Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

megatron with his proper head put on

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Transformers 3 is scheduled to be released on July 1st, 2011. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Postby AbsumZer0 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:22 pm

Dark Zarak wrote:Hell yeah. Now I even like movie Megs.

The face looks right. It's the eyes and the brow of the helmet that make it work. No more Alien Queen snout.

To all the haters: What more do you want? You realize these are the Bayformers. If you don't like it watch the latest childrens' TF crapfest on Cartoon Network.

It's the most human looking face we've gotten out of these guys yet.


Have you not seen the image of the visorless Jazz? It's definitely humanoid.
AbsumZer0
Pretender
Posts: 780
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:13 pm

Postby Nightracer GT » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:25 pm

Motto: "If it feels so good, it can't be wrong."
Weapon: Whiplash Cutlass
AbsumZer0 wrote:
Dark Zarak wrote:Hell yeah. Now I even like movie Megs.

The face looks right. It's the eyes and the brow of the helmet that make it work. No more Alien Queen snout.

To all the haters: What more do you want? You realize these are the Bayformers. If you don't like it watch the latest childrens' TF crapfest on Cartoon Network.

It's the most human looking face we've gotten out of these guys yet.


Have you not seen the image of the visorless Jazz? It's definitely humanoid.


At the time of my post I had not. Now I have, and I stand corrected.
Buy my RiD toys! They're awesome, I promise!!!!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/180910929578?ss ... 1555.l2649
User avatar
Nightracer GT
Faction Commander
Posts: 4156
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2002 6:48 am
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Postby kjeevah » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:32 pm

any comments on the silver and blue?
kjeevah
Minibot
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:08 pm

Postby Shadowman » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:35 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
kjeevah wrote:any comments on the silver and blue?


I like the new head put on, but I'm not a big fan of the blue.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28848
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Postby Ninja Sixshot » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:41 pm

not much of an improvement
Image
Ninja Sixshot
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8005
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 9:32 pm
Location: in the zoo, running it

Postby Phategod1 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:35 pm

Alex Kingdom wrote:Stil ugly, still not Megatron.

Yours AK


What he said. the one who does a hell of a job in recreating this ILM trash and making it look good is Timmshinn his designs are F'n Awesome.
My gamer tag is PHATEGODPRIME Im too lazy to put the little fancy one here.
Phategod1
Godmaster
Posts: 1599
News Credits: 2
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:01 am

Postby ghostofstarscream » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:09 pm

I really like the bot... but not as Megatron. I guess I'm fussy like that. Interesting colours too. It makes him looks like he's made out of some space-aged future metal.
Image
ghostofstarscream
Combiner
Posts: 454
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:34 pm

Postby Immortal Starscream » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:16 pm

ghostofstarscream wrote:I really like the bot... but not as Megatron. I guess I'm fussy like that. Interesting colours too. It makes him looks like he's made out of some space-aged future metal.


QFT

i love the movie megs design, its one awsome monstercon, realy freaking scary looking, and i cant wait to see it on the big screen, but its in no way megatron. not now not ever. i love it, but it should not be megatron.
Image
Immortal Starscream
Headmaster
Posts: 1101
News Credits: 14
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:28 pm

Postby kjeevah » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:27 pm

i disagree, timshinn has done some nice work, but this megatron , for me at least anyway, pisses all over all previous megatrons, including g1, from a great height, and for all the non-g1-haters out there, i think its pretty conclusive that this is the most g1-like megatron there has been since g1.

this image might help... i mean come on, just look at skorponok-wannabe on the right, or bat-ears at the top-right, or even worse -transforms-into-a-giant-head at the top-middle

Image
kjeevah
Minibot
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:08 pm

Postby magus » Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:58 pm

:-? I like this new head. The "battle mask" or whatever they're calling them is kinda samurai looking. Now if they only changed the horrid body design to match the more samurai look it might look alot better.
magus
Godmaster
Posts: 1708
News Credits: 9
Joined: Tue May 24, 2005 11:47 pm

Postby partholon » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:36 pm

alot better. in fact if i squint just right it has a distinct megatron vibe. if anything this has made me realise i can forgive what ever they do to the body as long as the head is recognizable, like prime. optimus has a totally different body but same head we all know and love and thats what megs needs. doesnt have to be exact but you should know who he is without too much effort (that said i still want that fusion cannon :grin: )
partholon
Brainmaster
Posts: 1406
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2002 2:19 pm

Postby Nico » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:55 pm

Hmmm...i was strting to like the other one...
User avatar
Nico
Brainmaster
Posts: 1324
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:46 am

Postby proximus » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:36 am

Motto: "The more you know, the less you don't know."
hmmm, definately a step in the right direction.

I can get used to the look, I just wish he had more colour aps thats all. I think the thing that bothers me most are the lack of an arm cannon and just the overall bland appearance.
Image

The more you know, the less you don't know
proximus
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 975
News Credits: 3
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2003 6:55 pm
Location: Vancouver B.C

Postby Fang Wolf » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:12 am

Bluebullet wrote:
Alex Kingdom wrote:Stil ugly, still not Megatron.

Yours AK

^What he said. :?

^ What those guys said.
Fang Wolf
Pretender
Posts: 786
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:34 am

Postby Head Shot » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:22 am

kjeevah wrote:i disagree, timshinn has done some nice work, but this megatron , for me at least anyway, pisses all over all previous megatrons, including g1, from a great height, and for all the non-g1-haters out there, i think its pretty conclusive that this is the most g1-like megatron there has been since g1.

this image might help... i mean come on, just look at skorponok-wannabe on the right, or bat-ears at the top-right, or even worse -transforms-into-a-giant-head at the top-middle

Image
uhm... you're only pointing out the shitty megatrons we've had since g1, armada sucked, rid for a large portion sucked (with the exception of scourge, and maybe ultra magnus) and don't even get me started on the rediculousness of beast machines. And before you bash me for being a g1 purist, I'll tell you right here I'm not. Beast wars was my favorite show, followed by the originals, and then I really couldn't care less after that (beast machines could have been so much better, but they made stuff way too weird and absolutely rediculous).

And plus you're wrong about movie megs being the closest to g1 since g1. Classics megatron anyone? even g2 megs is closer to g1 megs than movie megs. (Not that you opinions aren't valid, I just don't share the same opinion. However, neither of us are right or wrong. So its all good :grin: )

Okay back to the topic at hand.

This is definetly an improvement to the design, and getting to the point where I can live with this crazy design. Only a few touchups and modifications and I'll have no problems with it.

He still is pretty ugly though... but he's starting to be better than starscream (god i wish they'd use a different mold for starscream, because his current mold absolutely screams a vehicular update for waspinator).

*EDITED* (Thanks kjeevah for correcting my mistake. :grin: God do I hate doing stupid grammar things like that :oops: )
Last edited by Head Shot on Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Head Shot
Godmaster
Posts: 1895
News Credits: 2
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2003 7:03 pm

Postby hot rod 907 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:53 pm

My god those do look good!
hot rod 907
Micromaster
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:12 pm

Postby kjeevah » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:12 pm

Head Shot wrote:Beast wars was my favorite show, followed by the originals, and then I really could care less after that (beast machines could have been so much better, but they made stuff way too weird and absolutely rediculous)


sorry to do this but i have to correct you, the expression is 'i couldn't care less', meaning that it is not possible to care any less than you currently do, ie. you dont care.

saying that you could care less is saying that you do care about it..

i blame some idiot american in the past slurring his couldnt into a could and it being spread around from then on.. but either way, you should say 'couldnt', 'could' makes no sense at all, and in fact means the opposite of what you are trying to say
kjeevah
Minibot
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:08 pm

Postby Leonardo » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:25 pm

kjeevah wrote:sorry to do this but i have to correct you, the expression is 'i couldn't care less', meaning that it is not possible to care any less than you currently do, ie. you dont care.

saying that you could care less is saying that you do care about it..

i blame some idiot american in the past slurring his couldnt into a could and it being spread around from then on.. but either way, you should say 'couldnt', 'could' makes no sense at all, and in fact means the opposite of what you are trying to say


Pedantry! I doff my hat to you, Sir.

I'm not being funny, I wholeheartedly agree with you. "Could care less" doesn't make sense in this context. I might add that this comes up quite frequently, and in fact appeared on this board not a week ago. "[...] idiot american [...]" might have been a bit harsh, though.

Anyway, this is off-topic. This Megatron does look somewhat better.
Leonardo
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7012
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:08 am

Postby NightFall » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:03 pm

Of course I don't like movie Megatron, but I like your pic, fits where the movie is going. You know what brothers me even more about the movie design? His head. It's not soild enough, you can almost see a small being inside. I hate those bitty ugly pointy teeth, and no matter how hard you try to change the design, it's still not Megatron. Maybe in the film, the character, and whoever will voice him, will save Megatron. Then finally maybe we can say that's Megatron alright, somewhere in that mess. Wrong body, wrong head, but it's Megatron?

Good job on the pic thoug, His eyes bring him more together.
Image
NightFall
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 586
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:13 pm

Postby Kronos » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:04 pm

Damn, I still want a huge arm cannon.

*edit

You know, when I was a kid, the way I related to Megatron was by getting any type of tubing, and taping it to my arm. I think kids would do the same thing if given the chance. I see a huge marketability in something that could attach to a kids arm as a weapon. It can be as techy as you like, and still be a gun in a kids eyes. And, since it doesn't simulate a real firearm, no orange tip. Put a damn flashlight bulb in it and have it fire from a handheld trigger. Have it make noises.

At this point, I'm ok with the head. Just give him the damn arm cannon already!
Kronos
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 544
News Credits: 3
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:00 pm

Postby Head Shot » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:10 pm

kjeevah wrote:
Head Shot wrote:Beast wars was my favorite show, followed by the originals, and then I really could care less after that (beast machines could have been so much better, but they made stuff way too weird and absolutely rediculous)


sorry to do this but i have to correct you, the expression is 'i couldn't care less', meaning that it is not possible to care any less than you currently do, ie. you dont care.

saying that you could care less is saying that you do care about it..

i blame some idiot american in the past slurring his couldnt into a could and it being spread around from then on.. but either way, you should say 'couldnt', 'could' makes no sense at all, and in fact means the opposite of what you are trying to say
wow, I'm nit picky about those kinds of things too, and I myself did something so dumb (Man do I feel hypocritical right now):oops: I'm sorry for the bit of confusion there, and I do thank you for the correction. :D
Head Shot
Godmaster
Posts: 1895
News Credits: 2
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2003 7:03 pm

Postby Riotflea » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:37 am

SuperSaiyajinSasuke wrote:
Bluebullet wrote:
Alex Kingdom wrote:
Phategod1 wrote:
Stil ugly, still not Megatron.

Yours AK

^What he said. :?

What he said.

^ What those guys said.

What those fine individuals said.

Kronos
Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:04 pm Post subject:
Damn, I still want a huge arm cannon.

You know, when I was a kid, the way I related to Megatron was by getting any type of tubing, and taping it to my arm. I think kids would do the same thing if given the chance. I see a huge marketability in something that could attach to a kids arm as a weapon.

Just give him the damn arm cannon already!

Lol... I was in SEVENTH grade and had painted a paper towel roll black, followed by taping it to my arm. X D
Image
Riotflea
Pretender
Posts: 764
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:32 am

Postby proximus » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:25 am

Motto: "The more you know, the less you don't know."
hehe, yeah I remember in grade 8 I somehow mounted an industrial size roll on my arm, put bottle rockets in it..lit it. THen I aimed it waaaay down the block at my friend who was fixing his bike.

He laughed cause he saw us from so far away, like it would ever hit him..."har har"


it did.
Image

The more you know, the less you don't know
proximus
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 975
News Credits: 3
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2003 6:55 pm
Location: Vancouver B.C

Postby Stormrider » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:02 am

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
The first head at the top, is starting to grow on me; however, I am still bothered by one thought - why doesn't the head have a solid helmet? Why didn't the designers just make a normal helmet? It would have looked less strange and played better homage to Megatron.

edited for grammar error and clarification.
Last edited by Stormrider on Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stormrider
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8606
News Credits: 37
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:24 am
Location: USA

Postby Basketball Jones » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:58 pm

He'd be an incredible player model for the upcoming Unreal Tournament 3, but still doesn't seem to make much of a leader for a robot army.

It's acceptable, at any rate.
Basketball Jones
Combiner
Posts: 417
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:01 pm

Next

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum