Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

New e-Hobby/TFCC Collaboration Teaser

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: New e-Hobby/TFCC Collaboration Teaser

Postby Burn » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:42 pm

Trikeboy wrote:Like it or not, Shattered Glass was one of the freshest things to happen to the franchise since Beast Wars. Everything from RiD until the current TFP is basically the same. Shattered Glass at least did something different with the characters.


I disagree. The entire concept is unoriginal and has been done to death in other franchises. The only thing Transformers did differently was a change of colour scheme and over-priced pieces of fabric instead of bitchin' goatees.

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:If you mean the Japanese site, then yeah. Which makes it more complicated since they have both a tapestry I want and a Galvatron figure that I am debating over. :michaelbay:


He means the TFCC site. This is a joint venture between TFCC and E-Hobby to sell the same "exclusives" in both markets.
E-Hobby sells to the Asian market
TFCC sells to the American market. They'd sell to other parts of the world too but that's only after you confirm your identity via fax machine and also hand over your credit details which they will most likely hand off to someone else.
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38563
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: New e-Hobby/TFCC Collaboration Teaser

Postby KNM2012 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:57 pm

Burn wrote:He means the TFCC site. This is a joint venture between TFCC and E-Hobby to sell the same "exclusives" in both markets.
E-Hobby sells to the Asian market
TFCC sells to the American market. They'd sell to other parts of the world too but that's only after you confirm your identity via fax machine and also hand over your credit details which they will most likely hand off to someone else.

I meant the VSE version, as that would be the version e-HOBBY would sell. It also would tie into the VS (VSX, VSY, VSZ) line that Takara had done in 1985. And this is the version I would buy if I am interested in it by then. ;)

However... I am going on a whim and say that since TFCC is also distributing it, their packaging will have the "Shattered Glass" label. Which would be a smart move, and a nightmare for those who chose to buy both versions before seeing the final price. :P
MY TRANSFORMERS FANDOM: 1984-2013
User avatar
KNM2012
Targetmaster
Posts: 688
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:03 pm
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: New e-Hobby/TFCC Collaboration Teaser

Postby Banjo-Tron » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:04 am

Motto: "My banjo is everything; defeat is ukelele"
Trikeboy wrote:Like it or not, Shattered Glass was one of the freshest things to happen to the franchise since Beast Wars. Everything from RiD until the current TFP is basically the same. Shattered Glass at least did something different with the characters.

Sorry, but "OMG let's make teh good guyz evalll!" does not constitute an original idea at all. It's a 'what if' proposition that would be best served being showcased in an episode of fiction here and there. I don't object to the toys but I feel that there are too damn many of them, and I'm bitterly disappointed that eHobby have gone down the same route. I would take a recoloured Kup as Skids at this point in time (with a different head, of course)
User avatar
Banjo-Tron
Godmaster
Posts: 1690
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:51 am
Location: UK, Surrey

Re: New e-Hobby/TFCC Collaboration Teaser

Postby Trikeboy » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:20 am

Banjo-Tron wrote:
Trikeboy wrote:Like it or not, Shattered Glass was one of the freshest things to happen to the franchise since Beast Wars. Everything from RiD until the current TFP is basically the same. Shattered Glass at least did something different with the characters.

Sorry, but "OMG let's make teh good guyz evalll!" does not constitute an original idea at all. It's a 'what if' proposition that would be best served being showcased in an episode of fiction here and there. I don't object to the toys but I feel that there are too damn many of them, and I'm bitterly disappointed that eHobby have gone down the same route. I would take a recoloured Kup as Skids at this point in time (with a different head, of course)


That kind of comment makes me think you haven't read any of the stories that take place in this universe. It is more than just good Decepticons and bad Autobots. The characters are totally different and the stories are quite gripping. Every other piece of Transformers fiction is basically this: Autobots and Decepticons come to earth, Autobots make human friends, there is a battle of the week, sometimes the Autobots win, sometimes they don't, Optimus Prime dies and comes back, Megatron reformats and calls himself Galvatron, big show down with the Autobots and the good guys win. It has been that way since Beast Wars. No matter how much I like Prime, I know it will follow the same pattern. I'm glad IDW are doing something new at last with the characters.
My must have products from 2013
Image
User avatar
Trikeboy
Brainmaster
Posts: 1415
News Credits: 9
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:33 pm
Location: Cupar, Scotland

Re: New e-Hobby/TFCC Collaboration Teaser

Postby KNM2012 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:31 am

Trikeboy wrote:
Banjo-Tron wrote:
Trikeboy wrote:Like it or not, Shattered Glass was one of the freshest things to happen to the franchise since Beast Wars. Everything from RiD until the current TFP is basically the same. Shattered Glass at least did something different with the characters.

Sorry, but "OMG let's make teh good guyz evalll!" does not constitute an original idea at all. It's a 'what if' proposition that would be best served being showcased in an episode of fiction here and there. I don't object to the toys but I feel that there are too damn many of them, and I'm bitterly disappointed that eHobby have gone down the same route. I would take a recoloured Kup as Skids at this point in time (with a different head, of course)


That kind of comment makes me think you haven't read any of the stories that take place in this universe. It is more than just good Decepticons and bad Autobots. The characters are totally different and the stories are quite gripping. Every other piece of Transformers fiction is basically this: Autobots and Decepticons come to earth, Autobots make human friends, there is a battle of the week, sometimes the Autobots win, sometimes they don't, Optimus Prime dies and comes back, Megatron reformats and calls himself Galvatron, big show down with the Autobots and the good guys win. It has been that way since Beast Wars. No matter how much I like Prime, I know it will follow the same pattern. I'm glad IDW are doing something new at last with the characters.

I agree. But, then again, I see a lot of that happening online. :-(

And also, the whole "death of Optimus Prime," "Megatron becomes Galvatron," etc. originated in Transformers: The Movie (1986). However, English media had made it become a recurring theme ever since then. Plus, Hasbro has created a "Binder of Revelation" that uses elements they feel need to be followed and altered. So there is always that chance we may get a "Galvatron II" (as done in the Marvel/IDW series and Takara's G-2 storyline).

But with the case at hand... Shattered Glass is more like Star Trek's Mirror World. As in a world where the good that restrained themselves are not doing that here. But I guess you don't need to be told that, and I think those who did not need to see what Ultra Magnus looks like in the Shattered Universe. ;)
MY TRANSFORMERS FANDOM: 1984-2013
User avatar
KNM2012
Targetmaster
Posts: 688
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:03 pm
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: New e-Hobby/TFCC Collaboration Teaser

Postby Trikeboy » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:18 am

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:
Trikeboy wrote:
Banjo-Tron wrote:
Trikeboy wrote:Like it or not, Shattered Glass was one of the freshest things to happen to the franchise since Beast Wars. Everything from RiD until the current TFP is basically the same. Shattered Glass at least did something different with the characters.

Sorry, but "OMG let's make teh good guyz evalll!" does not constitute an original idea at all. It's a 'what if' proposition that would be best served being showcased in an episode of fiction here and there. I don't object to the toys but I feel that there are too damn many of them, and I'm bitterly disappointed that eHobby have gone down the same route. I would take a recoloured Kup as Skids at this point in time (with a different head, of course)


That kind of comment makes me think you haven't read any of the stories that take place in this universe. It is more than just good Decepticons and bad Autobots. The characters are totally different and the stories are quite gripping. Every other piece of Transformers fiction is basically this: Autobots and Decepticons come to earth, Autobots make human friends, there is a battle of the week, sometimes the Autobots win, sometimes they don't, Optimus Prime dies and comes back, Megatron reformats and calls himself Galvatron, big show down with the Autobots and the good guys win. It has been that way since Beast Wars. No matter how much I like Prime, I know it will follow the same pattern. I'm glad IDW are doing something new at last with the characters.

I agree. But, then again, I see a lot of that happening online. :-(

And also, the whole "death of Optimus Prime," "Megatron becomes Galvatron," etc. originated in Transformers: The Movie (1986). However, English media had made it become a recurring theme ever since then. Plus, Hasbro has created a "Binder of Revelation" that uses elements they feel need to be followed and altered. So there is always that chance we may get a "Galvatron II" (as done in the Marvel/IDW series and Takara's G-2 storyline).

But with the case at hand... Shattered Glass is more like Star Trek's Mirror World. As in a world where the good that restrained themselves are not doing that here. But I guess you don't need to be told that, and I think those who did not need to see what Ultra Magnus looks like in the Shattered Universe. ;)


I know but at least the death and reformat actually paid off in the story. In Armada, Megatron gets damaged, gets restored after the battle with Nemisis Prime and says "Now as Galvatron..." Why did he change his name just because he got a new paint job? Then at the start of Energon he is Megatron again. Optimus Prime dies in the first damn episode of Transformers Animated.

I like when people do something new with the characters in hand. IDW are finally doing it, and quite well in my opinion. Shattered Glass was a breath of fresh air. Dungeons and Dinobots was one of my favorite pieces of Transfomers fiction ever.

Back on topic, I have decided to get this if only for the cassettes. I just wish they would have gone better with the rest of the already released SG toys.
My must have products from 2013
Image
User avatar
Trikeboy
Brainmaster
Posts: 1415
News Credits: 9
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:33 pm
Location: Cupar, Scotland

Re: New e-Hobby/TFCC Collaboration Teaser

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:34 am

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Trikeboy wrote:I know but at least the death and reformat actually paid off in the story. In Armada, Megatron gets damaged, gets restored after the battle with Nemisis Prime and says "Now as Galvatron..." Why did he change his name just because he got a new paint job? Then at the start of Energon he is Megatron again.
Yeah, that was a little wonky, but it was a case of the dubbers having adhere to Hasbro's desire to retain both names in the "Megatron --> Galvatron, rinse and repeat" pattern. In the original Japanese version, however, the change is much smoother.

In Micron Densetsu, when Megatron gets upgraded, he doesn't rename himself Galvatron, but gets a new toy name of "Megatron Super Mode". Then when he gets resurrected in Super Link, it is then that he becomes Galvatron. And then turning purple by Super Energon later only creates another new toy name for him: "Galvatron G" (with "G" short for "General").

Trikeboy wrote:Optimus Prime dies in the first damn episode of Transformers Animated.
Third episode. ;)

Trikeboy wrote:Back on topic, I have decided to get this if only for the cassettes. I just wish they would have gone better with the rest of the already released SG toys.
Yeah, I do kinda wish these used more modern toy molds instead of the G1 molds, which automatically make this an expensive purchase even without the exclusivity.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17374
News Credits: 110
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: New e-Hobby/TFCC Collaboration Teaser

Postby Trikeboy » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:47 am

Sabrblade wrote:
Trikeboy wrote:I know but at least the death and reformat actually paid off in the story. In Armada, Megatron gets damaged, gets restored after the battle with Nemisis Prime and says "Now as Galvatron..." Why did he change his name just because he got a new paint job? Then at the start of Energon he is Megatron again.
Yeah, that was a little wonky, but it was a case of the dubbers having adhere to Hasbro's desire to retain both names in the "Megatron --> Galvatron, rinse and repeat" pattern. In the original Japanese version, however, the change is much smoother.

In Micron Densetsu, when Megatron gets upgraded, he doesn't rename himself Galvatron, but gets a new toy name of "Megatron Super Mode". Then when he gets resurrected in Super Link, it is then that he becomes Galvatron. And then turning purple by Super Energon later only creates another new toy name for him: "Galvatron G" (with "G" short for "General").


My point exactly, Hasbro have been doing the rinse and repeat for so long it's getting boring. Something comes along that does something different and it gets slated.

Sabrblade wrote:
Trikeboy wrote:Optimus Prime dies in the first damn episode of Transformers Animated.
Third episode. ;)


ok, ok, third episode but it was the first story in that universe.

Sabrblade wrote:
Trikeboy wrote:Back on topic, I have decided to get this if only for the cassettes. I just wish they would have gone better with the rest of the already released SG toys.
Yeah, I do kinda wish these used more modern toy molds instead of the G1 molds, which automatically make this an expensive purchase even without the exclusivity.


e-Hobby easily could have used the Device Label Blaster and removed the electronics. G1 cassettes still fit inside him. We really need a true Blaster upgrade that looks like his G1 self. If only they made one in the Music Label line.
My must have products from 2013
Image
User avatar
Trikeboy
Brainmaster
Posts: 1415
News Credits: 9
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:33 pm
Location: Cupar, Scotland

Re: New e-Hobby/TFCC Collaboration Teaser

Postby KNM2012 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:42 pm

Trikeboy wrote:I know but at least the death and reformat actually paid off in the story. In Armada, Megatron gets damaged, gets restored after the battle with Nemisis Prime and says "Now as Galvatron..." Why did he change his name just because he got a new paint job? Then at the start of Energon he is Megatron again. Optimus Prime dies in the first damn episode of Transformers Animated.

I like when people do something new with the characters in hand. IDW are finally doing it, and quite well in my opinion. Shattered Glass was a breath of fresh air. Dungeons and Dinobots was one of my favorite pieces of Transfomers fiction ever.

Back on topic, I have decided to get this if only for the cassettes. I just wish they would have gone better with the rest of the already released SG toys.

Had to make sure. Because we just met and I wanted to make sure that The Rebirth did not traumatize you enough to phase out anything that pre-dates Beast Wars. ;)

And honestly, you can sum that up to them promoting the toyline. Because they needed to market the "powered up" Megatron in a way that kids will want it when they see it. Especially with it debuting in Japan first, and I think this was the era of fandom where I tried getting an Optimus Prime that did not have any QC issues. Plus, despite not getting into Animated, there is at least one character that I hope e-HOBBY will reissue. And also... I never got into any of IDW's stuff. I blame this on my dedication to Takara/Takara Tomy's faction. 8)

That, and I am thinking that if this version of SG is split into two versions, I will definitely consider getting into the e-HOBBY version. I already have three Henkei!/G1 characters, two Alternity characters, and "Arms Micons" Arcee. Because as great SG is, I'd like to see if this is a new version, and how it plays out. :-?
MY TRANSFORMERS FANDOM: 1984-2013
User avatar
KNM2012
Targetmaster
Posts: 688
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:03 pm
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: New e-Hobby/TFCC Collaboration Teaser

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:39 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:That, and I am thinking that if this version of SG is split into two versions, I will definitely consider getting into the e-HOBBY version. I already have three Henkei!/G1 characters, two Alternity characters, and "Arms Micons" Arcee. Because as great SG is, I'd like to see if this is a new version, and how it plays out. :-?
It's just e-HOBBY's means of introducing the American SG franchise to the Japanese market. It's not creating a separate "Japanese version" of SG, but a window to the existing SG franchise for the Japanese to access. Don't forget, this is both e-HOBBY and the TCC working together to create one product for both markets. ;)
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17374
News Credits: 110
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: New e-Hobby/TFCC Collaboration Teaser

Postby Trikeboy » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:52 am

Sabrblade wrote:
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:That, and I am thinking that if this version of SG is split into two versions, I will definitely consider getting into the e-HOBBY version. I already have three Henkei!/G1 characters, two Alternity characters, and "Arms Micons" Arcee. Because as great SG is, I'd like to see if this is a new version, and how it plays out. :-?
It's just e-HOBBY's means of introducing the American SG franchise to the Japanese market. It's not creating a separate "Japanese version" of SG, but a window to the existing SG franchise for the Japanese to access. Don't forget, this is both e-HOBBY and the TCC working together to create one product for both markets. ;)


Which is exactly why I'm praying for that MP Grimlock repaint into Goryu. TFCC wouldn't have been able to do it but e-Hobby certainly can.
My must have products from 2013
Image
User avatar
Trikeboy
Brainmaster
Posts: 1415
News Credits: 9
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:33 pm
Location: Cupar, Scotland

Re: New e-Hobby/TFCC Collaboration Teaser

Postby KNM2012 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:06 am

Sabrblade wrote:It's just e-HOBBY's means of introducing the American SG franchise to the Japanese market. It's not creating a separate "Japanese version" of SG, but a window to the existing SG franchise for the Japanese to access. Don't forget, this is both e-HOBBY and the TCC working together to create one product for both markets. ;)

Ummm... Yeah... This says otherwise: http://www.allspark.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=88937&st=40 :lol:

"Global New Year Special - VSE - Continuing in the Shattered Glass world - 'Solar Requiem' - Pre-Orders to begin in early September - eHOBBY Collaborative Exclusive - SG Soundwave vs. SG Blaster set - Bonus: Collaboration Comic (12 Pages, Color) - Custom sticker sheet - Deluxe packaging design."

In other words - This is a New Years set created by e-HOBBY for the Japanese market. They created the fiction, and are tying it to a SG version of the Takara Tomy 1985-1992 toyline and the events stated in the BOTCON 2012 "Invasion" storyline. TFCC has announced nothing, and we will be lucky to see if this is added to any part of the BOTCON 2013 toy line-up. ;)

Oh... And here is a point to what I am now saying: e-HOBBY has a history of doing "USA Exclusive" figures for Takara Tomy. They are continuing this tradition with the BOTCON 2012 "Invasion" set. So the only time we can see this coming is BOTCON 2013, and by then they may go with something else. :-?

Now if you don't mind... I need to remove more projects that have been stressing me out, as I want to go back to cataloging the entire Takara/Takara Tomy Generation 1 toyline... e-HOBBY, mail orders, and more. 8)
MY TRANSFORMERS FANDOM: 1984-2013
User avatar
KNM2012
Targetmaster
Posts: 688
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:03 pm
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: New e-Hobby/TFCC Collaboration Teaser

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:45 am

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:Ummm... Yeah... This says otherwise: http://www.allspark.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=88937&st=40 :lol:

"Global New Year Special - VSE - Continuing in the Shattered Glass world - 'Solar Requiem' - Pre-Orders to begin in early September - eHOBBY Collaborative Exclusive - SG Soundwave vs. SG Blaster set - Bonus: Collaboration Comic (12 Pages, Color) - Custom sticker sheet - Deluxe packaging design."

In other words - This is a New Years set created by e-HOBBY for the Japanese market.
Can't you see the words "global" and "collaborative" in your post?

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:They created the fiction, and are tying it to a SG version of the Takara Tomy 1985-1992 toyline and the events stated in the BOTCON 2012 "Invasion" storyline. TFCC has announced nothing, and we will be lucky to see if this is added to any part of the BOTCON 2013 toy line-up. ;)
You clearly overlooked the front page of this article that clearly has this Tweet from the TFCC:
Image

Not to mention that their logo is RIGHT THERE at the bottom of the front page image next to e-HOBBY's.

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:Oh... And here is a point to what I am now saying: e-HOBBY has a history of doing "USA Exclusive" figures for Takara Tomy. They are continuing this tradition with the BOTCON 2012 "Invasion" set. So the only time we can see this coming is BOTCON 2013, and by then they may go with something else. :-?
Yes, but this Solar Requiem set isn't one of those cases. It's a special dual-market team up promotion that both companies are working together (A.K.A. "collaborating") to release to both groups of consumers.

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:Now if you don't mind... I need to remove more projects that have been stressing me out, as I want to go back to cataloging the entire Takara/Takara Tomy Generation 1 toyline... e-HOBBY, mail orders, and more. 8)
Oh, come on. Just because you get into a debate with someone over a piece of TF media doesn't mean you have to stop liking it. What if you get into a debate over the Japanese G1 toyline (which is what appears to be your main interest)? Would drop that as well? Debates happen, man. They are part of all fandoms and that's perfectly acceptable. As long as things don't get out of hand, there's nothing wrong with having this kind of discussion. you just have to make the most of it. If everyone always agreed with everyone, then life would be boring as can be.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17374
News Credits: 110
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: New e-Hobby/TFCC Collaboration Teaser

Postby Trikeboy » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:36 am

Sabrblade wrote:
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:Now if you don't mind... I need to remove more projects that have been stressing me out, as I want to go back to cataloging the entire Takara/Takara Tomy Generation 1 toyline... e-HOBBY, mail orders, and more. 8)
Oh, come on. Just because you get into a debate with someone over a piece of TF media doesn't mean you have to stop liking it. What if you get into a debate over the Japanese G1 toyline (which is what appears to be your main interest)? Would drop that as well? Debates happen, man. They are part of all fandoms and that's perfectly acceptable. As long as things don't get out of hand, there's nothing wrong with having this kind of discussion. you just have to make the most of it. If everyone always agreed with everyone, then life would be boring as can be.


You know, if everyone quit after a discussion on the forums, there would not be a Transformers fan base online. We all just have to admit that there are things we like and not everyone will share those feelings. Like I said earlier, there are parts of Transformers I don't like but I don't let it ruin what I do like.
My must have products from 2013
Image
User avatar
Trikeboy
Brainmaster
Posts: 1415
News Credits: 9
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:33 pm
Location: Cupar, Scotland

Re: New e-Hobby/TFCC Collaboration Teaser

Postby El Duque » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:37 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
We posted the translation back when the promo poster first surfaced, but just in case you missed it and to make it official here's the English version of the poster as tweeted by the official Transformers Collectors' Club who will be offering this set.

  • Continuing in the Shattered Glass World: Solar Requiem
  • Preorders available in early September
  • e-Hobby Collaboration Exclusive Set: SG Soundwave vs. SG Blaster
  • Collaboration Comic (12 pages, color)
  • Custom Sticker Sheet
  • Deluxe Package Design

Image
User avatar
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9913
News Credits: 89
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:57 pm
Location: tornado alley

Re: New e-Hobby/TFCC Collaboration Teaser

Postby Seibertron » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:39 am

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Rated X wrote:Shattered Glass - a stupid storyline that justifies the existance of lazy repaints with no re-tooling.


We can't agree on 3rd party stuff, but I will definitely agree with you on this. Last thing we need are repaints of G1 figures in Shattered Glass colors, though these two I'll take because you can never have enough Cassettes.
Image

Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, + more!

For Sale: Unreleased G2 Combat Hero Optimus Prime and G2 Combat Hero Megatron
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23396
News Credits: 762
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: New e-Hobby/TFCC Collaboration Teaser

Postby Mkall » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:48 am

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
3 Autobot cassettes vs 2 Decepticon cassettes? That's just not fair.
Image

My Collection! Updated April 21, 2013
User avatar
Mkall
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14075
News Credits: 37
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:50 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Re: New e-Hobby/TFCC Collaboration Teaser

Postby El Duque » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:50 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
I was hoping this partnership would make TFCC better, instead it's made e-Hobby worse :(
User avatar
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9913
News Credits: 89
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:57 pm
Location: tornado alley

Re: New e-Hobby/TFCC Collaboration Teaser

Postby Bass X0 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:52 am

I disagree. I love seeing repaints of G1 toys even if they are not retooled. Doesn't matter to me if they are Shattered Glass or brand new characters even. In a way, Shattered Glass is more preferable because those characters actually have fiction for them already - whereas how often has Magnificus, Overcharge, Screech, Clamp Down, and other eHobby repaints been in fiction?

I hope to see more repaints of G1 toys in Shattered Glass colors. Devastator and Blitzwing would be quite nice.
Bass X0
Fuzor
Posts: 243
News Credits: 11
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 5:24 am

Re: New e-Hobby/TFCC Collaboration Teaser

Postby Trikeboy » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:07 am

Bass X0 wrote:I disagree. I love seeing repaints of G1 toys even if they are not retooled. Doesn't matter to me if they are Shattered Glass or brand new characters even. In a way, Shattered Glass is more preferable because those characters actually have fiction for them already - whereas how often has Magnificus, Overcharge, Screech, Clamp Down, and other eHobby repaints been in fiction?

I hope to see more repaints of G1 toys in Shattered Glass colors. Devastator and Blitzwing would be quite nice.


I ordered e-Hobby Magnificus specifically to put in my SG collection along with a few of the other repurposed toys I normally would of passed on. Also, this deal with e-Hobby is a great plus for those of us not in the US. It lets us get club exclusives without paying the $80 to join the club.
My must have products from 2013
Image
User avatar
Trikeboy
Brainmaster
Posts: 1415
News Credits: 9
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:33 pm
Location: Cupar, Scotland

Re: New e-Hobby/TFCC Collaboration Teaser

Postby Rated X » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:18 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Seibertron wrote:
Rated X wrote:Shattered Glass - a stupid storyline that justifies the existance of lazy repaints with no re-tooling.


We can't agree on 3rd party stuff, but I will definitely agree with you on this. Last thing we need are repaints of G1 figures in Shattered Glass colors, though these two I'll take because you can never have enough Cassettes.



Agreed. I want those cassettes too. I just got the Soundblaster/Twincast releases mainly for the cassettes. Lets see how they price these. On Shattered Glass, I do like purple Primes because they just look too cool. I also like how some of the 2012 SG figures pose as classics Diaclone figures. Im all for a black Ironhide in the future.
Last edited by Rated X on Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5995
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: New e-Hobby/TFCC Collaboration Teaser

Postby Trikeboy » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:21 am

Rated X wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
Rated X wrote:Shattered Glass - a stupid storyline that justifies the existance of lazy repaints with no re-tooling.


We can't agree on 3rd party stuff, but I will definitely agree with you on this. Last thing we need are repaints of G1 figures in Shattered Glass colors, though these two I'll take because you can never have enough Cassettes.



Agreed. I want those cassettes too. I just got the Soundblaster/Twincast releases mainly for the cassettes. Lets see ow they price these.


Haha, me too. I got Encore Soundblaster for Enemy and Wingthing. Twincast could have been easily passed on but I didn't have Twincast yet.
My must have products from 2013
Image
User avatar
Trikeboy
Brainmaster
Posts: 1415
News Credits: 9
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:33 pm
Location: Cupar, Scotland

Re: New e-Hobby/TFCC Collaboration Teaser

Postby Seibertron » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:22 am

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Rated X wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
Rated X wrote:Shattered Glass - a stupid storyline that justifies the existance of lazy repaints with no re-tooling.


We can't agree on 3rd party stuff, but I will definitely agree with you on this. Last thing we need are repaints of G1 figures in Shattered Glass colors, though these two I'll take because you can never have enough Cassettes.



Agreed. I want those cassettes too. I just got the Soundblaster/Twincast releases mainly for the cassettes. Lets see how they price these. On Shattered Glass, I do like purple Primes because they just look too cool. I also like how some of the 2012 SG figures pose as classics Diaclone figures. Im all for a black Ironhide in the future.


The dual purpose ones are excellent. If it can stand in for a Diaclone homage as well, I think that's great. Bring on black Perceptor, Tigertracks, red Sunstreaker and whoever else they want to give us that fills an SG and Diaclone spot. I just hope this is a one time deal ... as I expect more creative ways to give us new products than just repainting figures into their polar opposite.
Image

Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, + more!

For Sale: Unreleased G2 Combat Hero Optimus Prime and G2 Combat Hero Megatron
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23396
News Credits: 762
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: New e-Hobby/TFCC Collaboration Teaser

Postby KNM2012 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:25 am

Sabrblade wrote:Can't you see the words "global" and "collaborative" in your post?


And can't you ever see past your desire of being right? How about the actual facts that you seem to always ignore in hopes of being right? You seem to do both very well. So let me make this extremely clear, as I have a birthday to celebrate:

THIS. IS. A. E-HOBBY. PRODUCT. That means it is being created, and sold by e-HOBBY.

It is also a New Years-based item. That means that those who pre-order theirs, regardless of where they live, will get theirs.

This is based on a BOTCON 2012 storyline. Not anything sold solely by TFCC, but the BOTCON portion that has Hasbro's TFCC branch make the toys.

That means that if or when we see it, it will be put out as late as BOTCON 2013. BOTCON having their own version will guarantee it being a global item, but it does not guarantee the e-HOBBY bonus items.

Therefor, you are telling a person who has to talk like that to you the idea that he ignored everything you ignored. Now does it feel so keen to make an argument where you ignore the facts in hopes of being right? ;)

Sabrblade wrote:You clearly overlooked the front page of this article that clearly has this Tweet from the TFCC:
Image

Not to mention that their logo is RIGHT THERE at the bottom of the front page image next to e-HOBBY's.


Oh... I am sorry for following their Facebook page, their official website, and e-HOBBY's official Facebook page to care about Twitter. So what is that? Twitter for you and everything else for me? :-?

Sabrblade wrote:Yes, but this Solar Requiem set isn't one of those cases. It's a special dual-market team up promotion that both companies are working together (A.K.A. "collaborating") to release to both groups of consumers.


You clearly do not get the term "collaboration." No longer surprised. :lol:

Collaboration, in this case, means that one company (i.e. Hasbro/TFCC) supplies the other company (e-HOBBY) a product that can tie any Transformers brand into it. The company takes what fiction they are given and creates a product for their region, and returns the favor by offering the product and any given fiction back to the company they chose to work with.

In this case, e-HOBBY sells it as an exclusive through their site. And in return, TFCC sells it as a BOTCON exclusive. Easy as that. :lol: And also, mind you, if e-HOBBY treats this as another "Alternity" Ultra Magnus, do not expect to see their "bonus items" be added to the possible BOTCON set. ;)

Sabrblade wrote:Oh, come on. Just because you get into a debate with someone over a piece of TF media doesn't mean you have to stop liking it. What if you get into a debate over the Japanese G1 toyline (which is what appears to be your main interest)? Would drop that as well? Debates happen, man. They are part of all fandoms and that's perfectly acceptable. As long as things don't get out of hand, there's nothing wrong with having this kind of discussion. you just have to make the most of it. If everyone always agreed with everyone, then life would be boring as can be.


Sabrblade... You do not debate. You denounce what is said to you because you want it to be wrong. You have not, at all, read what I stated, and told me that I was wrong. And instead of getting to know me, all you do is make ignorant claims that have you vying to be right. Yet, you end up ignoring chunks of facts that could make you right the next time it happens.

Want to know what really burned me out on things? It is a combination of working on projects tied to products I do not care at the expense of my anxiety hitting all-time highs, and people like you not bothering to accept the facts given to us by the company... Much less me... Because it means that you can be wrong about something. :roll:

So yeah... I end up wasting more time explaining stuff to you that you say is "wrong" because you chose assume anything that is said to you as such. And in the end, it has me think you are less knowledgeable about these things, and need to be spoon fed facts by those who do not question your "knowledge." Hence why I follow what TFwiki says and have to question things you say. So I hope that is understandable, as it is the truth. ;)

Now if you don't mind... I will just say thanks for understanding that I don't care about anything but the actual facts and leave it at that, Sabrblade. Especially since I both wanted to like this line and try to take you (on stuff like this) serious, but I cannot because you decided to make it about your facts... And not the fact that e-HOBBY is trying to make a fun product for the Japanese fanbase first, and American collectors second. 8)
Last edited by KNM2012 on Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
MY TRANSFORMERS FANDOM: 1984-2013
User avatar
KNM2012
Targetmaster
Posts: 688
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:03 pm
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: New e-Hobby/TFCC Collaboration Teaser

Postby Seibertron » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:32 am

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:Now if you do not mind... I have priorities to get done, a birthday to enjoy, and time to decide if you are as knowledgeable as you say you are... Or... You just take the time believing anything others tell you to the point that you must disagree with those who say otherwise. ;)


Saberblade is very knowledgeable. But he is human and people can make mistakes occasionally. After reading what you both wrote, I think it might be best if you both cool down for a little bit before posting in this topic further. Thanks.
Image

Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, + more!

For Sale: Unreleased G2 Combat Hero Optimus Prime and G2 Combat Hero Megatron
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23396
News Credits: 762
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #102 - Hidden Mickeys
Twincast / Podcast #102:
"Hidden Mickeys"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 5th, 2014