Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Official Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Official Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Discussion Thread

Postby Primeultimus » Fri May 02, 2014 9:54 am

Motto: "All Your Protos Are Belong To Us!"
Weapon: Electro-Disruptor
Jetfire Leader Class Generations Official Boxed picture!

From Transformers Colombia Facebook Page!


https://www.facebook.com/groups/17611371999/

Image
Image
Image
Primeultimus
Targetmaster
Posts: 623
News Credits: 52
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:05 am
Location: Tampa
Watch Primeultimus on YouTube
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Official Images Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Leader Jetfire

Postby Va'al » Fri May 02, 2014 10:02 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
The by-now famous Transformers Colombia Facebook fan page reveals yet another Transformers update - and it's time to dive back into the Generations Thrilling 30 line, with our first look at the official packaging images of Leader Class Jetfire! We had seen official images at Toy Fair 2014, but not this particular one: check it out below, and browse through the Seibertron.com gallery from Toy Fair too see this figure out of the box, too!

Image

Image

Image
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!


Image
Avatar image by sabrigami
User avatar
Va'al
News Admin
Posts: 6742
News Credits: 65
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: UK, Italy, The Netherlands
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: Official Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Discussion Thread

Postby Mindmaster » Fri May 02, 2014 10:10 am

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Dat box art. =P~

I just hope he's nice and big, and not the undersized shenanigans that Age of Extinction seems to be suffering from.
Image
Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

craggy wrote:When Hero Mashers are the nicest looking toys in a news post, you know something's wrong.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.

In case of really bad and/or corny puns made by Va'al, click and hit play.
User avatar
Mindmaster
News Staff
Posts: 5617
News Credits: 21
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Official Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Discussion Thread

Postby Seibertron » Fri May 02, 2014 10:21 am

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Just an FYI ... Skrapnel with Reflector, Tailgate with Groundpounder and Leader Class Jetfire have all been added to the sightings section at http://www.seibertron.com/sightings/ind ... rations127

Please let me know if you guys find something that needs to be added!
Image

Current Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, and more!
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23385
News Credits: 759
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: Official Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Discussion Thread

Postby reluctantyouth » Fri May 02, 2014 10:24 am

The hollow thighs and arms are a major bummer but what can you do? :-( We all knew what the figure was going to look like. I too hope that the leader class figure is taller than what we are getting with AOE. I still want this figure very very badly. =P~

~reluctantyouth~ :BOT:
reluctantyouth
Minibot
Posts: 174
News Credits: 14
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:36 pm

Re: Official Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Fri May 02, 2014 10:37 am

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
=P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17082
News Credits: 109
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Official Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Discussion Thread

Postby Talon523 » Fri May 02, 2014 10:43 am

Does anyone know how this will compare to the MP line? Will it be taller than Optimus?
Talon523
Minibot
Posts: 193
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:54 pm

Re: Official Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Discussion Thread

Postby Mindmaster » Fri May 02, 2014 10:49 am

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Talon523 wrote:Does anyone know how this will compare to the MP line? Will it be taller than Optimus?


More or less the same height.
Image
Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

craggy wrote:When Hero Mashers are the nicest looking toys in a news post, you know something's wrong.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.

In case of really bad and/or corny puns made by Va'al, click and hit play.
User avatar
Mindmaster
News Staff
Posts: 5617
News Credits: 21
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Official Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Discussion Thread

Postby Flux Convoy » Fri May 02, 2014 10:50 am

Motto: "Chaos... is coming!..."
Sticking with that nasty red chrome. Bleh. I'll wait to see what my options are.
:BOT:
Image
User avatar
Flux Convoy
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6531
News Credits: 23
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 5:59 am
Location: Spinning my wheels into the void.
Buy from Flux Convoy on eBay

Re: Official Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Discussion Thread

Postby TheVenocWarlord » Fri May 02, 2014 10:54 am

Weapon: Saber Blade
Dang, now I've got to get this guy. I wasn't going to before, but he just looks sweet.
TheVenocWarlord
Mini-Con
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat May 21, 2011 5:44 pm
Location: Caneyville, KY (Near Leitchfield, KY)

Re: Official Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Discussion Thread

Postby rpetras » Fri May 02, 2014 10:54 am

Motto: "Know your enemy, then crush them."
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
The leg guns that point at his armpits are stupid.

Other than that, I'm all for this guy!
For Sale:
Classics Magnus/Skywarp 2 pack MIB
Classics Devastator MIP
HA Sideswipe K-Mart exclusive color Loose

Currently looking for:
ROTF Target exclusive Sideswipe from the 2-pack
TFCC Punch/Counterpunch
Alternity Primes, silver & white versions
(opened is OK, to be used for customs)

PM If interested
User avatar
rpetras
City Commander
Posts: 3223
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:28 pm
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Rank: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Re: Official Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Discussion Thread

Postby RiddlerJ » Fri May 02, 2014 12:07 pm

While he looks alright, we've already revisited Jetfire a few times, including a pretty good Classics version. I really would rather they produce new figures for characters that still haven't be seen since their heyday.
User avatar
RiddlerJ
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 848
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:29 pm

Re: Official Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Discussion Thread

Postby ScottyP » Fri May 02, 2014 12:36 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
RiddlerJ wrote:While he looks alright, we've already revisited Jetfire a few times, including a pretty good Classics version. I really would rather they produce new figures for characters that still haven't be seen since their heyday.


I'd rather see characters that haven't gotten the Classics treatment as well, but it has been 8 years since the first Classics Jetfire was released. That's a pretty long time, so it's cool that newer collectors will get a shot at the character without having to go through the secondary market.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast.
Every once in a blue moon I write stuff about things on my blog.
I have a lot of Transformers, check them out on my shmax.com page.
Looking for Micromaster Spinner, rare Minicons and Star Saber's Rifle. PM me if you have these for sale!
User avatar
ScottyP
Brainmaster
Posts: 1407
News Credits: 38
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 3:42 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Re: Official Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Discussion Thread

Postby griftimus prime » Fri May 02, 2014 12:39 pm

Motto: "you will have no freedom. whether you are sentient or not."
Weapon: 16 Cannons
COLLECTORS ITEM
User avatar
griftimus prime
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 941
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:09 am
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Re: Official Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Discussion Thread

Postby Rated X » Fri May 02, 2014 12:46 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Thrilling huh ? Im not thrilled with that pour of scale macross jet. They should have gone with the much loved cybertronian cargo jet and let the robotech crap die for good.
Image

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5875
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: Official Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Discussion Thread

Postby Mindmaster » Fri May 02, 2014 1:20 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Rated X wrote:Thrilling huh ? Im not thrilled with that pour of scale macross jet. They should have gone with the much loved cybertronian cargo jet and let the robotech crap die for good.


Yeah, let's not celebrate how the Transformers came to be. Great idea! [sarcasm]

A comment like that is like saying "Diaclone is stupid, it should have never happened, just let it go". I don't mean to step on your shoes, but I don't think you understand the gravitas of this. Without Diaclone and Macross, Transformers wouldn't even be here. Hasbro and Takara know this and acknowledge this by releasing figures such as Whirl and the upcoming Roadbuster.

I dunno, I guess I'm letting my values take over here, but let me say this: just be grateful for what it is. It's a figure of a fan-loved character, it's in-scale with a good number of Classics-themed characters, it's got chrome, it's got a faceplate that's an homage to his Macross heritage... just freaking get over it and appreciate what they're doing! :BANG_HEAD:
Image
Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

craggy wrote:When Hero Mashers are the nicest looking toys in a news post, you know something's wrong.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.

In case of really bad and/or corny puns made by Va'al, click and hit play.
User avatar
Mindmaster
News Staff
Posts: 5617
News Credits: 21
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Official Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Discussion Thread

Postby GuyIncognito » Fri May 02, 2014 1:31 pm

The should go with Movie-verse designs and let that G1 crap die for good.

8-} ;)

Looks like a great figure/toy to me!
User avatar
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
Posts: 4668
News Credits: 12
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:06 am
Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Re: Official Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Discussion Thread

Postby EMP Starscream » Fri May 02, 2014 1:48 pm

What a glorious jet mode. =P~
EMP Starscream
Mini-Con
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:42 pm

Re: Official Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Discussion Thread

Postby RiddlerJ » Fri May 02, 2014 2:06 pm

And for the repaint, I nominate...G2 Hooligan.

Though a honking orange plane in that size might be a problem.

Maybe Timelines Ricochet. Or Flattop, minus his aircraft carrier.
User avatar
RiddlerJ
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 848
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:29 pm

Re: Official Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Discussion Thread

Postby Doctor McGrath » Fri May 02, 2014 2:17 pm

Motto: "This is quick but not quite painless.."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
ScottyP wrote:
RiddlerJ wrote:While he looks alright, we've already revisited Jetfire a few times, including a pretty good Classics version. I really would rather they produce new figures for characters that still haven't be seen since their heyday.


I'd rather see characters that haven't gotten the Classics treatment as well, but it has been 8 years since the first Classics Jetfire was released. That's a pretty long time, so it's cool that newer collectors will get a shot at the character without having to go through the secondary market.


That's a good way to look at it. I don't hate Classics Jetfire near as much as some people do but I'm still planning to pick this up. I would like to get a look at Takara's offering first, though.
Image
El Duque wrote:Quite a firestorm I started here :michaelbay:
User avatar
Doctor McGrath
Gestalt
Posts: 2513
News Credits: 4
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:03 am
Buy from Doctor McGrath on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: Official Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Discussion Thread

Postby OptimalOptimus2 » Fri May 02, 2014 2:43 pm

Motto: "Execution of all life is not the road to conquest."
Weapon: Oxidating Laser
This toy is like a 5.6. I love the jet mode, but not so much the robot mode. One, Jetfire has skinny legs. And two, it doesn't look exactly like the Jetfire/Skyfire I've known 30 years ago. Well - miracles don't happen often. #-o
User avatar
OptimalOptimus2
Combiner
Posts: 425
News Credits: 10
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:49 pm
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Re: Official Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Discussion Thread

Postby Midnight_Fox » Fri May 02, 2014 2:57 pm

Motto: "The Midnight Fox comes in the night,
always in shadow, never in sight."
Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:, it doesn't look exactly like the Jetfire/Skyfire I've known 30 years ago.


Perhaps not, but he DOES look exactly like an up-gunned version of the Jetfire that's piloting the Ark-7 in RiD #28. No surprise really, considering how Thrilling 30 is pretty much IDW: the Toyline.
User avatar
Midnight_Fox
Godmaster
Posts: 1671
News Credits: 4
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:26 pm
Location: Prattville, AL
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Re: Official Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Discussion Thread

Postby Va'al » Fri May 02, 2014 3:01 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Midnight_Fox wrote:
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:, it doesn't look exactly like the Jetfire/Skyfire I've known 30 years ago.


Perhaps not, but he DOES look exactly like an up-gunned version of the Jetfire that's piloting the Ark-7 in RiD #28. No surprise really, considering how Thrilling 30 is pretty much IDW: the Toyline.


Indeed. Oh, look, the cover for July's issue of RID! ;)

Image
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!


Image
Avatar image by sabrigami
User avatar
Va'al
News Admin
Posts: 6742
News Credits: 65
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: UK, Italy, The Netherlands
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: Official Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Discussion Thread

Postby Metro Prime » Fri May 02, 2014 3:02 pm

Motto: ""Imitation is the right of all sentient beings.""
Weapon: Ion Particle Blaster
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:This toy is like a 5.6. I love the jet mode, but not so much the robot mode. One, Jetfire has skinny legs. And two, it doesn't look exactly like the Jetfire/Skyfire I've known 30 years ago. Well - miracles don't happen often. #-o

...I am 75% sure you are trolling. We get a Masterpiece-scaled Skyfire/Jetfire, and you're complaining. Plus, the new toy is essentially the old G1 character model, just with more greebles and with different vehicle kibble.
Image
User avatar
Metro Prime
Fuzor
Posts: 247
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:34 pm
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: Official Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Fri May 02, 2014 3:18 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Metro Prime wrote:
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:This toy is like a 5.6. I love the jet mode, but not so much the robot mode. One, Jetfire has skinny legs. And two, it doesn't look exactly like the Jetfire/Skyfire I've known 30 years ago. Well - miracles don't happen often. #-o

...I am 75% sure you are trolling. We get a Masterpiece-scaled Skyfire/Jetfire, and you're complaining. Plus, the new toy is essentially the old G1 character model, just with more greebles and with different vehicle kibble.
Technically, a Masterpiece-scaled Jetfire/Skyfire would be much bigger than this, since G1 Cartoon Skyfire was huge.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17082
News Credits: 109
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #101 - Talkin' 'Bout My Generations
Twincast / Podcast #101:
"Talkin' 'Bout My Generations"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, September 21st, 2014