Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Movie Continuity

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Movie Continuity

Postby Rudywilde » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:54 am

Hi all,

First time poster. Just saw AOE and decided it was time to get out pen and paper to try and figure out the continuity of the film series for my own personal sanity. Let me know what you think

65 Million years ago quintessons came to earth and dropped a seed which killed the dinosaurs but creates transformium that they use to make their robots (which they power on with the cube)

Sometime between 65 million b.c and 40,000 b.c. the transformers became sentient and rebelled against the quintessons

Sometime during this period Primes rule the transformers and have knights that they send to explore the universe to find planets to harvest energon from. Knights find earth. Nothing there but dinobones and give the go ahead to the primes to come on down to earth and harvest the sun

40,000 to 10,000 b.c. Primes get around to harvesting earth sun but find that humans have evolved and are intelligent and the fallen rebels. Matrix is hidden.

Between 10,000 and present day the Great War starts cybertron is destroyed. Megatron makes a deal with sentinel. Tells him They can rebuild cybertron because he has found the cube on earth and with the space bridge they can use humans to rebuild. Megatron goes after cube and crashes. Sentinel gets shot down still manages to crash on the moon.

Present day megatron tries to get the cube. Fails. Gives up on the sentinel plan because he can't turn him back on. The fallen finds out megatron is on earth flies down to harvest the sun for Energon because the decepticon babies are dying. Optimus kills the fallen. Megatron tricks Optimus to restart sentinel and we have dotm. Then all the **** in AOE happens.

Sometime during all of this lockdown gets contracted by the quintessons and captures the knights who must have been traveling for a very long time because Optimus just thinks they are a legend. Also, they must not have found any planets between when they found earth for the primes and present day because their alt mode is still dinobones.

Does this sound right or am I missing something?

Thanks, glad to finally be a member, been reading the site forever!
Rudywilde
Mini-Con
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:28 am

Re: Movie Continuity

Postby Counterpunch » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:01 pm

Motto: "...and I used to be such a nice guy."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
Seems right to me.

I'm sure there are some details that may change bits of that, but I think you've essentially got it (as much as anyone does).
Image
User avatar
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
Posts: 15238
News Credits: 68
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 9:56 pm
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Re: Movie Continuity

Postby Rex Prime » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:04 pm

Motto: "I Have Two Choices, Victory Or Death"
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Forgot about the humans and the Hoover Dam expermintation parts, but that's about it. Other than that the Continuity you got is correct :D
User avatar
Rex Prime
Vehicon
Posts: 328
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:04 pm
Location: Canada, Guelph
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 9
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Re: Movie Continuity

Postby Clunker » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:31 pm

Motto: ""Can't teach old bots new tricks""
Weapon: Kinetic Energy Friction Rifle
So the dinobots are the knights sent out to investigate life on worlds?
User avatar
Clunker
Mini-Con
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:10 pm
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Rank: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 5
Skill: 8

Re: Movie Continuity

Postby Rudywilde » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:13 pm

If the bay verse decides to follow what the "knights" were in other media
Rudywilde
Mini-Con
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:28 am

Re: Movie Continuity

Postby hehe » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:35 pm

Thanks for starting this.
hehe
Mini-Con
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:18 am

Re: Movie Continuity

Postby RSDADDIMUS2 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:17 am

Motto: ""Freedom is the right of all Nacho Cheese.""
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Except for Sector 7,your timeline is pretty tight. :DANCE:
Image

I love the Original G1 cartoon,Beast Wars and the Live action Movieverse.....Deal With IT!!
User avatar
RSDADDIMUS2
Fuzor
Posts: 236
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:10 pm
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7

Re: Movie Continuity

Postby chivesbot20 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:55 am

My question is why go after the cube when you have the space bridge
chivesbot20
Fuzor
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:45 pm

Re: Movie Continuity

Postby Blast Cannon » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:58 am

Motto: ""Life is all about risks and it requires you to jump. Don't be a person who has to look back and wonder what they would have or could have had. No one lives forever.""
Weapon: Dual Lasers
Yeah, you've got it. Load of shite but I've stopped worrying about trying to understand what the hell is going on storyline wise. Just enjoy them as kablammo movies like I do.
Image

It's safe to assume that I'm just taking the piss.
User avatar
Blast Cannon
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9864
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2002 2:51 am
Location: Manchester, UK
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Rank: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: Movie Continuity

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:25 am

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
The whole timeline as we know it - http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Movie_timeline
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16951
News Credits: 108
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Movie Continuity

Postby Rudywilde » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:21 pm

I was wondering that cube/ space bridge issue too. Only thing I can think of was that they needed the cube for bot production, where it was (Earth) was as good a planet as any since it had the human workforce and when they were done re building cybertron they could go ahead and use the pyramid sun harvester for a bunch of energon.

I don't like how earth keeps being important to the bots though. Too many times if you add the time that it was terra formed and the time the knights visited.
Rudywilde
Mini-Con
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:28 am

Re: Movie Continuity

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:43 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Rudywilde wrote:65 Million years ago quintessons came to earth and dropped a seed which killed the dinosaurs but creates transformium that they use to make their robots (which they power on with the cube)
The identity of the Creators is not known. They might be the Quintessons, but they might also not be. At this time, to call them the Quintessons would be disingenuous.

Rudywilde wrote:Sometime between 65 million b.c and 40,000 b.c. the transformers became sentient and rebelled against the quintessons
The events that transpire between the time that the Creators get to making their creations and the time that the Transformers view the AllSpark as their source of life are unknown, so we can't say for certain if there was some sort of rebellion against their makers.

Rudywilde wrote:Sometime during this period Primes rule the transformers and have knights that they send to explore the universe to find planets to harvest energon from. Knights find earth. Nothing there but dinobones and give the go ahead to the primes to come on down to earth and harvest the sun
The Seekers were the ones who sought out suns to be harvested for the Primes. It is currently unknown as to how the Knights factor into this.

Rudywilde wrote:40,000 to 10,000 b.c. Primes get around to harvesting earth sun but find that humans have evolved and are intelligent and the fallen rebels. Matrix is hidden.
Not sure where the 40,000 BC part comes from.

Rudywilde wrote:Between 10,000 and present day the Great War starts cybertron is destroyed. Megatron makes a deal with sentinel. Tells him They can rebuild cybertron because he has found the cube on earth and with the space bridge they can use humans to rebuild. Megatron goes after cube and crashes. Sentinel gets shot down still manages to crash on the moon.
Except that the deal between Megatron and Sentinel was made before the AllSpark was blasted into space. Earth was chosen by the two because of its being the planet that Harvester was still on. Neither were expecting the AllSpark to get shot into space, much less for it to land on Earth.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16951
News Credits: 108
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Movie Continuity

Postby Rudywilde » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:42 pm

40,000 bc to 10,000 bc is the time prehistoric man was on earth. IE the only factual piece of information in this thread and in Transformers.
Rudywilde
Mini-Con
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:28 am

Re: Movie Continuity

Postby Rudywilde » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:46 pm

Also if the all spark was blasted from another galaxy and also accidentally landed on earth the movies are even dumber. Chances of that are the closest number to zero that exists.

Wishing I didn't try to figure out the movie continuity. It's true what they say, ignorance is bliss.
Rudywilde
Mini-Con
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:28 am

Re: Movie Continuity

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:10 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Rudywilde wrote:Also if the all spark was blasted from another galaxy and also accidentally landed on earth the movies are even dumber. Chances of that are the closest number to zero that exists.

Wishing I didn't try to figure out the movie continuity. It's true what they say, ignorance is bliss.
The AllSpark landed on Earth not by accident. It was drawn their by the presence of the Harvester.

A lot of the answers to questions raised by the movies that the movies themselves do not answer can only be found in supplementary material such as comics and novels.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16951
News Credits: 108
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9


Return to Transformers General Discussion