Need some quick clarification...

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Need some quick clarification...

Postby gbm » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:17 pm

What exactly is the difference between the Reveal the Shield line of figures, and the G1 Classic figures?
gbm
Fuzor
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:59 pm

Re: Need some quick clarification...

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:24 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
gbm wrote:What exactly is the difference between the Reveal the Shield line of figures, and the G1 Classic figures?


Well, the gimmick is the same: rub-signs. It's the characters featured that differ. Bumblebee appeared in both lines, but in Reveal the Shield he has a Movie-inspired deco.

For the sake of overall convenience, we like to call any figure that's part of Classics, Universe 2008, Generations and Reveal the Shield either Classics or Generations, as they all feature updated G1 character designs.
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD Grimlock, Hightower & Wedge
3) Energon Sledge, Duststorm, Bonecrusher & Wideload
4) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17352
News Credits: 22
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:45 am
Location: McKinney, Texas, USA; Delft, the Netherlands
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Need some quick clarification...

Postby Diem » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:27 pm

gbm wrote:What exactly is the difference between the Reveal the Shield line of figures, and the G1 Classic figures?


The only big difference is rubsigns on the RTS figures.

Apart from Mindset (a G2 character using a movieverse mold) and Strafe and Fallback (G1 characters using movieverse molds) all of the Reveal The Shield line used original molds or repaints of molds from Classics/Universe and they are almost all G1 characters. As such they are considered to be Classics/Universe/Generations figures.
Last edited by Diem on Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Diem
City Commander
Posts: 3095
News Credits: 35
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:39 am

Re: Need some quick clarification...

Postby gbm » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:27 pm

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
gbm wrote:What exactly is the difference between the Reveal the Shield line of figures, and the G1 Classic figures?


Well, the gimmick is the same: rub-signs. It's the characters featured that differ. Bumblebee appeared in both lines, but in Reveal the Shield he has a Movie-inspired deco.

For the sake of overall convenience, we like to call any figure that's part of Classics, Universe 2008, Generations and Reveal the Shield either Classics or Generations, as they all feature updated G1 character designs.



That's a big help, thank you.

There aren't any size differences though are there? It took me a while to figure out that the Cyberverse ones are ones I can hang on my rear view mirror. lol
gbm
Fuzor
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:59 pm

Re: Need some quick clarification...

Postby gbm » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:29 pm

Diem wrote:
gbm wrote:What exactly is the difference between the Reveal the Shield line of figures, and the G1 Classic figures?


The only big difference is rubsigns on the RTS figures.

Apart from Mindset (a G2 character using a movieverse mold) and Strafe and Fallback (G1 characters using movieverse molds) all of the Reveal The Shield line used original molds or repaints of molds from Classics/Universe and they are almost all G1 characters. As such they are considered to be Classics/Universe/Generations figures.


oh werd? Cool, I better start hunting for some Reveal the Shields then!
gbm
Fuzor
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:59 pm

Re: Need some quick clarification...

Postby Diem » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:40 pm

gbm wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
gbm wrote:What exactly is the difference between the Reveal the Shield line of figures, and the G1 Classic figures?


Well, the gimmick is the same: rub-signs. It's the characters featured that differ. Bumblebee appeared in both lines, but in Reveal the Shield he has a Movie-inspired deco.

For the sake of overall convenience, we like to call any figure that's part of Classics, Universe 2008, Generations and Reveal the Shield either Classics or Generations, as they all feature updated G1 character designs.



That's a big help, thank you.

There aren't any size differences though are there? It took me a while to figure out that the Cyberverse ones are ones I can hang on my rear view mirror. lol


The RTS line consists (if I remember correctly) of 8 deluxes, which are the same size as Classics deluxes:Optimus Prime (an original mold based on the G2 Optimus toy, but using G1 Autobot logos), Bumblebee (a repaint of Classics Bumblebee in movie colors), Perceptor (an original mold loosely based on the IDW depiction of the character) Wreck Gar (a new mold, later repainted into other Junkions) Special Ops Jazz (an original mold based on G1 Jazz), Turbo Tracks (an original mold based on G1 Tracks) Fallback (a repaint of movieverse Brawl in G1 Outback colors) and the aforementioned Mindset.

There are also 4 Voyagers: Solar Storm Grappel (sic) (a retool of Universe Inferno in G1 Grapple colors), Strafe ( a repaint of movieverse Mindwipe in G1 Strafe colors), Deep Dive (a repaint of movieverse Seaspray as an original character) and Lugnut (an original mold based on Animated Lugnut)

There was also a 2-pack called Battle In Space which included repaints of Universe Cyclonus and Classic Hot Rod in more cartoon accurate and more garish colors respectively, as well as a diecast matrix and a comic.
User avatar
Diem
City Commander
Posts: 3095
News Credits: 35
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:39 am

Re: Need some quick clarification...

Postby gbm » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:44 pm

All the size models really messed me up when I first started collecting. To this day, I wish I didn't buy the oversized (voyager?) version of Ironhide...and wish I went with the deluxe. He looks odd standing next to my teeny tiny deluxe Optimus.
gbm
Fuzor
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:59 pm

Re: Need some quick clarification...

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
gbm wrote:All the size models really messed me up when I first started collecting. To this day, I wish I didn't buy the oversized (voyager?) version of Ironhide...and wish I went with the deluxe. He looks odd standing next to my teeny tiny deluxe Optimus.


You mean the movie ones? I hear ya. Nowadays, you're pretty much safe with Prime and Megs as Voyagers, as the rest as Deluxes :)
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD Grimlock, Hightower & Wedge
3) Energon Sledge, Duststorm, Bonecrusher & Wideload
4) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17352
News Credits: 22
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:45 am
Location: McKinney, Texas, USA; Delft, the Netherlands
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Need some quick clarification...

Postby gbm » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:51 pm

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
gbm wrote:All the size models really messed me up when I first started collecting. To this day, I wish I didn't buy the oversized (voyager?) version of Ironhide...and wish I went with the deluxe. He looks odd standing next to my teeny tiny deluxe Optimus.


You mean the movie ones? I hear ya. Nowadays, you're pretty much safe with Prime and Megs as Voyagers, as the rest as Deluxes :)


Im seriously considering selling my brand new Ironhide and re-purchasing a Deluxe one, it's bothering me THAT much. lol
gbm
Fuzor
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:59 pm

Re: Need some quick clarification...

Postby Diem » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:02 pm

gbm wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
gbm wrote:All the size models really messed me up when I first started collecting. To this day, I wish I didn't buy the oversized (voyager?) version of Ironhide...and wish I went with the deluxe. He looks odd standing next to my teeny tiny deluxe Optimus.


You mean the movie ones? I hear ya. Nowadays, you're pretty much safe with Prime and Megs as Voyagers, as the rest as Deluxes :)


Im seriously considering selling my brand new Ironhide and re-purchasing a Deluxe one, it's bothering me THAT much. lol


There wasn't any voyager Ironhide in the Classics series, are you talking about the movies?

(And if so I totally have a Deluxe movie Ironhide for sale)
User avatar
Diem
City Commander
Posts: 3095
News Credits: 35
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:39 am

Re: Need some quick clarification...

Postby gbm » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:15 pm

Diem wrote:
gbm wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
gbm wrote:All the size models really messed me up when I first started collecting. To this day, I wish I didn't buy the oversized (voyager?) version of Ironhide...and wish I went with the deluxe. He looks odd standing next to my teeny tiny deluxe Optimus.


You mean the movie ones? I hear ya. Nowadays, you're pretty much safe with Prime and Megs as Voyagers, as the rest as Deluxes :)


Im seriously considering selling my brand new Ironhide and re-purchasing a Deluxe one, it's bothering me THAT much. lol


There wasn't any voyager Ironhide in the Classics series, are you talking about the movies?

(And if so I totally have a Deluxe movie Ironhide for sale)



my wording might be off, let me go check exactly what I have....
gbm
Fuzor
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:59 pm

Re: Need some quick clarification...

Postby gbm » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:19 pm

Ok, this is what I have. He's significantly larger than all my Deluxe ones.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... /2392/1/0/
gbm
Fuzor
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:59 pm

Re: Need some quick clarification...

Postby Diem » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:22 pm

gbm wrote:Ok, this is what I have. He's significantly larger than all my Deluxe ones.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... /2392/1/0/


Yeah, that's Voyager Ironhide from the movie line. The Classics/Universe/Generations figures are based on the original Transformers cartoon from 1984 rather than the movies.
User avatar
Diem
City Commander
Posts: 3095
News Credits: 35
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:39 am

Re: Need some quick clarification...

Postby gbm » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:25 pm

Diem wrote:
gbm wrote:Ok, this is what I have. He's significantly larger than all my Deluxe ones.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... /2392/1/0/


Yeah, that's Voyager Ironhide from the movie line. The Classics/Universe/Generations figures are based on the original Transformers cartoon from 1984 rather than the movies.


ok cool.

Which do you have? (the extra you spoke of)

Can you link a picture for me?
gbm
Fuzor
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:59 pm

Re: Need some quick clarification...

Postby gbm » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:38 pm

Another question....

What is the Hunt For the Decep line supposed to represent?
gbm
Fuzor
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:59 pm

Re: Need some quick clarification...

Postby Diem » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:39 pm

gbm wrote:
Diem wrote:
gbm wrote:Ok, this is what I have. He's significantly larger than all my Deluxe ones.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... /2392/1/0/


Yeah, that's Voyager Ironhide from the movie line. The Classics/Universe/Generations figures are based on the original Transformers cartoon from 1984 rather than the movies.


ok cool.

Which do you have? (the extra you spoke of)

Can you link a picture for me?


Yeah, it's this one: http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... hide/2112/
User avatar
Diem
City Commander
Posts: 3095
News Credits: 35
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:39 am

Re: Need some quick clarification...

Postby Diem » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:50 pm

gbm wrote:Another question....

What is the Hunt For the Decep line supposed to represent?


Hunt For The Decepticons is a subline of the Movieverse line. It existed a while after Revenge of the Fallen but before Dark of the Moon. There's no real relevance to the name change from Revenge of the Fallen to Hunt for the Decepticons, the only reason it was changed is that stores don't like to carry too much of the same product and so the change in the name and packaging helped Hasbro sell it to Target etc.
User avatar
Diem
City Commander
Posts: 3095
News Credits: 35
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:39 am

Re: Need some quick clarification...

Postby gbm » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:54 pm

Diem wrote:
gbm wrote:Another question....

What is the Hunt For the Decep line supposed to represent?


Hunt For The Decepticons is a subline of the Movieverse line. It existed a while after Revenge of the Fallen but before Dark of the Moon. There's no real relevance to the name change from Revenge of the Fallen to Hunt for the Decepticons, the only reason it was changed is that stores don't like to carry too much of the same product and so the change in the name and packaging helped Hasbro sell it to Target etc.



gotta love marketing.
gbm
Fuzor
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:59 pm

Re: Need some quick clarification...

Postby RhA » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:59 pm

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
gbm wrote:
Diem wrote:
gbm wrote:Another question....

What is the Hunt For the Decep line supposed to represent?


Hunt For The Decepticons is a subline of the Movieverse line. It existed a while after Revenge of the Fallen but before Dark of the Moon. There's no real relevance to the name change from Revenge of the Fallen to Hunt for the Decepticons, the only reason it was changed is that stores don't like to carry too much of the same product and so the change in the name and packaging helped Hasbro sell it to Target etc.



gotta love marketing.


Some bloody awesome toys, though.
Image
Love thy pretenders.
User avatar
RhA
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5427
News Credits: 2
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 9:37 am
Location: 1988

Re: Need some quick clarification...

Postby gbm » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:45 pm

RhA wrote:
gbm wrote:
Diem wrote:
gbm wrote:Another question....

What is the Hunt For the Decep line supposed to represent?


Hunt For The Decepticons is a subline of the Movieverse line. It existed a while after Revenge of the Fallen but before Dark of the Moon. There's no real relevance to the name change from Revenge of the Fallen to Hunt for the Decepticons, the only reason it was changed is that stores don't like to carry too much of the same product and so the change in the name and packaging helped Hasbro sell it to Target etc.



gotta love marketing.


Some bloody awesome toys, though.



:lol: :lol: :lol:

yep! why else would a 37 year old still be buying them!!!
gbm
Fuzor
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:59 pm


Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers G1 1985 C-72 GiG BLADES MIB rasor takara Italian defensor - Time Remaining: 2 days 17 hours 41 minutes 41 seconds
STAR WARS TRANSFORMERS CROSSOVERS CAD BANE TO CAN BANES XANADU BLOOD - Time Remaining: 16 days 57 minutes 49 seconds
STAR WARS TRANSFORMERS CROSSOVERS ANAKIN SKYWALKER TO JEDI STARFIGHTER - Time Remaining: 16 days 43 minutes 15 seconds
original G1 Transformers WHIRL WEAPON LOT x2 parts - Time Remaining: 2 days 16 hours 3 minutes 38 seconds
KRE-O TRANSFORMERS, AUTOBOT RATCHET, #30662, 187 PIECES, NIB, 2010 - Time Remaining: 3 days 10 hours 41 minutes 15 seconds
Transformers G1 Parts 1988 DOUBLEDEALER SKAR bat powermaster MINT - Time Remaining: 2 days 19 hours 41 minutes 29 seconds
Transformers G1 1989 STARSCREAM classic pretender hasbro takara - Time Remaining: 9 days 2 hours 53 minutes 40 seconds
Transformers G1 Astrotrain 100% Complete - Triple Changer - Time Remaining: 2 days 18 hours 28 minutes 24 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #153 - Last Knights of Cybertron
Twincast / Podcast #153:
"Last Knights of Cybertron"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, August 15th, 2016