japan)! Check out more information below.

Masterpiece Optimus Prime Reissue (Hasbro Version) Announce!

Available: 15th Oct 2014
Available to Asia Only (Exclude Japan)

* TRAILER CONVERTS TO BATTLE STATION!
* AUTOBOT ROLLER INCLUDED!
* MATRIX OF LEADERSHIP FITS IN CHEST!
* SNAP-ON ENERGON AXE!
* SPIKE WITWICKY MINI-FIGURE INCLUDED!

(SPECIAL PREMIUM WILL BE INCLUDED)


Image
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!


Image
Avatar image by sabrigami
User avatar
Va'al
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7220
News Credits: 67
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: UK, Italy
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: TakaraTomy Masterpiece Reissues Next Year - MP-14 Red Alert, MP-12 Sideswipe, MP-11 King Starscream,

Postby Madkatmaximus » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:21 am

Thank God. Just please, please, please be within my price range.
Madkatmaximus
Mini-Con
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:03 pm

Re: TakaraTomy Masterpiece Reissues Next Year - MP-14 Red Alert, MP-12 Sideswipe, MP-11 King Starscream,

Postby william-james88 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:31 am

So both those MP-10 rereleases (one hasbro, the other takara)would have to be imported over from asia for us europeans and north americans. Apart from the stand and the smokestacks, do they have other differences? Because I bet that asia exclusive hasbro rerelease will be much cheaper. Pretty much my main question why would anyone get the takara rerelease while the hasbro rerelease will also be available?

Also, is anyone geting a vibe that they will rerelease MP-10 Hasbro in the western continents too?
Latest TFs: MP 10, Platinum Predaking and a huge original G1 lot (Optimus Prime, Springer, Grimlock, Slugslinger, Silverbolt, Skydive, Sharkticon, Thrust, Topspin, and Scorponok with Lord Zarak)
User avatar
william-james88
News Staff
Posts: 1310
News Credits: 32
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: TakaraTomy Masterpiece Reissues Next Year - MP-14 Red Alert, MP-12 Sideswipe, MP-11 King Starscream,

Postby megatronus » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:45 am

Motto: "I have better things to do tonight than die!"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Bring it on. Papa needs a second Hasbro MP-10.
Image
User avatar
megatronus
City Commander
Posts: 3334
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:57 am
Location: NYC
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Re: TakaraTomy Masterpiece Reissues Next Year - MP-14 Red Alert, MP-12 Sideswipe, MP-11 King Starscream,

Postby megatronus » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:47 am

Motto: "I have better things to do tonight than die!"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
william-james88 wrote:Also, is anyone geting a vibe that they will rerelease MP-10 Hasbro in the western continents too?

I kind of doubt it, especially since YOTH Prime was released so recently. I feel like we would have heard about it by now, or would have gotten a leak from TRU's computers or something (as we did way back with Prowl).

This is probably just for the folks in Asia who didn't have access to the first release. Hope it's as cheap at retail as the first release, but with import markups as they are, I doubt it...
Image
User avatar
megatronus
City Commander
Posts: 3334
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:57 am
Location: NYC
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Re: TakaraTomy Masterpiece Reissues Next Year - MP-14 Red Alert, MP-12 Sideswipe, MP-11 King Starscream,

Postby william-james88 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:50 am

megatronus wrote:
This is probably just for the folks in Asia who didn't have access to the first release. Hope it's as cheap at retail as the first release, but with import markups as they are, I doubt it...


Who knows, with all these MP-10s, maybe the infamous Lena seller will get his/her hands on a few ;)
Latest TFs: MP 10, Platinum Predaking and a huge original G1 lot (Optimus Prime, Springer, Grimlock, Slugslinger, Silverbolt, Skydive, Sharkticon, Thrust, Topspin, and Scorponok with Lord Zarak)
User avatar
william-james88
News Staff
Posts: 1310
News Credits: 32
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: TakaraTomy Masterpiece Reissues Next Year - MP-14 Red Alert, MP-12 Sideswipe, MP-11 King Starscream,

Postby Cyberpath » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:53 am

william-james88 wrote:So both those MP-10 rereleases (one hasbro, the other takara)would have to be imported over from asia for us europeans and north americans. Apart from the stand and the smokestacks, do they have other differences? Because I bet that asia exclusive hasbro rerelease will be much cheaper. Pretty much my main question why would anyone get the takara rerelease while the hasbro rerelease will also be available?

Also, is anyone geting a vibe that they will rerelease MP-10 Hasbro in the western continents too?

The smokestacks are the same for both versions.

Takara version has darker shade of blue; a grey Roller; and the interior panels of trailer have more luster.

Hasbro version has baby blue eyes, which fits with Takara's newer MP Autobot figures. A blue Roller, and yellow painted lights like in TFTM.
User avatar
Cyberpath
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 544
News Credits: 42
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:16 am

Re: TakaraTomy Masterpiece Reissues Next Year - MP-14 Red Alert, MP-12 Sideswipe, MP-11 King Starscream,

Postby william-james88 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:56 am

Cyberpath wrote:
william-james88 wrote:So both those MP-10 rereleases (one hasbro, the other takara)would have to be imported over from asia for us europeans and north americans. Apart from the stand and the smokestacks, do they have other differences? Because I bet that asia exclusive hasbro rerelease will be much cheaper. Pretty much my main question why would anyone get the takara rerelease while the hasbro rerelease will also be available?

Also, is anyone geting a vibe that they will rerelease MP-10 Hasbro in the western continents too?

The smokestacks are the same for both versions.

Takara version has darker shade of blue; a grey Roller; and the interior panels of trailer have more luster.

Hasbro version has baby blue eyes, which fits with Takara's newer MP Autobot figures. A blue Roller, and yellow painted lights like in TFTM.


Oh, so only MP01 had a smokestack difference, interesting. Thanks for the description, it further cements that I will simply wait for the hasbro version to be made available.
Latest TFs: MP 10, Platinum Predaking and a huge original G1 lot (Optimus Prime, Springer, Grimlock, Slugslinger, Silverbolt, Skydive, Sharkticon, Thrust, Topspin, and Scorponok with Lord Zarak)
User avatar
william-james88
News Staff
Posts: 1310
News Credits: 32
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: TakaraTomy Masterpiece Reissues Next Year - MP-14 Red Alert, MP-12 Sideswipe, MP-11 King Starscream,

Postby fenrir72 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:38 am

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
william-james88 wrote:So both those MP-10 rereleases (one hasbro, the other takara)would have to be imported over from asia for us europeans and north americans. Apart from the stand and the smokestacks, do they have other differences? Because I bet that asia exclusive hasbro rerelease will be much cheaper. Pretty much my main question why would anyone get the takara rerelease while the hasbro rerelease will also be available?

Also, is anyone geting a vibe that they will rerelease MP-10 Hasbro in the western continents too?


Tomy has different paint apps and pvc. Different box. Cheaper? I doubt it as the price for this one in the USA WAS cheap......until the scalpers got to it. In Asia, almost as expensive as the Tomy, give or take a $20.00 difference.
Current collection status

Number of TFs:400 +
Rarest TF: Fortmax,Pretenders Metalhawk,KissPlayers Sparkbots,Tomy FE Optimus Prime, custom E-hobby Orion Pax, MP-01 2004, Classics Ultra Magnus, henkei Convoy + FP Trailer, e-hobby Roadrage,iPod G1 colors Convoy
Latest TF:MP Wheeljack,30th Jetfire,Windblade
Wanted TFs:Abominus, Computron, Road Caesar, Leo Kaizer, G1 Scorponok, G1 dinobots, Grandus
Impossible Dream TFs:Overlord,Galaxyshuttle,Black Zarak, Monstructor or Dinoking
User avatar
fenrir72
Faction Commander
Posts: 4510
News Credits: 8
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:37 am
Location: SEA
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: TakaraTomy Masterpiece Reissues Next Year - MP-14 Red Alert, MP-12 Sideswipe, MP-11 King Starscream,

Postby william-james88 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:04 pm

fenrir72 wrote:
Tomy has different paint apps and pvc. Different box. Cheaper? I doubt it as the price for this one in the USA WAS cheap......until the scalpers got to it. In Asia, almost as expensive as the Tomy, give or take a $20.00 difference.


So are you saying that it will be closer priced to the Takara MP 10 because they know they can get more money from it due to the high scalper costs? Or simply because this is an asian release? I ask because Hasbro reissued Grimlock and didnt charge much even though the scalpers were having a ball with the previous releases of that figure.
Latest TFs: MP 10, Platinum Predaking and a huge original G1 lot (Optimus Prime, Springer, Grimlock, Slugslinger, Silverbolt, Skydive, Sharkticon, Thrust, Topspin, and Scorponok with Lord Zarak)
User avatar
william-james88
News Staff
Posts: 1310
News Credits: 32
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: TakaraTomy Masterpiece Reissues Next Year - MP-14 Red Alert, MP-12 Sideswipe, MP-11 King Starscream,

Postby Convoy » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:13 pm

fenrir72 wrote:
Tomy has different paint apps and pvc. Different box. Cheaper? I doubt it as the price for this one in the USA WAS cheap......until the scalpers got to it. In Asia, almost as expensive as the Tomy, give or take a $20.00 difference.


I'm wondering if TRU started raising the price on the MP Transformers at release to stick it to/take advantage of scalpers. The price always comes down... until it goes up on the secondary market.
Convoy
Minibot
Posts: 165
News Credits: 6
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 11:36 am

Re: TakaraTomy Masterpiece Reissues Next Year - MP-14 Red Alert, MP-12 Sideswipe, MP-11 King Starscream,

Postby megatronus » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:30 pm

Motto: "I have better things to do tonight than die!"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
william-james88 wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:
Tomy has different paint apps and pvc. Different box. Cheaper? I doubt it as the price for this one in the USA WAS cheap......until the scalpers got to it. In Asia, almost as expensive as the Tomy, give or take a $20.00 difference.


So are you saying that it will be closer priced to the Takara MP 10 because they know they can get more money from it due to the high scalper costs? Or simply because this is an asian release? I ask because Hasbro reissued Grimlock and didnt charge much even though the scalpers were having a ball with the previous releases of that figure.

I would say because it's an Asian Release.

The Asia reissues of Starscream & Grimlock both started out at $200 with the US retailers, probably due to the import cost & markup. I can see Hasbro Reissue MP-10 costing about $250. But we won't know til we know.

Also, both recent reissues of Grimlock have by and large been of lesser quality, which is why you can still find the Asia Reissue Grimlock rather easily (the Hasbro reissue sold like hotcakes due to cheapness, but I doubt the scalpers are making a lot on them).
Image
User avatar
megatronus
City Commander
Posts: 3334
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:57 am
Location: NYC
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Re: TakaraTomy Masterpiece Reissues Next Year - MP-14 Red Alert, MP-12 Sideswipe, MP-11 King Starscream,

Postby K2vox » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:42 pm

Motto: "If you don't believe in the ridiculous absurdity of your genius, than who else will?"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
PRAISE THE ALLSPARK!!! As long as this thing is under $200 I will be getting one. I missed out the first time and cry inside every day. I WANT HASBRO MP PRIME. I also missed jumping on the Hasbrotoyshop online release of Soundwave... which also makes me cry. I love these toys but hate the scalpers...
K2vox
Micromaster
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:19 pm
Location: California
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 4
Skill: 9

Re: TakaraTomy Masterpiece Reissues Next Year - MP-14 Red Alert, MP-12 Sideswipe, MP-11 King Starscream,

Postby william-james88 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:54 pm

K2vox wrote:PRAISE THE ALLSPARK!!! As long as this thing is under $200 I will be getting one. I missed out the first time and cry inside every day. I WANT HASBRO MP PRIME. I also missed jumping on the Hasbrotoyshop online release of Soundwave... which also makes me cry. I love these toys but hate the scalpers...


I am in the same boat. I don't get why Hasbro doesnt just make more when they see how high the demand is
Latest TFs: MP 10, Platinum Predaking and a huge original G1 lot (Optimus Prime, Springer, Grimlock, Slugslinger, Silverbolt, Skydive, Sharkticon, Thrust, Topspin, and Scorponok with Lord Zarak)
User avatar
william-james88
News Staff
Posts: 1310
News Credits: 32
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: TakaraTomy Masterpiece Reissues Next Year - MP-14 Red Alert, MP-12 Sideswipe, MP-11 King Starscream,

Postby megatronus » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:55 pm

Motto: "I have better things to do tonight than die!"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
william-james88 wrote:
K2vox wrote:PRAISE THE ALLSPARK!!! As long as this thing is under $200 I will be getting one. I missed out the first time and cry inside every day. I WANT HASBRO MP PRIME. I also missed jumping on the Hasbrotoyshop online release of Soundwave... which also makes me cry. I love these toys but hate the scalpers...


I am in the same boat. I don't get why Hasbro doesnt just make more when they see how high the demand is

Right? Especially with the transition to new MP packaging - that seems like the perfect excuse to re-release him in the states.
Image
User avatar
megatronus
City Commander
Posts: 3334
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:57 am
Location: NYC
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Re: TakaraTomy Masterpiece Reissues Next Year - MP-14 Red Alert, MP-12 Sideswipe, MP-11 King Starscream,

Postby K2vox » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:15 pm

Motto: "If you don't believe in the ridiculous absurdity of your genius, than who else will?"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
megatronus wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
K2vox wrote:PRAISE THE ALLSPARK!!! As long as this thing is under $200 I will be getting one. I missed out the first time and cry inside every day. I WANT HASBRO MP PRIME. I also missed jumping on the Hasbrotoyshop online release of Soundwave... which also makes me cry. I love these toys but hate the scalpers...


I am in the same boat. I don't get why Hasbro doesnt just make more when they see how high the demand is

Right? Especially with the transition to new MP packaging - that seems like the perfect excuse to re-release him in the states.


^THIS - See, if Hasbro released more based on demand, they could keep the price down and still make money hand over fist and EVERYONE could have 1 or 2 MP Primes. The scalpers on Ebay that are making 300% profit are making money that is NOT going toward the GDP or GNP. I read that. Only when you buy a new product produced from a company does it count. So the stupid money going to scalpers in NO way stimulates the economy. What do 3rd Party companies do when the demand is high? They re-release stuff! Look at that old classics Ultra Magnus trailer add-on (which I got and is awesome). And even FP re-released their not-swindle and not-blast-off. FOR SHAME HASBRO.
K2vox
Micromaster
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:19 pm
Location: California
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 4
Skill: 9

Re: TakaraTomy Masterpiece Reissues Next Year - MP-14 Red Alert, MP-12 Sideswipe, MP-11 King Starscream,

Postby Seibertron » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:30 pm

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
I'm curious why everyone thinks this will be in their price range if it's an Asia exclusive. It might be less expensive than current eBay prices (haven't looked recently) but considering previous Asia exclusive re-releases, the prices don't really seem to work out to our favor after import costs.
Image

Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, + more!

For Sale: Unreleased G2 Combat Hero Optimus Prime and G2 Combat Hero Megatron
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23458
News Credits: 768
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: TakaraTomy Masterpiece Reissues Next Year - MP-14 Red Alert, MP-12 Sideswipe, MP-11 King Starscream,

Postby shajaki » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:37 pm

Motto: "a man who wants nothing is invincible."
megatronus wrote:Right? Especially with the transition to new MP packaging - that seems like the perfect excuse to re-release him in the states.
that would actually be perfect. and awesome. i almost bought another MP soundwave just because of the way hasbro boxed him up (i already had takaras and all tapes).

Seibertron wrote:I'm curious why everyone thinks this will be in their price range if it's an Asia exclusive. It might be less expensive than current eBay prices (haven't looked recently) but considering previous Asia exclusive re-releases, the prices don't really seem to work out to our favor after import costs.
i was actually wondering the same thing. wasnt the first MP10 $300 or over? in general the asia MP's have all been pricey.
Image
currently seeking:

-ehobby reissues ramjet and thrust
-henkei dinobot
-beast wars returns strika BR-13
-beast wars fox kids dinobot (loose & MISB)
for trade: TRU 2014 MP grimlock
User avatar
shajaki
Gestalt
Posts: 2018
News Credits: 15
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:56 pm
Location: edmonton alberta CA
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Re: TakaraTomy Masterpiece Reissues Next Year - MP-14 Red Alert, MP-12 Sideswipe, MP-11 King Starscream,

Postby Seibertron » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:27 pm

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
shajaki wrote:
Seibertron wrote:I'm curious why everyone thinks this will be in their price range if it's an Asia exclusive. It might be less expensive than current eBay prices (haven't looked recently) but considering previous Asia exclusive re-releases, the prices don't really seem to work out to our favor after import costs.
i was actually wondering the same thing. wasnt the first MP10 $300 or over? in general the asia MP's have all been pricey.


The first one was $250 if I recall, and the Hasbro version was $120.
Image

Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, + more!

For Sale: Unreleased G2 Combat Hero Optimus Prime and G2 Combat Hero Megatron
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23458
News Credits: 768
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: TakaraTomy Masterpiece Reissues Next Year - MP-14 Red Alert, MP-12 Sideswipe, MP-11 King Starscream,

Postby MightyMagnus78 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:51 pm

Motto: ""Consistency is victory.""
Weapon: Shoulder Mounted Rocket Launcher
Seibertron wrote:
shajaki wrote:
Seibertron wrote:I'm curious why everyone thinks this will be in their price range if it's an Asia exclusive. It might be less expensive than current eBay prices (haven't looked recently) but considering previous Asia exclusive re-releases, the prices don't really seem to work out to our favor after import costs.
i was actually wondering the same thing. wasnt the first MP10 $300 or over? in general the asia MP's have all been pricey.


The first one was $250 if I recall, and the Hasbro version was $120.


Well the cheapest MP10 on eBay UK right now is £225 ($380??) and that's actually quite reasonable. Now I can't see that Asia re-issue exclusive being that expensive? and any chance to get him cheaper is welcome.
Image
User avatar
MightyMagnus78
Brainmaster
Posts: 1493
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:35 pm
Location: Cannock, Staffordshire, England
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Rank: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: TakaraTomy Masterpiece Reissues Next Year - MP-14 Red Alert, MP-12 Sideswipe, MP-11 King Starscream,

Postby fenrir72 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:12 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
megatronus wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:
Tomy has different paint apps and pvc. Different box. Cheaper? I doubt it as the price for this one in the USA WAS cheap......until the scalpers got to it. In Asia, almost as expensive as the Tomy, give or take a $20.00 difference.


So are you saying that it will be closer priced to the Takara MP 10 because they know they can get more money from it due to the high scalper costs? Or simply because this is an asian release? I ask because Hasbro reissued Grimlock and didnt charge much even though the scalpers were having a ball with the previous releases of that figure.

I would say because it's an Asian Release.

The Asia reissues of Starscream & Grimlock both started out at $200 with the US retailers, probably due to the import cost & markup. I can see Hasbro Reissue MP-10 costing about $250. But we won't know til we know.

Also, both recent reissues of Grimlock have by and large been of lesser quality, which is why you can still find the Asia Reissue Grimlock rather easily (the Hasbro reissue sold like hotcakes due to cheapness, but I doubt the scalpers are making a lot on them).


This. Yup! Grimlock re-issues have "issues" in quality alright. And the price for the Asia release are much higher than the US mainland. That and eventual scalper mark up. What's surprising is that being manufactured in Asia, you'd expect it to be cheaper but the TRU USA version was much cheaper(at least from what I heard at its initial SRP before scalpers)
Current collection status

Number of TFs:400 +
Rarest TF: Fortmax,Pretenders Metalhawk,KissPlayers Sparkbots,Tomy FE Optimus Prime, custom E-hobby Orion Pax, MP-01 2004, Classics Ultra Magnus, henkei Convoy + FP Trailer, e-hobby Roadrage,iPod G1 colors Convoy
Latest TF:MP Wheeljack,30th Jetfire,Windblade
Wanted TFs:Abominus, Computron, Road Caesar, Leo Kaizer, G1 Scorponok, G1 dinobots, Grandus
Impossible Dream TFs:Overlord,Galaxyshuttle,Black Zarak, Monstructor or Dinoking
User avatar
fenrir72
Faction Commander
Posts: 4510
News Credits: 8
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:37 am
Location: SEA
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: Masterpiece Reissues Next Year: MP-14 Alert, MP-12 Lambor, MP-11 Starscream, Optimus Prime

Postby warzon3 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:33 pm

With all the mp-10 repaints and reissues I think a Hasbro/TRU reissue is a forgone conclusion in the near future
warzon3
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 599
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:05 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism
Twincast / Podcast #106:
"McCarthyism"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, December 4th, 2014