Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

New Images of Takara Transformers Arms Micron, MP-12 Sideswipe & MP13

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: New Images of Takara Transformers Arms Micron, MP-12 Sideswipe & MP13

Postby MINDVVIPE » Wed May 23, 2012 8:27 am

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
But if you look at Sabrblades post, it shows the shorter mp prime with an alternator, and that matches up pretty much the exact same as the picture of Sideswipe, and what looks to be the same mp prime.
Image
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
User avatar
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Posts: 2287
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:49 pm
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Re: New Images of Takara Transformers Arms Micron, MP-12 Sideswipe & MP13

Postby Banjo-Tron » Wed May 23, 2012 8:31 am

Motto: "My banjo is everything; defeat is ukelele"
Sabrblade wrote:The image I posted IS of MP-10.


yeah sorry, my bad. I have amended my post. No hope for 'classicsverse' inclusion then. :-(
User avatar
Banjo-Tron
Godmaster
Posts: 1690
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:51 am
Location: UK, Surrey

Re: New Images of Takara Transformers Arms Micron, MP-12 Sideswipe & MP13

Postby Lord Onixprime » Wed May 23, 2012 8:33 am

Sabrblade wrote:The image I posted IS of MP-10.


Was working on my post before you posted :P

Yeah, I came to the same conclusion that he is about Alternator Smokescreen size, if ever so slightly shorter, and less girth.
Image
Lord Onixprime
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 564
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:55 pm

Re: New Images of Takara Transformers Arms Micron, MP-12 Sideswipe & MP13

Postby Trikeboy » Wed May 23, 2012 8:36 am

Sideswipe is looking better and better but I'm gonna wait for an official pricing before jumping on him. If it comes in under $80 I'll buy it, if not, I'll wait for a Hasbro release.

As for the silhouette, if it is Soundwave, they really should show it and put an end to the third party toy.
My must have products from 2013
Image
User avatar
Trikeboy
Brainmaster
Posts: 1436
News Credits: 9
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:33 pm
Location: Cupar, Scotland

Re: New Images of Takara Transformers Arms Micron, MP-12 Sideswipe & MP13

Postby Sabrblade » Wed May 23, 2012 8:44 am

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Though, a downside to him being Voyager sized means that he cannot fit into MP-10's trailer. :|

Hm, oh well.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17721
News Credits: 111
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: New Images of Takara Transformers Arms Micron, MP-12 Sideswipe & MP13

Postby Banjo-Tron » Wed May 23, 2012 8:50 am

Motto: "My banjo is everything; defeat is ukelele"
Sabrblade wrote:Though, a downside to him being Voyager sized means that he cannot fit into MP-10's trailer. :|

Hm, oh well.

True. It seems that the scale will be pretty arbitrary then. Does Rodimus look too big compared to MP-10 in vehicle mode?

I concur that MP-13 is probably Soundwave, if you look above the right shoulder of the silhouette you can see what looks like his launcher thingy. That would be awesome.
User avatar
Banjo-Tron
Godmaster
Posts: 1690
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:51 am
Location: UK, Surrey

Re: New Images of Takara Transformers Arms Micron, MP-12 Sideswipe & MP13

Postby Convotron » Wed May 23, 2012 8:50 am

Motto: "When in doubt, transform and roll out!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
My gut reaction to the prototype images of MP-12 is that "It's awfully blocky.". I know that is accurate to the design but seeing as MP-10 was moving towards a more dynamic bot mode for an animated stylized look, MP-12 seems to be going back a step towards MP-01's blocky goodness.

I like MP-12 as it looks in the photos. I'm just wondering how its aesthetics would match up with MP-10's in bot mode.
Toys for sale, S.H. Figuarts, Revoltech, Robot Damashii, Figma, and more!

Discounts for purchases of 3 items or more! See sales thread for details.


Image

Never forget the Oath Sworn Through Courage!
User avatar
Convotron
City Commander
Posts: 3397
News Credits: 2
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:13 pm
Location: Canadia
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Re: New Images of Takara Transformers Arms Micron, MP-12 Sideswipe & MP13

Postby Sabrblade » Wed May 23, 2012 8:57 am

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Looking at this MP-12 design, it seems to be a sort of halfway compromise between the character models of both Sideswipe and Red Alert, so as to make it work for both. It's a little more boxy than Sideswipe, while also not quite as boxy as Red Alert.

Image
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17721
News Credits: 111
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: New Images of Takara Transformers Arms Micron, MP-12 Sideswipe & MP13

Postby SJ21 » Wed May 23, 2012 9:27 am

Motto: "You don't know because you can't see me. Then you are dead."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
I guess I am done buying MP's now. The figure looks great. But, I am not going to spend $160 on a figure that is (at best) the same size as an Alternator. If they decide to do a domestic release of it I will think about it. Otherwise I just can't justify that price.
Check out my collection!

the-sj21-collection-t96905.php
SJ21
Godmaster
Posts: 1512
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:59 am
Location: Pennsylvania
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: New Images of Takara Transformers Arms Micron, MP-12 Sideswipe & MP13

Postby Xephon0930 » Wed May 23, 2012 9:30 am

Motto: "Oh for Primus' sake!!!!"
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Although it is nice to have a Side Swipe type of Transformer for an MP slot,I would much rather have gone Ironhide,Ratchet,Prowl,Cliffjumper and maybe Hound before this "Lambor". That is in terms of average ranking Transformers. In terms of huge leaders/first lieutenants like Soundwave,Ultra Magnus(Not ANOTHER freaking repaint!!!!)and Galvatron,the sizable MP-10 scale works for that figure. Now after this Transformer for the MP line is done,I want Takara and Hasbro to finally get around to doing the more requested Transformers and maybe the first MP Citybot.
Xephon0930
Fuzor
Posts: 209
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:46 pm
Watch Xephon0930 on YouTube
Buy from Xephon0930 on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 8

Re: New Images of Takara Transformers Arms Micron, MP-12 Sideswipe & MP13

Postby DMSL » Wed May 23, 2012 9:52 am

Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
If it's alternator sized and not too expensive i might get it.
DMSL
Pretender
Posts: 700
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:08 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Watch DMSL on YouTube
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: New Images of Takara Transformers Arms Micron, MP-12 Sideswipe & MP13

Postby NamelessOne » Wed May 23, 2012 10:35 am

Motto: "My legs hurt!!!"
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
All I can say is... GIMMEE!!!! :x
Image
User avatar
NamelessOne
Minibot
Posts: 174
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:41 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Rank: 2
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: New Images of Takara Transformers Arms Micron, MP-12 Sideswipe & MP13

Postby Hypershock » Wed May 23, 2012 10:49 am

Motto: "I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe. Oh, and I may or may not have been to Coruscant once or twice. Recently. Possibly."
Weapon: Dual Solar Powererd Vibro Cannons
Can i ask why people are expressing doubt over Breakdown being released in the US?
Image
User avatar
Hypershock
Combiner
Posts: 452
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:11 pm
Watch Hypershock on YouTube
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: New Images of Takara Transformers Arms Micron, MP-12 Sideswipe & MP13

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Wed May 23, 2012 11:02 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Hypershock wrote:Can i ask why people are expressing doubt over Breakdown being released in the US?


He hasn't been announced for the US yet, or at least his wave number isn't known yet.
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD Grimlock, Hightower and Wedge (Heavy Load acquired)
3) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
4) Arms Micron Terrorcon Bumblebee
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14896
News Credits: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: Delft, the Netherlands; McKinney, Texas, USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: New Images of Takara Transformers Arms Micron, MP-12 Sideswipe & MP13

Postby Hypershock » Wed May 23, 2012 11:24 am

Motto: "I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe. Oh, and I may or may not have been to Coruscant once or twice. Recently. Possibly."
Weapon: Dual Solar Powererd Vibro Cannons
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Hypershock wrote:Can i ask why people are expressing doubt over Breakdown being released in the US?


He hasn't been announced for the US yet, or at least his wave number isn't known yet.

True, but at Botcon when they did the Prime reveals, the Voyager wave four had Thundertron and two figures they didnt say yet, i have a sneaking suspicion that one of them is Breakdown
Image
User avatar
Hypershock
Combiner
Posts: 452
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:11 pm
Watch Hypershock on YouTube
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: New Images of Takara Transformers Arms Micron, MP-12 Sideswipe & MP13

Postby Hotrodimust » Wed May 23, 2012 11:43 am

El Duque wrote:A better version of the MP-12 Lambor image has surfaced on ACToys! This version is clearer and shows the figure from the back and in vehicle mode. The MP-13 teaser is present as well. Check it out below.

Image

Not for nothing but this is titled as a mp but the transformation looks pretty standard they couldn't make the wheels on the legs fold in some how. It looks like you pull down on the legs and just split them apart then flip the feet out like a standard deluxe figure. I really hope this isn't a glorified classics figure it better have gimmicks out asstronaut if its gonna cost over $50 for a deluxe class figure and that's to much looks like we are gonna be paying for the name and packaging with this mp.
Hotrodimust
Combiner
Posts: 461
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:13 pm
Watch Hotrodimust on YouTube
Buy from Hotrodimust on eBay

Re: New Images of Takara Transformers Arms Micron, MP-12 Sideswipe & MP13

Postby Hotrodimust » Wed May 23, 2012 11:48 am

So if anyone cares I looked at the pic of mp-12 standing next to mp-10 and he just makes it to the silver stripe on his rib section. So I took a couple of my figures and stood them next to my mp-10 and voyager dotm prime seems to be the exact height of mp-12. At least he's not deluxe but he's a small voyager god older voyager are so much bigger lol
Hotrodimust
Combiner
Posts: 461
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:13 pm
Watch Hotrodimust on YouTube
Buy from Hotrodimust on eBay

Re: New Images of Takara Transformers Arms Micron, MP-12 Sideswipe & MP13

Postby Valandar » Wed May 23, 2012 12:14 pm

Motto: "It doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty, only that you work to make it full."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
Hotrodimust wrote:Not for nothing but this is titled as a mp but the transformation looks pretty standard they couldn't make the wheels on the legs fold in some how. It looks like you pull down on the legs and just split them apart then flip the feet out like a standard deluxe figure. I really hope this isn't a glorified classics figure it better have gimmicks out asstronaut if its gonna cost over $50 for a deluxe class figure and that's to much looks like we are gonna be paying for the name and packaging with this mp.


Take a better look at the back of the calves. That is not just a "'pull down the legs" transform, it's a bit more complex than it looks on the surface.

Remember, Masterpiece Grimlock has BASICALLY the same transform as G1, but it has a good bit more to it as well. Odds are the same is at work here.
Valandar
City Commander
Posts: 3632
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:50 pm
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10
Endurance: 8
Rank: 8
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 9

Re: New Images of Takara Transformers Arms Micron, MP-12 Sideswipe & MP13

Postby Hotrodimust » Wed May 23, 2012 12:29 pm

Valandar wrote:
Hotrodimust wrote:Not for nothing but this is titled as a mp but the transformation looks pretty standard they couldn't make the wheels on the legs fold in some how. It looks like you pull down on the legs and just split them apart then flip the feet out like a standard deluxe figure. I really hope this isn't a glorified classics figure it better have gimmicks out asstronaut if its gonna cost over $50 for a deluxe class figure and that's to much looks like we are gonna be paying for the name and packaging with this mp.


Take a better look at the back of the calves. That is not just a "'pull down the legs" transform, it's a bit more complex than it looks on the surface.

Remember, Masterpiece Grimlock has BADSICALLY the same transform as G1, but it has a good bit more to it as well. Odds are the same is at work here.

Ya I seen the caves look like they do a little more but the wheels just sit there. Most newer figures that part swings around so the wheels are facing towards the back at least and looks like a leg in the front not just the bottom of a car. And I still like the figure I'm not saying its bad but the lower legs just look blah. And as for Grimlock ya it's just like g1 but there is nothing wrong with it IMO great detail vibrant colors just the right amout of diecast in the right places that figure is what got me started on MP line
Hotrodimust
Combiner
Posts: 461
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:13 pm
Watch Hotrodimust on YouTube
Buy from Hotrodimust on eBay

Re: New Images of Takara Transformers Arms Micron, MP-12 Sideswipe & MP13

Postby horus » Wed May 23, 2012 12:41 pm

Motto: "Drown them in sound till you here no whispers"
Weapon: Dual-Sonic Disrupter Gun
Here's my take on mp-13 pic... Soundwave!


Image
Image
User avatar
horus
Fuzor
Posts: 244
News Credits: 4
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:53 am
Location: Portugal
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10+

Re: New Images of Takara Transformers Arms Micron, MP-12 Sideswipe & MP13

Postby Lord Onixprime » Wed May 23, 2012 12:45 pm

Hotrodimust wrote:
Valandar wrote:
Hotrodimust wrote:Not for nothing but this is titled as a mp but the transformation looks pretty standard they couldn't make the wheels on the legs fold in some how. It looks like you pull down on the legs and just split them apart then flip the feet out like a standard deluxe figure. I really hope this isn't a glorified classics figure it better have gimmicks out asstronaut if its gonna cost over $50 for a deluxe class figure and that's to much looks like we are gonna be paying for the name and packaging with this mp.


Take a better look at the back of the calves. That is not just a "'pull down the legs" transform, it's a bit more complex than it looks on the surface.

Remember, Masterpiece Grimlock has BADSICALLY the same transform as G1, but it has a good bit more to it as well. Odds are the same is at work here.

Ya I seen the caves look like they do a little more but the wheels just sit there. Most newer figures that part swings around so the wheels are facing towards the back at least and looks like a leg in the front not just the bottom of a car. And I still like the figure I'm not saying its bad but the lower legs just look blah. And as for Grimlock ya it's just like g1 but there is nothing wrong with it IMO great detail vibrant colors just the right amout of diecast in the right places that figure is what got me started on MP line


If you want an acurrate G1 Sideswipe, the wheels are soposed to be oriented in the position they are. To change it would be inaccurate.
Image
Lord Onixprime
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 564
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:55 pm

Re: New Images of Takara Transformers Arms Micron, MP-12 Sideswipe & MP13

Postby Deruji » Wed May 23, 2012 12:55 pm

horus wrote:Here's my take on mp-13 pic... Soundwave!


Image


That's a pre-order right there and an immediate buy if all cassettes are included :D
User avatar
Deruji
Minibot
Posts: 104
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:25 am
Watch Deruji on YouTube
Buy from Deruji on eBay

Re: New Images of Takara Transformers Arms Micron, MP-12 Sideswipe & MP13

Postby craggy » Wed May 23, 2012 1:13 pm

Deruji wrote:
horus wrote:Here's my take on mp-13 pic... Soundwave!


Image


That's a pre-order right there and an immediate buy if all cassettes are included :D

I suspect that an MP Soundwave, if there is one, will include at most 2 cassettes. The price alone for them including them all would be prohibitive.
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, Blurr, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
Posts: 4725
News Credits: 4
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:07 pm

Re: New Images of Takara Transformers Arms Micron, MP-12 Sideswipe & MP13

Postby TimothyR » Wed May 23, 2012 1:13 pm

Lord Onixprime wrote:
Hotrodimust wrote:
Valandar wrote:
Hotrodimust wrote:Not for nothing but this is titled as a mp but the transformation looks pretty standard they couldn't make the wheels on the legs fold in some how. It looks like you pull down on the legs and just split them apart then flip the feet out like a standard deluxe figure. I really hope this isn't a glorified classics figure it better have gimmicks out asstronaut if its gonna cost over $50 for a deluxe class figure and that's to much looks like we are gonna be paying for the name and packaging with this mp.


Take a better look at the back of the calves. That is not just a "'pull down the legs" transform, it's a bit more complex than it looks on the surface.

Remember, Masterpiece Grimlock has BADSICALLY the same transform as G1, but it has a good bit more to it as well. Odds are the same is at work here.

Ya I seen the caves look like they do a little more but the wheels just sit there. Most newer figures that part swings around so the wheels are facing towards the back at least and looks like a leg in the front not just the bottom of a car. And I still like the figure I'm not saying its bad but the lower legs just look blah. And as for Grimlock ya it's just like g1 but there is nothing wrong with it IMO great detail vibrant colors just the right amout of diecast in the right places that figure is what got me started on MP line


If you want an acurrate G1 Sideswipe, the wheels are soposed to be oriented in the position they are. To change it would be inaccurate.


agreed.. this isn't supposed to be an update to the design, it's supposed to be an attempt to make the toy as cartoon accurate as possible. the wheels are screen accurate.

also, this is more of a voyager sized toy, almost exactly the same size as the binaltech line, as to be in scale with MP10 prime. my guess is that mp13 soundwave will be the same height as prime.
TimothyR
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 539
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:12 pm

Re: New Images of Takara Transformers Arms Micron, MP-12 Sideswipe & MP13

Postby Deruji » Wed May 23, 2012 1:24 pm

craggy wrote:
Deruji wrote:
horus wrote:Here's my take on mp-13 pic... Soundwave!


Image


That's a pre-order right there and an immediate buy if all cassettes are included :D

I suspect that an MP Soundwave, if there is one, will include at most 2 cassettes. The price alone for them including them all would be prohibitive.



I wouldn't mind, that's still better than trying to hunt down every cassette in expensive sets. Besides since I only buy MPs it's not that much of a problem.
User avatar
Deruji
Minibot
Posts: 104
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:25 am
Watch Deruji on YouTube
Buy from Deruji on eBay

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #105 - Megatronus
Twincast / Podcast #105:
"Megatronus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, November 23rd, 2014