Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

New PS3 with bigger hard drive; old model cut by $100

This is the forum to discuss all of those video games you love playing or that are coming out. From Transformers video games to Fighting games to Sports games ... whatever makes you a happy Seibertronian. Just keep it the topics and conversations game and console related.

Postby Dclone Soundwave » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:45 pm

I'll have to break down eventually & buy a PS3 only because my PS2 died sometime last year & I can't get ahopld of a slim one. Besides, there's bound to be some games I like on there, I know there are ones I want right now & don't have because they're only on the PS3. Eventually...................
Image
Latest Acquisition(s):
BW Tigatron
BW II Flash Lio Convoy
BW Metals Rampage
BW Neo Big Convoy
BW Neo Magmatron
User avatar
Dclone Soundwave
City Commander
Posts: 3612
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:45 pm
Location: CA

Postby Sonray » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:16 pm

Decepticlone Soundwave wrote:I'll have to break down eventually & buy a PS3 only because my PS2 died sometime last year & I can't get ahopld of a slim one. Besides, there's bound to be some games I like on there, I know there are ones I want right now & don't have because they're only on the PS3. Eventually...................


The appropriate word being eventually. :P
Sonray
City Commander
Posts: 3531
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 4:42 pm

Postby TheMuffin » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:46 pm

Motto: "I still function!"
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Sonray wrote:
Decepticlone Soundwave wrote:I'll have to break down eventually & buy a PS3 only because my PS2 died sometime last year & I can't get ahopld of a slim one. Besides, there's bound to be some games I like on there, I know there are ones I want right now & don't have because they're only on the PS3. Eventually...................

The appropriate word being eventually. :P

Yahtzee! If MGS3 does end up being PS3 exclusive I'll purchase one off eBay for $300 used.
Image
User avatar
TheMuffin
Site Moderator
Posts: 11047
News Credits: 6
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:12 am
Location: Ohiooooooo
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 3
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Postby Operation Ravage » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:48 pm

I noticed the price drop when I went to Wal-Mart today.

Still not happening. Not until a Castlevania game comes out for the system. Only then will I bend.
Operation Ravage
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5595
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:39 am

Postby Sonray » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:51 pm

TheMuffin wrote:
Sonray wrote:
Decepticlone Soundwave wrote:I'll have to break down eventually & buy a PS3 only because my PS2 died sometime last year & I can't get ahopld of a slim one. Besides, there's bound to be some games I like on there, I know there are ones I want right now & don't have because they're only on the PS3. Eventually...................

The appropriate word being eventually. :P

Yahtzee! If MGS3 does end up being PS3 exclusive I'll purchase one off eBay for $300 used.


You wont have to. Sounds like MGS4 is gonna have to go multiplatform just to be able to make its budget back thanks to the lack of PS3 userbase.

A guy at Konami said theyd like to keep it as an exclusive, but with sales number like they are currently, unless they improve drastically they will have to go multiplatform.

MGS4 ON 360 FTW!!!
Sonray
City Commander
Posts: 3531
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 4:42 pm

Postby TheMuffin » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:00 pm

Motto: "I still function!"
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Freaky. I just read that not two minutes ago as well. Hi-freaking-larious.
Image
User avatar
TheMuffin
Site Moderator
Posts: 11047
News Credits: 6
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:12 am
Location: Ohiooooooo
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 3
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Postby Sonray » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:07 pm

TheMuffin wrote:Freaky. I just read that not two minutes ago as well. Hi-freaking-larious.


Yup. If this happens Sony is effed....even moreso than they already are.
Sonray
City Commander
Posts: 3531
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 4:42 pm

Postby Shadowman » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:16 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Sonray wrote:
TheMuffin wrote:Freaky. I just read that not two minutes ago as well. Hi-freaking-larious.


Yup. If this happens Sony is effed....even moreso than they already are.


I'm no analyst, but I said that when I heard about Capcom, Rockstar, and Square-Enix making their various games go multi-platform.

Square apparently had a falling out with Sony. That's what I heard.

I predicted that the fate of the PlayStation lies in the hands of Hideo Kojima.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28985
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Postby Sonray » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:20 pm

Shadowman wrote:
Sonray wrote:
TheMuffin wrote:Freaky. I just read that not two minutes ago as well. Hi-freaking-larious.


Yup. If this happens Sony is effed....even moreso than they already are.


I'm no analyst, but I said that when I heard about Capcom, Rockstar, and Square-Enix making their various games go multi-platform.

Square apparently had a falling out with Sony. That's what I heard.

I predicted that the fate of the PlayStation lies in the hands of Hideo Kojima.


I thought the same thing when DMC4 went multi, but i was trying to remain optimistic...but it just seems theres no hope left for the PS3.
Sonray
City Commander
Posts: 3531
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 4:42 pm

Postby Shadowman » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:21 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Sonray wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
Sonray wrote:
TheMuffin wrote:Freaky. I just read that not two minutes ago as well. Hi-freaking-larious.


Yup. If this happens Sony is effed....even moreso than they already are.


I'm no analyst, but I said that when I heard about Capcom, Rockstar, and Square-Enix making their various games go multi-platform.

Square apparently had a falling out with Sony. That's what I heard.

I predicted that the fate of the PlayStation lies in the hands of Hideo Kojima.


I thought the same thing when DMC4 went multi, but i was trying to remain optimistic...but it just seems theres no hope left for the PS3.


As good as Solid Snake is, he just can't sell the PS3 by himself.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28985
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Postby dura maxamis » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:12 pm

the ps3 is dead lol i dont have any new systems but im saving up for a 360 then im get a wii i might even get a psp but i prob not get a ps3 at least for a long time till its the same price as the 360
dura maxamis
Mini-Con
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:54 pm

Postby Sonray » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:21 pm

dura maxamis wrote:the ps3 is dead lol i dont have any new systems but im saving up for a 360 then im get a wii i might even get a psp but i prob not get a ps3 at least for a long time till its the same price as the 360


The 360 is a better system than the PS3 anyway.
Sonray
City Commander
Posts: 3531
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 4:42 pm

Postby TheMuffin » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:33 pm

Motto: "I still function!"
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Well I wouldn't go that far. After all it has a lot fewer cases of system failure than the 360 with it's Red Lights of Doom which is in the ball park of 20% of systems if not more. That's the whole reason behind the 3 year warranty they just enacted. I think with enough time the PS3 will put out some stellar titles. Just nothing soon. I saw the new trailer for Killzone 2 today and it looked pretty decent. Not as a good as the original video of course but still good.
Image
User avatar
TheMuffin
Site Moderator
Posts: 11047
News Credits: 6
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:12 am
Location: Ohiooooooo
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 3
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Postby Shadowman » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:03 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Sonray wrote:
dura maxamis wrote:the ps3 is dead lol i dont have any new systems but im saving up for a 360 then im get a wii i might even get a psp but i prob not get a ps3 at least for a long time till its the same price as the 360


The 360 is a better system than the PS3 anyway.


I'm not gonna say it, but you really should know what this makes you. :wink:
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28985
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Postby Sonray » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:11 pm

Shadowman wrote:
Sonray wrote:
dura maxamis wrote:the ps3 is dead lol i dont have any new systems but im saving up for a 360 then im get a wii i might even get a psp but i prob not get a ps3 at least for a long time till its the same price as the 360


The 360 is a better system than the PS3 anyway.


I'm not gonna say it, but you really should know what this makes you. :wink:


Whatever. Its called an opinion, so get over it and stop calling everyone who has an opinion a freaking fanboy.
Sonray
City Commander
Posts: 3531
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 4:42 pm

Postby Shadowman » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:15 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Sonray wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
Sonray wrote:
dura maxamis wrote:the ps3 is dead lol i dont have any new systems but im saving up for a 360 then im get a wii i might even get a psp but i prob not get a ps3 at least for a long time till its the same price as the 360


The 360 is a better system than the PS3 anyway.


I'm not gonna say it, but you really should know what this makes you. :wink:


Whatever. Its called an opinion, so get over it and stop calling everyone who has an opinion a freaking fanboy.


Are you kidding me? Opinions are what MAKE someone a fanboy!

I.e., when you favor one system over another two, you are a fanboy to that system/company.

You, in particular, are a Microsoft Fanboy.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28985
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Postby Sonray » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:17 pm

TheMuffin wrote:Well I wouldn't go that far. After all it has a lot fewer cases of system failure than the 360 with it's Red Lights of Doom which is in the ball park of 20% of systems if not more. That's the whole reason behind the 3 year warranty they just enacted. I think with enough time the PS3 will put out some stellar titles. Just nothing soon. I saw the new trailer for Killzone 2 today and it looked pretty decent. Not as a good as the original video of course but still good.


Yes we all know that, but at least M$ is doing something to fix the problem, which in the future will lead to better quality hardware.

As for why the 360 is better than the PS3...well thats simple...better performance, better online, better games.

With HUGE titles like MGS4 rumoured to go multiplatform, as well as big names from big game developers saying that their future products will HAVE to go multiplatform just to make their money back, the PS3 is dieing on its ass as each day passes. Why buy a PS3 when you can buy the 360 that does everything the PS3 can, but better. (and no this isnt an opinion, its a fact based on performance tests and direct comparison gameplay videos, as well as official technical specifications. So before you go throwing your fanboy rant around shadowman, i suggest you bite your tongue!)

Killzone 2 looked awesome, but it wont make the PS3 a success..and it'll more than likely go multi as well.

I wanted the PS3 to be great, i wanted to buy one for the longest time but since E3-05 its just been a downhill spiral what with the stupid price, downspeccing of PAL systems and lack of good games and crappy online play its been one disappointment after another.
Sonray
City Commander
Posts: 3531
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 4:42 pm

Postby Sonray » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:22 pm

Shadowman wrote:
Sonray wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
Sonray wrote:
dura maxamis wrote:the ps3 is dead lol i dont have any new systems but im saving up for a 360 then im get a wii i might even get a psp but i prob not get a ps3 at least for a long time till its the same price as the 360


The 360 is a better system than the PS3 anyway.


I'm not gonna say it, but you really should know what this makes you. :wink:


Whatever. Its called an opinion, so get over it and stop calling everyone who has an opinion a freaking fanboy.


Are you kidding me? Opinions are what MAKE someone a fanboy!

I.e., when you favor one system over another two, you are a fanboy to that system/company.

You, in particular, are a Microsoft Fanboy.


In which case your opinions are full of ****. Thats not how the fanboy thing works, so STFU because you are wrong and uninformed.

Everyone prefers some system over another(be it old or new), so by your logic everyone has to be a fanboy, which makes you one too.

Yeah, feel that? Aint so nice is it? But by your logic you are a fanboy so stop with the fanboy bullshit already or join the club.
Sonray
City Commander
Posts: 3531
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 4:42 pm

Postby TheMuffin » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:29 pm

Motto: "I still function!"
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Whoa guys freaking relax a little bit.
Image
User avatar
TheMuffin
Site Moderator
Posts: 11047
News Credits: 6
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:12 am
Location: Ohiooooooo
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 3
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Postby Shadowman » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:54 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
TheMuffin wrote:Whoa guys freaking relax a little bit.


Gotcha, Bossman. (Though I've been quite calm from the start of the Fanboy Wars)
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28985
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Postby Sonray » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:55 pm

TheMuffin wrote:Whoa guys freaking relax a little bit.


HE STARTED IT! :sad: :sad: :-P

No seriously im a little fed up with him calling me a fanboy everytime i state a fact that makes a system better than another.

Im even more fed up with the fact that he goes out of his way to call me a fanboy even when i express an opinion or how i like one system over another. We all prefer something over something else, its called "personal preferance" and "freedom of choice". That apparently makes everyone a fanboy in his eyes though.
Sonray
City Commander
Posts: 3531
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 4:42 pm

Postby Shadowman » Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:17 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Sonray wrote:
TheMuffin wrote:Whoa guys freaking relax a little bit.


HE STARTED IT! :sad: :sad: :-P

No seriously im a little fed up with him calling me a fanboy everytime i state a fact that makes a system better than another.

Im even more fed up with the fact that he goes out of his way to call me a fanboy even when i express an opinion or how i like one system over another. We all prefer something over something else, its called "personal preferance" and "freedom of choice". That apparently makes everyone a fanboy in his eyes though.


Yes, personal preference is what makes someone a fanboy.

As a matter of fact, I have this image hanging on my wall:
Attachments
Nintendo Poster.PNG
Nintendo Poster.PNG (28.05 KiB) Viewed 461 times
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28985
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Postby TheMuffin » Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:43 pm

Motto: "I still function!"
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
I think in Shadowmans case, fanboy isn't really a derogative term. I'll proudly admit I'm a fanboy of Microsoft. I love their games and from my standpoint I have no reason to purchase the other systems. However I will always respect what the other companies have done in creating their consoles.
Image
User avatar
TheMuffin
Site Moderator
Posts: 11047
News Credits: 6
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:12 am
Location: Ohiooooooo
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 3
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Postby Shadowman » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:04 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
TheMuffin wrote:I think in Shadowmans case, fanboy isn't really a derogative term. I'll proudly admit I'm a fanboy of Microsoft. I love their games and from my standpoint I have no reason to purchase the other systems. However I will always respect what the other companies have done in creating their consoles.


Me too.

As opposed to Sonray, who simply says "Wii and PS3 are ****. 360 is better." Though, to be fair, he includes examples of why 360 is better, rather than other people's fanboyistic blathering of "lol ur console is shitz!11!1!one!"
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28985
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Postby Sonray » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:17 pm

Shadowman wrote:
TheMuffin wrote:I think in Shadowmans case, fanboy isn't really a derogative term. I'll proudly admit I'm a fanboy of Microsoft. I love their games and from my standpoint I have no reason to purchase the other systems. However I will always respect what the other companies have done in creating their consoles.


Me too.

As opposed to Sonray, who simply says "Wii and PS3 are ****. 360 is better." Though, to be fair, he includes examples of why 360 is better, rather than other people's fanboyistic blathering of "lol ur console is shitz!11!1!one!"


Wait....you people consider it a good thing to be called a fanboy and something to be proud of?


This is......new.....this is like learnign to breathe under wter infact....ive never met people who are PROUD to be a fanboy, ive always considered it derogatory hence why i get so hostile when im called one.

And no i dont do the whole "lolz ur console suckz mine is betteeerrr" thing and i base why i think something is better based on facts, statistics, sales figures, hardware performace and quality of software.

I cant stand the mindless noob fanboy bullshit. If you are gonna argue about something then at least know what you are talking about first, hence why i have done my homework. :P

So anyway...its good to be a fanboy?

Maybe ive been looking at this the wrong way....damn Gamespot and their community of "lolz ur console sux" fanboy community! (thats where i used to post alot till i got fed up with the nazi moderators, lack of free speech and idiot fanboys.)
Sonray
City Commander
Posts: 3531
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 4:42 pm

Next

Return to Video Games Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #104 - Wrath of Con
Twincast / Podcast #104:
"Wrath of Con"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, November 2nd, 2014