Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

New Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Gameplay Footage Tomorrow Morning!

This is the forum to discuss all of those video games you love playing or that are coming out. From Transformers video games to Fighting games to Sports games ... whatever makes you a happy Seibertronian. Just keep it the topics and conversations game and console related.

Re: New Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Gameplay Footage Tomorrow Morning!

Postby Sodan-1 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:42 am

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
Hmm... Rather basic looking, but it could be fun. I hope Grimlock is playable in multiple missions: what sort of fun would he have just stepping on Insecticons?
Sodan-1
Gestalt
Posts: 2242
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:35 am
Location: Right where you'd least expect me to be.

Re: New Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Gameplay Footage Tomorrow Morning!

Postby Autobot032 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:52 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
toddstarz wrote:as a transformers fan and a pc gamer, i am sad this game is not coming to pc..


I'm in the same boat as you, however, after seeing this...I'm not sold on the game. (I know, I know, people are thinking "You're just complaining because you're not getting it. You're bitter.")

And I'm glad to see I'm not the only one, as evidenced below:

Sodan-1 wrote:Hmm... Rather basic looking, but it could be fun. I hope Grimlock is playable in multiple missions: what sort of fun would he have just stepping on Insecticons?


I don't mind button mashers to some extent. I don't mind some repetition. (Games of this type have both, in spades...) This, however, looks boring. Very repetitive. Walk, smash, smash, walk, run, shoot. The same thing could be said for Left 4 Dead, my favorite game of all time, and it's somewhat true. However, it's not constant. Grimlock's scene was constant button mashing. I'm sure there's more to the game (I hope), but so far...rather unimpressed.

Also, if I heard right, you have to wait for the rage meter to fill before he transforms? That sucks!

The toys will be awesome, that'll fill the game's void for me. I'm good as is.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
News Staff
Posts: 8806
News Credits: 39
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:51 am
Location: I don't know!
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Re: New Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Gameplay Footage Tomorrow Morning!

Postby Optimus1116 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:03 pm

Motto: "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"
Woo, Grimlock, where you been? :D
Optimus1116
Micromaster
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:28 pm
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: New Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Gameplay Footage Tomorrow Morning!

Postby BluePhirePB » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:27 pm

Looks cool! But judging by the rage meter, does that mean you can only transform into beast mode only when the meter is full vs. whenever you want alla WFC?
BluePhirePB
Minibot
Posts: 127
News Credits: 5
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 10:00 pm

Re: New Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Gameplay Footage Tomorrow Morning!

Postby Fenrir Prime » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:05 pm

This looks beautiful to me.

On the note of the rage meter, they have been saying that his transformation was reliant on that from the beginning. I personally don't see the big deal. it looks like it builds up really fast and makes the transformation feel like an awesome reward for mass murder.

So glad I have this pre-ordered. WFC was one of my favorite games and i think alot of gamers overlooked it cause all my friends thought it was a movie game. Flad to see Fall of Cybertron is getting a lot more hype around it.
User avatar
Fenrir Prime
Mini-Con
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:59 pm

Re: New Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Gameplay Footage Tomorrow Morning!

Postby Mindmaster » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:05 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
I'm scared to say that this is probably going to be better than Halo 4... :shock:
Image
Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

craggy wrote:When Hero Mashers are the nicest looking toys in a news post, you know something's wrong.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.

In case of really bad and/or corny puns made by Va'al, click and hit play.
User avatar
Mindmaster
News Staff
Posts: 5613
News Credits: 21
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: New Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Gameplay Footage Tomorrow Morning!

Postby sky_fire12 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:14 pm

After watching this clip i wouldn't mind having the option to play the entire game with Grimlock. Those attacks in both modes look amazing !!
sky_fire12
Mini-Con
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:01 pm

Re: New Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Gameplay Footage Tomorrow Morning!

Postby funeralthirst7 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:09 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
He bit that Insecticon in half. That was awesome.
Nobody calls Soundwave uncrasimatic


Recent acquisitions:

Masterpiece Optimus Prime
Masterpiece Thundercracker

GDO Powerdive

Prime Dreadwing (Voyager)
Prime Skyquake (Cyberverse)
User avatar
funeralthirst7
Minibot
Posts: 179
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:50 pm
Buy from funeralthirst7 on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: New Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Gameplay Footage Tomorrow Morning!

Postby Mindmaster » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:21 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Another thing I want to add; I kinda welcome what appears to be the Dinobot's new speaking patterns: no more "Me -insert Dinobot name/whatever the hell they feel like doing here-". It may feel weird, but favorite characters need a revamp every once in a while. Like Animated, they took the serious Optimus Prime we all know and love and turned him into what I think as a leader still learning how to lead. I like to see changes that don't completely screw up characters. ;)
Image
Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

craggy wrote:When Hero Mashers are the nicest looking toys in a news post, you know something's wrong.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.

In case of really bad and/or corny puns made by Va'al, click and hit play.
User avatar
Mindmaster
News Staff
Posts: 5613
News Credits: 21
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: New Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Gameplay Footage Tomorrow Morning!

Postby Stormrider » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:39 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
Sweet. I like it.
Image
Stormrider
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8608
News Credits: 37
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:24 am
Location: USA

Re: New Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Gameplay Footage Tomorrow Morning!

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:32 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Mindmaster wrote:Another thing I want to add; I kinda welcome what appears to be the Dinobot's new speaking patterns: no more "Me -insert Dinobot name/whatever the hell they feel like doing here-". It may feel weird, but favorite characters need a revamp every once in a while. Like Animated, they took the serious Optimus Prime we all know and love and turned him into what I think as a leader still learning how to lead. I like to see changes that don't completely screw up characters. ;)
All the Dinobots spoke normally in the Marvel G1 Comics. Well, about halfway through the comic's run, Grimlock did start talking like his cartoon self (with "Me, Grimlock"-type speech), but he did it on purpose to make himself sound dumb since he considered intellectuals weak. But his mind was still brilliant (when he wasn't being bombastic and overbearingly rude, that is), and he fooled others into thinking he had a glitch in his voice.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16928
News Credits: 107
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: New Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Gameplay Footage Tomorrow Morning!

Postby MasterSoundBlaster » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:34 pm

Motto: "You can run,you'll just die trying"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Image
I am not a GEEWUNNER...I just really like homeages

Burn wrote:Please don't clog this thread up with garbage. Either post a real picture of yourself, or tell Va'al how pretty he is.
User avatar
MasterSoundBlaster
Headmaster
Posts: 1192
News Credits: 4
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:59 pm
Location: Let's just say I can see Russia from my house
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Rank: ???
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 6

Re: New Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Gameplay Footage Tomorrow Morning!

Postby noctorro » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:40 am

Shut up and take my money!

Quick analysis:

- Melee combo (WFC has only one combo smack)
- Grab (WFC doesn't grab)
- Shield (Brutes had them but not playable)
- Beast Mode (WFC hasn't)
- Finishing move (eat spiderz, WFC haz none)

Well, a lot of new functionality in such a small clip.
I hope all the other bots also have this much more actions.

To pc gamer nay sayers. I use to remember a time when I bought a console just for 1 game when I was younger.
If this were that situation I'd sell my body a few times and get a ps3 or xbox just to play this game. :KREMZEEK:

just saiyan.
User avatar
noctorro
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 520
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:45 am

Re: New Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Gameplay Footage Tomorrow Morning!

Postby vectorA3 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:42 am

Motto: ""You must journey back farther into the matrix for the answer...""
Weapon: Energo-Sword
i hope High Moon is reading this -- that was the coolest clip of game footage of anything I've even seen this year. Epic win. Grimlock is king, and thank you for bringing such beloved TF characters into a game and "doing it right"!!!!!!
Image
"So who needs you spineless plasm-heads anyway?!!" -Astrotrain
User avatar
vectorA3
Godmaster
Posts: 1509
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Quintessa
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10+

Re: New Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Gameplay Footage Tomorrow Morning!

Postby Mykltron » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:37 am

Motto: "If I win again I'm still the champion. If you win HAH! that's just impossible.

Weapon: tea cup."
Makes me wish I was a gamer.
Image

Why not take a look at My TF Repaints? Updated 29th November

TFs for sale (TFA, Classics, Movie, PCC)
User avatar
Mykltron
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6081
News Credits: 10
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:43 am
Location: Nearby. Watching.

Re: New Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Gameplay Footage Tomorrow Morning!

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:04 am

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
noctorro wrote:Quick analysis:

- Melee combo (WFC has only one combo smack)
- Grab (WFC doesn't grab)
- Shield (Brutes had them but not playable)
- Beast Mode (WFC hasn't)
- Finishing move (eat spiderz, WFC haz none)

Well, a lot of new functionality in such a small clip.
I hope all the other bots also have this much more actions.
Grimlock's gameplay is described as being unique, being the only playable character who uses melee weaponry and a brawler fighting style. The rest of the characters are more of the typical shooter type characters.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16928
News Credits: 107
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Next

Return to Video Games Forum