Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

New Hot Toys Optimus Prime Starscream Version

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: New Hot Toys Optimus Prime Starscream Version

Postby Rated X » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:38 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Optimus Starscream ???

That's dumb...

Really dumb...
Image

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6048
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: New Hot Toys Optimus Prime Starscream Version

Postby robotmel » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:32 am

Motto: "I once pooped an Energon Cube!"
Weapon: Dino-Missiles
:D
Apart from the fact this is a non-transforming display piece, this is a very nice concept, taking Starscreams parts giving this big ole truck the power of flight! It looks so wrong but has the possibility to be a great story?

I would love to see this concept 'fleshed' out in a comic book, taking Prime down the dark roads of back street Cybertron, angered and high on unpure energon! :twisted:

Someone get on to Alex Milne and Simon Furman to make this happen! :grin:
ROBOTMEL'S WANTS LIST! :BOT: PM ME PLEASE!
RID - Ultra Magnus (God Magnus) (COMPLETE)
Perfect Effect - Rumble & Frenzy, Ejector & Rewinder (COMPLETE)
Alternity - Cliffjumper, Ultra Magnus, Thundercracker, Skywarp (COMPLETE)
Fansproject - Assaulter (Broadside) (COMPLETE)
Masterpiece - Starscream (Hasbro G1 colour) (COMPLETE)
IDW Transformers (2009 Ongoing) - #22b (VF/NM)
MARVEL Generation 2 - Halloween Special (VF/NM)
User avatar
robotmel
Godmaster
Posts: 1914
News Credits: 8
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:22 am
Location: Great Britain
Buy from robotmel on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: New Hot Toys Optimus Prime Starscream Version

Postby Mykltron » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:29 am

Motto: "If I win again I'm still the champion. If you win HAH! that's just impossible.

Weapon: tea cup."
No, we don't need yet another non-transforming Optimus figure, thank you.
Image

Why not take a look at My TF Repaints? Updated 29th November

TFs for sale (TFA, Classics, Movie, PCC)
User avatar
Mykltron
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6091
News Credits: 10
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:43 am
Location: Nearby. Watching.

Re: New Hot Toys Optimus Prime Starscream Version

Postby Nemesis Primal » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:49 pm

Motto: "It's best to want AND have!"
Weapon: Plasma Mine Blaster
Mykltron wrote:No, we don't need yet another non-transforming Optimus figure, thank you.


And if we're going to keep getting them anyway, I repeat my request that they not all be basically the same. Maybe they could give us a Primal every so often, or at least the Powermaster version of G1 Prime to switch things up a little?
We're all just products of our programming... And there always seem to be a few glitches.
Nemesis Primal
Gestalt
Posts: 2439
News Credits: 4
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2003 4:25 pm
Buy from Nemesis Primal on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Rank: N/A
Courage: 3
Firepower: 8
Skill: 5

Re: New Hot Toys Optimus Prime Starscream Version

Postby Dead Metal » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:54 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
This sucks.

Sure the paint is amazing, and the quality looks good too, but it still sucks. Why even bother making a non-transforming Optimus Prime, if you sculpt it to incorporate compromises which allowed the MP versions to transform?

I mean they could have made this thing look incredible with lots of detail, articulation and moving parts, details and parts that would never be possible on a transforming figure and include amazing versions of all the accessories, but no. Instead we get something as articulated and detailed as MP 10, minus the transformation, but with awesome hands and pointless accessories.

They could have made this look like an EJ Sue painting, instead it looks like a kitbashed MP10.
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13927
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Hot Toys TF001 - Optimus Prime (Starscream Version) up for pre-order at BBTS

Postby mooncake623 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:41 pm

Weapon: Concussion Rifle
BBTS dropped by to let us know that they have put up pre-orders for the new Hot Toys Optimus Prime Starscream Version. Priced at $344.99 it is around 11 inches tall with a shipping weight of over 8 lbs. You can pre-order yours here and let us know what you think of this new non-transforming Optimus Prime by joining the discussion in the Seibertron.com fourms. And remember keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates, plus the best galleries around!


Image

Image

Image

Image
Looking for:
Black Big Convoy
Botcon Redux Spark (Pyro)

for Trade:
MISB FE Arcee
MISB RTS G2 Laser Prime
MISB Generation WFC Megatron


Image
User avatar
mooncake623
News Staff
Posts: 2620
News Credits: 81
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:27 am
Location: NYC
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Hot Toys TF001 - Optimus Prime (Starscream Version) up for pre-order at BBTS

Postby Siger » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:49 pm

Weapon: Light-Saber Sword
mooncake623 wrote:BBTS dropped by to let us know that they have put up pre-orders for the new Hot Toys Optimus Prime Starscream Version. Priced at $344.99 it is around 11 inches tall with a shipping weight of over 8 lbs. You can pre-order yours here and let us know what you think of this new non-transforming Optimus Prime by joining the discussion in the Seibertron.com fourms. And remember keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates, plus the best galleries around!


Image

Image

Image

Image


$350 bucks for a non transforming, weird concept Optimus Prime? Ok...
I know hot toys make good(expensive) toys but someone must have been smoking something when they decided to make this and the Megatron Prime versions. (:|
Siger
Minibot
Posts: 149
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:56 am

Re: Hot Toys TF001 - Optimus Prime (Starscream Version) up for pre-order at BBTS

Postby mooncake623 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:52 pm

Weapon: Concussion Rifle
Siger wrote:
$350 bucks for a non transforming, weird concept Optimus Prime? Ok...
I know hot toys make good(expensive) toys but someone must have been smoking something when they decided to make this and the Megatron Prime versions. (:|



But it's 8 pounds!! so lots of diecast? lol I wonder how hot toy collectors feel about this. I mean they do regularly pay over $300 for those Iron man amours.
Looking for:
Black Big Convoy
Botcon Redux Spark (Pyro)

for Trade:
MISB FE Arcee
MISB RTS G2 Laser Prime
MISB Generation WFC Megatron


Image
User avatar
mooncake623
News Staff
Posts: 2620
News Credits: 81
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:27 am
Location: NYC
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Hot Toys TF001 - Optimus Prime (Starscream Version) up for pre-order at BBTS

Postby Siger » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:00 pm

Weapon: Light-Saber Sword
mooncake623 wrote:
Siger wrote:
$350 bucks for a non transforming, weird concept Optimus Prime? Ok...
I know hot toys make good(expensive) toys but someone must have been smoking something when they decided to make this and the Megatron Prime versions. (:|



But it's 8 pounds!! so lots of diecast? lol I wonder how hot toy collectors feel about this. I mean they do regularly pay over $300 for those Iron man amours.


Indeed, I didn't even address the 8lb thing... a lot of stuff are gonna break when Scream-Prime accidentally falls from flight. Maybe the Iron Man figures requires a lot more details and engineering than the squarish Optimus. But not being 8lb armors is definitely a good thing.
Siger
Minibot
Posts: 149
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:56 am

Re: Hot Toys TF001 - Optimus Prime (Starscream Version) up for pre-order at BBTS

Postby Flashwave » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:40 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Siger wrote:
I know hot toys make good(expensive) toys but someone must have been smoking something when they decided to make this and the Megatron Prime versions. (:|

Don't recall the Megatron, but I'd bet someone else's money that this originated from the DoTM/ROTF Prime using Jeftire as parts fodder and someone said "Hey, let's do this in G1 and use Starscream's corpse.
Image
User avatar
Flashwave
City Commander
Posts: 3737
News Credits: 2
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:42 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: New Hot Toys Optimus Prime Starscream Version

Postby Seibertron » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:47 pm

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
I'm not sure I understand the point of this. I'll probably get it so that I can take pictures of it for all of you but it's definitely not something I'd want for my collection. Let me know when someone starts doing high end Transformers for the collectors market like the G1 Arcee prototype that was never released.
Image

Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, + more!

For Sale: Unreleased G2 Combat Hero Optimus Prime and G2 Combat Hero Megatron
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23398
News Credits: 763
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: New Hot Toys Optimus Prime Starscream Version

Postby shagy382 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:54 pm

Since when did it become a trend to pay top dollar for non-transforming transformers? (e.g. hot toys, prime 1 studios??)

I rather hasbro put in more effort to release better quality products such as those based on the movie universe. No offence but so far all the releases from the AOE line kinda sucks. Garbage leader class and voyager classes
shagy382
Mini-Con
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:29 pm

Re: New Hot Toys Optimus Prime Starscream Version

Postby Autobot tap out » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:52 pm

Motto: "The war is not won by who is toughest it is about courage and how smart one is"
Weapon: Ionic Blaster
Dear Takara

Please make a masterpiece version of this it would look really epic

Sincerely,

Autobot tap out

:BOWDOWN: =P~
Maximal combiners monstructor a and monstructor b merge and help defeat the evil Autobots ! - quote done by Autobot commander and also USA commander in chief TAP OUT who yields from the Unicron trilogy
User avatar
Autobot tap out
Fuzor
Posts: 201
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 9:00 am
Location: Winslow Nebraska
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 8
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: ???
Skill: 10+

Re: Hot Toys TF001 - Optimus Prime (Starscream Version) up for pre-order at BBTS

Postby TimothyR » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:23 am

this thing looks great, and the price is a LOT better than i expected.. i thought this thing would run at least $500+.. so that's good.

now.. if they started doing movie figures, i'd buy them in a second. i wish takara would release more DMK's.. those things are absolutely fantastic. but, seriously, movie versions of AOE prime, lockdown, bumblebee, crosshairs, drift, etc would be incredibly awesome and would be perfect for a company like hot toys.

i own a few hot toys figures and they're all fantastic especially the iron man mark 7.. it's just gorgeous.

this thing is most likely being made for hot toys collectors, not only transformers fans. hot toys collectors don't really need this thing to have the ability to transform. plus, if it did transform, i'm sure that alone would add a couple hundred dollars to the price.

the dotm DMK prime is probably my favorite piece of movie merch/movie toys that i own. it's GREAT. i just wish there were more. so, i'm definitely not opposed to non transforming figures. i mean, we have MP10 and MP04.. so, there's really no need for this to transform.

Mykltron wrote:No, we don't need yet another non-transforming Optimus figure, thank you.


umm.. next time, try not to speak for everyone by using the word "we".. maybe YOU don't want a non transforming G1 prime.. but i'm positive there are plenty of people out there who want this and are going to pick it up.

Flashwave wrote:
Siger wrote:
I know hot toys make good(expensive) toys but someone must have been smoking something when they decided to make this and the Megatron Prime versions. (:|

Don't recall the Megatron, but I'd bet someone else's money that this originated from the DoTM/ROTF Prime using Jeftire as parts fodder and someone said "Hey, let's do this in G1 and use Starscream's corpse.


i thought this was supposed to be an homage to the episode when the decepticons disguised themselves as autobots.
TimothyR
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:12 pm

Re: Hot Toys TF001 - Optimus Prime (Starscream Version) up for pre-order at BBTS

Postby Dead Metal » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:24 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
TimothyR wrote:
Don't recall the Megatron, but I'd bet someone else's money that this originated from the DoTM/ROTF Prime using Jeftire as parts fodder and someone said "Hey, let's do this in G1 and use Starscream's corpse.


i thought this was supposed to be an homage to the episode when the decepticons disguised themselves as autobots.[/quote]
NO, because then it would be an Optimus with Starscream's head under an Optimus helmet. This is literally Optimus going kill crazy, killing Starscream and using him as weaponry, the Megatron version is the same just with more guns.
The bio is in the first page of this thread.
Last edited by Dead Metal on Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13927
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Re: New Hot Toys Optimus Prime Starscream Version

Postby Rated X » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:50 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
This is the most pointless item yet...

Hasbro suit one: Lets put starscream wings on optimus prime and sell it for 400 bucks !

Hasbro suit two: Yeah thats an awesome idea, they can display it next to their 2 foot tall non transforming scorponok figure ! (chuckles)
Image

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6048
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: New Hot Toys Optimus Prime Starscream Version

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:17 am

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Rated X wrote:This is the most pointless item yet...

Hasbro suit one: Lets put starscream wings on optimus prime and sell it for 400 bucks !

Hasbro suit two: Yeah thats an awesome idea, they can display it next to their 2 foot tall non transforming scorponok figure ! (chuckles)
Except this isn't Hasbro. This is Hot Toys. An officially-licensed third party product.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17490
News Credits: 110
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: New Hot Toys Optimus Prime Starscream Version

Postby Seibertron » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:34 am

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Sabrblade wrote:
Rated X wrote:This is the most pointless item yet...

Hasbro suit one: Lets put starscream wings on optimus prime and sell it for 400 bucks !

Hasbro suit two: Yeah thats an awesome idea, they can display it next to their 2 foot tall non transforming scorponok figure ! (chuckles)
Except this isn't Hasbro. This is Hot Toys. An officially-licensed third party product.


And the same can be said for the Scorponok and Black Zarak giant figures that are licensed products, but not made by Takara or Hasbro.

In case folks aren't keep track ... only Hasbro and Takara Tomy make transforming Transformers figures. Most licensed Transformers products generally do not transform, with one of the few exceptions being the transforming cake topper Movie Optimus Prime, an Armada Optimus Prime Pen, an Energon Optimus Prime pen, and the upcoming transforming pens from Japan. I'm sure there are a few other exceptions but not many.
Image

Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, + more!

For Sale: Unreleased G2 Combat Hero Optimus Prime and G2 Combat Hero Megatron
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23398
News Credits: 763
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: New Hot Toys Optimus Prime Starscream Version

Postby Metro Prime » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:03 pm

Motto: ""Imitation is the right of all sentient beings.""
Weapon: Ion Particle Blaster
Autobot tap out wrote:Dear Takara

Please make a masterpiece version of this it would look really epic

Sincerely,

Autobot tap out

:BOWDOWN: =P~

Um, they already did. It's called MP-10 and it was released 3 years ago. Have you been living under a rock?
Seibertron wrote:And the same can be said for the Scorponok and Black Zarak giant figures that are licensed products, but not made by Takara or Hasbro.

In case folks aren't keep track ... only Hasbro and Takara Tomy make transforming Transformers figures. Most licensed Transformers products generally do not transform, with one of the few exceptions being the transforming cake topper Movie Optimus Prime, an Armada Optimus Prime Pen, an Energon Optimus Prime pen, and the upcoming transforming pens from Japan. I'm sure there are a few other exceptions but not many.
What about all of the fast food premiums? Are those manufactured by McDonald's/BK with a license from Hasbro, or do they come from Hasbro's own factories?
Image
User avatar
Metro Prime
Fuzor
Posts: 288
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:34 pm
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: New Hot Toys Optimus Prime Starscream Version

Postby Optimum Supreme » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:50 pm

Motto: "You have no chance to survive make your time."
Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
Shuttershock wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
vectorsigma757 wrote:Bio:

OPTIMUS PRIME, perhaps the greatest leader of the Autobots has grown weary of war. Desperate to end the eons long conflict with the Decepticons, Optimus adopts extreme measures. In battle, he dons the corpse of the notorious air commander, STARSCREAM.

Anyone else get the feeling Prime made a starscream suit like Buffalo Bill was making a woman suit :-s


Oh Primus, too many jokes to be made:

"It rubs the oil on it's skin or else it gets the axe again."

"Would you Powerlinx me? I'd Powerlinx me. I'd Powerlinx me hard."

Prime dancing to "Goodbye Mach Kicks".


Why does Optimus have his tailpipe tucked between his legs?!?!?
User avatar
Optimum Supreme
Pretender
Posts: 779
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:27 pm
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10+
Rank: N/A
Courage: 7
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 4

Re: New Hot Toys Optimus Prime Starscream Version

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:16 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Metro Prime wrote:What about all of the fast food premiums? Are those manufactured by McDonald's/BK with a license from Hasbro, or do they come from Hasbro's own factories?
Hasbro and Takara made those for all the fast food joints.My Under-3 has the following copyright info:
© 1996 Hasbro
© 1996 Takara
China SW Chine

Same with the Littlest Pet Shop fast food toys that were part of the same assortment at the Beast Wars ones that year, only their copyright info is from Tonka instead.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17490
News Credits: 110
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: New Hot Toys Optimus Prime Starscream Version

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:04 am

Motto: "I will be your blade. I will be your shield."
Weapon: Armor Axe
Dead Metal wrote:They could have made this look like an EJ Sue painting, instead it looks like a kitbashed MP10.


Defenitely. It's a custom that would be easy to do too. Just buy one of many MP-03 that were "ham-handed" by clumsy owners and make the parts as a detachable jetpack. You know, à-la Wingblade Optimus Prime.

I'm a fan of both Optimus and Starscream. However, I don't think Starscream's ghost approves of Optimus wearing his corpse... Unless, this will open the door for him to POSSESS OPTIMUS! :shock:
WHO IS MOTHER?
Image
Click HERE to find out!

My other customs:
TRASH TALK and HOT AIR!
Also, see the Seeker Brothers, APETIMUS SUPREME, PYROFLASH, and RUSTBUCKET.
User avatar
-Kanrabat-
Gestalt
Posts: 2677
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Canada, province of Québec
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Rank: 4
Courage: 9
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Re: Hot Toys TF001 - Optimus Prime (Starscream Version) up for pre-order at BBTS

Postby robotmel » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:27 am

Motto: "I once pooped an Energon Cube!"
Weapon: Dino-Missiles
Image
Image

Image

Image
Just come back to this thread, I would love to see some darker Transformers stories created via IDW where the ideas from these images are common place, bots of all kinds, stuck on a metalic world, where upgrades are at a premium so many bots go underground, to the Cybertronian Aftermarket where all manner of legal, questionable and darn right ghoulish bots are willing to trade, for the right price!
ROBOTMEL'S WANTS LIST! :BOT: PM ME PLEASE!
RID - Ultra Magnus (God Magnus) (COMPLETE)
Perfect Effect - Rumble & Frenzy, Ejector & Rewinder (COMPLETE)
Alternity - Cliffjumper, Ultra Magnus, Thundercracker, Skywarp (COMPLETE)
Fansproject - Assaulter (Broadside) (COMPLETE)
Masterpiece - Starscream (Hasbro G1 colour) (COMPLETE)
IDW Transformers (2009 Ongoing) - #22b (VF/NM)
MARVEL Generation 2 - Halloween Special (VF/NM)
User avatar
robotmel
Godmaster
Posts: 1914
News Credits: 8
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:22 am
Location: Great Britain
Buy from robotmel on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: New Hot Toys Optimus Prime Starscream Version

Postby El Duque » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:27 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Thanks to the official Hot Toys website we have new images of their first ever Transformers franchise figure, Optimus Prime (Starscream Version). This highly detailed version of G1 Optimus Prime comes with wings and Null Rays from a defeated Starscream that can be attached to Prime. He also comes with his iconic Ion Blaster and The Matrix of Leadership, though it's unclear if the Matrix is actually removable. He stands approximately 12 inches tall and comes with a rocky display base Autobot symbol. Like most Hot Toys offerings he comes with a steep price tag, $344.99. Check out the new official images mirrored below:

Product Summary

"One shall stand, one shall fall"

Sideshow Collectibles and Hot Toys are proud to present the Optimus Prime (Starscream Version) collectible figure from the classic and highly popular The Transformers Generation 1.

The Optimus Prime (Starscream Version) collectible figure stands approximately 30cm tall and features a highly detailed mechanical structure and remarkable painting application with distressed effects, a pair of Starscream's wings, weapons, and a rocky ground diorama base with Autobots logo.


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
User avatar
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9913
News Credits: 89
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:57 pm
Location: tornado alley

Re: New Hot Toys Optimus Prime Starscream Version

Postby Whitemest » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:40 am

Im not complaining, but WHY is there a starscream version of optimus? was there a comic or something that had optimus use starscreams corpse? reminds me of ROTF armor from jetfire
Whitemest
Mini-Con
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:50 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #103 - Road Trip
Twincast / Podcast #103:
"Road Trip"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 19th, 2014