MP-12 Masterpiec​e Sideswipe To Get 2nd Production Run

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: MP-12 Masterpiec​e Sideswipe To Get 2nd Production Run

Postby Stormrider » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:04 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
lol. How do we know these are not the KOs?
Image
Stormrider
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8618
News Credits: 37
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:24 am
Location: USA

Re: MP-12 Masterpiec​e Sideswipe To Get 2nd Production Run

Postby Stormrider » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:05 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
Sorry, double post.
Image
Stormrider
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8618
News Credits: 37
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:24 am
Location: USA

Re: MP-12 Masterpiec​e Sideswipe To Get 2nd Production Run

Postby DreadstarCybph » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:03 pm

Who said it was KO?

1st.: the site the guy was pointing to is Taobao. An auction site. People can list prices their way down the market price to scam people just like they do on ebay.

2nd. : I checked out the other sites he pointed to. Many of those are pre-orders. the 100 yuan to 200 yuan down are pre order payment. None refundable if you cancelled. They will charge you the remaining balance once the item comes in.
User avatar
DreadstarCybph
Mini-Con
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:25 am
Buy from DreadstarCybph on eBay

January?

Postby Cyberpath » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:44 pm

I want one now!

Hey, what about Red Alert? (it's a conspiracy!)
User avatar
Cyberpath
Godmaster
Posts: 1604
News Credits: 200
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:16 am

Re: MP-12 Masterpiec​e Sideswipe To Get 2nd Production Run

Postby optimuscarlos » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:03 pm

Motto: "A custom toy is not a toy, is art"
Weapon: Dual Photon Launchers
TimothyR wrote:
optimuscarlos wrote:I will get these little guys only if there is a US version at $50.
Otherwise I will stick to my binaltech, which are a far more quality figures.


Binaltechs are awesome, I own all of them, but they don't compare to the MP sideswipe mold. Just because binaltechs use die cast doesn't mean they're better quality.

Binaltechs are accurate cars that try to transform into robots, the engineering on some of those molds leaves a lot to be desired.. Whereas sideswipe is perfect in both modes. And there's no comparison between mp sideswipe and binaltech sideswipe. For your sake, I hope there is a hasbro release.


For me, the toy is actually just a deluxe size figure with not a very complex or original transformation. The only must have feature is his G1 look, that makes him worthy in the scale at you are a G1 Fan, but not really worthy if you look for: size, plastic quality, original engineering, paint application and transformation complexity, what is that I look for a $80-$100 toy.

Don't get me wrong, I like the figure. I had hold the toy at my hand and I think is awesome for being accurate to his cartoon counterpart but for me that worths only $40-$50.

Just my opinion.
User avatar
optimuscarlos
Micromaster
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:48 am
Location: Costa Rica
Strength: 9
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: MP-12 Masterpiec​e Sideswipe To Get 2nd Production Run

Postby megatronus » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:48 pm

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
optimuscarlos wrote:
TimothyR wrote:
optimuscarlos wrote:I will get these little guys only if there is a US version at $50.
Otherwise I will stick to my binaltech, which are a far more quality figures.


Binaltechs are awesome, I own all of them, but they don't compare to the MP sideswipe mold. Just because binaltechs use die cast doesn't mean they're better quality.

Binaltechs are accurate cars that try to transform into robots, the engineering on some of those molds leaves a lot to be desired.. Whereas sideswipe is perfect in both modes. And there's no comparison between mp sideswipe and binaltech sideswipe. For your sake, I hope there is a hasbro release.


For me, the toy is actually just a deluxe size figure with not a very complex or original transformation. The only must have feature is his G1 look, that makes him worthy in the scale at you are a G1 Fan, but not really worthy if you look for: size, plastic quality, original engineering, paint application and transformation complexity, what is that I look for a $80-$100 toy.

Don't get me wrong, I like the figure. I had hold the toy at my hand and I think is awesome for being accurate to his cartoon counterpart but for me that worths only $40-$50.

Just my opinion.


So...

-MP Sideswipe is definitely larger than a deluxe. He's closer to voyager sized.
-Though the transformation is not overly complex, it is far from simple, and the consensus is it is a very satisfying one.
-The engineering is indisputably original. I (amicably) challenge you to find anything else quite like it.

If price is the deal-breaker for you, that's fine... but don't knock the toy based on misrepresentations of its other dimensions.
Image

Check out my eBay Store!
User avatar
megatronus
Podcast Staff
Posts: 5236
News Credits: 27
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:57 pm
Location: NYC
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Re: MP-12 Masterpiec​e Sideswipe To Get 2nd Production Run

Postby optimuscarlos » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:35 pm

Motto: "A custom toy is not a toy, is art"
Weapon: Dual Photon Launchers
megatronus wrote:
optimuscarlos wrote:
TimothyR wrote:
optimuscarlos wrote:I will get these little guys only if there is a US version at $50.
Otherwise I will stick to my binaltech, which are a far more quality figures.


Binaltechs are awesome, I own all of them, but they don't compare to the MP sideswipe mold. Just because binaltechs use die cast doesn't mean they're better quality.

Binaltechs are accurate cars that try to transform into robots, the engineering on some of those molds leaves a lot to be desired.. Whereas sideswipe is perfect in both modes. And there's no comparison between mp sideswipe and binaltech sideswipe. For your sake, I hope there is a hasbro release.


For me, the toy is actually just a deluxe size figure with not a very complex or original transformation. The only must have feature is his G1 look, that makes him worthy in the scale at you are a G1 Fan, but not really worthy if you look for: size, plastic quality, original engineering, paint application and transformation complexity, what is that I look for a $80-$100 toy.

Don't get me wrong, I like the figure. I had hold the toy at my hand and I think is awesome for being accurate to his cartoon counterpart but for me that worths only $40-$50.

Just my opinion.


So...

-MP Sideswipe is definitely larger than a deluxe. He's closer to voyager sized.
-Though the transformation is not overly complex, it is far from simple, and the consensus is it is a very satisfying one.
-The engineering is indisputably original. I (amicably) challenge you to find anything else quite like it.

If price is the deal-breaker for you, that's fine... but don't knock the toy based on misrepresentations of its other dimensions.


I am not knocking anything. As I said, I like the toy, but I can't see where the $80-$100 are invested on him, compare to other lines. I can see more engineering and originality on a movieverse deluxe, and it's $15.
All I'm saying is... the toy is fine but the price is overated.

Anyway, is my opinion, Im'not buying the toy, but I'm not trying to convince anyone from doing it.

Just speaking my mind, here. :DANCE:
User avatar
optimuscarlos
Micromaster
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:48 am
Location: Costa Rica
Strength: 9
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: MP-12 Masterpiec​e Sideswipe To Get 2nd Production Run

Postby Stormrider » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:23 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
optimuscarlos wrote:
megatronus wrote:
optimuscarlos wrote:
TimothyR wrote:
optimuscarlos wrote:I will get these little guys only if there is a US version at $50.
Otherwise I will stick to my binaltech, which are a far more quality figures.


Binaltechs are awesome, I own all of them, but they don't compare to the MP sideswipe mold. Just because binaltechs use die cast doesn't mean they're better quality.

Binaltechs are accurate cars that try to transform into robots, the engineering on some of those molds leaves a lot to be desired.. Whereas sideswipe is perfect in both modes. And there's no comparison between mp sideswipe and binaltech sideswipe. For your sake, I hope there is a hasbro release.


For me, the toy is actually just a deluxe size figure with not a very complex or original transformation. The only must have feature is his G1 look, that makes him worthy in the scale at you are a G1 Fan, but not really worthy if you look for: size, plastic quality, original engineering, paint application and transformation complexity, what is that I look for a $80-$100 toy.

Don't get me wrong, I like the figure. I had hold the toy at my hand and I think is awesome for being accurate to his cartoon counterpart but for me that worths only $40-$50.

Just my opinion.


So...

-MP Sideswipe is definitely larger than a deluxe. He's closer to voyager sized.
-Though the transformation is not overly complex, it is far from simple, and the consensus is it is a very satisfying one.
-The engineering is indisputably original. I (amicably) challenge you to find anything else quite like it.

If price is the deal-breaker for you, that's fine... but don't knock the toy based on misrepresentations of its other dimensions.


I am not knocking anything. As I said, I like the toy, but I can't see where the $80-$100 are invested on him, compare to other lines. I can see more engineering and originality on a movieverse deluxe, and it's $15.
All I'm saying is... the toy is fine but the price is overated.

Anyway, is my opinion, Im'not buying the toy, but I'm not trying to convince anyone from doing it.

Just speaking my mind, here. :DANCE:



I do agree that the MP Sideswipe's inflated price can be hard to swallow. The one thing to take into consideration is the mark up price you are paying because these are imported. MP Sideswipe & Alert sold for $60 in Japan, which is a decent price when you consider that scout sized 3rd figures are priced almost the same.
Image
Stormrider
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8618
News Credits: 37
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:24 am
Location: USA


Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Ending Soon On eBay

Thundercracker TRANSFORMERS Armada Max-Cons Class 2002 figure 99% COMPLETE - Time Remaining: 1 day 19 hours 51 minutes 31 seconds
Transformers Scout Class Construct Bots Ironhide & Starscream Action Figures - Time Remaining: 2 days 17 hours 38 minutes 15 seconds
BB7 Transformers Masterpiece MP-11SW MP11SW Skywarp G1 figure instock NEW - Time Remaining: 8 days 1 hour 50 minutes 1 second
Transformers Destron Soundwave Figure Dolls Takara Tomy 2007 Resale Unused Mint - Time Remaining: 7 days 22 hours 55 minutes 8 seconds
Transformers Hasbro Platinum Edition Cyclonus Scourge Sweep in stock - Time Remaining: 2 days 20 hours 7 minutes 52 seconds
Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-28 HOT RODIMUS Action Figure G1+COIN hot rod! - Time Remaining: 15 days 2 hours 53 minutes 42 seconds
Transformers TRU G1 Commemorative Series VII Rodimus Prime NEW factory sealed - Time Remaining: 1 day 13 hours 26 minutes 49 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers UNITED TOKYO Exclusive WFC DarkSide Optimus Megatron - Time Remaining: 2 days 7 hours 13 minutes 42 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory
Twincast / Podcast #156:
"Gestalt Theory"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, September 24th, 2016