Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Microsoft relents on forced connectivity!

This is the forum to discuss all of those video games you love playing or that are coming out. From Transformers video games to Fighting games to Sports games ... whatever makes you a happy Seibertronian. Just keep it the topics and conversations game and console related.

Microsoft relents on forced connectivity!

Postby njb902 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:44 pm

njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2563
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: Microsoft relents on forced connectivity!

Postby SlyTF1 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:48 pm

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
I wanted Sony to win this war by a landslide. I'm pissed.
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Posts: 4009
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Microsoft relents on forced connectivity!

Postby BeastProwl » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:02 pm

Motto: "Planet Exploder"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
SlyTF1 wrote:I'm pissed.

Why? The combination of backlash and lack of Sony even trying that ****, coupled with the fact that Microsoft still charges more for live ensures a pretty hefty victory, with the Wii U in second place.
Microsoft didnt even run their products on the XBox, they ran them on computers for fear that their console software wasn't adequate enough to run their demos without crashing.

Sony wins.
My PSN: BeastProwl
Image

Come read my Photocomic! It totally doesn't suck!

Va'al wrote:PCCs are not only desirable, they are adorable. [-(

Fanboy wrote:You need to see the figure, feel the figure , lick the figure , be the figure,
And only then can you love mp 01 the way I have.
User avatar
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6076
News Credits: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: The Badass Crater of Badassitude
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: Microsoft relents on forced connectivity!

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:21 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Money talks. ;)

All that rage from XBox fans did nothing to stop them, but when they started voting with their wallets... :michaelbay:

Frankly, I still don't trust MS. What's to stop them from reinstating their DRM BS once sales have stabilized, and fans have already bought the damn thing?
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt
Posts: 2220
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:20 pm
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Microsoft relents on forced connectivity!

Postby Twitchythe3rd » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:51 pm

Motto: "I burn and I plunder as it suits my desire."
Weapon: Fireball Cannon
BeastProwl wrote: Microsoft didnt even run their products on the XBox, they ran them on computers for fear that their console software wasn't adequate enough to run their demos without crashing.


That's not entirely true. Both sides were using a combination of PC-rendered footage and actual console run footage.

That said, Sony still has the advantage on a couple points.
Image
The Ultimate Defense Against The Terrorcon Hordes!
Twitchythe3rd
Headmaster
Posts: 1131
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:19 pm
Location: Surrounded by corn.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 7
Endurance: 4
Rank: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Microsoft relents on forced connectivity!

Postby njb902 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:09 pm

In the end it doesn't matter to me which of the 3 "win". I've been a majority PC game player since 1995.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2563
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: Microsoft relents on forced connectivity!

Postby BeastProwl » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:19 pm

Motto: "Planet Exploder"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
njb902 wrote:In the end it doesn't matter to me which of the 3 "win". I've been a majority PC game player since 1995.


And...?

This is about consoles, please dont fly down the "PC Superior" route here, it ALWAYS sparks the mother of all flamewars...
My PSN: BeastProwl
Image

Come read my Photocomic! It totally doesn't suck!

Va'al wrote:PCCs are not only desirable, they are adorable. [-(

Fanboy wrote:You need to see the figure, feel the figure , lick the figure , be the figure,
And only then can you love mp 01 the way I have.
User avatar
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6076
News Credits: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: The Badass Crater of Badassitude
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: Microsoft relents on forced connectivity!

Postby VirusCarnage » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:21 pm

Motto: "I'll kill you!"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
With this move Microsoft has won me back, the price means very little to me, and I liked the Xbox games more then the PS4 games.
User avatar
VirusCarnage
Targetmaster
Posts: 608
News Credits: 26
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:10 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Re: Microsoft relents on forced connectivity!

Postby njb902 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:59 am

BeastProwl wrote:
njb902 wrote:In the end it doesn't matter to me which of the 3 "win". I've been a majority PC game player since 1995.


And...?

This is about consoles, please dont fly down the "PC Superior" route here, it ALWAYS sparks the mother of all flamewars...


It's just my preference. Computers may be a more robust platform, but that doesn't necessarily make it superior.
Last edited by njb902 on Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2563
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: Microsoft relents on forced connectivity!

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:29 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
WOW... just wow. :shock:
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

"If you try to please everyone, nobody will like it" - a very wise guy.

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD Landfill (Heavy Load acquired)
3) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
4) Arms Micron Terrorcon Bumblebee
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14560
News Credits: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: Delft, the Netherlands; McKinney, Texas, USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Microsoft relents on forced connectivity!

Postby Dead Metal » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:52 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Twitchythe3rd wrote:
BeastProwl wrote: Microsoft didnt even run their products on the XBox, they ran them on computers for fear that their console software wasn't adequate enough to run their demos without crashing.


That's not entirely true. Both sides were using a combination of PC-rendered footage and actual console run footage.

That said, Sony still has the advantage on a couple points.

No, that's not what he meant. It turns out that the XBox One demo games at E3, the ones you could play, where running on Windows 7 game rigs with Nividia cards, and not on the actual XBox developer kits as was advertised.
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13804
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Re: Microsoft relents on forced connectivity!

Postby njb902 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:28 am

I bet this decision infuriated Microsoft's exclusive content developers. A lot of those developers believe the second hand market should be illegal. I can't remember where I read it or what the exact figure was so take it for what it is , but the developers claim to lose millions to the second hand and rental markets. So just think on what Microsoft was originally hoping to accomplish with this.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2563
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: Microsoft relents on forced connectivity!

Postby Dead Metal » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:46 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
njb902 wrote:I bet this decision infuriated Microsoft's exclusive content developers. A lot of those developers believe the second hand market should be illegal. I can't remember where I read it or what the exact figure was so take it for what it is , but the developers claim to lose millions to the second hand and rental markets. So just think on what Microsoft was originally hoping to accomplish with this.

Yup, totally 100 per cent true, used games hurt the game industry, used games will destroy the industry just like used and rented cars did the automobile industry decades ago.
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13804
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Re: Microsoft relents on forced connectivity!

Postby Twitchythe3rd » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:38 am

Motto: "I burn and I plunder as it suits my desire."
Weapon: Fireball Cannon
Dead Metal wrote:
Twitchythe3rd wrote:
BeastProwl wrote: Microsoft didnt even run their products on the XBox, they ran them on computers for fear that their console software wasn't adequate enough to run their demos without crashing.


That's not entirely true. Both sides were using a combination of PC-rendered footage and actual console run footage.

That said, Sony still has the advantage on a couple points.

No, that's not what he meant. It turns out that the XBox One demo games at E3, the ones you could play, where running on Windows 7 game rigs with Nividia cards, and not on the actual XBox developer kits as was advertised.


I know. I'm saying both sides were running things with PCs and dev kits, not just Microsoft.
Image
The Ultimate Defense Against The Terrorcon Hordes!
Twitchythe3rd
Headmaster
Posts: 1131
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:19 pm
Location: Surrounded by corn.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 7
Endurance: 4
Rank: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Microsoft relents on forced connectivity!

Postby Burn » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:55 pm

Dead Metal wrote:
njb902 wrote:I bet this decision infuriated Microsoft's exclusive content developers. A lot of those developers believe the second hand market should be illegal. I can't remember where I read it or what the exact figure was so take it for what it is , but the developers claim to lose millions to the second hand and rental markets. So just think on what Microsoft was originally hoping to accomplish with this.

Yup, totally 100 per cent true, used games hurt the game industry, used games will destroy the industry just like used and rented cars did the automobile industry decades ago.

Don't forget the second hand and rental industry for books, cd's, records, cassettes and dvd's.
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38316
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Microsoft relents on forced connectivity!

Postby njb902 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:11 pm

Burn wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:
njb902 wrote:I bet this decision infuriated Microsoft's exclusive content developers. A lot of those developers believe the second hand market should be illegal. I can't remember where I read it or what the exact figure was so take it for what it is , but the developers claim to lose millions to the second hand and rental markets. So just think on what Microsoft was originally hoping to accomplish with this.

Yup, totally 100 per cent true, used games hurt the game industry, used games will destroy the industry just like used and rented cars did the automobile industry decades ago.

Don't forget the second hand and rental industry for books, cd's, records, cassettes and dvd's.


Indeed, just think of the ramifications of a totally cloud based world. We would own no media , just rent it.

Just imagine a world where you couldn't even donate clothing , resell a car, or even customize a transformer because of copyright protection. Those examples are very extreme, but I'm afraid it could happen.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2563
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: Microsoft relents on forced connectivity!

Postby Burn » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:28 pm

With "wearable" technology it may not be far from reality.

At present, those who are in the Beta program cannot on-sell their Google Glasses.
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38316
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Microsoft relents on forced connectivity!

Postby njb902 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:32 pm

Burn wrote:With "wearable" technology it may not be far from reality.

At present, those who are in the Beta program cannot on-sell their Google Glasses.


I can understand a beta test, the question is will it be that way for the retail version.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2563
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am


Return to Video Games Forum