Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Next Batman film title confirmed: The Dark Knight Rises

Welcome to the General Discussion area where just about anything goes! This area is designed to discuss all matters and does not necessarily have to be Transformers related. Please keep topics relevant.

Moderators: Cryhavok, Supreme Convoy, robofreak

Re: Next Batman film title confirmed: The Dark Knight Rises

Postby Blast Cannon » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:43 am

Motto: ""Life is all about risks and it requires you to jump. Don't be a person who has to look back and wonder what they would have or could have had. No one lives forever.""
Weapon: Dual Lasers


The long awaited teaser trailer in HD. Thoughts? :)
Image
We never win at home and we never win away, we lost last week and we lost today, we don't give a f*ck 'cos we're all pissed up... MCFC OK!
User avatar
Blast Cannon
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9637
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2002 2:51 am
Location: Manchester, UK
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Rank: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: Next Batman film title confirmed: The Dark Knight Rises

Postby prowl123 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:26 pm

Motto: "If your house burns down... it's my fault."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Not a very informative trailer. It's almost completely recycled footage.
~prowl123~


Don't take anything I say seriously, because what I say may not necessarily be what I mean.
User avatar
prowl123
Godmaster
Posts: 1551
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:43 pm
Location: Watching the guy that's watching you.
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: Next Batman film title confirmed: The Dark Knight Rises

Postby ishfishmial0 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:07 pm

There was hardly anything in the trailer. I like the part where the light shining though the building was in a shape of a bat. Looks a lot darker than the dark knight.
ishfishmial0
Mini-Con
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:30 pm

Re: Next Batman film title confirmed: The Dark Knight Rises

Postby Skyfire77 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:58 pm

Motto: "Science can't move forward without heaps!"
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
prowl123 wrote:Not a very informative trailer. It's almost completely recycled footage.


Being they've barely begun filming it, that's not really surprising.
Image
User avatar
Skyfire77
Headmaster
Posts: 1077
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:03 pm
Location: Bethel Park, PA
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Re: Next Batman film title confirmed: The Dark Knight Rises

Postby 5150 Cruiser » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:18 pm

Motto: "If it first you don't succeed,.. Sky diving is not for you!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled Self-Propelled Rocket Launcher
I apoligise if this has come up already as i haven't read the intire thread. But without Heath Leder, i have my doubts this will even come close to the Dark Knight in terms of over all performances. Hopefully i'm proven wrong as initialy people laughed when it was anouced that he was given the role of the joker.
I actually like Anne Hathoway, so that gives me something to look forward to.
Decepticons... Com in get yo ice cream!.... And then get yo ass whop'in!!

Suck my popsicle!! :p

Shadowman wrote:I will put forth the theory that it was the internet itself trying to punch him in the face.
User avatar
5150 Cruiser
Headmaster
Posts: 1166
News Credits: 4
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:24 pm
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Next Batman film title confirmed: The Dark Knight Rises

Postby Shadowman » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:13 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Skyfire77 wrote:
prowl123 wrote:Not a very informative trailer. It's almost completely recycled footage.


Being they've barely begun filming it, that's not really surprising.


It's a teaser trailer, they rarely have anything in them. Hence the word "teaser."

5150 Cruiser wrote:I apoligise if this has come up already as i haven't read the intire thread. But without Heath Leder, i have my doubts this will even come close to the Dark Knight in terms of over all performances. Hopefully i'm proven wrong as initialy people laughed when it was anouced that he was given the role of the joker.
I actually like Anne Hathoway, so that gives me something to look forward to.


TDK was successful for a lot of things that weren't Heath Ledger. He wasn't even the best Joker. (Mark Hamill!) But you're right, before he died, everyone complained about his design and how he'd be the worst Joker ever. After his death, though...
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Melvin, the Lord of Darkness
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28640
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Next Batman film title confirmed: The Dark Knight Rises

Postby NTESHFT » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:08 pm

Motto: "60% of the time, it works every time!"
Weapon: Black Magic
Shadowman wrote:
Skyfire77 wrote:
prowl123 wrote:Not a very informative trailer. It's almost completely recycled footage.


Being they've barely begun filming it, that's not really surprising.


It's a teaser trailer, they rarely have anything in them. Hence the word "teaser."

5150 Cruiser wrote:I apoligise if this has come up already as i haven't read the intire thread. But without Heath Leder, i have my doubts this will even come close to the Dark Knight in terms of over all performances. Hopefully i'm proven wrong as initialy people laughed when it was anouced that he was given the role of the joker.
I actually like Anne Hathoway, so that gives me something to look forward to.


TDK was successful for a lot of things that weren't Heath Ledger. He wasn't even the best Joker. (Mark Hamill!) But you're right, before he died, everyone complained about his design and how he'd be the worst Joker ever. After his death, though...



Agree with everything except for one.I new Ledger did the character a great deal of justice, especially considering that it was coming from the modern day joker of the comic. (oh, and yes I loved Hamill doing the voice of the Joker, myself.) And I thought that since he was announced for doing the part. The reason for this is because I was doubting the first movie, due to the Tumbler, and what I, at first, was perceiving the look to be. I was dead wrong. Then came the second. People were complaining about Ledger (and mostly those who never even picked up a comic of the Bat in their entire life). But I told them "wait and see". And HA! It topped the first....

Now Their wanting to complain about Miss Hathoway. Remember- "In Nolan we trust" She's gonna do great and I'm telling you guys this one will top The Dark Knight. I'm so psyched......... :BOOM:
Image
User avatar
NTESHFT
Brainmaster
Posts: 1292
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:50 pm
Location: Dirty South
Buy from NTESHFT on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Re: Next Batman film title confirmed: The Dark Knight Rises

Postby 5150 Cruiser » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:26 pm

Motto: "If it first you don't succeed,.. Sky diving is not for you!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled Self-Propelled Rocket Launcher
Shadowman wrote:
TDK was successful for a lot of things that weren't Heath Ledger. He wasn't even the best Joker. (Mark Hamill!) But you're right, before he died, everyone complained about his design and how he'd be the worst Joker ever. After his death, though...


I'm not saying the Ledger was the sole reason for its success, but i had alot to do with it. He brought a certain phycotic and serious tone that we hadn't seen in any other Batman vilans on the big screen. As far as his death is concerned, i really don't believe that had anything to do with people liking his performance any better than has he were alive. It may have brought more attention to the movie, but i don't see how its going to make anyone like a movie any better.
As far as best Joker that's just going to be more personal taste. But my vote goes still goes to Heath Ledger with Jack Nicolson coming in 2nd. maybe becase he was the first Joker, maybe because i saw Batan in the theaters when i was a kid. (I still remember his laugh like i did the first time 8) )
I'm hoping Anne Hathoway can prove the nawsayers wrong like Ledger did. She's played some preety serious roles in the past very well.
Decepticons... Com in get yo ice cream!.... And then get yo ass whop'in!!

Suck my popsicle!! :p

Shadowman wrote:I will put forth the theory that it was the internet itself trying to punch him in the face.
User avatar
5150 Cruiser
Headmaster
Posts: 1166
News Credits: 4
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:24 pm
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Next Batman film title confirmed: The Dark Knight Rises

Postby Shadowman » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:17 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
5150 Cruiser wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
TDK was successful for a lot of things that weren't Heath Ledger. He wasn't even the best Joker. (Mark Hamill!) But you're right, before he died, everyone complained about his design and how he'd be the worst Joker ever. After his death, though...


I'm not saying the Ledger was the sole reason for its success, but i had alot to do with it. He brought a certain phycotic and serious tone that we hadn't seen in any other Batman vilans on the big screen.


That's a major characteristic of the Joker, you literally can't play the character without it.

5150 Cruiser wrote:As far as best Joker that's just going to be more personal taste. But my vote goes still goes to Heath Ledger with Jack Nicolson coming in 2nd. maybe becase he was the first Joker, maybe because i saw Batan in the theaters when i was a kid. (I still remember his laugh like i did the first time 8) )


Caesar Romero played the Joker in the 1960s show and the actual first movie. Nicholson was the first Joker in the same way Michael Keaton was the first Batman.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Melvin, the Lord of Darkness
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28640
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Next Batman film title confirmed: The Dark Knight Rises

Postby 5150 Cruiser » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:51 am

Motto: "If it first you don't succeed,.. Sky diving is not for you!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled Self-Propelled Rocket Launcher
Shadowman wrote: That's a major characteristic of the Joker, you literally can't play the character without it.


Caesar Romero portrayal was more campy "I'm gonna get cha!" than deranged phycotic. (though to be fair, all the characters in the oringal series and movie were nothing but campy fun) Either way, i felt Ledgers portrayal was far better. having said that i'm not trying to deminish Romero's role in any way. He was after all the original.

Shadowman wrote:Caesar Romero played the Joker in the 1960s show and the actual first movie. Nicholson was the first Joker in the same way Michael Keaton was the first Batman.


Sorry, i should have been more clear. You right Ceasar was the first Joker, Adam west was the first Batman, and Keaton is to Batman to what Nicholson was the first Joker.
Decepticons... Com in get yo ice cream!.... And then get yo ass whop'in!!

Suck my popsicle!! :p

Shadowman wrote:I will put forth the theory that it was the internet itself trying to punch him in the face.
User avatar
5150 Cruiser
Headmaster
Posts: 1166
News Credits: 4
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:24 pm
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Next Batman film title confirmed: The Dark Knight Rises

Postby Blast Cannon » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:32 am

Motto: ""Life is all about risks and it requires you to jump. Don't be a person who has to look back and wonder what they would have or could have had. No one lives forever.""
Weapon: Dual Lasers
Don't apologise to Shadowman. You'll wake up tomorrow with no pants.
Image
We never win at home and we never win away, we lost last week and we lost today, we don't give a f*ck 'cos we're all pissed up... MCFC OK!
User avatar
Blast Cannon
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9637
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2002 2:51 am
Location: Manchester, UK
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Rank: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: Next Batman film title confirmed: The Dark Knight Rises

Postby sto_vo_kor_2000 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:22 am

Motto: "Today is a good day to die......but the day is not yet over!"
5150 Cruiser wrote:You right Ceasar was the first Joker, Adam west was the first Batman,


Actually Lewis Wilson was the first actor to portray Batman on screen, Robert Lowery was the 2nd actor to portray Batman on screen.
Predaprince wrote:I am very thankful to have posters like sto_vo_kor_2000 who is so energetic about improving others' understanding and enjoyment of the TF universe
Stormrider wrote:You often add interesting insights to conversations that makes the fledglings think and challenges even the sharpest minds

T-Macksimus wrote:I consider you and editor to be amongst the most "scholarly" in terms of your knowledge, demeanor and general approach

Image
sto_vo_kor_2000
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6873
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:01 am

Re: Next Batman film title confirmed: The Dark Knight Rises

Postby Evil_the_Nub » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:45 pm

Motto: "Feel free to die when you've had enough."
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Blast Cannon wrote:Has anybody checked out this Youtube channel?

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheJokerBlogs

It's a small webseries based on events after the Dark Knight. The premise is that some of the Joker's interview tapes are leaked on to the internet. It's incredibly well done and the guy who plays the Joker is amazingly similar to Heath Ledger and has his voice/mannerisms down to a tea.

It's that impressive that Warner Bros have taken a look and had the amateur team behind the blog to come in for some reason. There's apparently going to be a big announcement today (18th July).

Anyways, I implore all fans of Nolan's universe to check it out because it's fantastic. Be sure to watch the series in order though, there's about 19 episodes averaging about ten minutes each.

Wow, he is really good. He even gets in your head the same way Heath Ledger did.
Image
NewFoundStarscreamLuv wrote:me and my friends combine all the time. Sometimes I even combine by myself if no one is around.
User avatar
Evil_the_Nub
Gestalt
Posts: 2359
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:47 am
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: 9
Firepower: 3
Skill: 9

Re: Next Batman film title confirmed: The Dark Knight Rises

Postby Blast Cannon » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:08 am

Motto: ""Life is all about risks and it requires you to jump. Don't be a person who has to look back and wonder what they would have or could have had. No one lives forever.""
Weapon: Dual Lasers
Image

Hi.
Image
We never win at home and we never win away, we lost last week and we lost today, we don't give a f*ck 'cos we're all pissed up... MCFC OK!
User avatar
Blast Cannon
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9637
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2002 2:51 am
Location: Manchester, UK
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Rank: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Previous

Return to General Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #90 - Dark Scorponok
Twincast / Podcast #90:
"Dark Scorponok"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, April 7th, 2014