I'd hazard a guess that our friends have incorrectly labelled these very weak story elements as plot holes simply because there's no familiar common term for them that comes to mind. Make of that what you will.
I'm curious as to why you'd bring this up again though.
Are you a glutton for punishment or just love fanning the flames?
It's because the vast majority of people who comment on this don't know what they're talking about. While some elements of the film's stories are indeed weak they're a far cry from a plot hole as the term is defined (see the top of the first post).
shamone wrote:call them plot holes, call them gaps in logic they exist
Explanations like, rule of drama, rule of comedy arent really explanations but excuses.
As for other plot holes/gaps in logic
You've just demonstrated that you don't know the difference between a plot hole and a trope. Now, on to your examples...
- how come bumblebee couldnt detect the pretender
She's an infiltrator, and we know Autobots and Decepticons can shield their energy signatures at times.
- why did the primes sacrifice themselves if they were the only ones who could stop him
"The Fallen was stronger than his brothers..." is a fact Jetfire outright states. It took a Prime's power combined with that of a Seeker to kill him for good. The original Primes combined could only take him down long enough to hide the Matrix. These are well known facts you chose to ignore.
- how does one become a descendent of a prime. How do TF's propogate / (i dont want bay to answer that one)
Transformer reproduction is never clearly defined in any of the sattelite media or other continuities. The movieverse only elaborates on the fact that the AllSpark is involved to some degree, but all Transformers it produces are feral. The fanboy in me wants to speculate transferal of an aspect of a "parent" spark is required to give the Transformer sentience, but I'll give you half this one.
- Why did they place the matrix, the key to the sun eater, so close to the sun eater.
1. The Fallen was right there.
2. They couldn't kill him.
3. It was do or die, and Earth hung in the balance.
- why did sam and the warrior goddess decide to walk a few miles to prime, when bee was beside them and could have driven them in a matter of minutes
We argued back and forth about this before, but upon a recent viewing of RotF this one falls apart as a plot hole even more. Simmons and Leo with the Twins, and 'bee by himself distracted Star Scream. Sam and Mikaela took off on foot. However, it wasn't until the pair approached the ruined villiage that the battle lines were drawn. Until that moment it appeared to be a clear sprint to Optimus and the soldiers.
- what was bee doing from that point until he turned up later to protect sam
The fact he's clearly trying to stay hidden indicates he was sneaking.
- why did simmons need to climb the pyramid to say fire on my co-ordinates. surely the great pyramids of giza's co-ordinates would be pretty well known
Did you read my second post? For Simmons it's something his character would do. The guy's insane, remember? I thought two movies established this.
- why didnt they destroy the sun eater as opposed to devestator. The rason being egypt wouldn tlike it. They just entered egypt without permission, there was already a diplomatic incident in place.
You don't know how railguns work. Prototypes used in testing right now require complete barrel realignment after a single shot, a process that takes hours. Considering the Sun Harvester was still burried mostly, Devestator was the obvious threat. Also I'm not sure you understand the political fallout of destroying a histoic landmark without permission, especially with the Egyptians and the Pyramids.
- how did the population of mission city/la all get MIB mind zapped in order for the TF's to be a secret. likewise the citizens in Shanghai
As demonstrated, money talks or in this case prevents talking. Sam's parents would basically get anything they wanted to keep quiet, so it's not outside the realm of possibility that the US government paid the entire city to keep their mouths shut. Though it's clearly becoming a problem considering how Galloway reacted.