Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-27, AM-28, AM-29

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-27, AM-28, AM-29

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:41 am

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Rated X wrote:Im very impressed with the G1 cartoon accurate colors on Shockwave, but the micron blows monkey balls.
It's practically the same shade of purple as the Hasbro version. Don't forget that these are photoshops, so there's gonna be some tinting to the image.

Image
Image
Image

Image

Plus, I wouldn't quite call this closer to the G1 cartoon Shockwave than the Hasbro version
Image

Rated X wrote:If they dont throw in the original cannon for good measure, Ill have to use the generations version's cannon.
It would be a waste for them to include the cannon since the already made a Micron that was specifically designed to replace the cannon.


PrymeStriker wrote:
Rated X wrote:If they dont throw in the original cannon for good measure, Ill have to use the generations version's cannon.


Why would they throw in a G1 cannon for a toy in their Prime line?
You mean a WFC/FOC cannon. ;)
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17390
News Credits: 110
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-27, AM-28, AM-29

Postby PrymeStriker » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:13 am

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
Sabrblade wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:Why would they throw in a G1 cannon for a toy in their Prime line?
You mean a WFC/FOC cannon. ;)


No, that's not what I meant. He said "original cannon," so I thought he was referring to a G1-esque cannon.

Image
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5426
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-27, AM-28, AM-29

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:19 am

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
PrymeStriker wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:Why would they throw in a G1 cannon for a toy in their Prime line?
You mean a WFC/FOC cannon. ;)


No, that's not what I meant. He said "original cannon," so I thought he was referring to a G1-esque cannon.
He meant the toy's original cannon, which was the Generations cannon.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17390
News Credits: 110
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-27, AM-28, AM-29

Postby Rated X » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:23 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Let me clarify what I meant:

This version appears to be more of a "blueish purple" that resembles the G1 cartoon. Unlike the Hasbro version (which I own) which is more of a "reddish purple" like the G1 toy. I intend to flip the wings down (or just pop em off) and use this as my classics shockwave. The huge arm cannon (AKA micron) looks ******.

And this is not a TF Prime mold. It is an FOC mold packaged in a Japanese TF Prime box. Whoever made that decision at Takara gets a Nobel Prize. :BANG_HEAD:
Image

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6008
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-27, AM-28, AM-29

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:30 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Rated X wrote:And this is not a TF Prime mold. It is an FOC mold packaged in a Japanese TF Prime box. Whoever made that decision at Takara gets a Nobel Prize. :BANG_HEAD:
True, but the likely reason they went ahead and used it was due to Shockwave's appearance in the cartoon necessitating them to give their market something to stand in for the absence of a proper Prime Shockwave toy.

It's close enough (color, chest, wings, cyclopic head, gun arm, etc.) to use for now in case they don't make a Prime Shockwave toy (it could happen, since they didn't make a new mold toy for Smokescreen, who's been a much bigger character in the show).

Why they aren't giving certain show characters their own molds, however, is baffling.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17390
News Credits: 110
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-27, AM-28, AM-29

Postby RhA » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:45 pm

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
Sabrblade wrote:
Rated X wrote:And this is not a TF Prime mold. It is an FOC mold packaged in a Japanese TF Prime box. Whoever made that decision at Takara gets a Nobel Prize. :BANG_HEAD:
True, but the likely reason they went ahead and used it was due to Shockwave's appearance in the cartoon necessitating them to give their market something to stand in for the absence of a proper Prime Shockwave toy.

It's close enough (color, chest, wings, cyclopic head, gun arm, etc.) to use for now in case they don't make a Prime Shockwave toy (it could happen, since they didn't make a new mold toy for Smokescreen, who's been a much bigger character in the show).

Why they aren't giving certain show characters their own molds, however, is baffling.


FOC is also in the same continuity as Prime, so this is the same guy anyway. Different suit, same psycho.
Image
Latest TF: DOTM Topspin, AOE Galvatron & Generations Gears and Eclipse
User avatar
RhA
Faction Commander
Posts: 4188
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:37 am
Location: The Banana stand
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: 10
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 1

Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-27, AM-28, AM-29

Postby El Duque » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:25 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
These aren't exactly new images, but they are nice and high res! Courtesy of Amazon Japan we have additional images of Takara Tomy's upcoming Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-27 Ultra Magnus with Ulma, AM-28 Leo Prime with L.P., and AM-29 Shockwave with Bido. Enjoy the images mirrored below:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
User avatar
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9913
News Credits: 89
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:57 pm
Location: tornado alley

Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-27, AM-28, AM-29

Postby Doubledealer93 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:26 pm

Motto: "A logical mind is a healthy mind."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
dem tumors on shockwaves wings. awful.
Image

check out my collection thread, updated 2/25/13, and i kinda lost count, i have to count them again....
doubledealer93-s-collection-as-of-2-25-13-t84309.php
i have a blog now! http://dealingofthings.wordpress.com/
My deviant art, loads more pics there--> http://doubledealer93.deviantart.com/
User avatar
Doubledealer93
City Commander
Posts: 3838
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 3:19 pm
Location: Ohio
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 10+
Courage: 5
Firepower: 1
Skill: ???

Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-27, AM-28, AM-29

Postby Flux Convoy » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:56 pm

Motto: "Chaos... is coming!..."
Magnus looks nice and the Overload Micron is a super cool nod to fans. The same for Leo Prime and his Micron. It's freaking Moon! Haha! I won't be getting these but they are probably the best looking AM figures IMO.
:BOT:
Image
User avatar
Flux Convoy
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6534
News Credits: 23
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 5:59 am
Location: Spinning my wheels into the void.
Buy from Flux Convoy on eBay

Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-27, AM-28, AM-29

Postby devilmusprime » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:18 am

does anyone else think that the thundertron/leo prime mold would make an awesome alpha trion? :grin:
devilmusprime
Mini-Con
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 11:50 pm
http://www.youtube.com/user/devilmusprime?feature=" target="_blank" title="Watch devilmusprime on YouTube">Watch devilmusprime on YouTube

Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-27, AM-28, AM-29

Postby nickh » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:41 am

Weapon: Dino-Missiles
does anyone else think that the thundertron/leo prime mold would make an awesome alpha trion? :D


I dunno, Thundertron and Leo Prime look kind of hokey. I think it's the huge claws, translucent blue plastic, and weird thing on his back that makes Thundertron odd.
Image
User avatar
nickh
Mini-Con
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:09 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-27, AM-28, AM-29

Postby Nemesis Destron » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:03 am

Motto: ""So you see evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb!""
Weapon: Dual-Sonic Disrupter Gun
Is there anyone else that finds the Takara UM impressive looking over the Hasbro release? I don't just mean his really awesome AMW either but the over all look and how much bolder he appears over Hasbro's version. :VEHI:
Nemesis Destron
Brainmaster
Posts: 1486
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: OC So-Cal

Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-27, AM-28, AM-29

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:14 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
nickh wrote:
does anyone else think that the thundertron/leo prime mold would make an awesome alpha trion? :D


I dunno, Thundertron and Leo Prime look kind of hokey. I think it's the huge claws, translucent blue plastic, and weird thing on his back that makes Thundertron odd.


O, you don't even know how close to a possible conspiracy you are... :roll:

You see, back in 2000 or so, Alpha Trion was one the possible BotCon exclusive contestants. The organisers tried getting the original BWII Lioconvoy mold from Takara, but that deal went down. So a hand-painted mock-up was made using Beast Machines Snarl instead, also a lion.

Don't you see! They're teasing us! 8-}
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD Grimlock, Hightower and Wedge (Heavy Load acquired)
3) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
4) Arms Micron Terrorcon Bumblebee
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14769
News Credits: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: Delft, the Netherlands; McKinney, Texas, USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-27, AM-28, AM-29

Postby Rated X » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:14 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
RhA wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Rated X wrote:And this is not a TF Prime mold. It is an FOC mold packaged in a Japanese TF Prime box. Whoever made that decision at Takara gets a Nobel Prize. :BANG_HEAD:
True, but the likely reason they went ahead and used it was due to Shockwave's appearance in the cartoon necessitating them to give their market something to stand in for the absence of a proper Prime Shockwave toy.

It's close enough (color, chest, wings, cyclopic head, gun arm, etc.) to use for now in case they don't make a Prime Shockwave toy (it could happen, since they didn't make a new mold toy for Smokescreen, who's been a much bigger character in the show).

Why they aren't giving certain show characters their own molds, however, is baffling.


FOC is also in the same continuity as Prime, so this is the same guy anyway. Different suit, same psycho.



In America there is no link between WFC/FOC and TF Prime. One is a video game and the other is a cartoon. Both have toy lines. TF Prime has a unique toyline, while WFC/FOC has merged into the Generations line. (or in my opinion hijacked the Generations line) Maybe somewhere in the Japanese collectors market, Takara has tried to merge the two and the Asians are buying into it. Sodan-1 mentioned one time that the Asian version of TF Prime has extra clips with Microns, however they are not part of the show. I havent seen these clips yet. Back in America, I just finished watching Season 2 of TF Prime, and there is no Shoockwave. At least not yet. After how they butchered Soundwave, Im scared to see what they will do to Shockwave. Maybe they should just leave him alone. The only thing that's certain is this figure is the closest thing we will ever get to a classics Shockwave from Has/Tak. hopefully, the "other guys" deliver.
Image

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6008
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-27, AM-28, AM-29

Postby devilmusprime » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:21 pm

nickh wrote:
does anyone else think that the thundertron/leo prime mold would make an awesome alpha trion? :D


I dunno, Thundertron and Leo Prime look kind of hokey. I think it's the huge claws, translucent blue plastic, and weird thing on his back that makes Thundertron odd.




true but they have an alpha trion looking face :-?
devilmusprime
Mini-Con
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 11:50 pm
http://www.youtube.com/user/devilmusprime?feature=" target="_blank" title="Watch devilmusprime on YouTube">Watch devilmusprime on YouTube

Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-27, AM-28, AM-29

Postby RAcast » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:23 pm

Motto: "Can't stop, so what! That's how I like it!"
Weapon: Rocket Launcher
Rated X wrote:
RhA wrote:
FOC is also in the same continuity as Prime, so this is the same guy anyway. Different suit, same psycho.



In America there is no link between WFC/FOC and TF Prime. [VERY False] One is a video game and the other is a cartoon. [True] Both have toy lines. [True] TF Prime has a unique toyline, while WFC/FOC has merged into the Generations line. [True] Maybe somewhere in the Japanese collectors market, Takara has tried to merge the two and the Asians are buying into it. [Also VERY False] Sodan-1 mentioned one time that the Asian version of TF Prime has extra clips with Microns, however they are not part of the show. I havent seen these clips yet. [True and true, they're cutsey mascot characters] Back in America, I just finished watching Season 2 of TF Prime, and there is no Shoockwave. [You missed Out of the Past] At least not yet. After how they butchered Soundwave, Im scared to see what they will do to Shockwave. [I like Prime Soundwave, but I respect your opinion] Maybe they should just leave him alone. The only thing that's certain is this figure is the closest thing we will ever get to a classics Shockwave from Has/Tak. hopefully, the "other guys" deliver.


...W-what? I thought we were over this confusion already. xD WfC/FoC and Prime are both in the same continuity. Now, there are some slight inconsistencies between media, but everything right now is Aligned continuity material. This is confirmed. If you REALLY want to make a big deal of the inconsistencies, you can argue that there are multiple time streams within the aligned continuity; where most of the major events are the same but some minor details are skewed between them.

Aligned continuity.

And Shockwave was in the Prime season two episode "Out of the Past."
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Shockwave_%28Prime%29
User avatar
RAcast
Gestalt
Posts: 2821
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:26 pm
Location: USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-27, AM-28, AM-29

Postby RhA » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:47 pm

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
RAcast wrote:
Rated X wrote:
RhA wrote:
FOC is also in the same continuity as Prime, so this is the same guy anyway. Different suit, same psycho.



In America there is no link between WFC/FOC and TF Prime. [VERY False] One is a video game and the other is a cartoon. [True] Both have toy lines. [True] TF Prime has a unique toyline, while WFC/FOC has merged into the Generations line. [True] Maybe somewhere in the Japanese collectors market, Takara has tried to merge the two and the Asians are buying into it. [Also VERY False] Sodan-1 mentioned one time that the Asian version of TF Prime has extra clips with Microns, however they are not part of the show. I havent seen these clips yet. [True and true, they're cutsey mascot characters] Back in America, I just finished watching Season 2 of TF Prime, and there is no Shoockwave. [You missed Out of the Past] At least not yet. After how they butchered Soundwave, Im scared to see what they will do to Shockwave. [I like Prime Soundwave, but I respect your opinion] Maybe they should just leave him alone. The only thing that's certain is this figure is the closest thing we will ever get to a classics Shockwave from Has/Tak. hopefully, the "other guys" deliver.


...W-what? I thought we were over this confusion already. xD WfC/FoC and Prime are both in the same continuity. Now, there are some slight inconsistencies between media, but everything right now is Aligned continuity material. This is confirmed. If you REALLY want to make a big deal of the inconsistencies, you can argue that there are multiple time streams within the aligned continuity; where most of the major events are the same but some minor details are skewed between them.

Aligned continuity.

And Shockwave was in the Prime season two episode "Out of the Past."
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Shockwave_%28Prime%29


:lol: What he said, including the Soundwave part.
Image
Latest TF: DOTM Topspin, AOE Galvatron & Generations Gears and Eclipse
User avatar
RhA
Faction Commander
Posts: 4188
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:37 am
Location: The Banana stand
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: 10
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 1

Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-27, AM-28, AM-29

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:34 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Just how far out of the loop are you, Rated X?

Rated X wrote:In America there is no link between WFC/FOC and TF Prime.
America is where the link originated. Japan never got either video game released over in their market. HASBRO created the link between the games and show. The link was established by Hasbro even before either the games or the cartoon were even created.

Rated X wrote:One is a video game and the other is a cartoon. Both have toy lines. TF Prime has a unique toyline, while WFC/FOC has merged into the Generations line. (or in my opinion hijacked the Generations line)
Just the same as any other multiple franchises that have been in continuity with each other.

To give some examples:
  • Generation 1, Generation 2, Beast Wars, and Beast Machines
  • Armada, Energon, and Cybertron
  • Transformers (2007), Revenge of the Fallen, Transformers (2010), Dark of the Moon
Rated X wrote:Maybe somewhere in the Japanese collectors market, Takara has tried to merge the two and the Asians are buying into it.
Like I said, the games weren't released in Japan.

Rated X wrote:Sodan-1 mentioned one time that the Asian version of TF Prime has extra clips with Microns, however they are not part of the show. I havent seen these clips yet.
I mentioned those to you as well and warned you that someone like you would not find them tasteful, but since you so insist, here! It's after all the Decepticon clips in this video, starting at 3:20.


Rated X wrote:Back in America, I just finished watching Season 2 of TF Prime, and there is no Shoockwave. At least not yet. After how they butchered Soundwave, Im scared to see what they will do to Shockwave. Maybe they should just leave him alone. The only thing that's certain is this figure is the closest thing we will ever get to a classics Shockwave from Has/Tak. hopefully, the "other guys" deliver.
Guess that means you missed episode 43, "Out of the Past".


BTW, the season 2 finale was episode 52.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17390
News Credits: 110
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-27, AM-28, AM-29

Postby KNM2012 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:48 pm

Rated X wrote:In America there is no link between WFC/FOC and TF Prime. One is a video game and the other is a cartoon. Both have toy lines.


According to Hasbro, all three series are interconnected by the Aligned continuity. Namely everything from Fall of Cybertron to Prime is interconnected, according to Hasbro. So yes - Hasbro says that there is a connection between the three series.

Rated X wrote:TF Prime has a unique toyline, while WFC/FOC has merged into the Generations line. (or in my opinion hijacked the Generations line) Maybe somewhere in the Japanese collectors market, Takara has tried to merge the two and the Asians are buying into it.


However, Takara Tomy has made it clear that they are not following Hasbro's "binder of revelation" when they started UNITED, PRIME: Arms Micron, and their incarnation of Generations 2. So anything that they receive is based on what they want, not what Hasbro chose to make. So when it comes to them, they will do what it takes to make their lines be different than what Hasbro gives us.

Rated X wrote:Sodan-1 mentioned one time that the Asian version of TF Prime has extra clips with Microns, however they are not part of the show. I havent seen these clips yet.


Japan. And they are clips shown after every episode and tie the events shown to what happened in the episode. Atop of that, they also have a game tied to their version of PRIME, which also includes the Arms Microns. The animation for these are honestly not worth mentioning, but fit since they also have rewritten the scripting (and personalities for some of the characters).

Rated X wrote:Back in America, I just finished watching Season 2 of TF Prime, and there is no Shoockwave. At least not yet. After how they butchered Soundwave, Im scared to see what they will do to Shockwave. Maybe they should just leave him alone. The only thing that's certain is this figure is the closest thing we will ever get to a classics Shockwave from Has/Tak. hopefully, the "other guys" deliver.


Ummmm... Yeah. >:oP Shockwave was a major player in Arcee's flashback episode, as in the season 2 episode that has her first meet Cliffjumper and the two make their way off of Cybertron. He also appears in the Dinobot-based PRIME comic tie-in. And I do not think that Hasbro butchered him or Soundwave. But I do wonder what Takara Tomy was thinking when they made Airachnid sound bit too "boy crazy." :lol:
MY TRANSFORMERS FANDOM: 1984-2013
User avatar
KNM2012
Targetmaster
Posts: 688
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:03 pm
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-27, AM-28, AM-29

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:58 pm

Motto: "Keep calm and form Voltron"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Ok, do we really need three people doing a point by point rebuttal of one post with nearly the exact same answers? Didn't think so, lets move back to discussing the figures.
william-james88 wrote:I am just glad the conversation has changed from just being about the butt flap


Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
User avatar
LOST Cybertronian
News Staff
Posts: 3533
News Credits: 21
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:23 pm
Location: Wichita, KS
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-27, AM-28, AM-29

Postby KNM2012 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:48 pm

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Ok, do we really need three people doing a point by point rebuttal of one post with nearly the exact same answers? Didn't think so, lets move back to discussing the figures.


Why yes. Yes we do. Because that is why Al Gore created the internet. ;)

And besides, this does answer why Takara Tomy did not place Shockwave in their FoC line. Plus, it now draws the line that has me wonder if they plan to do the same with Grimlock. :-?
MY TRANSFORMERS FANDOM: 1984-2013
User avatar
KNM2012
Targetmaster
Posts: 688
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:03 pm
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-27, AM-28, AM-29

Postby PrymeStriker » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:51 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:Plus, it now draws the line that has me wonder if they plan to do the same with Grimlock. :-?


If Grimlock shows up in Prime.
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5426
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-27, AM-28, AM-29

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:54 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:
LOST Cybertronian wrote:Ok, do we really need three people doing a point by point rebuttal of one post with nearly the exact same answers? Didn't think so, lets move back to discussing the figures.


Why yes. Yes we do. Because that is why Al Gore created the internet. ;)
*fistbump* ;)^

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:And besides, this does answer why Takara Tomy did not place Shockwave in their FoC line. Plus, it now draws the line that has me wonder if they plan to do the same with Grimlock. :-?
Unless they trow us a curveball and sudden reveal a full blown Prime Grimlock toy. ;)

It's possible, since there was one more Prime Beast Hunters Voyager teased at NYCC but kept secret from us. ;)
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17390
News Credits: 110
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-27, AM-28, AM-29

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:55 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
PrymeStriker wrote:
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:Plus, it now draws the line that has me wonder if they plan to do the same with Grimlock. :-?


If Grimlock shows up in Prime.
True. Depending on that, too.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17390
News Credits: 110
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-27, AM-28, AM-29

Postby KNM2012 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:33 pm

PrymeStriker wrote:
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:Plus, it now draws the line that has me wonder if they plan to do the same with Grimlock. :-?


If Grimlock shows up in Prime.


He did appear in the IDW comic adaption. But that was Hasbro's decision. ;) But with TOMY, it appears that they have their own fiction and may just toss him in. I doubt it myself, but it does make me wonder. :lol:
MY TRANSFORMERS FANDOM: 1984-2013
User avatar
KNM2012
Targetmaster
Posts: 688
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:03 pm
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #103 - Road Trip
Twincast / Podcast #103:
"Road Trip"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 19th, 2014