Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

NASCAR 2012 Discussion Thread

Welcome to the General Discussion area where just about anything goes! This area is designed to discuss all matters and does not necessarily have to be Transformers related. Please keep topics relevant.

Re: NASCAR 2012 Discussion Thread

Postby OptiMagnus » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:34 pm

Motto: ""Close your mouth and open your mind.""
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Rodimus Prime wrote:Honestly, I think it was Dave Rogers' fault. He should have had Kyle come in with the others. He was trying to win the race, and lost sight of the big picture, which was to stay ahead of Gordon. Then again, I'll put a little blame on Kyle as well, he was in control of the car, if he wanted to come in really bad, he should have just done so. Rogers might have been pissed, but at least they'd be in the Chase.

That's exactly right. I think all they needed was to do what they were already doing. Gordon needed to finish at least 13 places ahead of Busch to beat him, and Busch was running I think roughly 7th and Gordon 22nd before the big screw up, which Alan Gustafson used to his advantage. I don't think Dave Rogers could have been pissed off he was in the Chase though, and he probably didn't consider that thought. But I understand why Kyle didn't defy his crew chief. As a driver, your crew chief is supposed to be the guy you entrust with strategies; he's just like a coach on a football team, and you do as he tells you because he's supposed to be the expert. Your job as the driver is to execute his calls to the best of your ability. However, I think if Dave makes another questionable call I hope Kyle just says "screw it, I'm not doing this all over again."
Please note: If you think I may be joking, I probably am.
User avatar
OptiMagnus
Gestalt
Posts: 2289
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: Ohio, USA
Watch OptiMagnus on YouTube
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 4
Rank: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 6

Re: NASCAR 2012 Discussion Thread

Postby njb902 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:54 pm

Eh if I was Kyle Busch I'd be more worried about getting my head in order than not making the chase. After his little stunt last fall he hasn't been the same. Hell Brad keslowsky(sp) is doing a better impression of Kyle than Kyle is. I don't like Kyle but I'd rather see him race hard than be timid. Obviously you can't do crap like he did to be parked, but sheesh it's like he was put in the corner and is sulking.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2563
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: NASCAR 2012 Discussion Thread

Postby OptiMagnus » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:10 pm

Motto: ""Close your mouth and open your mind.""
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
njb902 wrote:Eh if I was Kyle Busch I'd be more worried about getting my head in order than not making the chase. After his little stunt last fall he hasn't been the same. Hell Brad keslowsky(sp) is doing a better impression of Kyle than Kyle is. I don't like Kyle but I'd rather see him race hard than be timid. Obviously you can't do crap like he did to be parked, but sheesh it's like he was put in the corner and is sulking.

I don't like him after last year either, but he has a clean record this year and I'll see if he can keep it up next year before I change my mind. His problem is that he freaks out over any minor problem. If he can keep his cool and suck up his attitude he might see improvement.
Please note: If you think I may be joking, I probably am.
User avatar
OptiMagnus
Gestalt
Posts: 2289
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: Ohio, USA
Watch OptiMagnus on YouTube
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 4
Rank: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 6

Re: NASCAR 2012 Discussion Thread

Postby njb902 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:15 pm

OptiMagnus wrote:
njb902 wrote:Eh if I was Kyle Busch I'd be more worried about getting my head in order than not making the chase. After his little stunt last fall he hasn't been the same. Hell Brad keslowsky(sp) is doing a better impression of Kyle than Kyle is. I don't like Kyle but I'd rather see him race hard than be timid. Obviously you can't do crap like he did to be parked, but sheesh it's like he was put in the corner and is sulking.

I don't like him after last year either, but he has a clean record this year and I'll see if he can keep it up next year before I change my mind. His problem is that he freaks out over any minor problem. If he can keep his cool and suck up his attitude he might see improvement.



Sure can't argue with that.

I wonder if rcr will be able to sponsor a 4th car and snag Kurt........ Which I think is a mistake, he is just as bad as his brother.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2563
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: NASCAR 2012 Discussion Thread

Postby OptiMagnus » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:12 pm

Motto: ""Close your mouth and open your mind.""
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
njb902 wrote:
OptiMagnus wrote:
njb902 wrote:Eh if I was Kyle Busch I'd be more worried about getting my head in order than not making the chase. After his little stunt last fall he hasn't been the same. Hell Brad keslowsky(sp) is doing a better impression of Kyle than Kyle is. I don't like Kyle but I'd rather see him race hard than be timid. Obviously you can't do crap like he did to be parked, but sheesh it's like he was put in the corner and is sulking.

I don't like him after last year either, but he has a clean record this year and I'll see if he can keep it up next year before I change my mind. His problem is that he freaks out over any minor problem. If he can keep his cool and suck up his attitude he might see improvement.



Sure can't argue with that.

I wonder if rcr will be able to sponsor a 4th car and snag Kurt........ Which I think is a mistake, he is just as bad as his brother.

You know, for a handful of years Kurt came across as a really nice guy and I liked him. But last year and this year he's just not the same. I feel like even though he was a complete jerk to Dr. Jerry Punch he had a lot of people rooting for him to redeem himself and bring back an underdog team in the process. Than he screwed himself over again. I think Bob Pockrass asked him a dumb question but he could have thrown the question back at him without freaking out. If he would have said something smart while keeping his poker face everyone would have been like "Oh...snap. Buuuuuurn."
Please note: If you think I may be joking, I probably am.
User avatar
OptiMagnus
Gestalt
Posts: 2289
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: Ohio, USA
Watch OptiMagnus on YouTube
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 4
Rank: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 6

Re: NASCAR 2012 Discussion Thread

Postby Rodimus Prime » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:52 pm

Motto: "...and hell followed with him."
Weapon: Twin Photon Blasters
After how things went this season, I'm beginning to think that Denny Hamlin is becoming what Kyle Busch should have been. He's definitely top dog at Gibbs, and is tearing it up (in a good way) on the track. Hopefully Kyle can get his **** together next year. His window is coming to a close, because even though he is still young, I don't know how much more patience Gibbs has with him. He won't find a better ride than them if he is let go, because no way is he going back to Hendrick.
............Image
User avatar
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
Posts: 15772
News Credits: 17
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada

Re: NASCAR 2012 Discussion Thread

Postby OptiMagnus » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:05 pm

Motto: ""Close your mouth and open your mind.""
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Rodimus Prime wrote:After how things went this season, I'm beginning to think that Denny Hamlin is becoming what Kyle Busch should have been. He's definitely top dog at Gibbs, and is tearing it up (in a good way) on the track. Hopefully Kyle can get his **** together next year. His window is coming to a close, because even though he is still young, I don't know how much more patience Gibbs has with him. He won't find a better ride than them if he is let go, because no way is he going back to Hendrick.

I swear, I think Gibbs is experimenting with outsourcing engines and chassis to China on the #18 car. The cars have mostly been crap this year. However, I still think Kyle is going to see improvement if he just keeps his cool as best as possible. He is no doubt a talented driver, but his attitude and his temper ate him last year and I can tell there's still a small hint of it left this year. But I think Gibbs will keep him as long as he doesn't keep becoming a liability. Mars already gave him two strikes on their sponsorship and they'll pull out on the third if it happens. I'm sure if he just leaves on his own someone will pick him up, but it won't be Hendrick because they have all four spots filled with drivers under long contracts, whom all are having some success this year. Waltrip would be a good bet because his team is only getting better and will probably expand if both full time drivers can win races.
Please note: If you think I may be joking, I probably am.
User avatar
OptiMagnus
Gestalt
Posts: 2289
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: Ohio, USA
Watch OptiMagnus on YouTube
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 4
Rank: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 6

Re: NASCAR 2012 Discussion Thread

Postby AutobotJazz » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:49 am

Motto: "I do it my way: with style."
Weapon: Electrostatic Discharger Rifle
Well the season is over now and we have a first time champion in Brad Keselowski. Hard earned championship for the team. I've grown to like the guy a lot this year. Races hard, not afraid to speak his mind and barely in his prime. The guy will be a force to be reckoned with for a while.
AutobotJazz
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8883
News Credits: 4
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 5:06 pm
Location: Melbourne, Florida

Previous

Return to General Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #104 - Wrath of Con
Twincast / Podcast #104:
"Wrath of Con"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, November 2nd, 2014