MECHTECH TRAILER! Which Movie Voyager Optimus fits the bill?

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

MECHTECH TRAILER! Which Movie Voyager Optimus fits the bill?

Postby robotmel » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:41 am

Motto: "I once pooped an Energon Cube!"
Weapon: Dino-Missiles
:D
Whilst browsing random Transformers online, I notice the many, many Movie Voyager Optimus Prime figures, which gets me to thinking about Prime and his trailer. :BOT:
Image

I have the Mechtech Trailer but I just need to find the fitting Optimus Prime to go with!

Can you good folk help? :D

I own the Lunar Battles Optimus Prime, the one which came with Deluxe Comettor. This mold seems to fit ok but the colours are way out. Way too light as the trailer is a lot darker shade of blue.

There is no hole cut into Optimus, so drilling my own would be a little worrying?
Image

This version of the mold doesnt have those annoying little pointy plastic pieces set into his rear wheel covers. These would obviously prevent the trailer from hitching and turning?
Image

Was there an Optimus Prime released on his own which could fit this trailer perfectly?

:-?
Last edited by robotmel on Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ROBOTMEL'S WANTS LIST! :BOT: PM ME PLEASE!
Classics/Generations - 25th Ann Unicron, United Scourge
Alternity - Ultra Magnus, Dai Atlas, Saber
Perfect Effect - Eject & Rewind
Fansproject - Assaulter (Broadside)
IDW Transformers (2009 Ongoing) - #22b (VF/NM)
MARVEL Generation 2 - Halloween Special (VF/NM)
User avatar
robotmel
Gestalt
Posts: 2386
News Credits: 14
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:22 am
Location: Great Britain
Buy from robotmel on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: Mechtech Trailer! Which Movie Voyager Optimus fits the bill?

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:14 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
The DotM Voyager Prime perfectly fits the MechTech Trailer, despite those pointy plastic pieces, it was originally made for that mold to begin with. If you got it standalone, you got a KO there.

Image

And the Truck standalone:

Image

It was retooled to remove the solar panel and straighten out the windows in both modes, the pointy plastic pieces remain.
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD Grimlock, Hightower & Wedge
3) Energon Sledge, Duststorm, Bonecrusher & Wideload
4) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17352
News Credits: 22
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:45 am
Location: McKinney, Texas, USA; Delft, the Netherlands
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Mechtech Trailer! Which Movie Voyager Optimus fits the bill?

Postby robotmel » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:23 am

Motto: "I once pooped an Energon Cube!"
Weapon: Dino-Missiles
;)
Yep its the KO indeedy! :D

I spotted a couple of different Voyager Primes at B & M Home Store recently, will have to pop back! :D
ROBOTMEL'S WANTS LIST! :BOT: PM ME PLEASE!
Classics/Generations - 25th Ann Unicron, United Scourge
Alternity - Ultra Magnus, Dai Atlas, Saber
Perfect Effect - Eject & Rewind
Fansproject - Assaulter (Broadside)
IDW Transformers (2009 Ongoing) - #22b (VF/NM)
MARVEL Generation 2 - Halloween Special (VF/NM)
User avatar
robotmel
Gestalt
Posts: 2386
News Credits: 14
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:22 am
Location: Great Britain
Buy from robotmel on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: Mechtech Trailer! Which Movie Voyager Optimus fits the bill?

Postby Rodimus Prime » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:04 am

I used the DotM voyager Prime, where I filed off the pointy things on the rear fenders. Fit very well.

However, that trailer is PERFECT for TFP Deluxe Optimus in truck mode. Too bad I no longer have either, I would put up pictures...
Burn wrote:Alpha Bravo...He's a helicopter in a team of jets. That's just dumb.
............Image
User avatar
Rodimus Prime
Site Moderator
Posts: 18301
News Credits: 19
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 9:31 pm

Re: Mechtech Trailer! Which Movie Voyager Optimus fits the bill?

Postby robotmel » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:31 am

Motto: "I once pooped an Energon Cube!"
Weapon: Dino-Missiles
Rodimus Prime wrote:I used the DotM voyager Prime, where I filed off the pointy things on the rear fenders. Fit very well.

However, that trailer is PERFECT for TFP Deluxe Optimus in truck mode. Too bad I no longer have either, I would put up pictures...


:-? Deluxe not Voyager?
ROBOTMEL'S WANTS LIST! :BOT: PM ME PLEASE!
Classics/Generations - 25th Ann Unicron, United Scourge
Alternity - Ultra Magnus, Dai Atlas, Saber
Perfect Effect - Eject & Rewind
Fansproject - Assaulter (Broadside)
IDW Transformers (2009 Ongoing) - #22b (VF/NM)
MARVEL Generation 2 - Halloween Special (VF/NM)
User avatar
robotmel
Gestalt
Posts: 2386
News Credits: 14
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:22 am
Location: Great Britain
Buy from robotmel on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: Mechtech Trailer! Which Movie Voyager Optimus fits the bill?

Postby PrymeStriker » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:59 pm

Motto: "When did I get this tattoo?"
Weapon: Thrust Gun
robotmel wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:I used the DotM voyager Prime, where I filed off the pointy things on the rear fenders. Fit very well.

However, that trailer is PERFECT for TFP Deluxe Optimus in truck mode. Too bad I no longer have either, I would put up pictures...


:-? Deluxe not Voyager?


DotM Voyager Prime's trailer would go better on a TFP Voyager Optimus because it was made for a Voyager.

However, the Movie Trilogy Optimus' trailer looks good on TFP Deluxe Optimus, despite the consistency in rim color. :BANG_HEAD:

Image
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5765
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:57 pm
Location: Happytown, Hell
Alt Mode: An Enormous Red Rocket
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 1

Re: Mechtech Trailer! Which Movie Voyager Optimus fits the bill?

Postby Rodimus Prime » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:12 am

PrymeStriker wrote:
robotmel wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:I used the DotM voyager Prime, where I filed off the pointy things on the rear fenders. Fit very well.

However, that trailer is PERFECT for TFP Deluxe Optimus in truck mode. Too bad I no longer have either, I would put up pictures...


:-? Deluxe not Voyager?


DotM Voyager Prime's trailer would go better on a TFP Voyager Optimus because it was made for a Voyager.

However, the Movie Trilogy Optimus' trailer looks good on TFP Deluxe Optimus, despite the consistency in rim color.


You mean inconsistency. :P But yes, I stand corrected. I mixed up the 2 trailers. The trailer I had was the 1 in the picture, along with TFP Deluxe Prime.
Burn wrote:Alpha Bravo...He's a helicopter in a team of jets. That's just dumb.
............Image
User avatar
Rodimus Prime
Site Moderator
Posts: 18301
News Credits: 19
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 9:31 pm

Re: Mechtech Trailer! Which Movie Voyager Optimus fits the bill?

Postby PrymeStriker » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:07 am

Motto: "When did I get this tattoo?"
Weapon: Thrust Gun
Rodimus Prime wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:
robotmel wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:I used the DotM voyager Prime, where I filed off the pointy things on the rear fenders. Fit very well.

However, that trailer is PERFECT for TFP Deluxe Optimus in truck mode. Too bad I no longer have either, I would put up pictures...


:-? Deluxe not Voyager?


DotM Voyager Prime's trailer would go better on a TFP Voyager Optimus because it was made for a Voyager.

However, the Movie Trilogy Optimus' trailer looks good on TFP Deluxe Optimus, despite the consistency in rim color.


You mean inconsistency. :P


That was meant to be ironic. ;)
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5765
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:57 pm
Location: Happytown, Hell
Alt Mode: An Enormous Red Rocket
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 1


Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Ending Soon On eBay

FWI Transformers FWI SC-01 Repair Trailer For Movie 4 V Class Optimus Prime New - Time Remaining: 1 day 17 hours 43 minutes 33 seconds
Transformers 2015 Year Of Goat Platinum Edition Masterpiece Optimus Prime - Time Remaining: 3 days 15 hours 3 seconds
Transformers Alternators TRACKS Corvette Z06 New - Time Remaining: 2 days 2 hours 1 minute 35 seconds
Transformers Alternators DEAD END Dodge Viper New - Time Remaining: 2 days 2 hours 5 minutes 47 seconds
1992 Hasbro Transformers G2 Terradive Jet 100% Complete - Time Remaining: 2 days 21 hours 54 minutes 44 seconds
2003 HASBRO TRANSFORMERS ARMADA RED ALERT FIGURE - Time Remaining: 2 days 16 hours 10 minutes 59 seconds
Transformers Movie Voyager Class BLACKOUT Deluxe Class SCORPONOK New Desert Pack - Time Remaining: 1 day 17 hours 57 minutes 56 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Generations Autobot Springer Deluxe Class MISB - Time Remaining: 2 days 19 hours 42 minutes 59 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #153 - Last Knights of Cybertron
Twincast / Podcast #153:
"Last Knights of Cybertron"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, August 15th, 2016