Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Official images of Masterpiece Prowl, Smokescreen and Streak (Bluestreak)

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: MP Prowl & Streak - Official Images

Postby Craver2707 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:41 am

Motto: "I'm not a coward, I've just never been tested. I'd like to think that if I was I would pass."
Weapon: Specially Modified Vaporator
Sabrblade wrote:
megatronus wrote:The suspense is actually killing me.

Who's left for the '84 lineup?
Hound
Ironhide
Jazz
Ligier (Mirage)
Ratchet
Sunstreaker
Trailbreaker

Cliff (Cliffjumper)
Gong (Brawn)
Gears
Charger (Windcharger)
Drag (Huffer)

A smaller Megatron

Bumble (Bumblebee) and Wheeljack are already confirmed.

I just wonder, if and when, they get to Hound if he'll be a Wrangler or a Willys. Or if they even mess with him considering the level of awesome that the Binaltech was.
Craver2707
Mini-Con
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:23 pm
Buy from Craver2707 on eBay

Re: MP Prowl & Streak - Official Images

Postby megatronus » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:49 am

Motto: "I have better things to do tonight than die!"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Sabrblade wrote:Hound
Ironhide
Jazz
Ligier (Mirage)
Ratchet
Sunstreaker
Trailbreaker

Cliff (Cliffjumper)
Gong (Brawn)
Gears
Charger (Windcharger)
Drag (Huffer)
Thanks! This is a great list to have.

Sabrblade wrote:A smaller Megatron
No Shockwave or Reflector? :-?

Sabrblade wrote:Bumble (Bumblebee) and Wheeljack are already confirmed.
I preordered these guys the very day preorders were posted. Huzzah!
Image
User avatar
megatronus
Gestalt
Posts: 2412
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:57 am
Location: NYC
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Re: MP Prowl & Streak - Official Images

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:56 am

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
megatronus wrote:No Shockwave or Reflector? :-?
They weren't toys released in 1984.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16373
News Credits: 101
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: MP Prowl & Streak - Official Images

Postby megatronus » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:00 am

Motto: "I have better things to do tonight than die!"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Sabrblade wrote:
megatronus wrote:No Shockwave or Reflector? :-?
They weren't toys released in 1984.

Ahhh - I see the confusion. When I say '84 lineup, I'm generally referring to the cartoon.
Image
User avatar
megatronus
Gestalt
Posts: 2412
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:57 am
Location: NYC
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Re: MP Prowl & Streak - Official Images

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:06 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Sabrblade wrote:
megatronus wrote:No Shockwave or Reflector? :-?
They weren't toys released in 1984.


Reflector was released in the first year in Japan, 1985. The US had to wait another year :P
Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) BW II VS-18 Powerhug vs. Autocrusher
3) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
4) Arms Micron Terrorcon Bumblebee
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

Preparing to move to the US!

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14326
News Credits: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: Delft, the Netherlands; McKinney, Texas, USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: MP Prowl & Streak - Official Images

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:08 am

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
megatronus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
megatronus wrote:No Shockwave or Reflector? :-?
They weren't toys released in 1984.

Ahhh - I see the confusion. When I say '84 lineup, I'm generally referring to the cartoon.
Well, they weren't in the '84 comics, either (which were the first TF fiction ever, coming in before, and even outliving, the cartoon).

Or at least, they weren't part of the main story in the '84 comics (any appearances by them were just nameless background filler or, in Shockwave's case, a cameo lead-in to the 1985 comics)
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16373
News Credits: 101
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: MP Prowl & Streak - Official Images

Postby kirbenvost » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:09 am

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Craver2707 wrote:I just wonder, if and when, they get to Hound if he'll be a Wrangler or a Willys. Or if they even mess with him considering the level of awesome that the Binaltech was.


Mitsubishi would be most accurate. ;) G1 accuracy is the name of the game, so I'm sure he'd be even better than the Alt/BT mold.

These figures are looking so good, can't wait. Looks like the paint issue on Streak's crest has been fixed too, so that's nice.
Image
------------------------------
My Collection
------------------------------
For Sale/Trade
User avatar
kirbenvost
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8707
News Credits: 11
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:57 am
Location: Vancouver BC
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Re: MP Prowl & Streak - Official Images

Postby megatronus » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:13 am

Motto: "I have better things to do tonight than die!"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Sabrblade wrote:
megatronus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
megatronus wrote:No Shockwave or Reflector? :-?
They weren't toys released in 1984.

Ahhh - I see the confusion. When I say '84 lineup, I'm generally referring to the cartoon.
Well, they weren't in the '84 comics, either (which were the first TF fiction ever, coming in before, and even outliving, the cartoon).

Or at least, they weren't part of the main story in the '84 comics (any appearances by them were just nameless background filler or, in Shockwave's case, a cameo lead-in to the 1985 comics)

Not a reader of the original comics. I read Autocracy and liked it, and hear MTME is amazing, so I ordered all the trade paperbacks of that series (and have the Monstrocity TP on preorder).

As seminal/pivotal as the comics are, I'm an animation guy through and through (which would make sense - I was born in '87, and watched Transformers reruns/video tapes until Beast Wars came out). Sometimes I forget people got into this hobby through other mediums. ;)
Image
User avatar
megatronus
Gestalt
Posts: 2412
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:57 am
Location: NYC
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Re: MP Prowl & Streak - Official Images

Postby Cyberpath » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:10 am

El Duque wrote:Takara Tomy staff designer Shogo Hasui has tweeted an image of their upcoming Transformers Masterpiece Nissan trio MP-17 Prowl, MP-18 Bluestreak, MP-19 Smokescreen. Prowl is due out late this month, followed by Bluestreak in October, and Smokescreen in December. Check out the image below.

Image

Beautiful work.

This is how a robot that transforms into a car should look like -- handsome, proportional, heroic, with distinct features.

And the fact that they are based on actual cars makes it even better.
User avatar
Cyberpath
Vehicon
Posts: 392
News Credits: 28
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:16 am

Re: MP Prowl & Streak - Official Images

Postby xyl360 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:05 pm

Sexy. I cannot wait until I get my paws on them, especially Smokescreen :D!
Image
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come.

And you will know my name is MEGATRON when I lay my vengeance upon you!
User avatar
xyl360
Gestalt
Posts: 2938
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:54 am

Re: MP Prowl & Streak - Official Images

Postby Ravage XK » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:32 pm

Motto: "Never mess with anything that has bigger or more wheels that you."
Weapon: 20 Megavolt Stun Rifle
Arrrrrrgggghhhh, just gimme!

These cannot be delivered fast enough. This is like collecting Binaltech again but with the proper alt/robot modes. I love this scale of figure the most.

Can humans hibernate? Can I just sleep until the first one arrives? Yes? That way I only have to wait until tomorrow.....with added bonus that I will miss a load of X Factor crap on the TV...DOUBLE BONUS.
Image

TF COUNT: 301 >> Latest Addition: MP G2 Sideswipe, FT Scoria(not Slag)
User avatar
Ravage XK
City Commander
Posts: 3922
News Credits: 8
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 10:38 am
Location: Maidstone, Kent, UK
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Re: MP Prowl & Streak - Official Images

Postby EagleTron » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:15 pm

Motto: "I laugh out loud for no reason at all after I have won a Great Battle. The very last Bot Standing!"
Weapon: Gamma-Ray Laser Cannons
Them colors on Prowl and Smokescreen are smacking me rite in the face in a good may. Takara is the Man for making this masterpiece line better and better. That Bluestreak figure that's not even blue should be that last one to come out in December instead of Smokescreen.
Optimus: The Decepticons are a species of life just like us Autobots. They deserve a choice.
Bumblebee: You are rite Optimus, your compassion and courage is what makes you a great leader, bearer of the matrix.
Grimlock: I will Crush the Decepticons, I will Destroy, Dinobots transform, I'm ready for anything, Attaaaaack, No survivorsssssss.
EagleTron
Minibot
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:43 am
Location: brooklyn, Ny
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: 10+
Courage: 6
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 9

Re: MP Prowl & Streak - Official Images

Postby TimothyR » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:58 pm

Ravage XK wrote:Arrrrrrgggghhhh, just gimme!

These cannot be delivered fast enough. This is like collecting Binaltech again but with the proper alt/robot modes. I love this scale of figure the most.

Can humans hibernate? Can I just sleep until the first one arrives? Yes? That way I only have to wait until tomorrow.....with added bonus that I will miss a load of X Factor crap on the TV...DOUBLE BONUS.


man, i absolutely 100% agree with you.

i seriously cannot wait for these things.. i haven't been this excited for a toy since.... well, i don't know when. i LOVE the look of hot rod.. but he's not put together as well as mp10.. soundwave.. and the sideswipe mold.

when i was a kid, behind prime, prowl's death was the most sad to me. i just loved the look of him, the crest on his head, the door wings, the front of the car being his chest, all of those things are awesome.

EagleTron wrote:Them colors on Prowl and Smokescreen are smacking me rite in the face in a good may. Takara is the Man for making this masterpiece line better and better. That Bluestreak figure that's not even blue should be that last one to come out in December instead of Smokescreen.


yeah.. but you gotta save the best for last. (or at least the most unique)

i really hope he gets released before christmas. i hate when toys get released at the end of january.

Cyberpath wrote:
El Duque wrote:Takara Tomy staff designer Shogo Hasui has tweeted an image of their upcoming Transformers Masterpiece Nissan trio MP-17 Prowl, MP-18 Bluestreak, MP-19 Smokescreen. Prowl is due out late this month, followed by Bluestreak in October, and Smokescreen in December. Check out the image below.

Image

Beautiful work.

This is how a robot that transforms into a car should look like -- handsome, proportional, heroic, with distinct features.

And the fact that they are based on actual cars makes it even better.


hey now, that's a bit discriminatory! there's room for all kinds of robots in the transformers universe!

but i do agree, they are handsome.

hopefully there's no running issues with the mold.
TimothyR
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 521
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:12 pm

Re: MP Prowl & Streak - Official Images

Postby Naked Magnus » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:33 pm

This picture makes me want to own two of each, so that I can display them exactly like this: one in bot and one in alt mode.
Image
Formerly known as "revengeofstarscream"
Naked Magnus
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 510
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:45 pm

Re: MP Prowl & Streak - Official Images

Postby TimothyR » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:27 pm

if hasbro ever gets around to releasing these.. i wonder how horribly they'll screw up smokescreen... compared to the henkei version, the hasbro deluxe was just atrocious.
TimothyR
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 521
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:12 pm

Re: MP Prowl & Streak - Official Images

Postby Naked Magnus » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:31 pm

TimothyR wrote:if hasbro ever gets around to releasing these.. i wonder how horribly they'll screw up smokescreen... compared to the henkei version, the hasbro deluxe was just atrocious.

Preach it. I told myself that I could live with the hasbro deluxe version to save cost, but I eventually could not stand it and bought the henkei version.
Image
Formerly known as "revengeofstarscream"
Naked Magnus
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 510
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:45 pm

Re: MP Prowl & Streak - Official Images

Postby TimothyR » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:51 pm

Naked Magnus wrote:
TimothyR wrote:if hasbro ever gets around to releasing these.. i wonder how horribly they'll screw up smokescreen... compared to the henkei version, the hasbro deluxe was just atrocious.

Preach it. I told myself that I could live with the hasbro deluxe version to save cost, but I eventually could not stand it and bought the henkei version.


i bought the hasbro version just to hold me over until the takara version was released lol.

it's insane how much better the henkei version looks.. same goes for dinobot. i don't quite understand it.. is it cost? or is takara just trying harder? i know that takara has more competition in japan.. but still, why doesn't hasbro care about giving us the best possible product. i can get over the chrome.. especially when it comes to classic figures. but the paint being so much worse baffles me.

Image

Image

i mean, c'mon.
TimothyR
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 521
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:12 pm

Masterpiece Prowl

Postby Cyberpath » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:38 am

New photo from Shogo Hasui:

Image
User avatar
Cyberpath
Vehicon
Posts: 392
News Credits: 28
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:16 am

Re: MP Prowl & Streak - Official Images

Postby El Duque » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:37 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Takara Tomy have published their official product pages for Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl and MP-18 Bluestreak! The wait for the first of the Nissan brothers is almost over, Prowl is scheduled to release in a little over a week, with Bluestreak releasing in Ocotber. No new images, but we've mirrored the content of the pages below, enjoy!

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
User avatar
El Duque
News Admin
Posts: 9892
News Credits: 88
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:57 pm
Location: tornado alley

Re: MP Prowl & Streak - Official Images

Postby Cyberpath » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:04 am

I don't understand, did they mean that the current Masterpiece scale started with Rodimus Prime, or that they are working to improve Rodimus to fit better with the new toys?
User avatar
Cyberpath
Vehicon
Posts: 392
News Credits: 28
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:16 am

Re: MP Prowl & Streak - Official Images

Postby MagnetarPrime » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:13 am

Motto: "If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Carl Sagan"
These MP figures look awesome,, too bad I'm not collecting MP at the moment...maybe some day I will :APPLAUSE:
Image
MagnetarPrime
Minibot
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 11:16 pm
Location: Moon Base 1 / Florida, USA
Watch MagnetarPrime on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: MP Prowl & Streak - Official Images

Postby MagnetarPrime » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:20 am

Motto: "If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Carl Sagan"
These MP figures look awesome,, too bad I'm not collecting MP at the moment...maybe some day I will :APPLAUSE:
Image
MagnetarPrime
Minibot
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 11:16 pm
Location: Moon Base 1 / Florida, USA
Watch MagnetarPrime on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: MP Prowl & Streak - Official Images

Postby Naked Magnus » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:46 am

Cyberpath wrote:I don't understand, did they mean that the current Masterpiece scale started with Rodimus Prime, or that they are working to improve Rodimus to fit better with the new toys?

I am pretty sure it means that the current scale started with Rodimus.
Image
Formerly known as "revengeofstarscream"
Naked Magnus
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 510
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:45 pm

Re: MP Prowl & Streak - Official Images

Postby VioMeTriX » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:50 am

Motto: "Be Quick or Be Dead"
Weapon: Light-Saber Sword
i think they meant the scale started with rodimus, but not hot rod... even theough technically rodimus is the right scale in robot and vehicle mode, hot rod is way out of scale. i think we just need new figures of both and call it a day...
Image

*I cry everytime I watch "Code of Hero"...
User avatar
VioMeTriX
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 506
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:34 am
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 3
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: 6
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10
Skill: 8

Re: MP Prowl & Streak - Official Images

Postby megatronus » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:54 am

Motto: "I have better things to do tonight than die!"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Can someone point me to this Rodimus reference? I don't see it anywhere...
Image
User avatar
megatronus
Gestalt
Posts: 2412
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:57 am
Location: NYC
Buy from megatronus on eBay

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014