Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Michael Bay Talks Transformers in New Video Interview

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Transformers 3 is scheduled to be released on July 1st, 2011. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Postby Bluebullet » Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:32 am

Nemesis Cyberplex wrote:I don't know if anybody's mentioned this, but it is possible to "listen" & then completely disreguard everything you heard because you believe your idea would be much, much better.

.....just thought I'd throw that out there......

Where have you been? :roll:

j-man wrote:Plain and simple for anyone who doesn't like the design and stuff, just don't go watch it...if you got issues, find $.50 and call someone who cares because most of us don't care about complainers....

I'm going to ignore that stupid statement and move on.
Bluebullet

Postby City Commander » Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:11 am

Weapon: Air Rifle
Seriously blocky is bad, but how about comic style blocky? 1000 pieces to a gun is ridiculous.
Image
Electron wrote:sledge your comments are like a fat chick raping a hot dog, its unpleasent to watch but in the end its gonna happen

Mr O wrote:I'm part Irish, part Scottish, very Welsh, mostly drunk, somewhat Transformers nerd and all ****.
User avatar
City Commander
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8626
News Credits: 2
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:47 pm
Location: AWC Headquarters (under the sofa)
Buy from City Commander on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Rank: Infinity
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Leonardo » Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:26 am

Is nobody else seriously concerned about the prospect of Bad Boys III?
Leonardo
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7012
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:08 am

Postby MaikeruSama » Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:36 am

For the people who didnt like the flames its all ready done bay didnt want to take it out becuase the painter worked hard on it.I also agree with bay 100% but hes still an old man.
MaikeruSama
Vehicon
Posts: 359
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:43 am

Postby Wheeljack35 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:16 am

zoso504 wrote:As much as I'd hate to admit it, I have to agree with him about the blockiness. Maybe not the fake part, but the boring part. Just wished he did something a little more terrestrial.


The Alternaters could of been used along with the Masterpeices

MP Starscream is very realistic if you never had seen him and saw him only in his plane mode you would think he was a nicely constructed model

I will never agree that they were blocky he was looking at the cartoons not the toys Frenzy looks like the son of General Grevious and is made up of antennas
Image
User avatar
Wheeljack35
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8645
News Credits: 26
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:11 pm
Location: New Port Richey Fl
Watch Wheeljack35 on YouTube

Postby Big Convoy » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:25 am

Frenzy looks like the **** Child of General Grievous and Transmutate.

Frankly, I'd prefer "G1 blocks" to the crap designs of the robots for this flicks.

Dreamwave seemed to do a good job of updating the G1 characters and making the "Blocks" look good in their comics, so why can't Bay and co?

Too damn lazy I guess.
Big Convoy
Mini-Con
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2003 11:13 am

Postby Greed » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:30 am

Besides the fact that fans are being called geeks, an insult to most, by the director and the obnoxious usage of the word "uber" it was an alright article.

I still don't like the designs of the film, not because they don't look G1 but because there is to much focus on the frame/exoskeleton of these machines and lets not forget those mandibles. :?
Greed
Godmaster
Posts: 1592
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 9:08 pm

Postby Bot Marley » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:17 am

I enjoyed the interview and can't wait for the movie to come out. The designs have grown on me and I love them for being somthing different than the rehashed G1 I love but am getting a bit tired of. This will never replace my fond memories of G1, it will be somthing new to add to my fond memories of Transformers. I hope we get sequals and a Beast Wars movie! I'd love to see the Dinobots movie version or a combiner. How about a triplechanger movie character?
Bot Marley
Fuzor
Posts: 265
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:41 pm

Postby Bot Marley » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:19 am

Greed wrote:Besides the fact that fans are being called geeks, an insult to most. :?


I'm a proud Geek, Nerd, Dork, whatever you want to call it! I love everything from StarTrek to StarWars to Role Playing Games to just plain outright nerdyness! I love Nerdy Chicks too!
Bot Marley
Fuzor
Posts: 265
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:41 pm

Postby Megatron Wolf » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:50 am

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
"People hate primes paint job" no prime is kick ass we all hate starscream and megatron you jackass.If he can get the G1 voice cast that would make this movie site better with fans. And bad boys 3 would be cool.
PSN: MegatronWolf
Current TF count: 1540

Image
User avatar
Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
Posts: 4714
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2003 8:30 pm
Location: New York
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby Megatron Wolf » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:58 am

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Bot Marley wrote:
Greed wrote:Besides the fact that fans are being called geeks, an insult to most. :?


I'm a proud Geek, Nerd, Dork, whatever you want to call it! I love everything from StarTrek to StarWars to Role Playing Games to just plain outright nerdyness! I love Nerdy Chicks too!


We were called "uber geeks". I too like Star Wars,Star Trek, and some RPGs and yes i play magic to but i think "uber geek" went to far. How about Uber Trans-Fan or something. You hear geek you think smart kid with coke bottle glasses and a pen protector who sites home and programs on his computer all day. Bill Gates in other words. I am not bill gates. Granted im a little to into Transformers but a better name is needed for people like use wether they be trekies, trans-fans, or star wars lovers. I think bay just needs to be kicked in the head a few times. Maybe then the next TF movie will have a decent Megatron and Starscream. Its not hard to change them, blow them up and have them repaired or reformatted.
PSN: MegatronWolf
Current TF count: 1540

Image
User avatar
Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
Posts: 4714
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2003 8:30 pm
Location: New York
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby kary » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:33 pm

So dumb if you're in canada you can't see this video. LAME
kary

Postby SoulOfPrimus » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:36 pm

He-he, Bay said Doo-dads.

You wanna know something. I don't like Micheal Bay, but I like TF. For as long as I can remember I've wanted a live action movie. Now I'm getting one and I couldn't be more thrilled that Micheal Bay is doing it.

Why?

Because the masses won't sit and watch a 30' tall version of AI or Bladerunner. We would, the masses won't. If that ends up being the case, there will never be money for a sequal. If this rocks like the web buzz makes it out to be, maybe they would get 'Matrix' money and be able to give us a more character driven sequal.

Also, What is with all the complaints about the new look? Seriously, I don't get it. Hasbro changes the designs with every season of animation to accomadate new molds. In the show characters change mid-season to allow for repaints. Even the premise behind TF is changing shape... So whats got your panties in a bunch, really?

I, IMHO, think that it is the strange feeling you'll get being a TF fan going into a theater with a non-fan and really know just as much as they do about it. This feeling is unsettling because of all the time and energy we put into our fandom, when actually it was never ours to control in the first place.

Just let go and Enjoy it. Otherwise you'll generate unneccessary stress and grief for yourself and those that don't care.
SoulOfPrimus
Micromaster
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:42 pm

Postby j-man » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:42 pm

Bluebullet wrote:
Nemesis Cyberplex wrote:I don't know if anybody's mentioned this, but it is possible to "listen" & then completely disreguard everything you heard because you believe your idea would be much, much better.

.....just thought I'd throw that out there......

Where have you been? :roll:

j-man wrote:Plain and simple for anyone who doesn't like the design and stuff, just don't go watch it...if you got issues, find $.50 and call someone who cares because most of us don't care about complainers....

I'm going to ignore that stupid statement and move on.


Quit complaining, everyone has the right not to go see it or see it. If you don't like, then don't watch it, what more can you do than that when it opens in July.
j-man
Mini-Con
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:26 am

Postby Bluebullet » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:46 pm

j-man wrote:
Bluebullet wrote:
Nemesis Cyberplex wrote:I don't know if anybody's mentioned this, but it is possible to "listen" & then completely disreguard everything you heard because you believe your idea would be much, much better.

.....just thought I'd throw that out there......

Where have you been? :roll:

j-man wrote:Plain and simple for anyone who doesn't like the design and stuff, just don't go watch it...if you got issues, find $.50 and call someone who cares because most of us don't care about complainers....

I'm going to ignore that stupid statement and move on.


Quit complaining, everyone has the right not to go see it or see it. If you don't like, then don't watch it, what more can you do than that when it opens in July.

Complaining is the right of all sentient beings. Without complaints, there is no progress. I'm complaining so that when this movie bombs, they can't say we didn't speak up.
Bluebullet

Postby TheMuffin » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:47 pm

Motto: "I still function!"
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Only problem being that it won't bomb. At least in ticket sales.
Image
User avatar
TheMuffin
Site Moderator
Posts: 11042
News Credits: 6
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:12 am
Location: Ohiooooooo
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 3
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Postby Bluebullet » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:52 pm

Zuko wrote:Only problem being that it won't bomb. At least in ticket sales.

Bombing doesn't always mean ticket sales. Godzilla '98 bombed because no one liked it and it ruined the careers of the creators who made it. This movie will fail in the second week, though, because 80's Transformers fans will go to see their childhood on the big screen, be disapointed, and spread a bad word of mouth about it. It can't get any more simple than that.
Bluebullet

Postby Milanion » Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:07 pm

Bluebullet wrote:
Zuko wrote:Only problem being that it won't bomb. At least in ticket sales.

Bombing doesn't always mean ticket sales. Godzilla '98 bombed because no one liked it and it ruined the careers of the creators who made it. This movie will fail in the second week, though, because 80's Transformers fans will go to see their childhood on the big screen, be disapointed, and spread a bad word of mouth about it. It can't get any more simple than that.


Don't worry, there will be several millions of non-TFans to make up for it.
Milanion
Brainmaster
Posts: 1477
News Credits: 4
Joined: Thu May 25, 2006 7:35 am

Postby peagreenbot » Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:21 pm

Don't worry, there will be several millions of non-TFans to make up for it.


But will these non-TFans like stupid jokes like a dog peeing on a robots leg?

Jeez, what am I saying? The cinema where I work just had it's busiest week ever thanks to the schoolkids being on holiday and 'Epic Movie', of all things, being released.

:cry:
peagreenbot
Mini-Con
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:16 am

Postby Bluebullet » Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:35 pm

peagreenbot wrote:
Don't worry, there will be several millions of non-TFans to make up for it.


But will these non-TFans like stupid jokes like a dog peeing on a robots leg?

Jeez, what am I saying? The cinema where I work just had it's busiest week ever thanks to the schoolkids being on holiday and 'Epic Movie', of all things, being released.

:cry:

No, Epic Movie is better because it was made to be stupid.

To Milanon: I think "millions" and "making up for it" is an exxageration. The Transformers fanbase is, at the most, half a million people(including people who are not on this board). The kids who dabble in Transformers(around a million) will instantly know the difference, because of the massacred looks and the PG-13 rating. Then there are the millions of adults who liked Transformers as kids, who will say "WTF" at first sight. If you think a million freaks that like this demonic "visualisation" of Transformers will make up for the millions of pissed-off Transformers fans who know their way around the grapevine, then you sure live in a wonderful world.
Bluebullet

Postby dragons » Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:37 pm

I could deal with flames on prime i didnt care what he looked like as long he was re semi truck i agree with his statment big blocky bots would be boring i probally do the samething if it was in the director chair except i wouldnt have made some of the other bots look bad looking megatron vehicle mode kinda reminds me of his enrgon and robots in disguise look vehical mode mybe ill have a differnt opnion about decepticons in this film when it releases in theaters pictures look crappy but they could great when there in action. more than i can say about spiderman 3 venom the director of that film destroyed the look of venom in that version completly venom looks like a black carnage.
Image
dragons
Gestalt
Posts: 2467
News Credits: 22
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:28 pm

Postby Milanion » Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:09 pm

Bluebullet wrote:
peagreenbot wrote:
Don't worry, there will be several millions of non-TFans to make up for it.


But will these non-TFans like stupid jokes like a dog peeing on a robots leg?

Jeez, what am I saying? The cinema where I work just had it's busiest week ever thanks to the schoolkids being on holiday and 'Epic Movie', of all things, being released.

:cry:

No, Epic Movie is better because it was made to be stupid.

To Milanon: I think "millions" and "making up for it" is an exxageration. The Transformers fanbase is, at the most, half a million people(including people who are not on this board). The kids who dabble in Transformers(around a million) will instantly know the difference, because of the massacred looks and the PG-13 rating. Then there are the millions of adults who liked Transformers as kids, who will say "WTF" at first sight. If you think a million freaks that like this demonic "visualisation" of Transformers will make up for the millions of pissed-off Transformers fans who know their way around the grapevine, then you sure live in a wonderful world.


Sure.

Why can't anyone add on this site? If the movie were only to make $100 mil in the States (not even counting Worldwide box office) that is $12.5 million tickets at $8 each.

Half a million TF fans, as you put it, only adds up to $4 mil. So guess where the other $96 mil is going to come from?

Never mind, I'll just tell you: the 12 million non-fans.
Milanion
Brainmaster
Posts: 1477
News Credits: 4
Joined: Thu May 25, 2006 7:35 am

Postby TheMuffin » Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:18 pm

Motto: "I still function!"
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Not to mention the fans and non/fans alike who will go see it two or three times like me.
Image
User avatar
TheMuffin
Site Moderator
Posts: 11042
News Credits: 6
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:12 am
Location: Ohiooooooo
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 3
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Postby Archibald Witwicky » Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:20 pm

Milanion wrote:Sure.

Why can't anyone add on this site? If the movie were only to make $100 mil in the States (not even counting Worldwide box office) that is $12.5 million tickets at $8 each.

Half a million TF fans, as you put it, only adds up to $4 mil. So guess where the other $96 mil is going to come from?

Never mind, I'll just tell you: the 12 million non-fans.


Milanion, please, use some common sense here. Clearly the Transformers fanbase, about half of which likes what they've seen of the movie, is enough to derail millions of dollars of marketting in less than a week.

Clearly this is only logical. :roll:
Archibald Witwicky
City Commander
Posts: 3348
News Credits: 2
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:08 pm

Postby Autobobby1 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:22 pm

Weapon: Gattling Gun
I also agree with Bay. The G1 robots don't look realistic, and couldn't even pass of as modern normal Transformers.

I can't wait to see this movie. Not only is it an action movie with giant robots, but the Transformers also have their own personalities which will be interesting to see on the big screen and in live action.
Mashed potatoes can be your friends!
User avatar
Autobobby1
City Commander
Posts: 3253
News Credits: 2
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:24 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 3
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Next

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum