Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Newer full Star Trek Into Darkness Trailer

Welcome to the General Discussion area where just about anything goes! This area is designed to discuss all matters and does not necessarily have to be Transformers related. Please keep topics relevant.

Newer full Star Trek Into Darkness Trailer

Postby Rodimus Prime » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:16 am

Motto: "...and hell followed with him."
Weapon: Twin Photon Blasters
I posted the Japanese version because it has a little extra at the end (very nostalgic) that the American version doesn't.

Last edited by Rodimus Prime on Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
............Image
User avatar
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
Posts: 15490
News Credits: 17
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm
Location: Primus Chamber

Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Trailer (with exclusive Japanese footage)

Postby Darth Bombshell » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:33 am

Motto: "Insanity is a state of mind, and I have a home there."
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
Is the blonde supposed to be Chapel?

Also...about the end...

Are they REALLY going to do THAT again?
Darth Bombshell
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13609
News Credits: 35
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2002 8:38 pm
Location: Maple Ridge, British Columbia, Canada.
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Trailer (with exclusive Japanese footage)

Postby Rodimus Prime » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:32 pm

Motto: "...and hell followed with him."
Weapon: Twin Photon Blasters
Darth Bombshell wrote:Are they REALLY going to do THAT again?


Why not? It was a clever twist back then. This time it won't be a surprise, but it's a pretty nice homage, especially if the villain really is Khan.
............Image
User avatar
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
Posts: 15490
News Credits: 17
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm
Location: Primus Chamber

Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Trailer (with exclusive Japanese footage)

Postby waaaaghlord » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:26 pm

Spoiler tags? Really? Anybody who knows the slightest bit of Trek lore can have a pretty good guess at where they're going with this. But if that's what we're doing then fair enough.

I can see bits in that trailer that would point to the Cumberbatch part being Mitchell rather than Khan. If they were going with Khan I would have loved to see the title on this one being Star Trek: Botany Bay, but maybe that's just me.
Image
waaaaghlord
City Commander
Posts: 3354
News Credits: 7
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:20 pm

Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Trailer (with exclusive Japanese footage)

Postby Mkall » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:57 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
I had to laugh during the monologue-ing and some of the silhouettes while imagining that Admiral Archer finally snaps and punishes everyone for not getting a 7-season Star Trek show.

Following some of the more realistic rumours though, I'm interested to see where this goes.
Image

My Collection! Updated April 21, 2013
User avatar
Mkall
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14021
News Credits: 37
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:50 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Trailer (with exclusive Japanese footage)

Postby Darth Bombshell » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:31 pm

Motto: "Insanity is a state of mind, and I have a home there."
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
waaaaghlord wrote:Spoiler tags? Really? Anybody who knows the slightest bit of Trek lore can have a pretty good guess at where they're going with this.


You can't assume that. Hence, the spoiler tags.

waaaaghlord wrote:I can see bits in that trailer that would point to the Cumberbatch part being Mitchell rather than Khan.


It can't be Mitchell. The IDW comics have already done that plot.
Darth Bombshell
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13609
News Credits: 35
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2002 8:38 pm
Location: Maple Ridge, British Columbia, Canada.
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Trailer (with exclusive Japanese footage)

Postby njb902 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:59 pm

The starship crashing into the water doesn't look like the Enterprise, it's engine pylons look to wide and straight. Could it be the Reliant or the Valiant, or am I just seeing things?
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2563
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Trailer (with exclusive Japanese footage)

Postby Rodimus Prime » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:32 am

Motto: "...and hell followed with him."
Weapon: Twin Photon Blasters
Darth Bombshell wrote:It can't be Mitchell. The IDW comics have already done that plot.


So? That doesn't mean it can't be on film. Though I do hope the villain is Khan.
............Image
User avatar
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
Posts: 15490
News Credits: 17
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm
Location: Primus Chamber

Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Trailer (with exclusive Japanese footage)

Postby Darth Bombshell » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:11 pm

Motto: "Insanity is a state of mind, and I have a home there."
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
Rodimus Prime wrote:So? That doesn't mean it can't be on film.


Considering it ended with Mitchell getting killed, I'd say it does.
Darth Bombshell
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13609
News Credits: 35
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2002 8:38 pm
Location: Maple Ridge, British Columbia, Canada.
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Trailer (with exclusive Japanese footage)

Postby Rodimus Prime » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:31 pm

Motto: "...and hell followed with him."
Weapon: Twin Photon Blasters
Darth Bombshell wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:So? That doesn't mean it can't be on film.


Considering it ended with Mitchell getting killed, I'd say it does.


No, the movie doesn't have to be a sequel or continuation of the comic.
............Image
User avatar
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
Posts: 15490
News Credits: 17
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm
Location: Primus Chamber

Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Trailer (with exclusive Japanese footage)

Postby Cyber Bishop » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:50 am

Motto: "Ker-Klick... Choom!"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Darth Bombshell wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:So? That doesn't mean it can't be on film.


Considering it ended with Mitchell getting killed, I'd say it does.


No, the movie doesn't have to be a sequel or continuation of the comic.


Exactly, the movie is it's own entity.

Maybe this can help.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=71065

Personally I think he is playing Gary Mitchell..
Image

http://www.facebook.com/cyberbishop

501st Legion Deputy Forum Admin
Bast Alpha Garrison GWL
TK/ID/SL: 2926
User avatar
Cyber Bishop
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18594
News Credits: 11
Joined: Fri May 09, 2003 4:04 am
Location: New Orleans
Watch Cyber Bishop on YouTube
Buy from Cyber Bishop on eBay

Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Trailer (with exclusive Japanese footage)

Postby njb902 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:03 pm

Either way is fine with me. I do hope Simon Pegg plays a bigger part though, I love his Scotty.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2563
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Trailer (with exclusive Japanese footage)

Postby Turtleman747 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:30 pm

Motto: "Just doing what I can with what I got"
njb902 wrote:The starship crashing into the water doesn't look like the Enterprise, it's engine pylons look to wide and straight. Could it be the Reliant or the Valiant, or am I just seeing things?

I noticed that too perhaps a refit? nacelles kind of look like the E's but saucer section is defiantly not
User avatar
Turtleman747
Mini-Con
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:41 am
Watch Turtleman747 on YouTube
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 9
Endurance: 8
Courage: 6
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Trailer (with exclusive Japanese footage)

Postby njb902 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:34 pm

Turtleman747 wrote:
njb902 wrote:The starship crashing into the water doesn't look like the Enterprise, it's engine pylons look to wide and straight. Could it be the Reliant or the Valiant, or am I just seeing things?

I noticed that too perhaps a refit? nacelles kind of look like the E's but saucer section is defiantly not


Nacelles!!! That was the word I couldn't remember for the life of me.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2563
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Trailer (with exclusive Japanese footage)

Postby Autobot032 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:39 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Rumor is, the ship is getting a slight refit. Apparently, as the films go on, it'll evolve more and more into the TOS movieverse Enterprise with Abrams' design choices. It's supposed to be the best of both worlds. I can't wait to see what the final design for the new movieverse Enterprise is supposed to look like.

Oh, and as for comics and films not going hand in hand, I can't even begin to tell you how many times that has happened. Just because one storyline happened in the comics or the film, doesn't mean it will happen in the other.

The Bayverse is a perfect example of this. IDW can churn out whatever they want, but as long as Bay, Kruger and the producers have final say, the movies can be a completely different story and ignore all other media if they so choose.

No offense folks, but the sooner you come to terms with that fact, the sooner it won't be gnawing at your soul and sanity.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
News Staff
Posts: 8803
News Credits: 39
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:51 am
Location: I don't know!
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Trailer (with exclusive Japanese footage)

Postby njb902 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:46 pm

Autobot032 wrote:Rumor is, the ship is getting a slight refit. Apparently, as the films go on, it'll evolve more and more into the TOS movieverse Enterprise with Abrams' design choices. It's supposed to be the best of both worlds. I can't wait to see what the final design for the new movieverse Enterprise is supposed to look like.

Oh, and as for comics and films not going hand in hand, I can't even begin to tell you how many times that has happened. Just because one storyline happened in the comics or the film, doesn't mean it will happen in the other.

The Bayverse is a perfect example of this. IDW can churn out whatever they want, but as long as Bay, Kruger and the producers have final say, the movies can be a completely different story and ignore all other media if they so choose.

No offense folks, but the sooner you come to terms with that fact, the sooner it won't be gnawing at your soul and sanity.


If that is the case then that is awesome! I really liked the look of the refitted Enterprise/Enterprise A.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2563
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Trailer (with exclusive Japanese footage)

Postby Turtleman747 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:47 pm

Motto: "Just doing what I can with what I got"
Image

kind of make me think of this too with the top and back of the nacelles
Image
User avatar
Turtleman747
Mini-Con
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:41 am
Watch Turtleman747 on YouTube
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 9
Endurance: 8
Courage: 6
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Trailer (with exclusive Japanese footage)

Postby Darth Bombshell » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:17 pm

Motto: "Insanity is a state of mind, and I have a home there."
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
Autobot032 wrote:Oh, and as for comics and films not going hand in hand, I can't even begin to tell you how many times that has happened. Just because one storyline happened in the comics or the film, doesn't mean it will happen in the other.


That may be true, expect that Roberto Orci is overseeing them, and I highly doubt that he would let the writers put something in them that would directly contradict what he and Kurtzman had planned for the sequel.
Darth Bombshell
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13609
News Credits: 35
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2002 8:38 pm
Location: Maple Ridge, British Columbia, Canada.
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Trailer (with exclusive Japanese footage)

Postby Autobot032 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:32 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Darth Bombshell wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:Oh, and as for comics and films not going hand in hand, I can't even begin to tell you how many times that has happened. Just because one storyline happened in the comics or the film, doesn't mean it will happen in the other.


That may be true, expect that Roberto Orci is overseeing them, and I highly doubt that he would let the writers put something in them that would directly contradict what he and Kurtzman had planned for the sequel.


...Orci & Kurtzman produce Prime and I'm sure the comics have contradicted their work a time or two. Not to mention, the movies clearly weren't all their work. The comics and the movies don't line up.

All I'm saying is, if Paramount wants the movie to go a certain way and the comics don't fit it, the comics get screwed. Movies will always trump comics with the audience and the bank. Comics are profitable, yes, but movies will always be more so.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
News Staff
Posts: 8803
News Credits: 39
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:51 am
Location: I don't know!
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Re: Newer full Star Trek Into Darkness Trailer

Postby Rodimus Prime » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:27 pm

Motto: "...and hell followed with him."
Weapon: Twin Photon Blasters
Added the new trailer.
............Image
User avatar
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
Posts: 15490
News Credits: 17
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm
Location: Primus Chamber

Re: Newer full Star Trek Into Darkness Trailer

Postby Shadowman » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:50 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Rodimus Prime wrote:Added the new trailer.


And then Paramount removed it. Now I have to go all the way over to Youtube to see it!

EDIT: This one appears to be not busted for the moment:

Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28849
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Newer full Star Trek Into Darkness Trailer

Postby Shadowman » Wed May 15, 2013 5:39 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Read the Wikipedia article.

Well I'll be dipped. It really was Khan.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28849
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!


Return to General Discussion