Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

New members/fans introduce yourselves here

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Postby RailRider » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:21 am

Hi.
When I joined (about May) there wasn't a welome thingy, I might as well post now. I'm Hugh, 15, I'm from Wakefield, UK. I've been a fan for about a year now, and a massive G1 Astortrain fan and a massive movie Brawl fan. I want to see Astrotrain in the next film, or else....
RailRider
Micromaster
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 12:36 pm

Postby Officer Prowl » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:24 am

I have been here for a while now but I dont think I have ever formally introduced myself.

My name is Christian. I live in Utah and I am 30 years old. I grew up on G1 and remember crying my eyes out in the movie theater when Prime died. :sad: Back then I was a regular at Lionel Playworld and would have my parents buy me a new character about once a week. To this day I have nearly all of my old Transformers but they are a little worn from being played with by me and my 6 kids.

My favorite Transformer has always been Prowl and I find it ironic that as an adult I am now a Sheriffs Deputy. Coincidence? I think not. Except now I am finding myself favoring Barricade as a new favorite. Gotta keep the police theme going.

Anyways.... I am so happy to have found a group of people that share in my love of all things TF's and I hope to be around for a very long time.

In closing I would just like to add. BRING ON TF2!!!!!
Officer Prowl
Micromaster
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue May 24, 2005 3:20 pm

Postby Predaprince » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:55 am

Motto: ""Destruction is the fate of all sentient beings.""
Weapon: Sonic Rifle
*Elita_One* wrote:Just so no one worries, the whole beating and kitchen making a sammich thing is all just a joke. It's a stereotype when it comes to girls on the internet and how they "aren't allowed" so yeah, I don't actually encourage beatings and I don't actually get beaten.


Don't worry, I knew it was a joke.

I still want you in the worst way, though; blindfolded and contorted in a hammock from the hammock district.
User avatar
Predaprince
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17277
Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 7:33 am
Location: Char
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: N/A
Courage: 10
Firepower: ???
Skill: Infinity

Postby First Gen » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:21 pm

Weapon: Double-Barreled Crystalizer Cannon
*Elita_One* wrote:Just so no one worries, the whole beating and kitchen making a sammich thing is all just a joke. It's a stereotype when it comes to girls on the internet and how they "aren't allowed" so yeah, I don't actually encourage beatings and I don't actually get beaten.



Well.............................................that sucks.
Image
newsig by sserrano03, on Flickr

http://forallmankind.wordpress.com/

Follow me on Twitter, unlike most, I'm interesting :)

http://twitter.com/First_Gen
User avatar
First Gen
Faction Commander
Posts: 4533
News Credits: 61
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:56 am
Location: Orland Park, IL.
Buy from First Gen on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 8
Rank: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby Khaotika » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:46 pm

Hello.

I'm an occasional lurker; at BotCon 07, Ryan himself told my brother and I to swing on by the boards and signup. So, here I am. No telling when my brother will surface.

We ran the booth "Aegis Reflector" (which they sadly mispelled! you get a cookie if you get the reference) in front of the TFCC Store. You couldn't have missed it, it was the one with all the Beast Wars toys. :P Hopefully some of you stopped by to say "Hi" or buy something. If you bought something, we hope we made your day.

As for the fandom, I've been active off and on in it for a number of years; the earliest was sometime in the late 90s on the old Alt.Toys.Transformers and related newsgroups. I didn't post under this name at that time. I took a break from the fandom at large around '01, but I made it back in time to celebrate Classics and the new Movie. I'm a stubborn G1'er at heart, but I also love Beast Wars as well as a few pieces of the other series. I'm a huge 'Con supporter but I have some 'Bot love, too. I've lost count of how many TFs I have... let's just say "not enough!".

Anyways, back to your regular posting. Nice to meet you all.
Khaotika
Micromaster
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:04 pm

Postby *Elita_One* » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:47 pm

WelCum to the forum!
Image
*Elita_One*
Combiner
Posts: 414
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:35 pm

Postby Predaprince » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:52 pm

Motto: ""Destruction is the fate of all sentient beings.""
Weapon: Sonic Rifle
Khaotika wrote:Hello.

I'm an occasional lurker; at BotCon 07, Ryan himself told my brother and I to swing on by the boards and signup. So, here I am. No telling when my brother will surface.

We ran the booth "Aegis Reflector" (which they sadly mispelled! you get a cookie if you get the reference) in front of the TFCC Store. You couldn't have missed it, it was the one with all the Beast Wars toys. :P Hopefully some of you stopped by to say "Hi" or buy something. If you bought something, we hope we made your day.

As for the fandom, I've been active off and on in it for a number of years; the earliest was sometime in the late 90s on the old Alt.Toys.Transformers and related newsgroups. I didn't post under this name at that time. I took a break from the fandom at large around '01, but I made it back in time to celebrate Classics and the new Movie. I'm a stubborn G1'er at heart, but I also love Beast Wars as well as a few pieces of the other series. I'm a huge 'Con supporter but I have some 'Bot love, too. I've lost count of how many TFs I have... let's just say "not enough!".

Anyways, back to your regular posting. Nice to meet you all.


Unfortunately, I've never had the chance yet to make it to a Botcon.

Welcome to Seibertron everyone and keep in mind the warning.

WARNING: Seibertron contains nuts!!!
User avatar
Predaprince
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17277
Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 7:33 am
Location: Char
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: N/A
Courage: 10
Firepower: ???
Skill: Infinity

Postby Khaotika » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:04 pm

Predaprince wrote:Unfortunately, I've never had the chance yet to make it to a Botcon.

Welcome to Seibertron everyone and keep in mind the warning.

WARNING: Seibertron contains nuts!!!


Yes. I've seen that around a few times. :P

Thank you both for the welcome!
Khaotika
Micromaster
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:04 pm

Postby *Elita_One* » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:05 pm

It's pretty sexy around here so if you're sexy, you'll fit right in.
Image
*Elita_One*
Combiner
Posts: 414
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:35 pm

Postby Predaprince » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:28 pm

Motto: ""Destruction is the fate of all sentient beings.""
Weapon: Sonic Rifle
*Elita_One* wrote:It's pretty sexy around here so if you're sexy, you'll fit right in.


;;)
User avatar
Predaprince
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17277
Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 7:33 am
Location: Char
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: N/A
Courage: 10
Firepower: ???
Skill: Infinity

Postby Khaotika » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:32 pm

*Elita_One* wrote:It's pretty sexy around here so if you're sexy, you'll fit right in.


Well, I'm evil. Evil is sexy. By default that makes me sexy. :-?
Khaotika
Micromaster
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:04 pm

Postby *Elita_One* » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:50 pm

Evil is VERY sexy!

You fit in more than you think. :D
Image
*Elita_One*
Combiner
Posts: 414
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:35 pm

Postby Goribus » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:07 pm

You said I look like the skinny version of a crazed cult leader that killed a shitload of people. That makes me very evil. And I know I'm sexy. If you don't believe me (and your a woman) go check out my picture over in General Discussion. :P
Goribus

Postby optimusprime72 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:21 pm

Hey. J.C. here, aka Optimus Prime. I'm 34, happily married to a great, intelligent, and gorgeous woman. We have 5 kids ranging in age from 4 to 17. We just bought a 100 year old home that might as well be called a mansion, (it's got 7 bedrooms!). I used to drive a tractor trailer but now I work dispatch for the same local trucking company. I collect my favorite Gen 1 Transformers, watch my Gen 1 episodes over and over again, make custom bots and enjoy writing fanfictions about my characters. I love to talk about TF, and a lot of other 80's stuff. Please feel free to contact me if you wanna talk and please stop by my myspace site and check it out. It is, of course, dedicated to the Transformers. Take care.

BTW, if you don't like my page, please don't belittle me about it. Those a**holes at the tfarchive forum did nothing but down it. I'd like to think everyone here has better manners.

http://www.myspace.com/autobotsletsroll
optimusprime72
Micromaster
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 6:46 pm

Postby Kohdok » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:46 pm

Motto: ""Spider-Truck, Spider-Truck...""
I dunno, Prime72, I've seen some pretty crazy stuff here already, then again this site seems pretty tolerant compared to others I've heard about.

I recently gave most of my Transformers collection away; not much of a loss, really, as it was only Armada and Energon stuff (With a small splash of Universe). Now I own only 4 scouts, (Energon Arcee, Movie Scout Arcee, Lugnutz, Divebomb) 1 Deluxe, (Protoform Starscream) and 1 Ultra (Energon Tidal Wave) Because those are my personal favorites.

As you can guess, I'm an Arcee fan, though I think any Fembot is pretty cool. I, Myself, am Male, however.

Pink=Power
Kohdok
Minibot
Posts: 155
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:12 pm

Postby The Time Traveller » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:23 am

My name's Lance and I'm 17. What got me into Transformers first was the Anime aspect since I'm an Anime fan. Then got the DVDs and loved the series, no matter how bad the quality. Then started getting toys since they're just... awesome. They're action figures, Cars, Weapons and Puzzles.

I'm more of a Decepticon fan than Autobots, though I still get quite a big of Optimus Prime toys. My first toys were a Shark guy who turns into a Hammer head and a mosquito guy, I can't remember their names, and I can't find them. Then I found a Takara Grimlock when I was a young'un, some of the stickers were missing, and I still have it. Also got a tiny car version of Megatron. Years later I bought an Alternator, Optimus Prime, 8 all together, 3 movie ones and 5 classics.

Although right now in I'm a pickle, I owe a load of money to Paypal since my bank is an idiot and didn't send any to them, then I took the money out and spent it, not knowing what the hell was going on, I have about 2 days to come up with £65... But I don't care, not my fault, it's the bank's, Paypal's, and this WHOLE COUNTRY'S!
Last edited by The Time Traveller on Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Time Traveller
Minibot
Posts: 111
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:00 pm

Postby Predaprince » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:30 am

Motto: ""Destruction is the fate of all sentient beings.""
Weapon: Sonic Rifle
optimusprime72 wrote:Hey. J.C. here, aka Optimus Prime. I'm 34, happily married to a great, intelligent, and gorgeous woman. We have 5 kids ranging in age from 4 to 17. We just bought a 100 year old home that might as well be called a mansion, (it's got 7 bedrooms!). I used to drive a tractor trailer but now I work dispatch for the same local trucking company. I collect my favorite Gen 1 Transformers, watch my Gen 1 episodes over and over again, make custom bots and enjoy writing fanfictions about my characters. I love to talk about TF, and a lot of other 80's stuff. Please feel free to contact me if you wanna talk and please stop by my myspace site and check it out. It is, of course, dedicated to the Transformers. Take care.

BTW, if you don't like my page, please don't belittle me about it. Those a**holes at the tfarchive forum did nothing but down it. I'd like to think everyone here has better manners.

http://www.myspace.com/autobotsletsroll


As our warning goes,

Warning: Seibertron contains nuts!

But, we rarely contain a$$es like a good number of other TF sites do.

If you ever get in trouble, we have a site owner (Ryan aka Seibertron) and a huge team of wonderful mods that you can PM at any time.

Feel free to PM me as well if you need. (that's to everyone)

P.S.: optimusprime72, I don't know why those others were giving you a hard time. I like your page, especially the Autobot and Decepticon group pics, the "bad boy" pics, the squirrel pic, and all of the pics of females that prove that people who say that Megan Fox is in the new TF film because she is so hot do not even know how hot a woman can be. (*Elita_One*'s photos prove that as well).
User avatar
Predaprince
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17277
Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 7:33 am
Location: Char
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: N/A
Courage: 10
Firepower: ???
Skill: Infinity

Postby Dr.Optimus » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:00 am

Hello everybody,

My real name is Sander i'm 28 years old and i live in Amsterdam, the Netherlands so my English probably won't be flawless.
I have loved transformers ever since the series started over here in the mid eighties, but when the cartoon stopped showing over here the toys also disapeared from the toy stores and for years i have thought transformers didn't even excist anymore :oops:
That was until i bumped into all seasons of transformers on DVD at my local recordstore about two and a half years ago ( offcourse i've bought them all at once.) and started searching the web.
That's when i found out transformers were far from dead and some toy stores in Holland where even selling them for some time allready again.
So i started collecting again wich resulted in the arrival of my first Masterpiece just yesterday, the allmighty Megatron.
And even though it's quit fragil and pretty hard to transform, I love it and now i am waiting for the arrival of my MP Convoy and MP Starscream aswell.

Greetings from Holland where the weather always sucks.
Dr.Optimus
Mini-Con
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:21 am

Postby Prime Evil » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:06 am

Motto: "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Just want to say hello to all the new members of the boards. Very surprises to see a lot of us older fans still around.

Dr. Optimus, waaay to go in getting your MP transformers. Such a great line, even though limited.

optimusprime72, I see nothing wrong with your myspace page. Looks like a good fan page to me. Now if ya had some gobots on there, I'd have to question your taste. :P
Image
facebook
PSN:Kalibr3Fyre
Transfandom's resident Junglist
Botcon Twitter re: Botcon 2012, "This set is not TFA" :D

Fans Project- Highly Recommend any and all products
Hasbro- Need more Generations toys peas
HeadRobots- Awesome, looking fwd to more good products
Perfect Effect- OK, looking fwd to more lil bots.
User avatar
Prime Evil
City Commander
Posts: 3145
News Credits: 24
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:22 am
Location: West Chester, PA
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: N/A
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby optimusprime72 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:02 am

Prime Evil wrote:Just want to say hello to all the new members of the boards. Very surprises to see a lot of us older fans still around.

Dr. Optimus, waaay to go in getting your MP transformers. Such a great line, even though limited.

optimusprime72, I see nothing wrong with your myspace page. Looks like a good fan page to me. Now if ya had some gobots on there, I'd have to question your taste. :P


Actually, I have a lot of Gobots, as well as Thundercats, He-man and G.I.Joes. I collect 80's toys, but my bots are my favs. Thank you all so much for your kind words.
optimusprime72
Micromaster
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 6:46 pm

Postby Prime Evil » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:47 am

Motto: "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
optimusprime72 wrote:Actually, I have a lot of Gobots, as well as Thundercats, He-man and G.I.Joes. I collect 80's toys, but my bots are my favs. Thank you all so much for your kind words.


I actually wouldn't mind Hasbro doing some kind of Classics theme for the Go-Bots either. FunPub did open up the idea of Gobots in the TF universe. Keep the line small but I'd definitely be open for the idea. Even if they don't want to do original molds, I know that there are some older molds that would work for repaints.

This is Cy_kill from TFW2005 member:


Crasher from Kyde of the Allspark:
Image
facebook
PSN:Kalibr3Fyre
Transfandom's resident Junglist
Botcon Twitter re: Botcon 2012, "This set is not TFA" :D

Fans Project- Highly Recommend any and all products
Hasbro- Need more Generations toys peas
HeadRobots- Awesome, looking fwd to more good products
Perfect Effect- OK, looking fwd to more lil bots.
User avatar
Prime Evil
City Commander
Posts: 3145
News Credits: 24
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:22 am
Location: West Chester, PA
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: N/A
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby Rip » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:43 am

Y hallo thar (exhaust pipe sehks?).

I'm a 21-year-old English lass, and I spend most of my time drawing or gaming. My real name's Ria, but I go by Rip or Ciepher. Ciepher would be so last season on a site about robots though.
I was too young to see the original Transformers, although I can say that I was born a year before the 1986 movie. I'm not sure whether it was my brother or I who first picked up a robot in the charity shop, but somehow we both developed an interest in mecha at a young age. He's younger than I am, so now I can pretend that those comic books laying around are his. "I have to take my little bro to some sort of robot movie," is also a good excuse. Nah, in truth I'm a geek and I'm proud.
My favourite Transformers character is probably Death's Head. I've had a love of mercs and the like ever since I dicovered Star Wars comics and Boba Fett's survival. Optimus Prime and his various deaths, and Ultra Magnus and his occasional uselessness are admittedly quite cute too. What can I say, I guess I like a guy I can feel sorry for. XD

I have teh Myspace too, although unfortunately, it's not as interesting: http://www.myspace.com/ciepher
Rip
Mini-Con
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:18 pm

Ash

Postby Ash » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:43 am

I am Ash, 24 yrs old AND I do not have a job
my Real name is Ashinka
Ash
Vehicon
Posts: 316
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 5:42 am

Postby Predaprince » Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:57 am

Motto: ""Destruction is the fate of all sentient beings.""
Weapon: Sonic Rifle
Welcome Rip and Ash.

Warning: Seibertron contains nuts!

Don't worry Rip, there are plenty of guys on here that you can feel sorry for.
User avatar
Predaprince
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17277
Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 7:33 am
Location: Char
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: N/A
Courage: 10
Firepower: ???
Skill: Infinity

Postby LicoriceSnoCone » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:41 pm

Hey everyone my name is Sarah and although I'm only 16 I'm a fan of nearly everything 80s. The movie rekindled my love of Transformers ( I was addicted to RID and I can remember seeing parts of Armada) I've been renting the original series and I'm quickly becomming a Starscream fangirl. I'm also into lots of 80's toys like My little pony, pound puppies, and carebears. I am a casual sci-fi fan and I love Starwars, Star trek, and Mystery Science Theater 3000. I hope to meet some new friends and learn more about transformers.

hope that wasn't overly cheesy....
LicoriceSnoCone
Minibot
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:25 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014