Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

New Galleries: Masterpiece Transformers

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: New Galleries: Masterpiece Transformers

Postby reluctantyouth » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:43 am

Sunstorm is selling better than Acid Storm did. There were 4-5 Acid Storms sitting in my TRU for months before they were gone. I passed on Acid Storm and waited for Sunstorm. I love the new color scheme more than Takara as well. I just have Screamer, Skywarp, and Sunstorm for my MP seekers...that's all I need and each stands out on their own...love the contrast. :BOT:
reluctantyouth
Minibot
Posts: 183
News Credits: 14
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:36 pm

Re: New Galleries: Masterpiece Transformers

Postby Seibertron » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:59 am

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Economus Prime wrote:The stand with the three movable bars that you use for the Masterpiece Seekers, where did you get it?


I get them from FlightPose.com: http://flightpose.com/

Speaking of stands, I heard that the AOE Dinobots or some other group (can't remember for sure) all have a standard port on their backside that supposedly is compatible with Bandai's figure stands. Can anyone point me in the right direction of what stand I need to purchase?
Image

Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, + more!

For Sale: Unreleased G2 Combat Hero Optimus Prime and G2 Combat Hero Megatron
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23421
News Credits: 765
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: New Galleries: Masterpiece Transformers

Postby Seibertron » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:01 am

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
reluctantyouth wrote:Sunstorm is selling better than Acid Storm did. There were 4-5 Acid Storms sitting in my TRU for months before they were gone. I passed on Acid Storm and waited for Sunstorm. I love the new color scheme more than Takara as well. I just have Screamer, Skywarp, and Sunstorm for my MP seekers...that's all I need and each stands out on their own...love the contrast. :BOT:


I agree. The demand for Sunstorm is surprising to me. I don't think the color scheme is that bad ... but that might be because I don't think the Takara one or the Hasbro one are a true "Sunstorm" to me. Whatever happened to Sunstorm being orange with white? Now that would be a true Masterpiece Sunstorm to me.
Image

Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, + more!

For Sale: Unreleased G2 Combat Hero Optimus Prime and G2 Combat Hero Megatron
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23421
News Credits: 765
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: New Galleries: Masterpiece Transformers

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:05 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Seibertron wrote:Speaking of stands, I heard that the AOE Dinobots or some other group (can't remember for sure) all have a standard port on their backside that supposedly is compatible with Bandai's figure stands. Can anyone point me in the right direction of what stand I need to purchase?


All Generations figures, at least the Deluxes, have a port in te back of the hips. A regular Tamashii stand will do just fine. Those are used for high-end figures like S.H. Figuarts.
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD Grimlock, Hightower and Wedge (Heavy Load acquired)
3) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
4) Arms Micron Terrorcon Bumblebee
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14902
News Credits: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: Delft, the Netherlands; McKinney, Texas, USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: New Galleries: Masterpiece Transformers

Postby Seibertron » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:58 am

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Seibertron wrote:Speaking of stands, I heard that the AOE Dinobots or some other group (can't remember for sure) all have a standard port on their backside that supposedly is compatible with Bandai's figure stands. Can anyone point me in the right direction of what stand I need to purchase?


All Generations figures, at least the Deluxes, have a port in te back of the hips. A regular Tamashii stand will do just fine. Those are used for high-end figures like S.H. Figuarts.


Is this what you are referring to?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss? ... tage+clear

Image
Image

Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, + more!

For Sale: Unreleased G2 Combat Hero Optimus Prime and G2 Combat Hero Megatron
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23421
News Credits: 765
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: New Galleries: Masterpiece Transformers

Postby Seibertron » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:59 am

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
This would have been really awesome for Sunstorm's galleries:

http://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Tamashii-N ... shii+stage

Image
Image

Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, + more!

For Sale: Unreleased G2 Combat Hero Optimus Prime and G2 Combat Hero Megatron
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23421
News Credits: 765
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: New Galleries: Masterpiece Transformers

Postby OptimalOptimus2 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:20 am

Motto: "Execution of all life is not the road to conquest."
Weapon: Oxidating Laser
Seibertron wrote:This would have been really awesome for Sunstorm's galleries:

http://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Tamashii-N ... shii+stage

Image

You could use this for the Movie Toy Galleries. There isn't a Transformer without an explosion in the background. :michaelbay:
User avatar
OptimalOptimus2
Combiner
Posts: 490
News Credits: 10
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:49 pm
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Re: New Galleries: Masterpiece Transformers

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:29 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Seibertron wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Seibertron wrote:Speaking of stands, I heard that the AOE Dinobots or some other group (can't remember for sure) all have a standard port on their backside that supposedly is compatible with Bandai's figure stands. Can anyone point me in the right direction of what stand I need to purchase?


All Generations figures, at least the Deluxes, have a port in te back of the hips. A regular Tamashii stand will do just fine. Those are used for high-end figures like S.H. Figuarts.


Is this what you are referring to?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss? ... tage+clear

Image


That's the one. Some Figuarts figures come with their own versions, differing only in whats printed on it. That's all I can tell you, maybe somebody can fill in some of the details?
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD Grimlock, Hightower and Wedge (Heavy Load acquired)
3) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
4) Arms Micron Terrorcon Bumblebee
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14902
News Credits: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: Delft, the Netherlands; McKinney, Texas, USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: New Galleries: Masterpiece Transformers

Postby Doubledealer93 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:03 am

Motto: "A logical mind is a healthy mind."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
That McSunstorm looks bad. and the KO prowl has my money. =;
Image

check out my collection thread, updated 2/25/13, and i kinda lost count, i have to count them again....
doubledealer93-s-collection-as-of-2-25-13-t84309.php
my tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/doubledealer93
My deviant art, loads more pics there--> http://doubledealer93.deviantart.com/
User avatar
Doubledealer93
City Commander
Posts: 3848
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 3:19 pm
Location: Ohio
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 10+
Courage: 5
Firepower: 1
Skill: ???

Re: New Galleries: Masterpiece Transformers

Postby Doubledealer93 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:04 am

Motto: "A logical mind is a healthy mind."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Seibertron wrote:Speaking of stands, I heard that the AOE Dinobots or some other group (can't remember for sure) all have a standard port on their backside that supposedly is compatible with Bandai's figure stands. Can anyone point me in the right direction of what stand I need to purchase?


All Generations figures, at least the Deluxes, have a port in te back of the hips. A regular Tamashii stand will do just fine. Those are used for high-end figures like S.H. Figuarts.


Is this what you are referring to?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss? ... tage+clear

Image


That's the one. Some Figuarts figures come with their own versions, differing only in whats printed on it. That's all I can tell you, maybe somebody can fill in some of the details?


the voyagers have the port too. look on them.
Image

check out my collection thread, updated 2/25/13, and i kinda lost count, i have to count them again....
doubledealer93-s-collection-as-of-2-25-13-t84309.php
my tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/doubledealer93
My deviant art, loads more pics there--> http://doubledealer93.deviantart.com/
User avatar
Doubledealer93
City Commander
Posts: 3848
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 3:19 pm
Location: Ohio
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 10+
Courage: 5
Firepower: 1
Skill: ???

Re: New Galleries: Masterpiece Transformers

Postby Seibertron » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:20 am

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Doubledealer93 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Seibertron wrote:Speaking of stands, I heard that the AOE Dinobots or some other group (can't remember for sure) all have a standard port on their backside that supposedly is compatible with Bandai's figure stands. Can anyone point me in the right direction of what stand I need to purchase?


All Generations figures, at least the Deluxes, have a port in te back of the hips. A regular Tamashii stand will do just fine. Those are used for high-end figures like S.H. Figuarts.


Is this what you are referring to?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss? ... tage+clear

Image


That's the one. Some Figuarts figures come with their own versions, differing only in whats printed on it. That's all I can tell you, maybe somebody can fill in some of the details?


the voyagers have the port too. look on them.


Next question ... anyone know where I can those that is cheaper than the current prices on Amazon?
Image

Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, + more!

For Sale: Unreleased G2 Combat Hero Optimus Prime and G2 Combat Hero Megatron
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23421
News Credits: 765
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

New Galleries: Masterpiece MP-18S Silverstreak, MP-12T Tigertrack and MP-11S Sunstorm

Postby Va'al » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:15 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Just yesterday we offered you two Hasbro Masterpiece Transformers, Prowl and Sunstorm - what do you say to three more, from Takara Tomy? Seibertron.com brings you the Takara incarnation of the flaming Seeker MP-11S Sunstorm, a redeco of the Prowl mold in MP-18S Silverstreak, and the yellow version of the Lambor mold MP12T Tigertrack! All of which can be viewed in their full galleries by clicking on any of the images below.


Transformers Masterpiece Silverstreak

Image

Image

Image

Image


Transformers Masterpiece Tigertrack

Image

Image

Image

Image


Transformers Masterpiece Sunstorm

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!


Image
Avatar image by sabrigami
User avatar
Va'al
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7012
News Credits: 67
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: UK, Italy
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: New Galleries: Masterpiece Transformers

Postby Convoy » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:51 am

I'm kicking myself for not jumping on that MP-11S when the price was right.
Convoy
Minibot
Posts: 162
News Credits: 6
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 11:36 am

Re: New Galleries: Masterpiece Transformers

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:36 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Seibertron wrote:I don't think the color scheme is that bad ... but that might be because I don't think the Takara one or the Hasbro one are a true "Sunstorm" to me. Whatever happened to Sunstorm being orange with white? Now that would be a true Masterpiece Sunstorm to me.
While I can see where you're coming from with this, the Takara one is at least closer to the deco of the original inspiration for the e-HOBBY G1 Sunstorm toy:

Image



...Which now has me curious about why e-HOBBY decided to go with such an orange shade for their G1 Sunstorm toy instead of gold. :-?
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17746
News Credits: 111
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: New Galleries: Masterpiece Transformers

Postby Seibertron » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:01 pm

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Sabrblade wrote:
Seibertron wrote:I don't think the color scheme is that bad ... but that might be because I don't think the Takara one or the Hasbro one are a true "Sunstorm" to me. Whatever happened to Sunstorm being orange with white? Now that would be a true Masterpiece Sunstorm to me.
While I can see where you're coming from with this, the Takara one is at least closer to the deco of the original inspiration for the e-HOBBY G1 Sunstorm toy:

Image



...Which now has me curious about why e-HOBBY decided to go with such an orange shade for their G1 Sunstorm toy instead of gold. :-?


That's definitely debatable. I think Sunstorm has a pretty firm precedent as an orangish and white Transformer toy between all of his toy and fictional appearances. Yellow Sunstorm is fairly new. While I would rather the BotCon "Sunstorm" be a more yellowish color with white instead of black, the shade of the BotCon figure is probably closer to his cartoon appearance above, but with the black, it doesn't make for a good Sunstorm either.
Image

Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, + more!

For Sale: Unreleased G2 Combat Hero Optimus Prime and G2 Combat Hero Megatron
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23421
News Credits: 765
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: New Galleries: Masterpiece Transformers

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:17 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Seibertron wrote:That's definitely debatable. I think Sunstorm has a pretty firm precedent as an orangish and white Transformer toy between all of his toy and fictional appearances. Yellow Sunstorm is fairly new. While I would rather the BotCon "Sunstorm" be a more yellowish color with white instead of black, the shade of the BotCon figure is probably closer to his cartoon appearance above, but with the black, it doesn't make for a good Sunstorm either.
Hmm, yeah, looking at the comparison pics in the gallery, I agree that the BotCon figure got the shade of gold right (didn't realize how banana the Takara MP was compared to the BotCon figure). Though, the Takara MP did at least get the color layout closer to that of both the cartoon model and the e-HOBBY toy. It mostly just needed its fading dark-to-light yellow to be all gold instead. :)

Still, I do gotta wonder if there's a story behind the e-HOBBY G1 figure being so citrus orange instead of cheddar gold, unless someone at e-HOBBY just thought the animation model was that dark. *shrugs*
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17746
News Credits: 111
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: New Galleries: Masterpiece Transformers

Postby Seibertron » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:19 pm

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Sabrblade wrote:Still, I do gotta wonder if there's a story behind the e-HOBBY G1 figure being so citrus orange instead of cheddar gold, unless someone at e-HOBBY just thought the animation model was that dark. *shrugs*


I always just compared it to the differences in the gray used for Starscream as a toy versus how he looked in the show.
Image

Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, + more!

For Sale: Unreleased G2 Combat Hero Optimus Prime and G2 Combat Hero Megatron
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23421
News Credits: 765
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: New Galleries: Masterpiece Transformers

Postby Downbeat » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:20 pm

Motto: "Can't think and I'm feeling fine."
Weapon: Electro-Disruptor
Is there a translation for Silverstreak's bio? I'm interested if his name means he's a different dude.
Image
User avatar
Downbeat
Minibot
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:42 pm
Location: The Gates of Steel
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 5
Rank: 1
Courage: 4
Firepower: 3
Skill: 9

Re: New Galleries: Masterpiece Transformers

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:24 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Downbeat wrote:Is there a translation for Silverstreak's bio? I'm interested if his name means he's a different dude.
I know that someone looked it over and figured out that it's just a version of regular Bluestreak instead of a new guy. Talking about how he talks a lot and other such Bluestreak-y things.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17746
News Credits: 111
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: New Galleries: Masterpiece Transformers

Postby Mr_Autobot411 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:40 pm

F U Hasbro

first u charge ppl 60 bucks for leader class figures that are way smaller and cheaply made then the prev leader class figures.

then u re-release grimlock and charge 100 for him!

now u release prowl for 100 and a f'ing brown headed sunstorm! for 100 as well.....

gimme a break! this is why 3rd parties are kicking your asses!

i got my takara prowl for 65 bucks............! :HEADHURTS:
Mr_Autobot411
Micromaster
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:59 pm

Re: New Galleries: Masterpiece Transformers

Postby Seibertron » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:24 pm

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Mr_Autobot411 wrote:F U Hasbro

first u charge ppl 60 bucks for leader class figures that are way smaller and cheaply made then the prev leader class figures.

then u re-release grimlock and charge 100 for him!

now u release prowl for 100 and a f'ing brown headed sunstorm! for 100 as well.....

gimme a break! this is why 3rd parties are kicking your asses!

i got my takara prowl for 65 bucks............! :HEADHURTS:


While I understand your frustrations, the prices u listed are incorrect. Leader Class figures are 45, MP prowl was 70 and MP sunstorm was 80. Not ideal but definitely cheaper than the prices u mentioned.
Image

Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, + more!

For Sale: Unreleased G2 Combat Hero Optimus Prime and G2 Combat Hero Megatron
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23421
News Credits: 765
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: New Galleries: Masterpiece Transformers

Postby shajaki » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:51 pm

Motto: "a man who wants nothing is invincible."
Mr_Autobot411 wrote:F U Hasbro

first u charge ppl 60 bucks for leader class figures that are way smaller and cheaply made then the prev leader class figures.

then u re-release grimlock and charge 100 for him!

now u release prowl for 100 and a f'ing brown headed sunstorm! for 100 as well.....

gimme a break! this is why 3rd parties are kicking your asses!

i got my takara prowl for 65 bucks............! :HEADHURTS:
theres reasons for the route they took with the movie figures this time around:

Image

grimlock, you shoulda bought him the first time around. or bought the takara one which would have been more expensive, THEN would have had to be imported. i bought the first TRU grimlock and im pretty sure i paid around $100 for him (but keep in mind im in canada).

prowl isnt $100. isnt he like 70 or 80? more expensive sure than takaras (and thats only pending on where you got him) but outrageous? i dont think so. ill concede that he shoulda come with the launchers though.

sunstorm i have no words for, other than he's selling, better than acid storm which was far better in my opinion. i thought takaras sunstorm was amazing but people hated that one too. so whadya gonna do?

sorry to everyone out there... just getting bogged down with all the negativity lately... :-(
Image
currently seeking:

-ehobby reissues ramjet and thrust
-henkei dinobot
-beast wars returns strika BR-13
-beast wars fox kids dinobot (loose & MISB)
for trade: TRU 2014 MP grimlock
User avatar
shajaki
Godmaster
Posts: 1724
News Credits: 7
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:56 pm
Location: edmonton alberta CA
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Re: New Galleries: Masterpiece Transformers

Postby Mr_Autobot411 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:54 pm

my bad forgot to mention i live in canada, the prices im quoting are directly from toys r us.....prowl might be 89.99 or 99.99 actually

leader class figures here in canada are 59.99

and i did get grimlock for 69 when he first came out. I feel sorry for all the ppl that are paying 100 for him here in canada.

Hasbro is ripping off fans and collectors bottom line.
Mr_Autobot411
Micromaster
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:59 pm

Re: New Galleries: Masterpiece Transformers

Postby User897 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:41 pm

Why Hasbro? Why the hell did you paint the copyright info in black inside the left foot, which is white? Talk about sticking out like a sore thumb!

Forget this guy anyway. If I really wanted Prowl, I'd just go for the Takara version. I am very disappointed that Hasbro is yet again cheapening things I like.
User avatar
User897
Vehicon
Posts: 331
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:09 pm
Buy from User897 on eBay

Re: New Galleries: Masterpiece Transformers

Postby Seibertron » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:12 pm

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
User897 wrote:Why Hasbro? Why the hell did you paint the copyright info in black inside the left foot, which is white? Talk about sticking out like a sore thumb!

Forget this guy anyway. If I really wanted Prowl, I'd just go for the Takara version. I am very disappointed that Hasbro is yet again cheapening things I like.


And on that note ... you found the essentially sole difference between the Hasbro and Takara toys. I didn't even notice that but it's right there in the pictures.

Image
Image

Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, + more!

For Sale: Unreleased G2 Combat Hero Optimus Prime and G2 Combat Hero Megatron
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23421
News Credits: 765
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #105 - Megatronus
Twincast / Podcast #105:
"Megatronus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, November 23rd, 2014