Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Michael Bay close to signing deal for Transformers 4!

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Transformers 3 is scheduled to be released on July 1st, 2011. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Michael Bay close to signing deal for Transformers 4!

Postby backpack » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:35 am

ALL HAIL BAYATRON!
atom celled...jet propelled
User avatar
backpack
Micromaster
Posts: 69
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:59 pm

Re: Michael Bay close to signing deal for Transformers 4!

Postby xtsaur » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:10 am

HELL YEAH!!!! AWESOME NEWS!!!! Hope to Primus this is true!!!! Bring back DEVASTATOR!!!! Balls and all!!
xtsaur
Micromaster
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:45 am

Re: Michael Bay close to signing deal for Transformers 4!

Postby Stockade » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:14 am

Motto: ""Underwater, no one can hear Autobots scream!""
Weapon: Sunami Blaster
I don't about anyone else, but Michael Bay and hasbro should stop at 3! 3 Terrible movies are enough for me and plus i would like to see Hasbro do something on their own, besides riding on Bay's coat tails for movie figures or repaints!!!
Image

Seacons: Hunt to live, Live to Hunt!
User avatar
Stockade
Gestalt
Posts: 2132
News Credits: 2
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:40 am
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Re: Michael Bay close to signing deal for Transformers 4!

Postby cotss2012 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:18 am

I was hoping that this was a joke. Now I just want to kill myself.

GET CHRIS NOLAN TO DO IT.
I do not blame Michael Bay for crapping all over a huge part of my childhood. He just directed the scripts that were given to him. I blame Orci, Kurtzman, and Krueger, who seem completely incapable of concocting a story that even halfway makes sense.

RiddlerJ wrote:Each one will come with an autographed picture of Michael Bay sitting on top of a huge pile of money.
cotss2012
Vehicon
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: Michael Bay close to signing deal for Transformers 4!

Postby RiddlerJ » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:29 am

He's got the M, I, C, and H done but for the A, E, and L, he wants to switch to a different crayon.
User avatar
RiddlerJ
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 863
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:29 pm

Re: Michael Bay close to signing deal for Transformers 4!

Postby Autobot032 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:35 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Just Negare wrote:Son of a dog's breakfast...


O_o That's... mew. *jots that down for future use, all credits to go to Negare.* Awesome. :D

noctorro wrote:Autobot032 I totally agree.

The angry fans know what they are getting. So if you are so emotionally crushed by seeing a TF movie by Bay don't.
But they will, and they'll complain about it on forums and such.

I love DOTM, it's a great movie (in my opinion). I do hope they give the it more development time so they can make another good story, or even better (for Transformers standards). I also hope that they will completely restyle all of the Transformers. And please bring back a combiner and have it act like one.


I love the movieverse, as a whole, but I'll also be one of the first people to come along and say "Flaws out the wazoo!", because it's true and I can see it. I admit that ROTF needed a lot of work, but I still found it more enjoyable than the first. It wasn't boring. That doesn't mean it was Oscar material, lol, but it was entertaining enough.

Galvatron X wrote:I'm no Bay-hater, but I guess I was looking forward to a different direction/take on the movie franchise. So this is a little disappointing, but ehhh, what're ya gonna do?


For a while there, I too thought there would be a different director, if nothing else. But, for the people who desire a new director, this has to be a wake up call. Hasbro, Paramount, the producers and ILM need the next film to be a reality for one, two, it needs to be done while this is hot, hot, hot. If Bay's willing to return, they're going to milk it for all it's worth. Whether that's good or bad has yet to be seen. You and the others who want a new director, may just get what they wished for.

I mean, there's striking while the iron's hot, and then there's just milking it dry. We're now in the area where they're walking that very fine line and it can be crossed either way.

Galvatron X wrote:Man, you never fail in delivering the most arrogant, condescending replies/posts in all of Seibertron, do you?

I haven't been on all that much recently, so it's nice to come back and see you haven't lost your touch. Keep up the good work.


Whoa. Now wait a minute. There was nothing arrogant about my post. Condescending? Sure. Out of anger. Let's go over my responses, shall we?

Autobot032 wrote:Why waste your time?


That's a legitimate question, actually. If it causes someone pain, why do they waste their time? There's nothing arrogant or condescending about this one. This is an actual question. Why repeat something that brings displeasure? I'm not trying to be a jerk, here. I actually do want to know why someone would continually inflict self torture? If I don't like something, I've given it a fair chance and move on. *shrugs*


Autobot032 wrote:Hasn't your team of hate crusaders complained enough already? Just don't.


This one was condescending, not arrogant. Because they will get condescending and then they'll start to personally attack. (This post of mine was not a personal attack, just throwing back what he's dishing out.) You know as well as I do, this thread isn't going to have a long life, or if it does, it's going to be sterilized shortly. The news folks shouldn't have to do that. And they do... Every. Single. Time. They can't just post the news and that's that. There will always be someone waiting in the wings to tear into the movie franchise. How hard is it to just let them do their jobs without a bunch of "OH NOES!!!1!!!! HERE WE GO AGAIN! THIS ALL SUCKS! YOU SUCK! STOP MAKING IT SUCK!"? Not to mention, I think we're all just a little bit tired of hearing BOTH sides go on about the films. They are what they are, we know what they are, it's all been said a million times.

Autobot032 wrote:Don't care. Outta my way. Thanks for the good seat.


This one was neither arrogant, nor condescending. This was just an honest response. I'll gladly take his spot in the theater. His or anyone else's. If they don't like it, they shouldn't attend. If they don't attend, then they have no right to critique a film they haven't seen. Either beforehand or while it's out there. Either see it and speak up, or don't see it and say nothing. You can't have it both ways.

Autobot032 wrote:Well, you know where the door is.


His post was "I don't want to live on this planet anymore." Yeah, I realize it's for comedic effect to some degree, yes, I realize it's from Futurama, but it's been used by others on Memebase for things of more substance, depth and impact. Problem is, there's always a bit of truth in jest. People wanting to leave this planet over something stupid they read? (Memebase, btw.) Just ridiculous. Using the phrase, with truth in jest in mind, for this? Utter, over the top, Bayhem-a-fied ridiculousness. Movies, period, shouldn't be able to have that effect on you. TransFormers movies, even more so. Just. Don't. Watch. Them. I don't understand why this concept is so hard for people to grasp.

Autobot032 wrote:EXACTLY. They'll go see it, too. They'll hate and whine and complain, but they'll sit there

As for the cyborg thing, they are. CYBernetic ORGanism. Cyborg.


I don't know if you intended to include this in your quoting of me, but this one needs to be cleared up.

1.) I was agreeing.
2.) I was reminding him that Optimus himself said they were cybernetic organisms. A cyborg. Apparently you no longer need flesh, or the biological in any form, to be a cyborg, according to the TF verse. To be honest, I don't know what the ground rules for cyborgs are. I know of The Borg, The Terminator, RoboCop, stuff like that. So I'm a little surprised to hear that TFs are cyborgs, but the words don't lie. They are cybernetic organisms. Kind of a mind blown kinda thing at first, but it's a theory that seems to hold water.

So, other than I think two parts, being condescending, the rest of my post was legitimate. Blunt, sure, probably a little too blunt, but legit.

And I stand by it. They're entitled to their opinion, so am I. They hate the films, I love them. Bottom line is, apparently it's happening whether or not people want it to. You can either move onto other aspects of TF and not let it bother or affect you and go find your happiness, or you can sit here in misery and constantly complain about a movie you may not go see. Why? What is the point of that? That's not productive, it's not socially redeemable action, it's just flame war fodder. What's the point???

NOTE: this last part, the word you does not pertain to you personally, Galvatron X. That's for people in general. Wanted to clear that up so no confusion was had, or trouble brewed.
Last edited by Autobot032 on Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
News Staff
Posts: 8955
News Credits: 40
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:51 am
Location: I don't know!
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Re: Michael Bay close to signing deal for Transformers 4!

Postby Hip-Hoptimus Rime » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:37 am

Motto: "Nobody has to look for trouble."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
First-Aid wrote:If he signs for TF 4, we won't see just one more movie. Don Murphy has said he wants to see another trilogy and I concur with that.

As for fans not wanting to see it, cool...don't. I doubt a significant percentage of the $3-plus billion the 3 movies raked in was from fans as opposed to movie-goers just looking for an action-adventurey good time. I mean seriously, these movies had everything you'd want in a giant, fun movie: amazing effects, giant robots, hot chicks, explosions, some funny/dumb and funny/funny moments, the end of the world, explosions, cool cars...seriously it's like Fast and FUrious+Death Race+Robotech+Dumb and Dumber all rolled into one. If you truly hate that much, then you take this hobby and those movies way too seriously. Just sayin...and seriously, was the '86 cartoon movie really any better? We saw the transformation of Grimlock from a powerful warrior to comic relief, a dance scene on a planet of junk to a Weird Al song, cheesy hair metal rock soundtrack, the death of an iconic character that was so poorly received that they had to revive him, and a little kid who ended up saving the day, not to mention enormous plot holes. Seems to me, nothing has changed.

AS long as we never see John Turturro's pale backside again, I'll see the subsequent movies and take them for what they are: fun.


Superbly well put, my good man. I am all for a 4th Bay TF movie, or more. I enjoyed all 3 to varying degrees (07, 11, 09, in that order), and would very likely enjoy any new ones similarly.

We shouldn't forget the huge amounts of money Hasbro made on these movies, and what that money brought to us in toy form.
-Gus
948 TFs and counting. (They're like rabbits, those killer rabbits from Monty Python!)
Hip-Hoptimus Rime
Gestalt
Posts: 2243
News Credits: 10
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:46 am

Re: Michael Bay close to signing deal for Transformers 4!

Postby Autobot032 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:53 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
RiddlerJ wrote:He's got the M, I, C, and H done but for the A, E, and L, he wants to switch to a different crayon.



....

LOL I have to say, that made me laugh. ;)^
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
News Staff
Posts: 8955
News Credits: 40
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:51 am
Location: I don't know!
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Re: Michael Bay close to signing deal for Transformers 4!

Postby Galvatron X » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:01 am

Motto: "Such heroic nonsense..."
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Autobot032 wrote:I mean, there's striking while the iron's hot, and then there's just milking it dry. We're now in the area where they're walking that very fine line and it can be crossed either way.


Yeah, I agree with you there. To me - a tiny bit - it seems getting Bay for part 4 is more like milking the franchise, whereas a different director would have felt more like "a new chapter". But, I don't feel too strongly in either direction right now.

In any event, I'm just happy that Pt. 4 is kinda/sorta confirmed - already!
Last edited by Galvatron X on Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Galvatron X
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 908
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:37 pm
Location: Brewer, Maine
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 4
Skill: 10

Re: Michael Bay close to signing deal for Transformers 4!

Postby JOP » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:24 am

Autobot032 wrote:As for the cyborg thing, they are. CYBernetic ORGanism. Cyborg.

There are two well-known definitions for the word 'cyborg'. One refers to a human recipient of medical bionics - clearly, this does not apply to Cybertronian life. the other refers to a 'cybernetic organism' - a self-regulated living system. Cybertronian life does fall under this definition, as you suggest - but so too do human beings and indeed, even mushrooms. Consequently, describing the Transformers franchise as a "...cyborg saga" could be considered uninformative, if not outright confusing.
Last edited by JOP on Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
JOP
Micromaster
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:50 am

Re: Michael Bay close to signing deal for Transformers 4!

Postby NatsumeRyu » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:26 am

Motto: ""'Camshaft' See, they said my name!""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Mkall wrote:And with this announcement we can guarentee Classics figures, and other supporting toys for several years to come. Awesome!

Of course there'll be many many movie figs I'll end up passing on, so I suppose I'll be saving money there too.

Awesome!

Yay! Positivity! :D
I wish more posts on fans that don't enjoy the movies directly were like this. Find something to be thankful for every now and then! :D


As for me, this means I won't feel so bad to continue making movie costumes! :D Crankcase, here I come! :DDDD
I take commissions!
2014-Officer Vi-Senketsu & Junketsu-Silver Knight-Origami Cyclone
13-Terminus Armor-Megaman-Lord Death-Tali
12-WfC Brawl-Gurren Lagann-Doc
11-Reaper Conduit-Rampage
<10-Brawl-Camshaft-Jazz-Blackout-Starscream-Bumblebee
User avatar
NatsumeRyu
Combiner
Posts: 401
News Credits: 3
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:53 pm
Buy from NatsumeRyu on eBay
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 3
Rank: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Re: Michael Bay close to signing deal for Transformers 4!

Postby First-Aid » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:27 am

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
Here's another little thing for the Bayverse toy haters. Yes there will be more movie toys. The movie toys make a sh!tload of money. That being said, it is that very thing that allows a line like Generations- a line aimed specifically at us older fans familiar with the canon and mythos behind the Transformers line- to continue to exist. That line hemorhages money. Every store I go to the movie line is flying off the shelves and the Generations line is gathering dust...and it was that way originally, too. The profit from the movie line allows much more leeway in what Hasbro can offer in the Generations line by providing significant profit. If the profit was not there, Hasbro would have discontinued the Generations line ages ago to replace it with something else that WOULD make money. The Generations line may make SOME profit, but I guarantee it is not nearly enough to sustain the line independently from other TF brands- which is the reason it has never existed on its own. Think abotu it.
Scalpel...blood bucket...priest...next patient!

Would ye care fer a wee nip of scotch whiskey?

Yes I am a Cubs fan. You may pity me now.
First-Aid
City Commander
Posts: 3782
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:54 am
Location: A lone Bears household in CHeeseheadland...
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Re: Michael Bay close to signing deal for Transformers 4!

Postby Aladar » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:53 am

Motto: "時には最小のものは、すべての最大の変更を行うことができます."
Weapon: Cyber Tail Claw
Autobot032 wrote:
Just Negare wrote:Son of a dog's breakfast...


O_o That's... mew. *jots that down for future use, all credits to go to Negare.* Awesome. :D

noctorro wrote:Autobot032 I totally agree.

The angry fans know what they are getting. So if you are so emotionally crushed by seeing a TF movie by Bay don't.
But they will, and they'll complain about it on forums and such.

I love DOTM, it's a great movie (in my opinion). I do hope they give the it more development time so they can make another good story, or even better (for Transformers standards). I also hope that they will completely restyle all of the Transformers. And please bring back a combiner and have it act like one.


I love the movieverse, as a whole, but I'll also be one of the first people to come along and say "Flaws out the wazoo!", because it's true and I can see it. I admit that ROTF needed a lot of work, but I still found it more enjoyable than the first. It wasn't boring. That doesn't mean it was Oscar material, lol, but it was entertaining enough.

Galvatron X wrote:I'm no Bay-hater, but I guess I was looking forward to a different direction/take on the movie franchise. So this is a little disappointing, but ehhh, what're ya gonna do?


For a while there, I too thought there would be a different director, if nothing else. But, for the people who desire a new director, this has to be a wake up call. Hasbro, Paramount, the producers and ILM need the next film to be a reality for one, two, it needs to be done while this is hot, hot, hot. If Bay's willing to return, they're going to milk it for all it's worth. Whether that's good or bad has yet to be seen. You and the others who want a new director, may just get what they wished for.

I mean, there's striking while the iron's hot, and then there's just milking it dry. We're now in the area where they're walking that very fine line and it can be crossed either way.

Galvatron X wrote:Man, you never fail in delivering the most arrogant, condescending replies/posts in all of Seibertron, do you?

I haven't been on all that much recently, so it's nice to come back and see you haven't lost your touch. Keep up the good work.


Whoa. Now wait a minute. There was nothing arrogant about my post. Condescending? Sure. Out of anger. Let's go over my responses, shall we?

Autobot032 wrote:Why waste your time?


That's a legitimate question, actually. If it causes someone pain, why do they waste their time? There's nothing arrogant or condescending about this one. This is an actual question. Why repeat something that brings displeasure? I'm not trying to be a jerk, here. I actually do want to know why someone would continually inflict self torture? If I don't like something, I've given it a fair chance and move on. *shrugs*


Autobot032 wrote:Hasn't your team of hate crusaders complained enough already? Just don't.


This one was condescending, not arrogant. Because they will get condescending and then they'll start to personally attack. (This post of mine was not a personal attack, just throwing back what he's dishing out.) You know as well as I do, this thread isn't going to have a long life, or if it does, it's going to be sterilized shortly. The news folks shouldn't have to do that. And they do... Every. Single. Time. They can't just post the news and that's that. There will always be someone waiting in the wings to tear into the movie franchise. How hard is it to just let them do their jobs without a bunch of "OH NOES!!!1!!!! HERE WE GO AGAIN! THIS ALL SUCKS! YOU SUCK! STOP MAKING IT SUCK!"? Not to mention, I think we're all just a little bit tired of hearing BOTH sides go on about the films. They are what they are, we know what they are, it's all been said a million times.

Autobot032 wrote:Don't care. Outta my way. Thanks for the good seat.


This one was neither arrogant, nor condescending. This was just an honest response. I'll gladly take his spot in the theater. His or anyone else's. If they don't like it, they shouldn't attend. If they don't attend, then they have no right to critique a film they haven't seen. Either beforehand or while it's out there. Either see it and speak up, or don't see it and say nothing. You can't have it both ways.

Autobot032 wrote:Well, you know where the door is.


His post was "I don't want to live on this planet anymore." Yeah, I realize it's for comedic effect to some degree, yes, I realize it's from Futurama, but it's been used by others on Memebase for things of more substance, depth and impact. Problem is, there's always a bit of truth in jest. People wanting to leave this planet over something stupid they read? (Memebase, btw.) Just ridiculous. Using the phrase, with truth in jest in mind, for this? Utter, over the top, Bayhem-a-fied ridiculousness. Movies, period, shouldn't be able to have that effect on you. TransFormers movies, even more so. Just. Don't. Watch. Them. I don't understand why this concept is so hard for people to grasp.

Autobot032 wrote:EXACTLY. They'll go see it, too. They'll hate and whine and complain, but they'll sit there

As for the cyborg thing, they are. CYBernetic ORGanism. Cyborg.


I don't know if you intended to include this in your quoting of me, but this one needs to be cleared up.

1.) I was agreeing.
2.) I was reminding him that Optimus himself said they were cybernetic organisms. A cyborg. Apparently you no longer need flesh, or the biological in any form, to be a cyborg, according to the TF verse. To be honest, I don't know what the ground rules for cyborgs are. I know of The Borg, The Terminator, RoboCop, stuff like that. So I'm a little surprised to hear that TFs are cyborgs, but the words don't lie. They are cybernetic organisms. Kind of a mind blown kinda thing at first, but it's a theory that seems to hold water.

So, other than I think two parts, being condescending, the rest of my post was legitimate. Blunt, sure, probably a little too blunt, but legit.

And I stand by it. They're entitled to their opinion, so am I. They hate the films, I love them. Bottom line is, apparently it's happening whether or not people want it to. You can either move onto other aspects of TF and not let it bother or affect you and go find your happiness, or you can sit here in misery and constantly complain about a movie you may not go see. Why? What is the point of that? That's not productive, it's not socially redeemable action, it's just flame war fodder. What's the point???

NOTE: this last part, the word you does not pertain to you personally, Galvatron X. That's for people in general. Wanted to clear that up so no confusion was had, or trouble brewed.





Technically he said "We are autonomous robotic organisms from the planet Cybertron".
Stand together!
http://aladrscustoms.webs.com/

Commission a custom today

Image
Why can't everyone just shut up and get along?
Aladar
Fuzor
Posts: 274
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:35 pm
Location: Nesting Grounds
Watch Aladar on YouTube
Buy from Aladar on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: Michael Bay close to signing deal for Transformers 4!

Postby RodimalToyota » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:58 am

How many times a can we go over this?
Micheal Bay doesn't write the stories, he just gives you the visual story and how you view it.

If you don't like the writing then don't support the writers.
Bay is basically the manager of the set, so stop blaming him for crappy stories.
If your going to complain at least show some intelligence.


I'm excited, there's nothing worse then changing major faces in sequels.
There's a million ways they can go with more movies. There are plenty of villians in the TF
Universe.

Plus I have every episode of G1 and the movie, and there's nothing special about them.
They are toys people, not your life, calm down or get a life.
Your " waiting till DVD" 3000 fans won't dent the 1.6 billion the next one will make.
Check out my Blog for cool info on Japanese on goings! (still under Constructicon control )
http://theiaconlifestyle.blogspot.com/

LOOKING FOR my Grail.

******MIB or MISB G1 Countdown******
User avatar
RodimalToyota
Pretender
Posts: 752
News Credits: 5
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:57 pm

Re: Michael Bay close to signing deal for Transformers 4!

Postby D-340 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:16 am

First-Aid wrote:Here's another little thing for the Bayverse toy haters. Yes there will be more movie toys. The movie toys make a sh!tload of money. That being said, it is that very thing that allows a line like Generations- a line aimed specifically at us older fans familiar with the canon and mythos behind the Transformers line- to continue to exist. That line hemorhages money. Every store I go to the movie line is flying off the shelves and the Generations line is gathering dust...and it was that way originally, too. The profit from the movie line allows much more leeway in what Hasbro can offer in the Generations line by providing significant profit. If the profit was not there, Hasbro would have discontinued the Generations line ages ago to replace it with something else that WOULD make money. The Generations line may make SOME profit, but I guarantee it is not nearly enough to sustain the line independently from other TF brands- which is the reason it has never existed on its own. Think abotu it.



Gotta chime in here. While I agree with the movie toyline statement, I'm hard pressed to agree with Generations hemorrhaging money. I don't know where you're at, but my way the movie toys warm the pegs with no new waves hitting(the last movie toys I wanna snag is DLX Leadfoot, Wheeljack and Soundwave, and they're no where to be found) and the other lines(Generations, then Animated, now Prime and yes even Rescue Heroes) fly of the shelves. The few Generations figures I see sit(which is usually at Walmart, other places like Target and TRU not so much) are the last wave(Kup, Scourge, ect.). Never saw any of the others hit the shelves at all. Never found Wreck Gar, Wheeljack, Tracks, T.Cracker, and Warpath. Had to order 'em, so to say that those lines aren't doing well wouldn't be accurate. They seem to be doing just fine.

As far as TF 4, meh. DOTM was a step in the write direction, light years beyond the garbage that was ROTF. But still more things need to fixed. The first hour and some change dragged beyond all belief, with WAY too much focus on Sam's job hunt and his relationship to Rosie Can't Act. Less human story needs to happen. I know that human involvement is unavoidable, but shift the story and focus to the titular characters, the Transformers. And if it's the start of a new trilogy, get rid of the Sam character. We got the whole awkward growing up stories for him, there's nowhere left to go with him. Get rid of him and the lame American Pie-esque teen humor, go with a more NEST oriented story, without stroking off the US military which Bay seems to love to do so much. But then again, with all the major Cons dead, who to go with would be up in the air. Maybe Galvatron/Unicron. A great way to do it right(which I doubt will happen) and make a trilogy out of it, bring out Galvatron first and only hint at Unicron. Spend TF 4 with Galvatron building up his army, TF 5 Galvs and his force wreaking absolute havok, decimating Earth's defenses in preparation for the coming of Unicron, and then TF 6 BOOM! The Transformers against Unicron. At least that's what I'd like to see.
Image

"Consider the knowledge dropped."
From ToplessRobot.com:• "Watching Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is marginally better than sh***ing your pants, but it takes a lot longer." Very well put.
D-340
Gestalt
Posts: 2096
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:08 am
Location: Joliet, Il.

Re: Michael Bay close to signing deal for Transformers 4!

Postby Rated X » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:29 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Im a fan of the film series but I wont cry if it doesnt happen. I was hoping for an end to this series simply to avoid spending money on the movie line of figures and focus on classics themed figures.
Image

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6191
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: Michael Bay close to signing deal for Transformers 4!

Postby tattood-transformer » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:47 am

Weapon: Energo-Sword
According to IGN.com

UPDATE: Michael Bay has posted the following statement at his site regarding the original news found below: "Studio's are passing rumors but I'm not sure what I'm doing? I know I'm going to do Pain and Gain early spring but that's it for right now. I'm leaving all my options on the table. I've got several Studio meetings in the next two weeks."
User avatar
tattood-transformer
Minibot
Posts: 197
News Credits: 6
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 11:25 am
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 8
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 8

Re: Michael Bay close to signing deal for Transformers 4!

Postby HalfOfMe » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:51 am

The simple truth is, before the movies Transformers was on a major decline. The toylines were struggling, the anime re-tellings garnered no ratings, and generally for good reason. Like them or not, the movie franchise saved Transformers. We would not have Prime, we probably would not have Generations, without Bay's films. We have to be thankful for a least that. Without Bay--entertainment or debauchery--we could very well without the thing we all love. And all things considered, these types of adaptations are typically way, way further off-cue than this trilogy was. Look at, well--anything (Rise of Cobra, anyone?). Hey--and even better--we made a fan of the guy, didn't we? :D
HalfOfMe
Mini-Con
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:02 pm

Re: Michael Bay close to signing deal for Transformers 4!

Postby SlyTF1 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:56 am

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Xephon0930 wrote:I think most smart people would pirate the films at best when it comes to watching it. I would start to look up torrentz and watch the movie for free if I were you all.


I wouldn't.
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Posts: 4109
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Michael Bay close to signing deal for Transformers 4!

Postby IAmThePeej » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:09 pm

OK, I'm making another extra long post, so just skip to the next post after mine if you don't want to read a lot:

LadyBug wrote:I'm still leaning towards seeing Unicron and Galvatron on the big screen. It would be cool to hear Leonard Nemoy as Galvatron again.


It would be cool to hear Nimoy doing Galvatron again, but he was Sentinel Prime in the last movie, with a very similar voice, so I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't brought back.

amtm wrote:
Claude Brodesser-Akner wrote:...it will delve deeper into Transformers canon to mine older characters and lore. ...

Considering how little delving and depth there were in the first three, I'd take that with a planet full of salt. Bay on any further movies = Watch on DVD at best.


I'm with you on this, but I'm going to at least be a bit optimistic, maybe they'll use Ultra Magnus, since he was supposed to be in DotM instead of Sentinel, and maybe they'll introduce Trypticon and Omega Supreme...?

First-Aid wrote:If he signs for TF 4, we won't see just one more movie. Don Murphy has said he wants to see another trilogy and I concur with that.

As for fans not wanting to see it, cool...don't. I doubt a significant percentage of the $3-plus billion the 3 movies raked in was from fans as opposed to movie-goers just looking for an action-adventurey good time. I mean seriously, these movies had everything you'd want in a giant, fun movie: amazing effects, giant robots, hot chicks, explosions, some funny/dumb and funny/funny moments, the end of the world, explosions, cool cars...seriously it's like Fast and FUrious+Death Race+Robotech+Dumb and Dumber all rolled into one. If you truly hate that much, then you take this hobby and those movies way too seriously. Just sayin...and seriously, was the '86 cartoon movie really any better? We saw the transformation of Grimlock from a powerful warrior to comic relief, a dance scene on a planet of junk to a Weird Al song, cheesy hair metal rock soundtrack, the death of an iconic character that was so poorly received that they had to revive him, and a little kid who ended up saving the day, not to mention enormous plot holes. Seems to me, nothing has changed.

AS long as we never see John Turturro's pale backside again, I'll see the subsequent movies and take them for what they are: fun.


...Except that these movies haven't been fun. At all. There were a lot of fireworks going off, and a **** ton of CGI characters battling each other, but it was all boring since no one could tell who was who or what was going on in the action scenes due to poor camera movements (shakey cam), and quick cuts which changed the angle far too often to make it near impossible for the brain to determine what was just seen. The story was not much better, especially since the characters who these movies have been named after, were treated as second tier characters, given far less character development than the humans, granted, there was next to no character development over the course of the 3 movies. There were no "hot chicks", I mean, Megan Fox is no piece of eye candy to me, I just don't like her, so that may just be me, and for Rosie, she was only cute at best minus the **** duck lips. Neither of which qualify as "hot". The funny moments, both funny/ funny and funny/ dumb according to you, were cringe worthy. There was nothing funny about the poorly delivered jokes and failed punch lines mixed with stilted acting. And really? Awesome cars? They replaced a '78 Camaro with a concept turned now production model which will always be worth less money because it was new, and has horrid style compared to the original.
By the way, none of this is because I hate the movies so much, its just honest observations from what I have seen since 2007 in this series. Yes, I was actually excited when I heard of the first movie coming out, I don't like how Michael Bay makes his movies, but I gave it an honest shot. I really didn't know how to react when I first saw the first one, so I left judgement for the DVD, which is where I started to see all of the flaws since the hype wore off, and I started observing the movies.

budmaloney wrote:Sigh, what can I say, the man's determined. That is true perseverance right there. I gotta hand it to him. I've given up trying to argue why he shouldn't make TF movies.

So in a more positive sense and hoping that Hasbro will be up to par this time, here is what I want to see:

- More Robot concept/ homeworld. I want to see Cybertron.
- Planes, where are the seekers? And I mean real planes, high speed flying.
- You killed all the Decepticons we love and care about, so if you're going to bring them back, don't kill them again.

Who's left? did he leave anything to delve deeper in?
Megs...dead
Starscream...dead
Soundwave...dead
Shockwave...dead
Constructicons/Devastator...Dead
Brawl...Dead (so no Combaticons)
Barricade...Dead
Ravage, Laserbeak, Frenzy.

Even the cool new characters he introduces (the dreads)...Dead

So I have no idea what they plan on doing, where they will pull out these characters. Who's left from G1 for older fans to appreciate and new ones to connect to? Reflector?

- I would like less humans (but too much to ask)

People are dreaming of Unicron or Galvatron, they'll be destroyed in the end.
My bet is they will go with headmasters or targetmasters, that's the only logical way, they can add armor to actors, and that way they provide more mech with humans same time.

Just make it quick please, I can't wait that long anymore. At least the toys will always be something to look forward to.

oh if FFC is any indication, bring Dinobots.


Maybe more Combiners...? We haven't seen the AerialBots yet, or any of the characters I mentioned a bit further up. So there's at least a bit of hope to see these characters finally... OR MAYBE WE'LL GET HOT ROD AND KUP!!!!!!!
Holy ****, I think I found my silver lining for TF4!!!!

SPRINGER112 wrote:Ironhide shall rise again :D


ZOMBIE IRONHIDE!!!!!! But would he eat human brains, or TransFormers' Sparks...?

Burn wrote::KREMZEEK:

More millions of dollars for Hasbro!

:KREMZEEK:

More movies!

:KREMZEEK:

More toys! (As Mkall pointed out)

:KREMZEEK:

More pissed off fanboys! (Possibly the best part of this news)

:KREMZEEK:


YAY! More of more!! I just hope we get slightly better toys since this movie line is very much crap...

Autobot032 wrote:EXACTLY. They'll go see it, too. They'll hate and whine and complain, but they'll sit there

As for the cyborg thing, they are. CYBernetic ORGanism. Cyborg.


Yeah, I'll see it, but I'll only watch for the character design, which has been my favorite part of the movies, even though I feel I've become much dumber due to the poor quality...
Also, interesting theory for the TFs being called cyborgs. Makes quite a bit of sense if thought like that.

noctorro wrote:Autobot032 I totally agree.

The angry fans know what they are getting. So if you are so emotionally crushed by seeing a TF movie by Bay don't.
But they will, and they'll complain about it on forums and such.

I love DOTM, it's a great movie (in my opinion). I do hope they give the it more development time so they can make another good story, or even better (for Transformers standards). I also hope that they will completely restyle all of the Transformers. And please bring back a combiner and have it act like one.


Yeah, but only to say how right we are about the movie. Its how we get off. (This is a joke, I don't like the movies, but I'm not a fervent hater. I have explained why already, so I'll spare the lengthy post)

RiddlerJ wrote:He's got the M, I, C, and H done but for the A, E, and L, he wants to switch to a different crayon.


What colors would make EXPLOSION!!!!!...?

First-Aid wrote:Here's another little thing for the Bayverse toy haters. Yes there will be more movie toys. The movie toys make a sh!tload of money. That being said, it is that very thing that allows a line like Generations- a line aimed specifically at us older fans familiar with the canon and mythos behind the Transformers line- to continue to exist. That line hemorhages money. Every store I go to the movie line is flying off the shelves and the Generations line is gathering dust...and it was that way originally, too. The profit from the movie line allows much more leeway in what Hasbro can offer in the Generations line by providing significant profit. If the profit was not there, Hasbro would have discontinued the Generations line ages ago to replace it with something else that WOULD make money. The Generations line may make SOME profit, but I guarantee it is not nearly enough to sustain the line independently from other TF brands- which is the reason it has never existed on its own. Think abotu it.


I disagree about it hemorrhaging money. Here in Saint Cloud and Kissimmee, FL (I live in the first and work in the second), I see absolutely no Generations figures in any of the 2 Wal Marts or 3 Targets I pass by everyday, yet see shelves full of DotM, which are barely restocked due to no one buying them as fast as one would expect. I've seen kids actually start crying because they can't find Generations Kup (I swear I wasn't the one crying, I was laughing at the kid actually), and when I asked some of the employees at Target, they buy more Generations figures than DotM because they aren't moving as fast as expected. The amount used to be two cases of Generations per 4 weeks, now bumped up to two cases per week. Almost every store said they are hoping the holiday shopping will help alleviate this problem. I should also note that I haven't even seen a Generations Warpath, but I know the stores are getting them, because I seem to almost always find the one employee who is a fan, and picked up warpath before the store opened, or they back stocked it until they were off to buy it..

So with that said, while you have a valid point about Generations not being around without the movie toy-line, I wouldn't say that Generations isn't doing well, at least in my area when you compare the measly 6 pegs of space they have, and being sold out on a regular basis, compared to the 12 to 16 pegs DotM has, while being full all the time due to lack of interest.


OK, as for Bay being close to signing a deal for a new movie, I just hope he builds on the momentum offered by DotM, which was really how the whole series should have started with that quality and gone up from there.
Your local source for posts that are overly long.
IAmThePeej
Micromaster
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:18 am
Location: Florida, next to that alligator... You know.

Re: Michael Bay close to signing deal for Transformers 4!

Postby IAmThePeej » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:16 pm

HalfOfMe wrote:The simple truth is, before the movies Transformers was on a major decline. The toylines were struggling, the anime re-tellings garnered no ratings, and generally for good reason. Like them or not, the movie franchise saved Transformers. We would not have Prime, we probably would not have Generations, without Bay's films. We have to be thankful for a least that. Without Bay--entertainment or debauchery--we could very well without the thing we all love. And all things considered, these types of adaptations are typically way, way further off-cue than this trilogy was. Look at, well--anything (Rise of Cobra, anyone?). Hey--and even better--we made a fan of the guy, didn't we? :D


Very well put, and very accurate too (See, I don't like the movies, but am able to see what they have done for the IP). Also, I enjoyed Rise of Cobra since it was just a fun movie to me. I just hope that we do get a new director for a new perspective on the franchise.
As for him being a fan, he really isn't. He's a fan of the TransFormers He's made. Not a fan of the source, which can be noted by him basically ripping off the story arc "The Ultimate Evil" for DotM thinking no one would notice, as well as the characters he's decided to not be good enough for his movies, he just killed off. Yes, Arcee dying was his idea, which proves he does change the script where he feels.
Your local source for posts that are overly long.
IAmThePeej
Micromaster
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:18 am
Location: Florida, next to that alligator... You know.

Re: Michael Bay close to signing deal for Transformers 4!

Postby Noideaforaname » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:33 pm

SlyTF1 wrote:
Xephon0930 wrote:I think most smart people would pirate the films at best when it comes to watching it. I would start to look up torrentz and watch the movie for free if I were you all.


I wouldn't.


Me neither. For starters, I like giving people money for their hard work. But mostly these movies are best viewed in theaters with surround sound, hundreds of others viewers, and other things you can't get with a crappy (illegal) bootleg.
Image
Krazy 'bout Kreons: Customs ~ Photos ~ Art
My deviantART
User avatar
Noideaforaname
Gestalt
Posts: 2354
News Credits: 5
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:31 pm
Location: South Jersey

Re: Michael Bay close to signing deal for Transformers 4!

Postby First-Aid » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:38 pm

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
IAmThePeej wrote:...Except that these movies haven't been fun. At all. There were a lot of fireworks going off, and a **** ton of CGI characters battling each other, but it was all boring since no one could tell who was who or what was going on in the action scenes due to poor camera movements (shakey cam), and quick cuts which changed the angle far too often to make it near impossible for the brain to determine what was just seen.


A boring movie doesn't make a billion dollars. Plain and simple. And it is not targeted to fanboys, which I think is what most on the forums want. You CAN'T MAKE MONEY that way. They targeted it to the masses. Transformers had the most diverse movie audience of ANY summer movie. The gender split was 50-50; the age groups were nearly evenly distributed between kids, teens, young adults, and middle agers. Twilight will make a billion, but 82% if their audience is female. Harry Potter skewed significantly to the younger audience, dominating in the teenage bracket. Transformers is the only big movie that hit ALL age groups and both genders equally...which partially translates to success; you can get $50 from one person once a month, or you can get $1 from 100 people daily. It's simple economics.

Look, you can say the movie wasn't fun all you want. The vast majority of average movie-goers (non-fanboys) would vehemently disagree. You do not make over $3.3 billion in only three movies by making films that don't appeal to the masses and aren't fun for the vast majority. The critics may agree with you, but it seems nowadays that the more the critics hate a movie, the more the masses like it- almost just to spite them. And the masses are the ones with the money. And that's really all that matters.
Scalpel...blood bucket...priest...next patient!

Would ye care fer a wee nip of scotch whiskey?

Yes I am a Cubs fan. You may pity me now.
First-Aid
City Commander
Posts: 3782
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:54 am
Location: A lone Bears household in CHeeseheadland...
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Re: Michael Bay close to signing deal for Transformers 4!

Postby SlyTF1 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:44 pm

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
IAmThePeej wrote:...Except that these movies haven't been fun. At all. There were a lot of fireworks going off, and a **** ton of CGI characters battling each other, but it was all boring since no one could tell who was who or what was going on in the action scenes due to poor camera movements (shakey cam), and quick cuts which changed the angle far too often to make it near impossible for the brain to determine what was just seen.


My brain could determine everything just fine. Maybe it's just you. I've memorized all 3 movies scene for scene, word by word, camera shot by camera shot.
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Posts: 4109
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Michael Bay close to signing deal for Transformers 4!

Postby JOP » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:31 pm

RodimalToyota wrote:If you don't like the writing then don't support the writers. Bay is basically the manager of the set, so stop blaming him for crappy stories.

While I do agree that the writers should be held culpable to a certain degree, the simple truth is that Michael Bay is the director of all three films - and in my (albeit limited) understanding of film-making, the director is normally the party with final creative oversight of the film.

It is also my understanding that there are parties that may in theory be able to overrule the director (such as the producers, and the studio); however, I do not believe we have confirmation of such a thing occurring in the production of Transformers, Revenge of the Fallen or Dark of the Moon. I think it is therefore safe to say that in this particular instance, Michael Bay can most likely be held accountable for the quality of the story in the finished films.

SlyTF1 wrote:My brain could determine everything just fine. Maybe it's just you. I've memorized all 3 movies scene for scene, word by word, camera shot by camera shot.

I believe a common complaint of the first film, and less so the second and third, was that the combination of rather complex character design and Michael Bay's rapid-fire editing technique left many critics confused as to the events unfolding onscreen. I am glad to hear, however, that this was not your experience.
User avatar
JOP
Micromaster
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:50 am

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #105 - Megatronus
Twincast / Podcast #105:
"Megatronus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, November 23rd, 2014