New Galleries: Transformers Beast Wars, Beast Wars II, Neo, and Beast Machines

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: New Galleries: Transformers Beast Wars, Beast Wars II, Neo, and Beast Machines

Postby Seibertron » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:47 pm

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
shajaki wrote:hey seibs! i know you recently acquired a beast wars returns strika. can i assume you have a full set of BWR figures? when are you planning to get some of those galleries up? :-?


Sooner than later for some of them. BWR Tankor, Thrust, Jetstorm, Obsidian and Strika are at the top of my list and I hope to have them completed before the end of the year. I am looking for decent prices on Savage Noble and Megahead Megatron and have not acquired them yet. If I recall correctly, the rest of the figures are basically identical to their Hasbro releases.
Image

Want List: Browning, Dai Atlas and the Big Powered Giftset, Galaxy Shuttle, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, + more!
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 24063
News Credits: 854
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 6:17 pm
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: New Galleries: Transformers Beast Wars, Beast Wars II, Neo, and Beast Machines

Postby shajaki » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:58 pm

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
Seibertron wrote:
shajaki wrote:hey seibs! i know you recently acquired a beast wars returns strika. can i assume you have a full set of BWR figures? when are you planning to get some of those galleries up? :-?
Sooner than later for some of them. BWR Tankor, Thrust, Jetstorm, Obsidian and Strika are at the top of my list and I hope to have them completed before the end of the year. I am looking for decent prices on Savage Noble and Megahead Megatron and have not acquired them yet. If I recall correctly, the rest of the figures are basically identical to their Hasbro releases.
ill be on the edge of my seat ;)

and yeah, to my knowledge the figures that arent obviously different were actually exactly the same as hasbros. but please correct me if im wrong.
Last edited by shajaki on Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Currently Seeking:

-Botcon BW Megatron, Waspinator, Buzzsaw, Laserbeak
-Beast Wars Returns Strika BR-13
-MP10A Bape Convoy
User avatar
shajaki
News Staff
Posts: 4897
News Credits: 138
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:56 pm
Location: Edmonton Alberta Canada
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Re: New Galleries: Transformers Beast Wars, Beast Wars II, Neo, and Beast Machines

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:04 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
The Beast Wars Returns figures that are the same as their Hasbro counterparts are Convoy, Cheetus, Rattle, Nightscream, and Megatron. All the others are redecos.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 21575
News Credits: 150
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: New Galleries: Transformers Beast Wars, Beast Wars II, Neo, and Beast Machines

Postby xyl360 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:31 pm

Yep, pretty much all of the Deluxe Vehicon drones are different in the Takara BWR releases (and incidentally are typically more show accurate to represent either the drones or their Vehicon General counterparts). I have the Takara Beast Wars Returns versions of the motorcycle drone, tank drone and Strika as Vehicon generals Thrust, Tankor and Strika on my shelf. I'll be using the Takara Generations Tankor as my general once I get that though. I have BWR Jetstorm but I don't believe he's very different (if at all) compared to the US release.
Image
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come.

And you will know my name is MEGATRON when I lay my vengeance upon you!
User avatar
xyl360
City Commander
Posts: 3011
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:54 am

Re: New Galleries: Transformers Beast Wars, Beast Wars II, Neo, and Beast Machines

Postby shajaki » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:01 pm

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
xyl360 wrote:I have BWR Jetstorm but I don't believe he's very different (if at all) compared to the US release.
i was going to quote sarblade and say what about jetstorm. does anyone know if theres any differences between the BM and BWR jetstorm?
Image
Currently Seeking:

-Botcon BW Megatron, Waspinator, Buzzsaw, Laserbeak
-Beast Wars Returns Strika BR-13
-MP10A Bape Convoy
User avatar
shajaki
News Staff
Posts: 4897
News Credits: 138
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:56 pm
Location: Edmonton Alberta Canada
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Re: New Galleries: Transformers Beast Wars, Beast Wars II, Neo, and Beast Machines

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:06 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
shajaki wrote:
xyl360 wrote:I have BWR Jetstorm but I don't believe he's very different (if at all) compared to the US release.
i was going to quote sarblade and say what about jetstorm. does anyone know if theres any differences between the BM and BWR jetstorm?


The differences are minor, and best explained here:

BM Jetstorm entry on TFU.info (scroll down for variants)
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD Grimlock, Hightower & Wedge
3) Energon Sledge, Duststorm, Bonecrusher & Wideload
4) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16540
News Credits: 22
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:45 am
Location: Delft, the Netherlands; McKinney, Texas, USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: New Galleries: Transformers Beast Wars, Beast Wars II, Neo, and Beast Machines

Postby shajaki » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:15 pm

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:The differences are minor, and best explained here:
BM Jetstorm entry on TFU.info (scroll down for variants)
i know all about tfu, so that was a big DUR moment for me.

he has some subtle (but very nice) differences. his secondary (or tertiary i dunno) color of plastic is like, seafoam green instead of red. no yellow on the face. and those yellow/orange lines on his abdomen are blue instead. very nice. ill have to get him now!
Image
Currently Seeking:

-Botcon BW Megatron, Waspinator, Buzzsaw, Laserbeak
-Beast Wars Returns Strika BR-13
-MP10A Bape Convoy
User avatar
shajaki
News Staff
Posts: 4897
News Credits: 138
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:56 pm
Location: Edmonton Alberta Canada
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Re: New Galleries: Transformers Beast Wars, Beast Wars II, Neo, and Beast Machines

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:21 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
shajaki wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:The differences are minor, and best explained here:
BM Jetstorm entry on TFU.info (scroll down for variants)
i know all about tfu, so that was a big DUR moment for me.

he has some subtle (but very nice) differences. his secondary (or tertiary i dunno) color of plastic is like, seafoam green instead of red. no yellow on the face. and those yellow/orange lines on his abdomen are blue instead. very nice. ill have to get him now!
90% of all his gray plastic was also changed to blue. That's a pretty substantial difference.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 21575
News Credits: 150
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: New Galleries: Transformers Beast Wars, Beast Wars II, Neo, and Beast Machines

Postby shajaki » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:25 pm

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
Sabrblade wrote:
shajaki wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:The differences are minor, and best explained here:
BM Jetstorm entry on TFU.info (scroll down for variants)
i know all about tfu, so that was a big DUR moment for me.

he has some subtle (but very nice) differences. his secondary (or tertiary i dunno) color of plastic is like, seafoam green instead of red. no yellow on the face. and those yellow/orange lines on his abdomen are blue instead. very nice. ill have to get him now!
90% of all his gray plastic was also changed to blue. That's a pretty substantial difference.
right right! i noticed that but forgot to mention it.

i wonder if it suffers from the flaking chrome as bad as his hasbro counterpart. i recently acquired a MISB ultra jetstorm, and his chrome is all cracked and ready to fall off inside the box. not to mention my original jetsorm shared the same fate :-(
Image
Currently Seeking:

-Botcon BW Megatron, Waspinator, Buzzsaw, Laserbeak
-Beast Wars Returns Strika BR-13
-MP10A Bape Convoy
User avatar
shajaki
News Staff
Posts: 4897
News Credits: 138
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:56 pm
Location: Edmonton Alberta Canada
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Re: New Galleries: Transformers Beast Wars, Beast Wars II, Neo, and Beast Machines

Postby xyl360 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:33 pm

Hey Ryan, I'm sorry to be beating a dead horse like this, but in your latest Beast Wars/RiD galleries I notice that while you have comparison shots aplenty between the various versions/variants etc., there is actually no information whatsoever either in the images nor the galleries themselves (nor links to) regarding what figures you're actually comparing them to, who released them (Hasbro, Takara etc.), in what lines they were released (i.e. Beast Wars or RiD in this case) and where the galleries for those figures they're being compared to can be found (no cross-linking).

I'm not necessarily asking for all of that (though it would be ideal), but at least one aspect of that, particularly cross-linking the galleries. At least for cases like this where both galleries exist at the same time/were created relatively close to each other (I assume less effort on your part that way since you don't have to dig through old galleries to find each version etc. to cross link them).
Image
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come.

And you will know my name is MEGATRON when I lay my vengeance upon you!
User avatar
xyl360
City Commander
Posts: 3011
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:54 am

Re: New Galleries: Transformers Beast Wars, Beast Wars II, Neo, and Beast Machines

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:13 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Bumping this topic because, Ryan, there's been an update on the mysterious red-chested/silver-horned variant of Rampage.

In the same source I found out about the variant, another user has posted more photos of the toy and clarifies that the previous people were incorrect in thinking it was a running change variant, and instead confirms that it was the very first variant of the figure, with the more common orange-chest/orange-horned version being the running change.

I'll quote his message:
1987olds442 wrote:Sorry to bump and older thread, but I thought I would try to help :)

What you have there is actually the very first release of Rampage. I have that one as well and the revision one with the gold on the head and chest. If you have both versions boxes the first releases of Rampage was originally in a larger box with a slightly different UPC code. I have my boxes and boxed figures in storage right now, but from memory the originals ended with 00 and the more common running changes end with 01 or 02. The 00 ones only existed in the store for a blink of an eye. I say the only saw one release before they replaced them with the more common gold revision cases.

Here is a old picture of my Rampage when he was pretty much brand new.
Image

Here is the last picture that I took before boxing him up and moving.
Image

There is also a first release Depth Charge as well that is more show accurate with different paint on his face.
Image
Image
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 21575
News Credits: 150
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Previous

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #123 - Vroom Vroom Vroom
Twincast / Podcast #123:
"Vroom Vroom Vroom"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Tuesday, August 18th, 2015