Page 3 of 19

Re: MP Prowl & Streak - Official Images

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:28 pm
by RAcast
Rhinox23 wrote:
sdn1337 wrote:I'll probably wait until hasbro releases these though considering they do more show accurate decos and obviously due to the price.


I think you're taking a very big risk in assuming there will be a Hasbro release. As of now, there is no word on a Sideswipe/Red Alert release and there will soon be no more of the Takara ones either. TFSource said it was getting in its last shipment of Red Alerts and that will be it. Since there has been no mention about these and there has been about Soundwave, they could very well never be seen stateside.

So, Prowl and co. may not make it here either, and do you really want to miss out on their awesomeness? To me, it's not worth the risk. Besides, they'd probably cost $40-$45 here so they're not that much more expensive. Just something to think about.

Keeping in mind that the retail number on these is between $80-$100, a $40 IS a lot. :lol: Reducing the price by half of what Takara is asking would make them a lot more palatable to most people. You could scream at me all day about "maybe we will, maybe we won't," and I'd just sit here and wait. Because after all, we're more likely to than not to, eventually.

Re: MP Prowl & Streak - Official Images

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:37 pm
by Kibble
These guys look great, but that most recent pic makes it seem like the outside foot might be a bit Alternator-ish looking. I'd like to see a side view...

Re: MP Prowl & Streak - Official Images

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:58 pm
by xyl360
sdn1337 wrote:I'm pretty sure my last post talking about how takara should release actual pictures of these mps was the same day they released them. :lol: I had a feeling they would that day too.

But about the figures. Awesome, great, wonderful, and nice. I can't wait to see how smokescreen is going to look. I'll probably wait until hasbro releases these though considering they do more show accurate decos and obviously due to the price.

I'm more for the show accuracy than the toy accuracy because for the passed couple of months I've watched a majority of G1 (up to the hilarious 3rd season... i dont know why i just find a lot of the episodes comical) and I didn't grow up with those transformers figures.

The only g1 related figure i actually own is the 2003 reissue of Ultra Magnus (with the long missiles due to safety issues) that i got for Christmas that year. It's one of the few figures that i actually have out on one of my shelves considering Ultra Magnus is one of my favorite characters now.

But yeah... figures are sick. Now let's get on with the rest of the G1 cast. I mean EVERYONE.

You may need to adjust your TV if you believe that Hasbro's are more show accurate. With the exception of the eyes, nothing on Hasbro's version of MP-10 was more accurate than Takara's (far less so, actually, especially the tones of red and blue).

The same goes for Soundwave. The toy had yellow eyes (just like Hasbro's) and the show had red (like Takara's).

I understand not wanting to spend that much for the Takara releases, but calling them less show-accurate than Hasbro's is quite an inaccurate statement.

Re: MP Prowl & Streak - Official Images

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:00 am
by Flashwave
RAcast wrote:
Rhinox23 wrote:
sdn1337 wrote:I'll probably wait until hasbro releases these though considering they do more show accurate decos and obviously due to the price.


I think you're taking a very big risk in assuming there will be a Hasbro release. As of now, there is no word on a Sideswipe/Red Alert release and there will soon be no more of the Takara ones either. TFSource said it was getting in its last shipment of Red Alerts and that will be it. Since there has been no mention about these and there has been about Soundwave, they could very well never be seen stateside.

So, Prowl and co. may not make it here either, and do you really want to miss out on their awesomeness? To me, it's not worth the risk. Besides, they'd probably cost $40-$45 here so they're not that much more expensive. Just something to think about.

Keeping in mind that the retail number on these is between $80-$100, a $40 IS a lot. :lol: Reducing the price by half of what Takara is asking would make them a lot more palatable to most people. You could scream at me all day about "maybe we will, maybe we won't," and I'd just sit here and wait. Because after all, we're more likely to than not to, eventually.


Two words: Licensing Fees

Hasbro's already said 'Swipe was done with Lamborghini's approval, and according to their panel (and don't ask me which one, but I read it on here) that wasn't in their plans at this time. Now, I won't say Never, Hasbro's pulled some doozy surprises in the past, but this isn't as easy a Masterpiece to import over as a generic truck Prime or a Dinosaur shaped Grimlock. Or a tape deck

Re: MP Prowl & Streak - Official Images

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:55 am
by RAcast
Flashwave wrote:
RAcast wrote:Keeping in mind that the retail number on these is between $80-$100, a $40 IS a lot. :lol: Reducing the price by half of what Takara is asking would make them a lot more palatable to most people. You could scream at me all day about "maybe we will, maybe we won't," and I'd just sit here and wait. Because after all, we're more likely to than not to, eventually.


Two words: Licensing Fees

Hasbro's already said 'Swipe was done with Lamborghini's approval, and according to their panel (and don't ask me which one, but I read it on here) that wasn't in their plans at this time. Now, I won't say Never, Hasbro's pulled some doozy surprises in the past, but this isn't as easy a Masterpiece to import over as a generic truck Prime or a Dinosaur shaped Grimlock. Or a tape deck

^ Bolded important text.
That's my point. ;) I'm probably abnormally patient though. :lol: Personally, I'm waiting on the G2 redeco, that'll make it harder to be patient.

Re: MP Prowl & Streak - Official Images

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:59 am
by MGrotusque
I'm gushing over these two releases. They're absolutely perfect! But i've never been a fan of either character so i'm not going to pull the trigger and pre order. What i really want is a Smokescreen.
His G1 colours will be the "pop" that i'm looking for in my MP collection and on my shelf. As a personality he's solid and i'm a big fan of Datsuns. A lot.
Prowl is a prick and Bluestreak is a wanker. Don't like em and i;m not paying good money to have em on my shelf. :D

Killer MP figs though....can't argue that.

Re: MP Prowl & Streak - Official Images

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:06 am
by wewyllenium
I hope their back sides would look somewhat like the cartoon as well.

Re: MP Prowl & Streak - Official Images

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:16 am
by Sinnertwin
wewyllenium wrote:I hope their back sides would look somewhat like the cartoon as well.


Better than! Squats have done wonders for their glutes. Im sure you'll be impressed ;)

Re: MP Prowl & Streak - Official Images

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:27 am
by Rhinox23
RAcast wrote:
Flashwave wrote:
RAcast wrote:Keeping in mind that the retail number on these is between $80-$100, a $40 IS a lot. :lol: Reducing the price by half of what Takara is asking would make them a lot more palatable to most people. You could scream at me all day about "maybe we will, maybe we won't," and I'd just sit here and wait. Because after all, we're more likely to than not to, eventually.


Two words: Licensing Fees

Hasbro's already said 'Swipe was done with Lamborghini's approval, and according to their panel (and don't ask me which one, but I read it on here) that wasn't in their plans at this time. Now, I won't say Never, Hasbro's pulled some doozy surprises in the past, but this isn't as easy a Masterpiece to import over as a generic truck Prime or a Dinosaur shaped Grimlock. Or a tape deck

^ Bolded important text.
That's my point. ;) I'm probably abnormally patient though. :lol: Personally, I'm waiting on the G2 redeco, that'll make it harder to be patient.


I understand what you're saying. I'm just more risk averse than you. And you are more willing to be patient than I am. I realize that from $40 (likely US price) to $80 import price is double. But $40 is not that much money. I don't know if you have MP Sideswipe but he's well worth it in my opinion.

If you are correct, then you will definitely save some money by waiting. However, the risk is that they don't release him stateside. Then, if you want him you'll have to pay ridiculous scalper prices or forego getting him altogether. $120-160?...who knows, but the uncertainty is there. Also, there is no customer service to speak of with scalpers or on ebay. Yes, you could get your money back but they probably won't have nor offer replacements if there is a defect. Again, this is just a risk that I personally am not willing to take. Like I said in my first post, it's just something to think about now while everyone has the option of preordering the Takara version.

Re: MP Prowl & Streak - Official Images

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:34 am
by Deruji
Rhinox23 wrote:
sdn1337 wrote:I'll probably wait until hasbro releases these though considering they do more show accurate decos and obviously due to the price.


I think you're taking a very big risk in assuming there will be a Hasbro release. As of now, there is no word on a Sideswipe/Red Alert release and there will soon be no more of the Takara ones either. TFSource said it was getting in its last shipment of Red Alerts and that will be it. Since there has been no mention about these and there has been about Soundwave, they could very well never be seen stateside.

So, Prowl and co. may not make it here either, and do you really want to miss out on their awesomeness? To me, it's not worth the risk. Besides, they'd probably cost $40-$45 here so they're not that much more expensive. Just something to think about.


Pre-orders are up on hlj, they cost about $50, so you should get them now

Re: MP Prowl & Streak - Official Images

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:54 am
by RAcast
Rhinox23 wrote:
RAcast wrote:
Flashwave wrote:
RAcast wrote:Keeping in mind that the retail number on these is between $80-$100, a $40 IS a lot. :lol: Reducing the price by half of what Takara is asking would make them a lot more palatable to most people. You could scream at me all day about "maybe we will, maybe we won't," and I'd just sit here and wait. Because after all, we're more likely to than not to, eventually.


Two words: Licensing Fees

Hasbro's already said 'Swipe was done with Lamborghini's approval, and according to their panel (and don't ask me which one, but I read it on here) that wasn't in their plans at this time. Now, I won't say Never, Hasbro's pulled some doozy surprises in the past, but this isn't as easy a Masterpiece to import over as a generic truck Prime or a Dinosaur shaped Grimlock. Or a tape deck

^ Bolded important text.
That's my point. ;) I'm probably abnormally patient though. :lol: Personally, I'm waiting on the G2 redeco, that'll make it harder to be patient.


I understand what you're saying. I'm just more risk averse than you. And you are more willing to be patient than I am. I realize that from $40 (likely US price) to $80 import price is double. But $40 is not that much money. I don't know if you have MP Sideswipe but he's well worth it in my opinion.

If you are correct, then you will definitely save some money by waiting. However, the risk is that they don't release him stateside. Then, if you want him you'll have to pay ridiculous scalper prices or forego getting him altogether. $120-160?...who knows, but the uncertainty is there. Also, there is no customer service to speak of with scalpers or on ebay. Yes, you could get your money back but they probably won't have nor offer replacements if there is a defect. Again, this is just a risk that I personally am not willing to take. Like I said in my first post, it's just something to think about now while everyone has the option of preordering the Takara version.

Worse comes worse, I can always give it a pass. I do have a nostalgic soft spot for Sideswipe, but I'm very tight with what I let myself spend. There's nothing that won't either come along again at some point or there will be another better version at some point. :P

Re: HLJ store

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:10 am
by Cyberpath
I never heard of them before, are they good?

And is there a way to predict the shipping cost for pre-orders? It appears not.

Re: HLJ store

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:40 am
by Deruji
Cyberpath wrote:I never heard of them before, are they good?

And is there a way to predict the shipping cost for pre-orders? It appears not.


It depends on the weight of the item, which isn't known yet. I would suggest buying from them, even with shipping added you will not get it cheaper anywhere else.

They don't charge for pre-order, so you can still cancel if you change your mind.

Re: HLJ store

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:54 am
by Cyberpath
Deruji wrote:It depends on the weight of the item, which isn't known yet. I would suggest buying from them, even with shipping added you will not get it cheaper anywhere else.

They don't charge for pre-order, so you can still cancel if you change your mind.

Thanks! Just ordered! Very exciting. Hope everything goes smoothly with the shipping.

I'm glad I slept on this, and didn't order from a shop that charges for per-orders. That’s quite a difference, most stores sell Prowl and Bluestreak for $80 each; and HLJ for $50 each. For that price you could also get Smokescreen and still save $10. Why doesn’t everyone use them?

If I had known about this earlier maybe I would have actually ordered the Takara MP-13.

Re: MP Prowl & Streak - Official Images

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:50 am
by Transformers Hoarder
Link to site please.

Re: MP Prowl & Streak - Official Images

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:53 am
by griftimus prime
i like how they keep choosing to make the characters who can be repainted over and over. or who have 20 cosset tape robots that can each be a MP figure then repaint them

Re: MP Prowl & Streak - Official Images

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:14 am
by Doubledealer93
i might get prowl and bluestreak. maybe. :-?

Re: MP Prowl & Streak - Official Images

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:53 am
by AutoBorst
Why are they using animated-style shoulder rockets? I know it's more show-accurate, but it also just looks lazy. I guess it wouldn't be too long after release that some 3rd party makes detailed, toy accurate launchers to replace these.

Re: MP Prowl & Streak - Official Images

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:03 am
by Sinnertwin
Transformers Hoarder wrote:Link to site please.


Damn phone. Sorry, cant get the link up
Hlj.com
Type in prowl in the search bar and order away. Theres a link under the listing for transformers masterpiece

Re: MP Prowl & Streak - Official Images

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:56 am
by Transformers Hoarder
Thanks, I'm preordered on both.

Re: MP Prowl & Streak - Official Images

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:33 am
by Anonymous.
Courtesy of Cybergundam Blog, we have higher resolution versions of official Masterpiece Datsun images we have seen prior.. First up is Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl, with images showing his scale compared to previous Masterpiece releases. Next up to the plate is MP-18 Bluestreak, and in turn we get a nice group shot of a handful of the latest Autobot Masterpiece releases. Both figures are set for a release on August 31st at a price of ¥5,800, and are available for pre-order from any of our site sponsors.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: MP Prowl & Streak - Official Images

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:42 am
by Fires_Of_Inferno
Daaaaaaamn these look good standing in a group! The more I see of Prowl the more I want him. Honestly not too sure about Bluestreak. I've never really liked Bluestreak for some reason.

Re: MP Prowl & Streak - Official Images

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:47 am
by joevill
Blurrz wrote:Courtesy of Cybergundam Blog, we have higher resolution versions of official Masterpiece Datsun images we have seen prior...


These look great!

*ping*

:michaelbay:

Re: MP Prowl & Streak - Official Images

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:58 am
by megatronus
These guys look amazing as a group. :BOWDOWN:

But why does Red Alert get no love? His paint job actually came out nice. :lol:

Re: MP Prowl & Streak - Official Images

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:59 am
by Ravage XK
Prowl is pre-ordered. Bluestreak, Im not that bothered by. Looking forward to seeing Smokescreen though.