Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

New Transformers Prime Episode and Description Revealed "Loose Cannons"

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: New Transformers Prime Episode and Description Revealed "Loose Cannons"

Postby Windsweeper » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:22 pm

It would never happen but I'd love if it was Punch/Counterpunch or Repugnus.

Haven't seen the toy but is Ironhide closer to G1 or the Movie? I'd prefer if he was G1 influenced and voiced by Cullen.

I'm enjoying Prime at the moment but I really wish we had a larger cast. Not a fan of Bulkhead or Bumblebee. Cliffjumper and Wheeljack were great and looked a lot cooler but each only lasted an episode.

Pity they didn't bring Rodimus or Prowl over from Animated instead of Bulkhead. He's not a bad character, just don't like his head design.
Windsweeper
Gestalt
Posts: 2064
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:04 pm

Re: New Transformers Prime Episode and Description Revealed "Loose Cannons"

Postby Hypershock » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:34 pm

Motto: "I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe. Oh, and I may or may not have been to Coruscant once or twice. Recently. Possibly."
Weapon: Dual Solar Powererd Vibro Cannons
Windsweeper wrote:It would never happen but I'd love if it was Punch/Counterpunch or Repugnus.

Haven't seen the toy but is Ironhide closer to G1 or the Movie? I'd prefer if he was G1 influenced and voiced by Cullen.

I'm enjoying Prime at the moment but I really wish we had a larger cast. Not a fan of Bulkhead or Bumblebee. Cliffjumper and Wheeljack were great and looked a lot cooler but each only lasted an episode.

Pity they didn't bring Rodimus or Prowl over from Animated instead of Bulkhead. He's not a bad character, just don't like his head design.


Kind of both, here he is:

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Hypershock
Combiner
Posts: 452
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:11 pm
Watch Hypershock on YouTube
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: New Transformers Prime Episode and Description Revealed "Loose Cannons"

Postby Rodimus Minor » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:54 pm

Motto: "Buff This"
Weapon: Cyclone Cannon
It must Be Ironhide and Dreadwing. but I am not sure what will be the problem with Ironhide maybe the Hate Plague
Image
User avatar
Rodimus Minor
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 967
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:04 am
Location: Swerves Bar
Watch Rodimus Minor on YouTube
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 6
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Re: New Transformers Prime Episode and Description Revealed "Loose Cannons"

Postby Optimus1116 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:00 pm

Motto: "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"
Perhaps the problem with Ironhide will be that he was over-shadowed by Dreadwing :shock: I do recall Skyquake being last seen in the ghost world with the humans (assuming that Skyquake becomes Dreadwing).
Optimus1116
Micromaster
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:28 pm
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: New Transformers Prime Episode and Description Revealed "Loose Cannons"

Postby Rodimus Minor » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:06 pm

Motto: "Buff This"
Weapon: Cyclone Cannon
Optimus1116 wrote:Perhaps the problem with Ironhide will be that he was over-shadowed by Dreadwing :shock: I do recall Skyquake being last seen in the ghost world with the humans (assuming that Skyquake becomes Dreadwing).


Dreadwing isn't Skyquake Dreadwing comes from the same Protoform mouled
Image
User avatar
Rodimus Minor
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 967
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:04 am
Location: Swerves Bar
Watch Rodimus Minor on YouTube
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 6
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Re: New Transformers Prime Episode and Description Revealed "Loose Cannons"

Postby SirSoundwaveIV » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:05 pm

Motto: "Wreck And Rock"
Weapon: Double-Barrelled Air-Compressor Cannon
Kiyza wrote:
SirSoundwaveIV wrote:Shot in the frickin dark, but what about Sentinel? Could just be a copy Megatron created or whatever (and Optimus, being a Prime, would realize this) Sort of out there but I wouldn't completely discount it.


Sentinel Prime is long dead in this continuity. If he were to show up, all of the Autobots would immediately suspect that he was an imposter.


Yeah, true. Also another one, maybe it's a Sideburn-esque deal from the Animated comics? Drone that shows a lot of sentience but actually created by the Decepticons to spy on the Autobots?
SirSoundwaveIV
Minibot
Posts: 179
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:47 pm
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Rank: 6
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Re: New Transformers Prime Episode and Description Revealed "Loose Cannons"

Postby Ultra Markus » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:42 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: Laser Rifle
i hope its ultramagnus and cyclonus
User avatar
Ultra Markus
Pretender
Posts: 795
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 5:48 pm
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: New Transformers Prime Episode and Description Revealed "Loose Cannons"

Postby PrymeStriker » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:49 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
Sabrblade wrote:
Hypershock wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Hypershock wrote:Duuuuuuuude!!!! yep, its ironhide. also, this kind of debunks the rumor that prime doesnt get his memmory back, at least to some degree
It's not Ironhide.

And it doesn't debunk the possibility of Optimus not getting his memories back. He can still go back the Autobots and rename himself "Optimus Prime" without actually getting his memories restored.


o, i can understand te optimus bit. but how do u know it's not ironhide? -.-
Because when Hasbro unveiled the Ironhide toy prototype, production of season 2 was already well underway and they said they had no plans for Ironhide to appear in the show at this time.


Yes, "At this time." And when did we see the prototype for that toy? Wasn't that at Botcon 2011? And that was in June of last year. This is merely Episode #6. Changes can be made over time, and it's possible that Episode 6 wasn't thought of yet. We can't be so matter of fact until we see some sort of visual preview. Right now we are in the Speculation Stage.

Keep in mind what we've seen at Toy Fair this year is not a prototype.
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5436
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: New Transformers Prime Episode and Description Revealed "Loose Cannons"

Postby Hypershock » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:59 pm

Motto: "I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe. Oh, and I may or may not have been to Coruscant once or twice. Recently. Possibly."
Weapon: Dual Solar Powererd Vibro Cannons
Gyrotron wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Hypershock wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Hypershock wrote:Duuuuuuuude!!!! yep, its ironhide. also, this kind of debunks the rumor that prime doesnt get his memmory back, at least to some degree
It's not Ironhide.

And it doesn't debunk the possibility of Optimus not getting his memories back. He can still go back the Autobots and rename himself "Optimus Prime" without actually getting his memories restored.


o, i can understand te optimus bit. but how do u know it's not ironhide? -.-
Because when Hasbro unveiled the Ironhide toy prototype, production of season 2 was already well underway and they said they had no plans for Ironhide to appear in the show at this time.


Yes, "At this time." And when did we see the prototype for that toy? Wasn't that at Botcon 2011? And that was in June of last year. This is merely Episode #6. Changes can be made over time, and it's possible that Episode 6 wasn't thought of yet. We can't be so matter of fact until we see some sort of visual preview. Right now we are in the Speculation Stage.

Keep in mind what we've seen at Toy Fair this year is not a prototype.


While i do agree with that pov, sabrblade is kind of right, shows like that take a loooooong time to plot and animate, so they couldnt really work it in last second. HOWEVER, sabrblade, that they still had five to ten episodes left to air, so he could have meant that he wasnt going to be in them. Or, y'know, he could just be lying because of spoilers. Lotta shows did/do that, if anyone was a Lost fan like i am you know what im talking about
Last edited by Hypershock on Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Hypershock
Combiner
Posts: 452
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:11 pm
Watch Hypershock on YouTube
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: New Transformers Prime Episode and Description Revealed "Loose Cannons"

Postby Hypershock » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:09 pm

Motto: "I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe. Oh, and I may or may not have been to Coruscant once or twice. Recently. Possibly."
Weapon: Dual Solar Powererd Vibro Cannons
Plus, I do think that they would have at least collaborated with the show on some level, so they would have known about the ironhide toy before we did. Just because Botcon 2011 was when the prototypes were shown doesnt mean that that was the first time any of the Prime staff had seen it
Image
User avatar
Hypershock
Combiner
Posts: 452
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:11 pm
Watch Hypershock on YouTube
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: New Transformers Prime Episode and Description Revealed "Loose Cannons"

Postby DarkEnergon » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:10 pm

Motto: "You can't harm me while Dark Energon flows through my veins!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Well, we know there is a HotShot toy, so he's a possibility.

We know they has said there will be dinobots and combiners... so Grimlock a possibility.

We know ironhide was slated for the show, and was changed to Bulkhead. We know they said Ironhide will not be in the show some time ago. Ironhide has a toy. But, Ironhide is unlikely to be an 'unstable rogue bot'.

Grimlock is likely to be an 'unstable rogue bot', and if any connection to WFC/FoC - he is legendary, too.

My money is on Grimlock.
User avatar
DarkEnergon
Minibot
Posts: 114
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 2:33 pm
Buy from DarkEnergon on eBay
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 3
Courage: 4
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: New Transformers Prime Episode and Description Revealed "Loose Cannons"

Postby At0mic Cav3man » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:46 pm

Motto: "Don't tell me violence isn't the answer! Violence solves a lot of damned problems!"
Weapon: Blunt Force Battle Clubs
Ironhide makes the most sense to me, and show makers lie all the time, so that's where my vote goes.

I'd be happy with Grimlock, don't get me wrong.

My main concern is that this episode sounds an awful lot like Wheeljack's episode from Season 1. I hope this doesn't become a once a season thing.

Either way, I just want to see more characters show up. I know it costs more money with CG shows to add new characters, and a smaller cast allows for more character development, but come on! They already have a Wheeljack model in the system, lets get that guy back on earth!
"I know they tell ya, you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious." - Mal Reynolds
User avatar
At0mic Cav3man
Minibot
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:15 am
Location: Dayton, OH
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: New Transformers Prime Episode and Description Revealed "Loose Cannons"

Postby Hypershock » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:44 am

Motto: "I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe. Oh, and I may or may not have been to Coruscant once or twice. Recently. Possibly."
Weapon: Dual Solar Powererd Vibro Cannons
At0mic Cav3man wrote:Ironhide makes the most sense to me, and show makers lie all the time, so that's where my vote goes.

I'd be happy with Grimlock, don't get me wrong.

My main concern is that this episode sounds an awful lot like Wheeljack's episode from Season 1. I hope this doesn't become a once a season thing.

Either way, I just want to see more characters show up. I know it costs more money with CG shows to add new characters, and a smaller cast allows for more character development, but come on! They already have a Wheeljack model in the system, lets get that guy back on earth!


Luv you too, At0mic Cav3man :)
Image
User avatar
Hypershock
Combiner
Posts: 452
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:11 pm
Watch Hypershock on YouTube
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: New Transformers Prime Episode and Description Revealed "Loose Cannons"

Postby Chaoslock » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:47 am

Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Knowing that the writers "borrow" ideas from any continuities they come across (aside from their own "you throw something up in the air on Cybertron, it sure as hell lands on Earth"-mentality) it can be anything from Ultra Magnus to Sky-bite
GENERATION 1: THE EPIC ORIGINS! -Hasbro

"Autobots, Buster Witwicky killed Primus. Kill on sight!" - broadcast from Urban Dead

Image

Psychout wrote:Never, ever take the internet seriously, especially not when its on a website dedicated to giant cartoon robots from outer space.
User avatar
Chaoslock
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5246
News Credits: 7
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:31 am
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: New Transformers Prime Episode and Description Revealed "Loose Cannons"

Postby At0mic Cav3man » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:01 am

Motto: "Don't tell me violence isn't the answer! Violence solves a lot of damned problems!"
Weapon: Blunt Force Battle Clubs
Hypershock wrote:
At0mic Cav3man wrote:Ironhide makes the most sense to me, and show makers lie all the time, so that's where my vote goes.

I'd be happy with Grimlock, don't get me wrong.

My main concern is that this episode sounds an awful lot like Wheeljack's episode from Season 1. I hope this doesn't become a once a season thing.

Either way, I just want to see more characters show up. I know it costs more money with CG shows to add new characters, and a smaller cast allows for more character development, but come on! They already have a Wheeljack model in the system, lets get that guy back on earth!


Luv you too, At0mic Cav3man :)


*Chest thump, Peace Sign*

Much love indeed, my friend. :P
"I know they tell ya, you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious." - Mal Reynolds
User avatar
At0mic Cav3man
Minibot
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:15 am
Location: Dayton, OH
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: New Transformers Prime Episode and Description Revealed "Loose Cannons"

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:04 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
loose cannon
noun

a person whose reckless behavior endangers the efforts or welfare of others.

a person or thing that appears to be beyond control and is potentially a source of unintentional damage

a loudmouth; a braggart. : As it turned out, he's not just a loose cannon. He makes sense.

One who is uncontrolled and therefore a serious and unpredictable danger. For example, We can't trust her to talk to the press; she's a loose cannon. This metaphoric expression alludes to cannon mounted on the deck of a sailing ship, which if dislodged during combat or a storm could cause serious damage to both vessel and crew by sliding about. Its figurative use dates from the first half of the 1900s.


--Source: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/loose+cannon
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17696
News Credits: 111
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: New Transformers Prime Episode and Description Revealed "Loose Cannons"

Postby Hypershock » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:26 pm

Motto: "I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe. Oh, and I may or may not have been to Coruscant once or twice. Recently. Possibly."
Weapon: Dual Solar Powererd Vibro Cannons
At0mic Cav3man wrote:
Hypershock wrote:
At0mic Cav3man wrote:Ironhide makes the most sense to me, and show makers lie all the time, so that's where my vote goes.

I'd be happy with Grimlock, don't get me wrong.

My main concern is that this episode sounds an awful lot like Wheeljack's episode from Season 1. I hope this doesn't become a once a season thing.

Either way, I just want to see more characters show up. I know it costs more money with CG shows to add new characters, and a smaller cast allows for more character development, but come on! They already have a Wheeljack model in the system, lets get that guy back on earth!


Luv you too, At0mic Cav3man :)


*Chest thump, Peace Sign*

Much love indeed, my friend. :P


*Theoretical high-five/fist bump* :D

Sabrblade wrote:loose cannon
noun

a person whose reckless behavior endangers the efforts or welfare of others.

a person or thing that appears to be beyond control and is potentially a source of unintentional damage

a loudmouth; a braggart. : As it turned out, he's not just a loose cannon. He makes sense.

One who is uncontrolled and therefore a serious and unpredictable danger. For example, We can't trust her to talk to the press; she's a loose cannon. This metaphoric expression alludes to cannon mounted on the deck of a sailing ship, which if dislodged during combat or a storm could cause serious damage to both vessel and crew by sliding about. Its figurative use dates from the first half of the 1900s.


--Source: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/loose+cannon

I know what loose cannon means, im sayin it could be a double entendre, i.e. title= Loose Cannons, ironhide has two big cannons and he's a loose cannon.

I would like to clarify my position, i will not deny that i am a huge ironhide fan and would like him on the show. However, i do not necessarily think he might be in this episode, im just pointing out that most of the evidence points more to ironhide than to anyone else. I will be disappointed if he doesnt appear, but i wont be mad because you're right, they havent said ironhide will be on the show.
Image
User avatar
Hypershock
Combiner
Posts: 452
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:11 pm
Watch Hypershock on YouTube
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: New Transformers Prime Episode and Description Revealed "Loose Cannons"

Postby Chaoslock » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:39 pm

Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Sabrblade wrote:loose canon
noun

WFC and Prime shares the same continuity


:P
GENERATION 1: THE EPIC ORIGINS! -Hasbro

"Autobots, Buster Witwicky killed Primus. Kill on sight!" - broadcast from Urban Dead

Image

Psychout wrote:Never, ever take the internet seriously, especially not when its on a website dedicated to giant cartoon robots from outer space.
User avatar
Chaoslock
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5246
News Credits: 7
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:31 am
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: New Transformers Prime Episode and Description Revealed "Loose Cannons"

Postby ILL-Star » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:16 pm

Motto: "What is life without misfortune?"
Weapon: Cluster Bombs
I don't see how there would be something wrong with Ironhide. But if Optimus saw an autobot turn into a t-rex, I believe he'd think there's something wrong.
ILL-Star
Fuzor
Posts: 252
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:37 am
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: New Transformers Prime Episode and Description Revealed "Loose Cannons"

Postby At0mic Cav3man » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:51 am

Motto: "Don't tell me violence isn't the answer! Violence solves a lot of damned problems!"
Weapon: Blunt Force Battle Clubs
Watch it end up being someone we never even see coming. It's gonna be like Jazz or Prowl, making everyone holding up their Ironhide and Grimlock signs drop them and go "Son of a...".
"I know they tell ya, you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious." - Mal Reynolds
User avatar
At0mic Cav3man
Minibot
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:15 am
Location: Dayton, OH
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: New Transformers Prime Episode and Description Revealed "Loose Cannons"

Postby ebilly99 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:37 pm

Well wouldn't it be great if it was Punch/counterpunch :) It would be awesome if the story would center around a autobot whose spark was moved to a cons body to keep him alive... With disastrous results
ebilly99
Vehicon
Posts: 371
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 7:50 pm

Previous

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #104 - Wrath of Con
Twincast / Podcast #104:
"Wrath of Con"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, November 2nd, 2014