Microsoft relents on forced connectivity!

This is the forum to discuss all of those video games you love playing or that are coming out. From Transformers video games to Fighting games to Sports games ... whatever makes you a happy Seibertronian. Just keep it the topics and conversations game and console related.

Re: Microsoft relents on forced connectivity!

Postby Dead Metal » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:52 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Twitchythe3rd wrote:
BeastProwl wrote: Microsoft didnt even run their products on the XBox, they ran them on computers for fear that their console software wasn't adequate enough to run their demos without crashing.


That's not entirely true. Both sides were using a combination of PC-rendered footage and actual console run footage.

That said, Sony still has the advantage on a couple points.

No, that's not what he meant. It turns out that the XBox One demo games at E3, the ones you could play, where running on Windows 7 game rigs with Nividia cards, and not on the actual XBox developer kits as was advertised.
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14429
News Credits: 35
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 6:18 am

Re: Microsoft relents on forced connectivity!

Postby njb902 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:28 am

I bet this decision infuriated Microsoft's exclusive content developers. A lot of those developers believe the second hand market should be illegal. I can't remember where I read it or what the exact figure was so take it for what it is , but the developers claim to lose millions to the second hand and rental markets. So just think on what Microsoft was originally hoping to accomplish with this.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2563
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:50 am

Re: Microsoft relents on forced connectivity!

Postby Dead Metal » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:46 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
njb902 wrote:I bet this decision infuriated Microsoft's exclusive content developers. A lot of those developers believe the second hand market should be illegal. I can't remember where I read it or what the exact figure was so take it for what it is , but the developers claim to lose millions to the second hand and rental markets. So just think on what Microsoft was originally hoping to accomplish with this.

Yup, totally 100 per cent true, used games hurt the game industry, used games will destroy the industry just like used and rented cars did the automobile industry decades ago.
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14429
News Credits: 35
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 6:18 am

Re: Microsoft relents on forced connectivity!

Postby Twitchythe3rd » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:38 pm

Motto: "I burn and I plunder as it suits my desire."
Weapon: Fireball Cannon
Dead Metal wrote:
Twitchythe3rd wrote:
BeastProwl wrote: Microsoft didnt even run their products on the XBox, they ran them on computers for fear that their console software wasn't adequate enough to run their demos without crashing.


That's not entirely true. Both sides were using a combination of PC-rendered footage and actual console run footage.

That said, Sony still has the advantage on a couple points.

No, that's not what he meant. It turns out that the XBox One demo games at E3, the ones you could play, where running on Windows 7 game rigs with Nividia cards, and not on the actual XBox developer kits as was advertised.


I know. I'm saying both sides were running things with PCs and dev kits, not just Microsoft.
Image
The Ultimate Defense Against The Terrorcon Hordes!
Twitchythe3rd
Headmaster
Posts: 1228
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:19 pm
Location: Surrounded by corn.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 7
Endurance: 4
Rank: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Microsoft relents on forced connectivity!

Postby Burn » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:55 pm

Dead Metal wrote:
njb902 wrote:I bet this decision infuriated Microsoft's exclusive content developers. A lot of those developers believe the second hand market should be illegal. I can't remember where I read it or what the exact figure was so take it for what it is , but the developers claim to lose millions to the second hand and rental markets. So just think on what Microsoft was originally hoping to accomplish with this.

Yup, totally 100 per cent true, used games hurt the game industry, used games will destroy the industry just like used and rented cars did the automobile industry decades ago.

Don't forget the second hand and rental industry for books, cd's, records, cassettes and dvd's.
Image
Rated X wrote:Right now the best option is to buy 4 alpha bravos.
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 42547
News Credits: 81
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 3:37 am

Re: Microsoft relents on forced connectivity!

Postby njb902 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:11 pm

Burn wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:
njb902 wrote:I bet this decision infuriated Microsoft's exclusive content developers. A lot of those developers believe the second hand market should be illegal. I can't remember where I read it or what the exact figure was so take it for what it is , but the developers claim to lose millions to the second hand and rental markets. So just think on what Microsoft was originally hoping to accomplish with this.

Yup, totally 100 per cent true, used games hurt the game industry, used games will destroy the industry just like used and rented cars did the automobile industry decades ago.

Don't forget the second hand and rental industry for books, cd's, records, cassettes and dvd's.


Indeed, just think of the ramifications of a totally cloud based world. We would own no media , just rent it.

Just imagine a world where you couldn't even donate clothing , resell a car, or even customize a transformer because of copyright protection. Those examples are very extreme, but I'm afraid it could happen.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2563
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:50 am

Re: Microsoft relents on forced connectivity!

Postby Burn » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:28 pm

With "wearable" technology it may not be far from reality.

At present, those who are in the Beta program cannot on-sell their Google Glasses.
Image
Rated X wrote:Right now the best option is to buy 4 alpha bravos.
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 42547
News Credits: 81
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 3:37 am

Re: Microsoft relents on forced connectivity!

Postby njb902 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:32 pm

Burn wrote:With "wearable" technology it may not be far from reality.

At present, those who are in the Beta program cannot on-sell their Google Glasses.


I can understand a beta test, the question is will it be that way for the retail version.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2563
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:50 am


Return to Video Games and Mobile Apps Forum

Ending Soon On eBay

** 2013 Takara Transformers Arms Micron, Exclusive Orion Pax - MISB ** - Time Remaining: 2 days 22 hours 21 minutes 8 seconds
** 2014 - Transformers Generations Voyager Roadbuster - 30th Anniversary  ** - Time Remaining: 2 days 10 hours 21 minutes
** 2002 - Transformers Armada Red Alert with Longarm ** - Time Remaining: 2 days 6 hours 36 minutes 9 seconds
** 2001 Transformers RID Action Figure Wedge ** - Time Remaining: 2 days 5 hours 21 minutes 7 seconds
new~Takasa Tony Transformers Masterpiece C MP-19 Smokescreen KO version in Stock - Time Remaining: 1 day 12 hours 37 minutes 30 seconds
TRANSFORMERS G1 HOIST AUTOBOT REISSUE MIB - Time Remaining: 1 day 22 hours 54 minutes 26 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Grimlock Toys R Us Exclusive MP-08 MP-8 NEW - Time Remaining: 1 day 12 hours 55 minutes 6 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Classics: Battle for Autobot City Ultra Magnus - Skywarp New - Time Remaining: 2 days 10 hours 27 minutes 5 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #148 - And Rom The Space Knight
Twincast / Podcast #148:
"And Rom The Space Knight"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, June 27th, 2016