Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

My thoughts on Dark of The Moon Decepticons

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

My thoughts on Dark of The Moon Decepticons

Postby skywarp55 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:00 pm

The decepticons in DOTM were very under powered in my humble opinion. Even after watching the movie again; my opinion has not been changed. I feel like Megatron should have been more powerful and he should at least had an epic battle with prime before he died. Also barricade was destroyed in one shot by bumblebee. I can understand how Soundwave died but he is SOUNDWAVE not a puny drone. He needs more respect, even if the bay movies are the new generation of transformers and things have changed. Soundwave is supposed to be a warrior who is used to combat not someone who gets easily overturned in a sticky situation. But that is nothing to compared to Starscream's miserable little death by a PUNY human! That is where I really got upset. A good 30 minutes of the movie was useless due to Sam trying to find a job but then we see him kill Starscream with some kind of device. I really did like Megatron and Starscrean a lot better in the first movie. They even had better voices in the first movie as well along with better combat skills. I think the first bay movie was the best one, the second one was okay with a somewhat decent story, and the third one was even worse. I am glad he is handing the movies to someone else though and I even heard that the characters are being remodeled. But my final point is that the decepticons won cybertron and that they have been fighting for thousands of years. I guess we can call the bay movies "Adventures of Sam Witwicky with the Autobots" from now on. (note: this is my opinion only, and I am sorry if I offended any fans) skywarp 55 out

:CON:
skywarp55
Mini-Con
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:18 am
Watch skywarp55 on YouTube

Re: My thoughts on Dark of The Moon Decepticons

Postby PrymeStriker » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:09 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
skywarp55 wrote:The decepticons in DOTM were very under powered in my humble opinion. Even after watching the movie again; my opinion has not been changed. I feel like Megatron should have been more powerful and he should at least had an epic battle with prime before he died. Also barricade was destroyed in one shot by bumblebee. I can understand how Soundwave died but he is SOUNDWAVE not a puny drone. He needs more respect, even if the bay movies are the new generation of transformers and things have changed. Soundwave is supposed to be a warrior who is used to combat not someone who gets easily overturned in a sticky situation. But that is nothing to compared to Starscream's miserable little death by a PUNY human! That is where I really got upset. A good 30 minutes of the movie was useless due to Sam trying to find a job but then we see him kill Starscream with some kind of device. I really did like Megatron and Starscrean a lot better in the first movie. They even had better voices in the first movie as well along with better combat skills. I think the first bay movie was the best one, the second one was okay with a somewhat decent story, and the third one was even worse. I am glad he is handing the movies to someone else though and I even heard that the characters are being remodeled. But my final point is that the decepticons won cybertron and that they have been fighting for thousands of years. I guess we can call the bay movies "Adventures of Sam Witwicky with the Autobots" from now on. (note: this is my opinion only, and I am sorry if I offended any fans) skywarp 55 out

:CON:



Hoo-boy.

Okay, first of all, I guess this thread's fine right here in the TF General Discussion, but would fit more in the Live Action Films forum :DANCE: :DANCE: :michaelbay:

Second of all, IMO, Starscream had a terrible voice in the first movie, and made it sound more like the high-pitched piece-a- :BLACKEYE: he's known for being.

I think the first movie was the best of all 3, but I also believe ROTF was the worst, with many, many plot-holes that are even introduced in the movie :HEADHURTS:

And Michael Bay is doing the fourth installment, last I heard, rather than handing it to someone else, going towards a more G1 aesthetic.
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5424
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: My thoughts on Dark of The Moon Decepticons

Postby skywarp55 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:49 pm

well thats alot better and I agree ROTF did have alot of holes in the story, and dark of the moon had a few too but not as much. DOTM had more peices missing in between scenes though. An example would be when Prime was tangled in wires they could have shown him being un cut even if they did show the wreckers coming. But at least ROTF did not have HORRIBLE fighting scenes. I think starscream's voice could have been even better than it was in all 3 movies. I heard bay is going to make new characters and a new story and then after the next movie pass it on.
skywarp55
Mini-Con
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:18 am
Watch skywarp55 on YouTube

Re: My thoughts on Dark of The Moon Decepticons

Postby RhA » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:39 pm

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
I dunno, Starscream is not the whiney douche he is in G1. If you remove your fangoggles for a moment and consider his action instead of the name's history... An epic battle would have been more satisfying. On the other hand, Screamer REALLY seemed to hate Sam... I wasn't bothered as much as I was shocked by his death.

And Megs was missing half his brains and was very much nuts. Not putting up a fight is... A non-surprise.

Also- Wrong subforum.
Image
Latest TF: DOTM Topspin, AOE Galvatron & Generations Gears and Eclipse
User avatar
RhA
Faction Commander
Posts: 4186
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:37 am
Location: The Banana stand
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: 10
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 1

Re: My thoughts on Dark of The Moon Decepticons

Postby SlyTF1 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:25 pm

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
skywarp55 wrote:well thats alot better and I agree ROTF did have alot of holes in the story, and dark of the moon had a few too but not as much. DOTM had more peices missing in between scenes though. An example would be when Prime was tangled in wires they could have shown him being un cut even if they did show the wreckers coming. But at least ROTF did not have HORRIBLE fighting scenes. I think starscream's voice could have been even better than it was in all 3 movies. I heard bay is going to make new characters and a new story and then after the next movie pass it on.


There where no plot holes in ROTF.
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Posts: 4052
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: My thoughts on Dark of The Moon Decepticons

Postby PrymeStriker » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:47 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
SlyTF1 wrote:
skywarp55 wrote:well thats alot better and I agree ROTF did have alot of holes in the story, and dark of the moon had a few too but not as much. DOTM had more peices missing in between scenes though. An example would be when Prime was tangled in wires they could have shown him being un cut even if they did show the wreckers coming. But at least ROTF did not have HORRIBLE fighting scenes. I think starscream's voice could have been even better than it was in all 3 movies. I heard bay is going to make new characters and a new story and then after the next movie pass it on.


There where no plot holes in ROTF.


Yes there were. For example;

Teleporting from America to Egypt, it will always be the middle of the afternoon. Seriously!

Bumblebee's "playing off" his vocal processor. Right.

If the AllSpark "shard make Energon," couldn't Bitchin' Fox Mikaela just used the one she had in her purse to revive Optimus?

Sam goes to Cyberheaven!

Mission City, Shanghai, and nobody believes in Transformers. Damn, humanity is getting stupid.

Only a Prime can defeat The Fallen. The Primes back then could've teamed up and whooped Fallen's ass, but instead melt themselves in a tomb. Then it takes the power of a Prime + Old Coot to give Prime his face defeat The Fallen. Plus, if Megatron defeated the last Prime, and The Fallen can only be defeated by a Prime, Megatron is ten times stronger than The Fallen. Go Starscream on his ass, Megs!

Jetfire has the ability to teleport and nobody else does. How is this explained?

The Autobots sure took their sweet ass time getting to the Forest Battle scene.

And just to throw it in, Arcee & The Bikes, The Twins, & Jolt are never explained on screen, but rather in the comics. But nobody cares about those stupid transformers! They only care about Optimus & Bumblebee! Oh, and that bad guy, what was his name? Tronamegs? I dont remember. BUMBLEBEE!!!!!! :APPLAUSE:
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5424
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: My thoughts on Dark of The Moon Decepticons

Postby RhA » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:32 am

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
PrimeStriker wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
skywarp55 wrote:well thats alot better and I agree ROTF did have alot of holes in the story, and dark of the moon had a few too but not as much. DOTM had more peices missing in between scenes though. An example would be when Prime was tangled in wires they could have shown him being un cut even if they did show the wreckers coming. But at least ROTF did not have HORRIBLE fighting scenes. I think starscream's voice could have been even better than it was in all 3 movies. I heard bay is going to make new characters and a new story and then after the next movie pass it on.


There where no plot holes in ROTF.


Yes there were. For example;

Teleporting from America to Egypt, it will always be the middle of the afternoon. Seriously!

Bumblebee's "playing off" his vocal processor. Right.

If the AllSpark "shard make Energon," couldn't Bitchin' Fox Mikaela just used the one she had in her purse to revive Optimus?

Sam goes to Cyberheaven!

Mission City, Shanghai, and nobody believes in Transformers. Damn, humanity is getting stupid.

Only a Prime can defeat The Fallen. The Primes back then could've teamed up and whooped Fallen's ass, but instead melt themselves in a tomb. Then it takes the power of a Prime + Old Coot to give Prime his face defeat The Fallen. Plus, if Megatron defeated the last Prime, and The Fallen can only be defeated by a Prime, Megatron is ten times stronger than The Fallen. Go Starscream on his ass, Megs!

Jetfire has the ability to teleport and nobody else does. How is this explained?

The Autobots sure took their sweet ass time getting to the Forest Battle scene.

And just to throw it in, Arcee & The Bikes, The Twins, & Jolt are never explained on screen, but rather in the comics. But nobody cares about those stupid transformers! They only care about Optimus & Bumblebee! Oh, and that bad guy, what was his name? Tronamegs? I dont remember. BUMBLEBEE!!!!!! :APPLAUSE:

:D You know what's awesome? This again! Let's do this again! :D
Image
Latest TF: DOTM Topspin, AOE Galvatron & Generations Gears and Eclipse
User avatar
RhA
Faction Commander
Posts: 4186
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:37 am
Location: The Banana stand
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: 10
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 1

Re: My thoughts on Dark of The Moon Decepticons

Postby SlyTF1 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:26 am

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
PrimeStriker wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
skywarp55 wrote:well thats alot better and I agree ROTF did have alot of holes in the story, and dark of the moon had a few too but not as much. DOTM had more peices missing in between scenes though. An example would be when Prime was tangled in wires they could have shown him being un cut even if they did show the wreckers coming. But at least ROTF did not have HORRIBLE fighting scenes. I think starscream's voice could have been even better than it was in all 3 movies. I heard bay is going to make new characters and a new story and then after the next movie pass it on.


There where no plot holes in ROTF.


Yes there were. For example;

Teleporting from America to Egypt, it will always be the middle of the afternoon. Seriously!

Bumblebee's "playing off" his vocal processor. Right.

If the AllSpark "shard make Energon," couldn't Bitchin' Fox Mikaela just used the one she had in her purse to revive Optimus?

Sam goes to Cyberheaven!

Mission City, Shanghai, and nobody believes in Transformers. Damn, humanity is getting stupid.

Only a Prime can defeat The Fallen. The Primes back then could've teamed up and whooped Fallen's ass, but instead melt themselves in a tomb. Then it takes the power of a Prime + Old Coot to give Prime his face defeat The Fallen. Plus, if Megatron defeated the last Prime, and The Fallen can only be defeated by a Prime, Megatron is ten times stronger than The Fallen. Go Starscream on his ass, Megs!

Jetfire has the ability to teleport and nobody else does. How is this explained?

The Autobots sure took their sweet ass time getting to the Forest Battle scene.

And just to throw it in, Arcee & The Bikes, The Twins, & Jolt are never explained on screen, but rather in the comics. But nobody cares about those stupid transformers! They only care about Optimus & Bumblebee! Oh, and that bad guy, what was his name? Tronamegs? I dont remember. BUMBLEBEE!!!!!! :APPLAUSE:


1. It was late afternoon in America, and early morning in Egypt. Proof: The museum was closing, which means it hat to be late in the afternoon.

2. Not really a plot hole.

3. The humans didn't know the Allspark could revive Optimus. You're forgetting Wheelie was their only guide at the time and he wanted to revive Jetfire because he thought he was still a Decepticon.

4. No he didn't. Even if he did, that wouldn't be a plot hole.

5. They've been stupid.

6. Megatron got the jump on Optimus. Did you see how he was getting his ass kicked before?

7. Does it really need to be explained? All you need to understand is that some Transformers have different abilities than others.

8. Maybe Optimus and Bumblebee sped ahead.

9. Of course we don't care (I didn't anyway). That's why didn't need to be explained. They explained that they came after Optimus sent his message from the first movie.
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Posts: 4052
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: My thoughts on Dark of The Moon Decepticons

Postby skywarp55 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:35 pm

sorry for putting this in the wrong place :P
skywarp55
Mini-Con
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:18 am
Watch skywarp55 on YouTube


Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #102 - Hidden Mickeys
Twincast / Podcast #102:
"Hidden Mickeys"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 5th, 2014