Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Michael Bay at Transformers The Ride. 4th Movie?

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Transformers 3 is scheduled to be released on July 1st, 2011. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Michael Bay at Transformers The Ride. 4th Movie?

Postby GetRightRobot » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:09 pm

Motto: "Surf in the Summer, Collect in the Winter."
Weapon: Neptune Sword
Michael Bay answers questions at the Premiere of the new Tranformers The Ride. When asked about a potential 4th and 5th movie he responds:

"...We are talkin’ about it. But there is no, nothing right now. I’m gonna do a tiny movie first. Then we’ll talk about it if I potentially do it. If I do 4, not saying I am, but just… er… if I were to, I would make sure it would be state-of-the-art of whatever the new greatest thing in 3D, how you do it..."

He also touches briefly on a "small" movie he is doing first and then he will know more about a 4th movie with Steven Spielberg. The small movie might just be Bad Boys 3, who knows?


Check out the video interview and see his explosive entrance and impressive Bumblebee and Optimus Prime escorts.
User avatar
GetRightRobot
Godmaster
Posts: 1702
News Credits: 16
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:54 pm
Location: MB SC!!!
Watch GetRightRobot on YouTube
Buy from GetRightRobot on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: Michael Bay at Transformers The Ride. 4th Movie?

Postby Cliffjumper Prime » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:30 pm

Weapon: Big Cannon
"I would make sure it would be state-of-the-art of whatever the new greatest thing in 3D, how you do it..."

sure hope this was a joke... knowing Bay, it wasn't. How about "I would make sure it has a solid script" or "I would make sure it's got a good balance of story and action" or "I would make sure I focus on the Transformers as much or more than the humans"

Transformers 3 was great, but not without the usual Bay missteps. I would rather they get someone else, though they'd probably hire someone who only has a couple movies under their belt, and nothing this big, and it'll be terrible. Really, unless they pull stuff from the '86 movie and the 3rd season of G1 (i.e. Unicron, Quintessons, other planets, etc.) I don't know where they could take the series anyway, especially with Shia gone. The core cast would be gone, probably replaced with wooden soldier types and wackier civilian types, and an obligitory, unnecessary spot for John Tuturro.

I'd still see Transformers 4, but don't have high hopes for it. Please prove me wrong Paramount/Dreamworks/Hasbro :BOT:
Image
Cliffjumper Prime
Minibot
Posts: 153
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:23 pm
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Rank: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Michael Bay at Transformers The Ride. 4th Movie?

Postby dinogeist » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:00 pm

here's hoping this never happens.

I want a reboot with a non-micheal bay director. no shia

I don't want to see shia return in anymore TF live action movies. I want a new director who cares about story/plots, decently spoken dialogue words & zero potty humor.
User avatar
dinogeist
Godmaster
Posts: 1621
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:55 pm

Re: Michael Bay at Transformers The Ride. 4th Movie?

Postby GetRightRobot » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:20 pm

Motto: "Surf in the Summer, Collect in the Winter."
Weapon: Neptune Sword
Tidalwavex wrote:here's hoping this never happens.

I want a reboot with a non-micheal bay director. no shia

I don't want to see shia return in anymore TF live action movies. I want a new director who cares about story/plots, decently spoken dialogue words & zero potty humor.


Hope you've got a genie in a bottle. :lol:
User avatar
GetRightRobot
Godmaster
Posts: 1702
News Credits: 16
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:54 pm
Location: MB SC!!!
Watch GetRightRobot on YouTube
Buy from GetRightRobot on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: Michael Bay at Transformers The Ride. 4th Movie?

Postby griftimus prime » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:14 pm

Motto: "you will have no freedom. whether you are sentient or not."
Weapon: 16 Cannons
nothing new here
User avatar
griftimus prime
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 914
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:09 am
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Re: Michael Bay at Transformers The Ride. 4th Movie?

Postby LadyBug » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:51 pm

The small movie may be the rumored/confirmed TMNT 4. He's been confirmed for that project for a while. It should be out sometime in '12 or '13 from what I know.
User avatar
LadyBug
Vehicon
Posts: 307
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Michael Bay at Transformers The Ride. 4th Movie?

Postby SavageCam » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:02 am

Motto: "Let justice be done, though all the world perish."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Idiot, you need Transformer character development and some semblance of a coherent narrative, not more visual wizardry. Transformers has a deep enough universe to create a movie on par with Star Wars or Lord of the Rings. Not saying it NEEDS to be that type of movie, but if you put Bayformers at the low end of a story telling spectrum, and Star Wars/LOTR at the high end, Transformers should be at worst in the middle. I'd prefer it to be as close to the top of that spectrum as possible.

Simple analogy I like to use: Saving Private Ryan was great. It showed just how hard it is for people to deal with the horrors of a war they've been fighting for months or years against foreigners easily identified as evil. Most of the Transformers have been fighting a CIVIL WAR, against their former neighbors and co-workers, for centuries or millenia. That HAS to take a serious toll on the psyche. BAM! Character depth, development, arc right there.

But pretty explosions are a fine substitute........ :BOOM:
PSN: SavageCam
XBOX Live: Savagecam85
SavageCam
Micromaster
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2003 10:09 pm
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Michael Bay at Transformers The Ride. 4th Movie?

Postby cotss2012 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:10 am

LadyBug wrote:The small movie may be the rumored/confirmed TMNT 4. He's been confirmed for that project for a while. It should be out sometime in '12 or '13 from what I know.


More like 2007.
I do not blame Michael Bay for crapping all over a huge part of my childhood. He just directed the scripts that were given to him. I blame Orci, Kurtzman, and Krueger, who seem completely incapable of concocting a story that even halfway makes sense.

RiddlerJ wrote:Each one will come with an autographed picture of Michael Bay sitting on top of a huge pile of money.
cotss2012
Vehicon
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: Michael Bay at Transformers The Ride. 4th Movie?

Postby noctorro » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:16 am

Hmmm, this is a tough one.

Bay does do the shots great, the actions cool and fast. But I have to agree the toilet/sex humor and lack of character development is annoying.

And what of the characters? If Bay stays I think Optimus Prime will have the same look, also Bumblebee.

If Bay tunes the "wrongs" down to zero and tries something different/fresh then I'm okay with it. Please bring back a combiner and respect it.
There is no way in hell that 2 minibots can defeat a combiner, it's impossible!
User avatar
noctorro
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 500
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:45 am

Re: Michael Bay at Transformers The Ride. 4th Movie?

Postby RhA » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:22 am

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
noctorro wrote:Hmmm, this is a tough one.

Bay does do the shots great, the actions cool and fast. But I have to agree the toilet/sex humor and lack of character development is annoying.

And what of the characters? If Bay stays I think Optimus Prime will have the same look, also Bumblebee.

If Bay tunes the "wrongs" down to zero and tries something different/fresh then I'm okay with it. Please bring back a combiner and respect it.
There is no way in hell that 2 minibots can defeat a combiner, it's impossible!


Sorta off-topic, but Skids and Mudflap didn't defeat Devastator. A canon did.
Image
Latest TF: AOE Voyager Grimlock, AOE Leader Optimus Prime & AOE Crosshairs
User avatar
RhA
City Commander
Posts: 3918
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:37 am
Location: The Underwhere
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: 10
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 1

Re: Michael Bay at Transformers The Ride. 4th Movie?

Postby Vicalliose » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:52 am

Motto: "Focus on one thing at a time? Are you crazy!? WHO DO YOU THINK I AM!!!"
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Sonic Boomer Gun
"if I were to, I would make sure it would be state-of-the-art of whatever the new greatest thing in 3D, how you do it..."

Ah so passive. Shows how little he really gives hoot about what he's working on.

Look Micheal Bay is not a good director. His films have never been that great nor were they ever as huge of a cash cow as the Transformers films. He made his money and fame from an already existing household name. If Bay is a good director, then so is Paul W.S. Anderson.

I can understand if people want to see another Transformers movie, but why beg Bay to do it again? My vote is still Neill Blomkamp, dude KNOWS his sci-fi.
Image
"Government, even in it's best state, is but a necessary evil; in it's worst state, an intolerable one." -Thomas Paine
User avatar
Vicalliose
Targetmaster
Posts: 689
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:20 pm
Location: You already know that.
Watch Vicalliose on YouTube
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 3
Rank: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 1

Re: Michael Bay at Transformers The Ride. 4th Movie?

Postby noctorro » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:11 am

RhA wrote:
noctorro wrote:If Bay tunes the "wrongs" down to zero and tries something different/fresh then I'm okay with it. Please bring back a combiner and respect it.
There is no way in hell that 2 minibots can defeat a combiner, it's impossible!


Sorta off-topic, but Skids and Mudflap didn't defeat Devastator. A canon did.


Don't get me started, I still have nightmares.
User avatar
noctorro
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 500
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:45 am

Re: Michael Bay at Transformers The Ride. 4th Movie?

Postby Rushie » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:50 am

Motto: "Eh, keep your little planet. I'll outlive it."
Weapon: Fusion-Powered Particle Blaster
Neil Blomkamp was the guy who made the awesome District 9, right? I'd like to see what he would do with TF4. At the very least, he'd make quality CGI at a tenth of the cost Bay did.
Rushie
Pretender
Posts: 719
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Rotterdam
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 4
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: Michael Bay at Transformers The Ride. 4th Movie?

Postby LadyBug » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:28 am

cotss2012 wrote:
LadyBug wrote:The small movie may be the rumored/confirmed TMNT 4. He's been confirmed for that project for a while. It should be out sometime in '12 or '13 from what I know.


More like 2007.


First off, that was TMNT 2007. Not TMNT 4, or a live-action movie. Trust me, don't question my knowledge of TMNT stuff, dude. >>; IMDB actually has this movie scheduled to be released now in 2014; so who knows what Bay is doing between now and then.
User avatar
LadyBug
Vehicon
Posts: 307
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Michael Bay at Transformers The Ride. 4th Movie?

Postby SlyTF1 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:00 pm

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Vicalliose wrote:"if I were to, I would make sure it would be state-of-the-art of whatever the new greatest thing in 3D, how you do it..."

Ah so passive. Shows how little he really gives hoot about what he's working on.

Look Micheal Bay is not a good director. His films have never been that great nor were they ever as huge of a cash cow as the Transformers films. He made his money and fame from an already existing household name. If Bay is a good director, then so is Paul W.S. Anderson.

I can understand if people want to see another Transformers movie, but why beg Bay to do it again? My vote is still Neill Blomkamp, dude KNOWS his sci-fi.


Because that's your damn opinion. I want Bay to do it again because I don't want to be bored with a stupid ass extensive story I don't care about, or fleshed out characters I couldn't give 2 craps about. I just want robots to kill each other. If they can find a way to make a TF character who is a psychopath who kills and kills because he/she thinks everything deserves to die, then I MAY consider giving a damn about the character, but until then all I want is explosions. And this is MY opinion, not fact, damnit.
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
City Commander
Posts: 3919
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Michael Bay at Transformers The Ride. 4th Movie?

Postby cotss2012 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:30 pm

LadyBug wrote:First off, that was TMNT 2007. Not TMNT 4


They're the same, dude.

LadyBug wrote:or a live-action movie


Who said anything about live-action?
I do not blame Michael Bay for crapping all over a huge part of my childhood. He just directed the scripts that were given to him. I blame Orci, Kurtzman, and Krueger, who seem completely incapable of concocting a story that even halfway makes sense.

RiddlerJ wrote:Each one will come with an autographed picture of Michael Bay sitting on top of a huge pile of money.
cotss2012
Vehicon
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: Michael Bay at Transformers The Ride. 4th Movie?

Postby Evil_the_Nub » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:44 pm

Motto: "Feel free to die when you've had enough."
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Rushie wrote:Neil Blomkamp was the guy who made the awesome District 9, right? I'd like to see what he would do with TF4. At the very least, he'd make quality CGI at a tenth of the cost Bay did.

No no no no no! I hated District 9, keep that guy away from Transformers.
Image
NewFoundStarscreamLuv wrote:me and my friends combine all the time. Sometimes I even combine by myself if no one is around.
User avatar
Evil_the_Nub
Gestalt
Posts: 2388
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:47 am
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: 9
Firepower: 3
Skill: 9

Re: Michael Bay at Transformers The Ride. 4th Movie?

Postby Vicalliose » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:16 pm

Motto: "Focus on one thing at a time? Are you crazy!? WHO DO YOU THINK I AM!!!"
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Sonic Boomer Gun
SlyTF1 wrote:Because that's your damn opinion. I want Bay to do it again because I don't want to be bored with a stupid ass extensive story I don't care about, or fleshed out characters I couldn't give 2 craps about.
By that statement am I to assume you were not a fan of Transformers before Mr. Bay showed up?
SlyTF1 wrote:I just want robots to kill each other. If they can find a way to make a TF character who is a psychopath who kills and kills because he/she thinks everything deserves to die, then I MAY consider giving a damn about the character, but until then all I want is explosions. And this is MY opinion, not fact, damnit.
Doesn't make him a good director. Others can do the same with a better story. What's more you're basically saying that all the dumb filler and terrible humor in his movies do not matter to you either. It would be just as easy to ignore a well constructed plot. And ultimately you'd still get to see robots beating each other up so why would you even care?
Evil_the_Nub wrote:No no no no no! I hated District 9, keep that guy away from Transformers.
Again. You'd still get to see robots fighting each other. Apart from that Bay's directing doesn't amount to much. And Neill Blomkamp is a gaming/sci-fi nerd and only did shorts prior to District 9. Sure it has it's flaws, but for the first big movie he's ever directed and written it is amazing credentials for a film maker.

Hugh... whatever. Part of me thinks a live action movie of Transformers should have ever been made. Deep down I know I've always believed it was terrible idea. But I believe that when anyone tries to make a cartoon show into a movie, it will never be done justice. It simply isn't possible. The fleshed out characters, the depth of the story, the physics and even the ridiculousness of cartoons like Transformers. It doesn't fit the big screen.

I- I just don't care anymore. I'd only hate another movie being made because bleeds into everything else. It lowers the standards for other parts of the franchise. TFPrime is OK, it's not as great or interesting as TFA though. The comics have gotten so sporadic in art style and CHAOS is as difficult to read as it is to watch Bay's films at times.

But hey, it's more money for Hasbro right? A company that produces everything in China and bleeds the American economy dr-... Oh, I just had another hypocritical moment there.

TL;DR
I HAVE OPINIONS AND I'M A **** ABOUT IT!!!
Image
"Government, even in it's best state, is but a necessary evil; in it's worst state, an intolerable one." -Thomas Paine
User avatar
Vicalliose
Targetmaster
Posts: 689
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:20 pm
Location: You already know that.
Watch Vicalliose on YouTube
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 3
Rank: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 1

Re: Michael Bay at Transformers The Ride. 4th Movie?

Postby OptiMagnus » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:28 pm

Motto: ""Close your mouth and open your mind.""
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Here we go again...

let the flame wars commence. :roll:
Please note: If you think I may be joking, I probably am.
User avatar
OptiMagnus
Gestalt
Posts: 2289
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: Ohio, USA
Watch OptiMagnus on YouTube
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 4
Rank: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 6

Re: Michael Bay at Transformers The Ride. 4th Movie?

Postby SlyTF1 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:44 pm

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Vicalliose wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:Because that's your damn opinion. I want Bay to do it again because I don't want to be bored with a stupid ass extensive story I don't care about, or fleshed out characters I couldn't give 2 craps about.
By that statement am I to assume you were not a fan of Transformers before Mr. Bay showed up?
SlyTF1 wrote:I just want robots to kill each other. If they can find a way to make a TF character who is a psychopath who kills and kills because he/she thinks everything deserves to die, then I MAY consider giving a damn about the character, but until then all I want is explosions. And this is MY opinion, not fact, damnit.
Doesn't make him a good director. Others can do the same with a better story. What's more you're basically saying that all the dumb filler and terrible humor in his movies do not matter to you either. It would be just as easy to ignore a well constructed plot. And ultimately you'd still get to see robots beating each other up so why would you even care?


But I'd be bored. Just like the first movie, where the robots don't show up until the last 10 minutes of the movie. And we have previous TF series that tell decent stories. But with big budget movies like this, all I want to see the most badass looking CG blow something up. You can get a "well constructed plot" some place else.
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
City Commander
Posts: 3919
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Michael Bay at Transformers The Ride. 4th Movie?

Postby Vicalliose » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:10 pm

Motto: "Focus on one thing at a time? Are you crazy!? WHO DO YOU THINK I AM!!!"
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Sonic Boomer Gun
SlyTF1 wrote:But I'd be bored. Just like the first movie, where the robots don't show up until the last 10 minutes of the movie.

Then we have at least one thing in common. I'd rather the whole movie be about the Transformers and the humans be taken almost completely out of the equation. Frankly though, that could ultimately mean the whole thing turning into a CGI animated film. But personally I'd rather it be that way, as I previously stated.
Image
"Government, even in it's best state, is but a necessary evil; in it's worst state, an intolerable one." -Thomas Paine
User avatar
Vicalliose
Targetmaster
Posts: 689
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:20 pm
Location: You already know that.
Watch Vicalliose on YouTube
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 3
Rank: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 1

Re: Michael Bay at Transformers The Ride. 4th Movie?

Postby LadyBug » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:30 pm

Vicalliose wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:But I'd be bored. Just like the first movie, where the robots don't show up until the last 10 minutes of the movie.

Then we have at least one thing in common. I'd rather the whole movie be about the Transformers and the humans be taken almost completely out of the equation. Frankly though, that could ultimately mean the whole thing turning into a CGI animated film. But personally I'd rather it be that way, as I previously stated.


There is talks of a Transformers: Prime movie after the first three seasons.
User avatar
LadyBug
Vehicon
Posts: 307
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Michael Bay at Transformers The Ride. 4th Movie?

Postby cotss2012 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:02 am

Vicalliose wrote:TFPrime is OK, it's not as great or interesting as TFA though.


You take that back. Right now.

Prime > Beast Machines > G1 > Animated > Beast Wars > Armadaverse > Bayformers > watching monkeys throw shit at each other > The View > RID

LadyBug wrote:There is talks of a Transformers: Prime movie after the first three seasons.


OMG, I need to change my pants!
I do not blame Michael Bay for crapping all over a huge part of my childhood. He just directed the scripts that were given to him. I blame Orci, Kurtzman, and Krueger, who seem completely incapable of concocting a story that even halfway makes sense.

RiddlerJ wrote:Each one will come with an autographed picture of Michael Bay sitting on top of a huge pile of money.
cotss2012
Vehicon
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:58 pm


Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014