Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

More IDW Character Designs

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: More IDW Character Designs

Postby Heavy B » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:47 pm

Motto: "The best weapon isn't one you never have to fire, It's the one you only have to fire once."
Weapon: Gattling Gun
the legs and arms suggest G2 Hero Optimus prime, or Energon Rodimus...

wings may be part of the trailer
Image
Psycho Warrior wrote: Heavy B, the man who can open armor plating with his bare ass. To fight a bear no less.
User avatar
Heavy B
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5111
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu May 01, 2003 3:03 pm
Location: Anywhere I roam, Where I lay my head is home. Carved upon my stone, My body lie, but still I roam.
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 9
Skill: 5

Re: More IDW Character Designs

Postby RogueDeathangel » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:51 am

Dr. Heavy B wrote:the legs and arms suggest G2 Hero Optimus prime, or Energon Rodimus...

wings may be part of the trailer



Um, it's Nova Prime. The wings are definitely part of the trailer and yeah, the legs are very reminiscent of Energon Rodimus.
RogueDeathangel
Targetmaster
Posts: 697
News Credits: 4
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:01 am

Re: More IDW Character Designs

Postby Heavy B » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:19 pm

Motto: "The best weapon isn't one you never have to fire, It's the one you only have to fire once."
Weapon: Gattling Gun
RogueDeathangel wrote:
Dr. Heavy B wrote:the legs and arms suggest G2 Hero Optimus prime, or Energon Rodimus...

wings may be part of the trailer



Um, it's Nova Prime. The wings are definitely part of the trailer and yeah, the legs are very reminiscent of Energon Rodimus.

yeah, should have known that #-o . he's a prime, he has a trailer, of COURSE the trailer does somthing
Image
Psycho Warrior wrote: Heavy B, the man who can open armor plating with his bare ass. To fight a bear no less.
User avatar
Heavy B
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5111
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu May 01, 2003 3:03 pm
Location: Anywhere I roam, Where I lay my head is home. Carved upon my stone, My body lie, but still I roam.
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 9
Skill: 5

Re: More IDW Character Designs

Postby trence5 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:14 pm

Motto: "I GOT BETTER THINGS TO DO TONIGHT THAN DIE!"
Weapon: Photon Eliminator Rifle
NemesisMonkeySupreme wrote: though there are definitely continuity/design errors in IDW-universe such as bad-ass War Within looking Orion Pax on pre-Civil War Cybertron then a less imposing-looking (but still nicely designed) Optimus Prime in the early days of the Civil War…
#-o Thank you. I'm glad I wasn't the only who noticed that. that whole pre war Cybertron "Orion Pax being built like Optimus before the War while in Blurr Spotlight Optimus looked more like 'Orion Pax'" had me scratching my head....






p.s. sorry about the Nova Prime thing, I mean to put that in the thread that had Nomvius Prime sketch
User avatar
trence5
Targetmaster
Posts: 698
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:31 pm
Location: San Antonio
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Rank: 3
Courage: 6
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: More IDW Character Designs

Postby RogueDeathangel » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:07 am

trence5 wrote:
NemesisMonkeySupreme wrote: though there are definitely continuity/design errors in IDW-universe such as bad-ass War Within looking Orion Pax on pre-Civil War Cybertron then a less imposing-looking (but still nicely designed) Optimus Prime in the early days of the Civil War…
#-o Thank you. I'm glad I wasn't the only who noticed that. that whole pre war Cybertron "Orion Pax being built like Optimus before the War while in Blurr Spotlight Optimus looked more like 'Orion Pax'" had me scratching my head....



Not necessarily an error. It makes sense that he would upgrade himself from the WW-inspired design once the war broke out.
RogueDeathangel
Targetmaster
Posts: 697
News Credits: 4
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:01 am


Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #107 - A Knight at the Theatre
Twincast / Podcast #107:
"A Knight at the Theatre"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, December 18th, 2014