Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Optibotimus Reviews: Transformers Prime (RiD) Deluxe Class; Arcee

Post your reviews of Transformers toys in this topic. Please keep each topic dedicated to one specific toy (i.e. DOTM Deluxe Class Optimus Prime"). Videos can be posted in a topic as well as text reviews and images.

Optibotimus Reviews: Transformers Prime (RiD) Deluxe Class; Arcee

Postby optibotimus » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:42 pm

Enjoy guys!!

check out my video reviews @ http://www.youtube.com/optibotimus
optibotimus
Vehicon
Posts: 356
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:35 pm

Re: Optibotimus Reviews: Transformers Prime (RiD) Deluxe Class; Arcee

Postby El Duque » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:17 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Seibertron.com member optibotimus has posted his video review of Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Deluxe Class Arcee. See his thoughts on the figure in the embedded video below.

User avatar
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9913
News Credits: 89
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:57 pm
Location: tornado alley

Re: Optibotimus Reviews: Transformers Prime (RiD) Deluxe Class; Arcee

Postby PrymeStriker » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:11 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
I'm buying this thing. It's better scale and looks more articulated. Only two problems:
*The paint slightly bugs me
*The backpack

And that Ion Blaster is totally going to Prime.
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5440
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Optibotimus Reviews: Transformers Prime (RiD) Deluxe Class; Arcee

Postby TFIta369 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:18 pm

Motto: "What´s done can´t be undone"
Weapon: Pulse Missle Cannons
Her face is great! :D
Hey, has anyone got an "ugh" answer on your comments by Optibotimus? That really bums me cause you´re this guy´s fan, follower, etc. he asks for support and subs and stuff and then he tells you off in your innocent comment? :-x Or a "talk to the hand" =; [-( response? Not trying to start a war or anything but I just wanted to get this off of my chest :-( That´s the only thing I don´t like about Optibotimus #-o
Crashdown was here.
TFIta369
Mini-Con
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:04 pm
Location: Tyger Pax, Cybertron
Watch TFIta369 on YouTube
Buy from TFIta369 on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 8
Endurance: 9
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Re: Optibotimus Reviews: Transformers Prime (RiD) Deluxe Class; Arcee

Postby WolfDawg » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:35 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
TFIta369 wrote:Her face is great! :D
Hey, has anyone got an "ugh" answer on your comments by Optibotimus? That really bums me cause you´re this guy´s fan, follower, etc. he asks for support and subs and stuff and then he tells you off in your innocent comment? :-x Or a "talk to the hand" =; [-( response? Not trying to start a war or anything but I just wanted to get this off of my chest :-( That´s the only thing I don´t like about Optibotimus #-o


Optibotimus kind of reminds me of Kanye West. He's REALLY good at what he does, but he's just a total arrogant ass. Similarly, I love watching Optibotimus's reviews because he really shows off articulation, gives great comparisons, and nails the transformations (forwards and reversed) every time. As a person, however, he's a dick.

Also, to stay on topic about the toy, I really don't care for the backpack. I could live with the color (which is a pretty nice shade of blue in its own right). But that huge ass backpack just kills it for me. I'll stick to my FE Arcee. Sure she's a bit too tall, but I've come to accept that my Prime collection won't be perfectly in scale.
User avatar
WolfDawg
Brainmaster
Posts: 1373
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:33 pm
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 1
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: Optibotimus Reviews: Transformers Prime (RiD) Deluxe Class; Arcee

Postby optibotimus » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:40 pm

Gyrotron wrote:I'm buying this thing. It's better scale and looks more articulated. Only two problems:
*The paint slightly bugs me
*The backpack

And that Ion Blaster is totally going to Prime.


Sadly, the blaster won't fit exactly in Optimus Prime. He can hold it...but the handle that is kinda hidden, to make it look like it's coming out of their arm, won't work with Optimus' hand :( Sorry
check out my video reviews @ http://www.youtube.com/optibotimus
optibotimus
Vehicon
Posts: 356
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:35 pm

Re: Optibotimus Reviews: Transformers Prime (RiD) Deluxe Class; Arcee

Postby optibotimus » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:42 pm

TFIta369 wrote:Her face is great! :D
Hey, has anyone got an "ugh" answer on your comments by Optibotimus? That really bums me cause you´re this guy´s fan, follower, etc. he asks for support and subs and stuff and then he tells you off in your innocent comment? :-x Or a "talk to the hand" =; [-( response? Not trying to start a war or anything but I just wanted to get this off of my chest :-( That´s the only thing I don´t like about Optibotimus #-o


First off, i don't ask anyone to support me, subscribe to me or anything else like that. People do that of their own free will. I'm grateful of the support, but i don't exactly ask for it as you suggest.

I'm not saying you're starting a war, but i hope you realize i'll defend myself. Now, if you could be more specific with what comment it was you posted that i gave that impression...i can address my reaction to it more specifically.
check out my video reviews @ http://www.youtube.com/optibotimus
optibotimus
Vehicon
Posts: 356
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:35 pm

Re: Optibotimus Reviews: Transformers Prime (RiD) Deluxe Class; Arcee

Postby optibotimus » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:47 pm

WolfDawg wrote:
TFIta369 wrote:Her face is great! :D
Hey, has anyone got an "ugh" answer on your comments by Optibotimus? That really bums me cause you´re this guy´s fan, follower, etc. he asks for support and subs and stuff and then he tells you off in your innocent comment? :-x Or a "talk to the hand" =; [-( response? Not trying to start a war or anything but I just wanted to get this off of my chest :-( That´s the only thing I don´t like about Optibotimus #-o


Optibotimus kind of reminds me of Kanye West. He's REALLY good at what he does, but he's just a total arrogant ass. Similarly, I love watching Optibotimus's reviews because he really shows off articulation, gives great comparisons, and nails the transformations (forwards and reversed) every time. As a person, however, he's a dick.

Also, to stay on topic about the toy, I really don't care for the backpack. I could live with the color (which is a pretty nice shade of blue in its own right). But that huge ass backpack just kills it for me. I'll stick to my FE Arcee. Sure she's a bit too tall, but I've come to accept that my Prime collection won't be perfectly in scale.


I do have to kinda laugh at the Kanye West comparison, but i do thank you for saying i'm good at what i do. But i'm sorry, you do NOT know me in person. So saying i'm an arrogant ass or a dick, as a matter of fact...as if you do know me in person, isn't something you should do. I do fully admit i have a level of arrogance. But the fact is, i get asked the same things time and time again. Most of the time, and i mean most of the time...i'm generally pretty nice with my replies. That being said, i'm one of the few "big" reviewers that takes a lot of time to interact with his "fans" and replies to their comments. Not to drag other people into this, but compare the number of times i reply to comments in my videos with the number of times Sean Long or Peaugh does. I do concede the fact that i have a short fuse with things. But i live by the rules that if you ask a stupid question, expect a stupid answer.

All that being said, if i've ever offended anyone, i apologize. And i do greatly appreciate your compliment about my work. I'm very happy you enjoy watching my stuff for the reasons you listed as those are the reasons why i pride myself on the stuff i do put out.

Hope that clears things up.
check out my video reviews @ http://www.youtube.com/optibotimus
optibotimus
Vehicon
Posts: 356
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:35 pm

Re: Optibotimus Reviews: Transformers Prime (RiD) Deluxe Class; Arcee

Postby Starscream GaGa » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:50 pm

Motto: ""I'm a free Decepti-bitch, baby!""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
I wonder if that big gun will show up in the series, considerign there's artwork of her with it...

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Image:Tf_mag_9_2012.jpg

I like her much better than the FE and am glad I waited until I saw this one before buying. Alongside buying Bumblebee, Starscream, Optimus and Bulkhead on eBay and getting the Takara Terrorcon Cliffjumper, I'm feeling like the cancellation of FE didn't burn me much.
Starscream GaGa
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 504
News Credits: 1
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:16 am
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 4
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Re: Optibotimus Reviews: Transformers Prime (RiD) Deluxe Class; Arcee

Postby crazyjeffy » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:07 pm

Motto: "You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing. Be Geek, be proud."
Weapon: Arc-Welders
Optibotimus might come off as a dick (even though he's probably not) but there's a reason there's the saying "You can't please all of the people all of the time". We should be grateful of their reviews. Sure some have traits that others don't like, i.e. Optibotimus' "arrogance" or peaugh's kamen rider stuff, but they decide how they do their reviews.

That being said, this review was definitely the decider for me. I was iffy on it because of the back kibble, but the whole scale/transformation/arm movement sold it.
Image
Courtesy of the great Godzillabot Primal
User avatar
crazyjeffy
Fuzor
Posts: 245
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:44 pm
Location: Sussex, NJ
Watch crazyjeffy on YouTube
Buy from crazyjeffy on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 5
Rank: 7
Courage: 4
Firepower: 5
Skill: 5

Re: Optibotimus Reviews: Transformers Prime (RiD) Deluxe Class; Arcee

Postby Stumpybot » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:18 pm

Motto: "If you dont say what you mean, you can never mean what you say"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
i dont care if the first words of all his reviews are 'you can all go f*** youselves'.

Optibotimus is a great reviewer and one of only 3 reviewers (Peaugh and Vangelus being the others) i pay any attention to online. Starting off the thread by making comments attacking the guy is just childish. I read some of the stupid questions people post on youtube and quite honestly, id probably have less patience than the majority of reviewers. Like he said, you dont know him so dont be a judgemental dick.

Thank you sir for making the effort, and im highly jealous of you getting your hands on this. Like seriously jealous. I know it will be on release in a few weeks, but damn i want her to go with my FE and NYCC Arcee (i keep my PRID, FE and NYCC Bumblebee together too)

Great review, highlighted a lot of the questions and points that i was asking myself about the figure. I didnt realise how ugly the storage of the wheel is, but im expecting thats a compromise in order to create what is supposed to be a sturdy action figure. I'll take a chunk of backpack kibble if it means we have a representation that is tougher. Lets not forget FE Arcee stores her wheel on her back and has the handlebars and windshield sticking up over her shoulders, that aint pretty either

Overall im even more sold on this thing than i was 20 minutes ago
User avatar
Stumpybot
Minibot
Posts: 154
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:34 pm
Buy from Stumpybot on eBay
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 3
Endurance: 7
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Re: Optibotimus Reviews: Transformers Prime (RiD) Deluxe Class; Arcee

Postby WolfDawg » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:40 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
optibotimus wrote:
WolfDawg wrote:
TFIta369 wrote:Her face is great! :D
Hey, has anyone got an "ugh" answer on your comments by Optibotimus? That really bums me cause you´re this guy´s fan, follower, etc. he asks for support and subs and stuff and then he tells you off in your innocent comment? :-x Or a "talk to the hand" =; [-( response? Not trying to start a war or anything but I just wanted to get this off of my chest :-( That´s the only thing I don´t like about Optibotimus #-o


Optibotimus kind of reminds me of Kanye West. He's REALLY good at what he does, but he's just a total arrogant ass. Similarly, I love watching Optibotimus's reviews because he really shows off articulation, gives great comparisons, and nails the transformations (forwards and reversed) every time. As a person, however, he's a dick.

Also, to stay on topic about the toy, I really don't care for the backpack. I could live with the color (which is a pretty nice shade of blue in its own right). But that huge ass backpack just kills it for me. I'll stick to my FE Arcee. Sure she's a bit too tall, but I've come to accept that my Prime collection won't be perfectly in scale.


I do have to kinda laugh at the Kanye West comparison, but i do thank you for saying i'm good at what i do. But i'm sorry, you do NOT know me in person. So saying i'm an arrogant ass or a dick, as a matter of fact...as if you do know me in person, isn't something you should do. I do fully admit i have a level of arrogance. But the fact is, i get asked the same things time and time again. Most of the time, and i mean most of the time...i'm generally pretty nice with my replies. That being said, i'm one of the few "big" reviewers that takes a lot of time to interact with his "fans" and replies to their comments. Not to drag other people into this, but compare the number of times i reply to comments in my videos with the number of times Sean Long or Peaugh does. I do concede the fact that i have a short fuse with things. But i live by the rules that if you ask a stupid question, expect a stupid answer.

All that being said, if i've ever offended anyone, i apologize. And i do greatly appreciate your compliment about my work. I'm very happy you enjoy watching my stuff for the reasons you listed as those are the reasons why i pride myself on the stuff i do put out.

Hope that clears things up.


Actually, that does clear a lot of things up. I understand the frustration of being asked the same things over and over (I'm a teacher). Some people have the patience for it, others don't. Nothing wrong with that, and I apologize for misconstruing your intentions.

That being said, I never claimed to know you as a person. I know you regarding your craft (making TF Reviews). Sometimes you have a crabby attitude towards A LOT of your viewers, so I'm basing my opinion on how you handle your craft. By the same token, if some of my students' parents said I had a bad attitude regarding how I handle my students' questions, I wouldn't run off about how they don't know me in person. They DO know me by the craft, and if I carry myself in such a manner regarding my craft, I have to be expected to be judged as such.

All things consider, though, you are an excellent reviewer. Whenever I can't get my Transformers back into Alt mode, I can rest assured that your videos will help (which is more times than I care to admit! Lol). Though I understand why you respond the way you do to many of your viewers, I can't condone it. Still, keep up the kick ass reviews.
User avatar
WolfDawg
Brainmaster
Posts: 1373
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:33 pm
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 1
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: Optibotimus Reviews: Transformers Prime (RiD) Deluxe Class; Arcee

Postby optibotimus » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:54 pm

crazyjeffy wrote:Optibotimus might come off as a dick (even though he's probably not) but there's a reason there's the saying "You can't please all of the people all of the time". We should be grateful of their reviews. Sure some have traits that others don't like, i.e. Optibotimus' "arrogance" or peaugh's kamen rider stuff, but they decide how they do their reviews.

That being said, this review was definitely the decider for me. I was iffy on it because of the back kibble, but the whole scale/transformation/arm movement sold it.


LOL thank you for that. I don't think anyone should be grateful for what i do...i'm glad it's appreciated and i always said if it wasn't appreciated and people stopped watching, i'd stop doing them. I fully understand i'm "here" because of the people watching me. That being said, i've been called a dick and arrogant may times. One time in particular, someone actually that i've become real life friends with, thought i was that way. He lives in L.A. and we hung out and his opinion of me changed once he hung out with me in person. Or maybe the fact i bought him a 2011 Botcon...i'll let you decide lol
check out my video reviews @ http://www.youtube.com/optibotimus
optibotimus
Vehicon
Posts: 356
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:35 pm

Re: Optibotimus Reviews: Transformers Prime (RiD) Deluxe Class; Arcee

Postby optibotimus » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:34 pm

WolfDawg wrote:
optibotimus wrote:
WolfDawg wrote:
TFIta369 wrote:Her face is great! :D
Hey, has anyone got an "ugh" answer on your comments by Optibotimus? That really bums me cause you´re this guy´s fan, follower, etc. he asks for support and subs and stuff and then he tells you off in your innocent comment? :-x Or a "talk to the hand" =; [-( response? Not trying to start a war or anything but I just wanted to get this off of my chest :-( That´s the only thing I don´t like about Optibotimus #-o


Optibotimus kind of reminds me of Kanye West. He's REALLY good at what he does, but he's just a total arrogant ass. Similarly, I love watching Optibotimus's reviews because he really shows off articulation, gives great comparisons, and nails the transformations (forwards and reversed) every time. As a person, however, he's a dick.

Also, to stay on topic about the toy, I really don't care for the backpack. I could live with the color (which is a pretty nice shade of blue in its own right). But that huge ass backpack just kills it for me. I'll stick to my FE Arcee. Sure she's a bit too tall, but I've come to accept that my Prime collection won't be perfectly in scale.


I do have to kinda laugh at the Kanye West comparison, but i do thank you for saying i'm good at what i do. But i'm sorry, you do NOT know me in person. So saying i'm an arrogant ass or a dick, as a matter of fact...as if you do know me in person, isn't something you should do. I do fully admit i have a level of arrogance. But the fact is, i get asked the same things time and time again. Most of the time, and i mean most of the time...i'm generally pretty nice with my replies. That being said, i'm one of the few "big" reviewers that takes a lot of time to interact with his "fans" and replies to their comments. Not to drag other people into this, but compare the number of times i reply to comments in my videos with the number of times Sean Long or Peaugh does. I do concede the fact that i have a short fuse with things. But i live by the rules that if you ask a stupid question, expect a stupid answer.

All that being said, if i've ever offended anyone, i apologize. And i do greatly appreciate your compliment about my work. I'm very happy you enjoy watching my stuff for the reasons you listed as those are the reasons why i pride myself on the stuff i do put out.

Hope that clears things up.


Actually, that does clear a lot of things up. I understand the frustration of being asked the same things over and over (I'm a teacher). Some people have the patience for it, others don't. Nothing wrong with that, and I apologize for misconstruing your intentions.

That being said, I never claimed to know you as a person. I know you regarding your craft (making TF Reviews). Sometimes you have a crabby attitude towards A LOT of your viewers, so I'm basing my opinion on how you handle your craft. By the same token, if some of my students' parents said I had a bad attitude regarding how I handle my students' questions, I wouldn't run off about how they don't know me in person. They DO know me by the craft, and if I carry myself in such a manner regarding my craft, I have to be expected to be judged as such.

All things consider, though, you are an excellent reviewer. Whenever I can't get my Transformers back into Alt mode, I can rest assured that your videos will help (which is more times than I care to admit! Lol). Though I understand why you respond the way you do to many of your viewers, I can't condone it. Still, keep up the kick ass reviews.


You did say that "as a person, i'm a dick", that would insinuate that you know me as a person. What you do say has a lot of validity to it. Except i would disagree entirely with you on how you see view my attitude towards "a lot" of my viewers. You being a teacher, i can understand and appreciate what you go through. My wife too is a teacher. She's gotten parents that tell her that she's a bad teacher because of how she "treats" their child. Without knowing exactly how that child really does behave in her class. You, me and her have that in common...that we deal with a lot of younger people (presuming you don't teach college or other higher learning). That being said, i know you know all too well that common sense isn't very common. I'm fairly certain that frustrates you but you're able to handle it easier cause you're in control of a classroom environment. Unfortunately, i deal with the same kids, but in the world of the internet. Where they're allowed to be stupid, for a lack of a better word, without any repercussions. You at least can get em to stop. Me, i have to be a little more tough i suppose. I'm not saying what i do is justified, but again, if you ask a stupid question, you get a stupid answer. I've literally been asked how i get my white backboard white. When it comes down to it, the times i'm rude in my comments are probably far fewer than the times i'm nice. But naturally, the mean replies i make, are going to stand out a lot more. Believe it or not, i've worked really hard on ignoring questions that typically ignore me. But then, i get told i'm being rude because i'm ignoring them. Someone just the other day asked me if Mattycollector is Mattel. I just left it alone. They probably didn't know, but i didn't want to come across as rude to them. They proceeded to go to Sean Long to ask him, citing that i was a jerk for ignoring him. So, as the old saying goes, "you're damned if you do and you're damned if ya don't"
check out my video reviews @ http://www.youtube.com/optibotimus
optibotimus
Vehicon
Posts: 356
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:35 pm

Re: Optibotimus Reviews: Transformers Prime (RiD) Deluxe Class; Arcee

Postby WolfDawg » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:06 am

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
optibotimus wrote:
WolfDawg wrote:
optibotimus wrote:
WolfDawg wrote:
TFIta369 wrote:Her face is great! :D
Hey, has anyone got an "ugh" answer on your comments by Optibotimus? That really bums me cause you´re this guy´s fan, follower, etc. he asks for support and subs and stuff and then he tells you off in your innocent comment? :-x Or a "talk to the hand" =; [-( response? Not trying to start a war or anything but I just wanted to get this off of my chest :-( That´s the only thing I don´t like about Optibotimus #-o


Optibotimus kind of reminds me of Kanye West. He's REALLY good at what he does, but he's just a total arrogant ass. Similarly, I love watching Optibotimus's reviews because he really shows off articulation, gives great comparisons, and nails the transformations (forwards and reversed) every time. As a person, however, he's a dick.

Also, to stay on topic about the toy, I really don't care for the backpack. I could live with the color (which is a pretty nice shade of blue in its own right). But that huge ass backpack just kills it for me. I'll stick to my FE Arcee. Sure she's a bit too tall, but I've come to accept that my Prime collection won't be perfectly in scale.


I do have to kinda laugh at the Kanye West comparison, but i do thank you for saying i'm good at what i do. But i'm sorry, you do NOT know me in person. So saying i'm an arrogant ass or a dick, as a matter of fact...as if you do know me in person, isn't something you should do. I do fully admit i have a level of arrogance. But the fact is, i get asked the same things time and time again. Most of the time, and i mean most of the time...i'm generally pretty nice with my replies. That being said, i'm one of the few "big" reviewers that takes a lot of time to interact with his "fans" and replies to their comments. Not to drag other people into this, but compare the number of times i reply to comments in my videos with the number of times Sean Long or Peaugh does. I do concede the fact that i have a short fuse with things. But i live by the rules that if you ask a stupid question, expect a stupid answer.

All that being said, if i've ever offended anyone, i apologize. And i do greatly appreciate your compliment about my work. I'm very happy you enjoy watching my stuff for the reasons you listed as those are the reasons why i pride myself on the stuff i do put out.

Hope that clears things up.


Actually, that does clear a lot of things up. I understand the frustration of being asked the same things over and over (I'm a teacher). Some people have the patience for it, others don't. Nothing wrong with that, and I apologize for misconstruing your intentions.

That being said, I never claimed to know you as a person. I know you regarding your craft (making TF Reviews). Sometimes you have a crabby attitude towards A LOT of your viewers, so I'm basing my opinion on how you handle your craft. By the same token, if some of my students' parents said I had a bad attitude regarding how I handle my students' questions, I wouldn't run off about how they don't know me in person. They DO know me by the craft, and if I carry myself in such a manner regarding my craft, I have to be expected to be judged as such.

All things consider, though, you are an excellent reviewer. Whenever I can't get my Transformers back into Alt mode, I can rest assured that your videos will help (which is more times than I care to admit! Lol). Though I understand why you respond the way you do to many of your viewers, I can't condone it. Still, keep up the kick ass reviews.


You did say that "as a person, i'm a dick", that would insinuate that you know me as a person. What you do say has a lot of validity to it. Except i would disagree entirely with you on how you see view my attitude towards "a lot" of my viewers. You being a teacher, i can understand and appreciate what you go through. My wife too is a teacher. She's gotten parents that tell her that she's a bad teacher because of how she "treats" their child. Without knowing exactly how that child really does behave in her class. You, me and her have that in common...that we deal with a lot of younger people (presuming you don't teach college or other higher learning). That being said, i know you know all too well that common sense isn't very common. I'm fairly certain that frustrates you but you're able to handle it easier cause you're in control of a classroom environment. Unfortunately, i deal with the same kids, but in the world of the internet. Where they're allowed to be stupid, for a lack of a better word, without any repercussions. You at least can get em to stop. Me, i have to be a little more tough i suppose. I'm not saying what i do is justified, but again, if you ask a stupid question, you get a stupid answer. I've literally been asked how i get my white backboard white. When it comes down to it, the times i'm rude in my comments are probably far fewer than the times i'm nice. But naturally, the mean replies i make, are going to stand out a lot more. Believe it or not, i've worked really hard on ignoring questions that typically ignore me. But then, i get told i'm being rude because i'm ignoring them. Someone just the other day asked me if Mattycollector is Mattel. I just left it alone. They probably didn't know, but i didn't want to come across as rude to them. They proceeded to go to Sean Long to ask him, citing that i was a jerk for ignoring him. So, as the old saying goes, "you're damned if you do and you're damned if ya don't"


Upon reading my first post, I did say "as a person, he's a dick". I guess you can take that literally and assume that I'm assuming that I know you personally. Of course I don't. This is actually my first interaction with you in my life, so I'm sure you think I came off a bit ignorant attacking you "personally". Actually, I should have said that you come off as a dick when I read your replies.

However, now that I've actually had some type of interaction with you, I don't think you're a dick at all. It's possible that you're just a very frank person and since this is the internet, it's very hard to pick up on subtle verbal nuances that would make you seem blunt as opposed to an ****.

So yea, I suppose I apologize because I honestly figured you would barge in on my comments, call me an asshat, and stomp away pissed. You actually explained yourself in a very civil manner. That alone shows me that my impressions of you were way off.

Again, I'm a fan of your reviews and think you're probably one of the best reviewers on Youtube. Though sometimes your may come off a bit hostile and blunt, after your explanations, I can understand why.
User avatar
WolfDawg
Brainmaster
Posts: 1373
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:33 pm
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 1
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: Optibotimus Reviews: Transformers Prime (RiD) Deluxe Class; Arcee

Postby optibotimus » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:13 am

^^

Please don't feel the need to apologize. You said it all rather nicely. One thing you will learn about me, is i am VERY frank lol. It's a huge fault of mine. I'm glad we were able to discuss this without anyone getting upset or whatever. Many times, people can't have these sort of conversations without taking things personally and blowing up and one another.

Just a funny side note about what kinda ignorance i deal with...i just posted a video of the new Mattycollector Red Lion figure. In it, i specifically say, (granted it's towards the end) that one downfall is that it's going to take so long to get the full Voltron cause matty is releasing one Lion every other month. I still had someone ask me when i'll upload the next Voltron review. Like i had them all sitting right next to me haha. Oh my life...so difficult, right? lol

Anyhow, thank you again for the conversation...and i am very grateful to hear the kind words regarding my videos. Anytime someone puts me in a list with the "best reviewers on Youtube"..really does make me feel good. Although, it's not good for my ego :P Or so my wife would say haha
check out my video reviews @ http://www.youtube.com/optibotimus
optibotimus
Vehicon
Posts: 356
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:35 pm

Re: Optibotimus Reviews: Transformers Prime (RiD) Deluxe Class; Arcee

Postby Vicalliose » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:36 am

Motto: "Focus on one thing at a time? Are you crazy!? WHO DO YOU THINK I AM!!!"
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Sonic Boomer Gun
Well, since fair criticism is being thrown around here, I'll give my two cents. I think Optibotimus can be a little monotonous at times. But then again, Peaugh and many other reviewers can be just about the same in that regard. Also he tends to gush, rather than focusing on pointing out the negatives. But hey I'm cynical, I prefer to accentuate the negatives in everything.

Anyway. Thanks for putting the video up. Didn't change how I feel about the figure, but thanks nonetheless.
Image
"Government, even in it's best state, is but a necessary evil; in it's worst state, an intolerable one." -Thomas Paine
User avatar
Vicalliose
Targetmaster
Posts: 689
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:20 pm
Location: You already know that.
Watch Vicalliose on YouTube
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 3
Rank: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 1

Re: Optibotimus Reviews: Transformers Prime (RiD) Deluxe Class; Arcee

Postby CrimsonPrime » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:30 am

Seriously I thought this topic is about optibotimus reviewing RiD Prime and not about optibotimus himself? And to those who keep saying that you know a person just by chatting online with that certain person are idiots. It's like judging a book just by reading the summary on a website...Sheesh you guys are childish.

On topic...I still dont really dig the blue...But then again I hate both fembots and motorbots xD.
CrimsonPrime
Vehicon
Posts: 317
Joined: Tue May 17, 2011 11:37 pm

Re: Optibotimus Reviews: Transformers Prime (RiD) Deluxe Class; Arcee

Postby Doctor McGrath » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:43 am

Motto: "This is quick but not quite painless.."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
I'm not completely disappointed in this mold but I'm far from satisfied.
Image
El Duque wrote:Quite a firestorm I started here :michaelbay:
User avatar
Doctor McGrath
Gestalt
Posts: 2513
News Credits: 4
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:03 am
Buy from Doctor McGrath on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: Optibotimus Reviews: Transformers Prime (RiD) Deluxe Class; Arcee

Postby optibotimus » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:17 pm

Vicalliose wrote:Well, since fair criticism is being thrown around here, I'll give my two cents. I think Optibotimus can be a little monotonous at times. But then again, Peaugh and many other reviewers can be just about the same in that regard. Also he tends to gush, rather than focusing on pointing out the negatives. But hey I'm cynical, I prefer to accentuate the negatives in everything.

Anyway. Thanks for putting the video up. Didn't change how I feel about the figure, but thanks nonetheless.


I gush when i truly like something. I'm also equally negative when something is bad. That's one thing i'm very proud of. Many MANY times people tell me that's one thing they really like about me. That i'm honest, even if i don't like something and it reflects in my reviews of it. In fact, i have people complain that i'm nitpick TOO much. So i really don't see were you're getting your information from. I appreciate criticism, as an "artist", it lets me grow and do better...but when i get it from someone who puts on their youtube profile "I use my free time to annoy the f*** out of people." With all due respect, your opinions into my style, lose a lot of credibility.
check out my video reviews @ http://www.youtube.com/optibotimus
optibotimus
Vehicon
Posts: 356
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:35 pm

Re: Optibotimus Reviews: Transformers Prime (RiD) Deluxe Class; Arcee

Postby Sodan-1 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:30 pm

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
Think I'll risk it and wait for the Takara version. Plus I think that one comes with a Micron that transforms into Arcee's second blade.
Sodan-1
Gestalt
Posts: 2251
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:35 am
Location: Right where you'd least expect me to be.

Re: Optibotimus Reviews: Transformers Prime (RiD) Deluxe Class; Arcee

Postby PrymeStriker » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:44 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
optibotimus wrote:
Gyrotron wrote:I'm buying this thing. It's better scale and looks more articulated. Only two problems:
*The paint slightly bugs me
*The backpack

And that Ion Blaster is totally going to Prime.


Sadly, the blaster won't fit exactly in Optimus Prime. He can hold it...but the handle that is kinda hidden, to make it look like it's coming out of their arm, won't work with Optimus' hand :( Sorry


That's fine. Kind of the point for him to hold it :)
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5440
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Optibotimus Reviews: Transformers Prime (RiD) Deluxe Class; Arcee

Postby Vicalliose » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:59 pm

Motto: "Focus on one thing at a time? Are you crazy!? WHO DO YOU THINK I AM!!!"
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Sonic Boomer Gun
optibotimus wrote:I gush when i truly like something. I'm also equally negative when something is bad. That's one thing i'm very proud of. Many MANY times people tell me that's one thing they really like about me. That i'm honest, even if i don't like something and it reflects in my reviews of it. In fact, i have people complain that i'm nitpick TOO much. So i really don't see were you're getting your information from. I appreciate criticism, as an "artist", it lets me grow and do better...but when i get it from someone who puts on their youtube profile "I use my free time to annoy the f*** out of people." With all due respect, your opinions into my style, lose a lot of credibility.
Ok, gonna pull a punch by going onto my youtube account and quoting me? Yeah, I'll openly admit I like annoying people, but I tend to annoy people by actually voicing my opinions instead of full blown trolling. Fun fact: I annoy people because I'm an unlikable person. But hey, let's not get personal.

Actually you pointed out all the problems I'm talking about in your own post. Though I only said you had a tendency to gush, not that you gushed about everything. Like I said I'm cynical, so even in the things I like or just tolerate I prefer to focus on the negative. But like I said, it's a problem all reviewers kinda have, and for good reason as you pointed out. Even so, in this review I guess I do feel you were more even handed than in some other cases. Perhaps you're just getting better at it, I don't watch often enough. I only bother to watch reviews when it's something where I want to hear how bad something is, so I know what I'm getting into if I buy it.

I think one thing people miss with Arcee is that the PRiD lost the double jointed elbows, so regardless of there being less fiddling involved with the shoulders, she's actually lost articulation. Then you have her back-heaviness, which is obvious, yet the negative does not receive much focus from people who own it, but in all the pictures I see Arcee tends to be slumped forward to keep her from falling over. To me personally this puts the figures in a more level playing field, even if the PRiD were to get a proper paint job. But yeah, that's an opinion. I'm just saying that sometimes when a reviewer has a personal preference for a figure they tend to fail at pointing a problem out. This was not huge case, perhaps not even a relevant one. I'm just using it as an example.

But hey, really, don't take it personally. It's a problem all reviewers have, even my brother does it, so it doesn't really matter I guess.
User avatar
Vicalliose
Targetmaster
Posts: 689
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:20 pm
Location: You already know that.
Watch Vicalliose on YouTube
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 3
Rank: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 1

Re: Optibotimus Reviews: Transformers Prime (RiD) Deluxe Class; Arcee

Postby Autobot032 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:57 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
*sighs* This thread... What a mess.

I'm truly disheartened by what I've read here. I know I shouldn't have, but I expected better from the people than...this.

You know what? Nevermind. From here on out, my focus is aimed at the figure in question, not the people involved. (I'm not taking anyone's side here.)

I admit that she's better in terms of scale.
I like that her transformation is easy enough to "pick up and go" so to speak, rather than setting aside 10-20 minutes.
I do like the head better.

I do not like weapons, not one bit.
I do not like the colors, at all.
While I do appreciate the ease of her transformation, it's also a strike against the figure. Way too simplistic in spots.
I can't get around that backpack. It's horrendous to me.

....they couldn't even get her color right? Really? Of all the game winning balls to fumble, they chose THIS one? They couldn't let us at least have an accurate paintjob?

*twitches*
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
News Staff
Posts: 9001
News Credits: 41
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:51 am
Location: I don't know!
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Re: Optibotimus Reviews: Transformers Prime (RiD) Deluxe Class; Arcee

Postby Anonymous. » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:49 am

We're here to talk about toys, specifically PRID Arcee. While this is on Youtube, Seibertron.com is not Youtube. If you throw fire at someone expect fire to be thrown back. If you don't like it, maybe you should keep the comments/thoughts to yourself. Anymore of this nonsense, and warnings will ensue.
Anonymous.
God Of Transformers
Posts: 11588
News Credits: 102
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:31 am
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Next

Return to Transformers Toy Reviews

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism
Twincast / Podcast #106:
"McCarthyism"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, December 4th, 2014