Optimus in TF4

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Optimus in TF4

Postby Ramjet's Ghost » Thu May 24, 2012 6:30 pm

So, what do you all think will happen with Optimus and his right arm that was detached in battle with Sentinel Prime? Will it be repaired and reattached? Does he switch alt modes? If so, to what?
Ramjet's Ghost
Mini-Con
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:50 pm

Re: Optimus in TF4

Postby Capt.Failure » Thu May 24, 2012 6:45 pm

Considering Starscream lost an arm in RotF and was back in fighting shape a few scenes later I don't think it'll be much of an issue for him.
Capt.Failure
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 898
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:06 am

Re: Optimus in TF4

Postby TulioDude » Thu May 24, 2012 10:23 pm

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Capt.Failure wrote:Considering Starscream lost an arm in RotF and was back in fighting shape a few scenes later I don't think it'll be much of an issue for him.


I agree.


About Megatron,i didn't expect him to keep the face damage he got in ROTF.
Image
TulioDude is back!Now more social than ever!Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
User avatar
TulioDude
Brainmaster
Posts: 1382
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 7:20 pm
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Rank: 3
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: Optimus in TF4

Postby Capt.Failure » Fri May 25, 2012 12:10 am

TulioDude wrote:
Capt.Failure wrote:Considering Starscream lost an arm in RotF and was back in fighting shape a few scenes later I don't think it'll be much of an issue for him.


I agree.


About Megatron,i didn't expect him to keep the face damage he got in ROTF.


I think some damage is more easily repaired. Megatron took a blast from his own rifle to the face and I'm sure some vital parts exist in that region, especially since headshots seem to be lethal. Probably the location of their equivalent of a brain, much like us. In the tie in material it was apparent Megatron's damage was slowly killing him, and he needed emergency repairs to survive. Even after that in the next film he's barely in fighting shape, only beating Sentinel Prime with a sneak attack.
Capt.Failure
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 898
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:06 am

Re: Optimus in TF4

Postby TulioDude » Sat May 26, 2012 2:18 pm

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
I saw it as the the Decepticons having less resources than being a hard part to fix.
Image
TulioDude is back!Now more social than ever!Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
User avatar
TulioDude
Brainmaster
Posts: 1382
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 7:20 pm
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Rank: 3
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: Optimus in TF4

Postby Rushie » Mon May 28, 2012 10:01 am

Motto: "Eh, keep your little planet. I'll outlive it."
Weapon: Fusion-Powered Particle Blaster
I'm sure Optimus will return with the same alt mode and both arms without much of an explanation. Every film skips a few years and the audience will assume he got repaired by Ratchet. Remember Bumblebee's missing legs in film 1 and no mention of their repair in RotF.

It'd be interesting if they worked a newly designed arm into the fourth film though. It could homage Big Convoy and have the ability to transform into a vicious weapon like RotF Megatron or Cybertron Savage Claw mode.
Rushie
Pretender
Posts: 721
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Rotterdam
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 4
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: Optimus in TF4

Postby Capt.Failure » Mon May 28, 2012 11:02 am

Rushie wrote:I'm sure Optimus will return with the same alt mode and both arms without much of an explanation. Every film skips a few years and the audience will assume he got repaired by Ratchet. Remember Bumblebee's missing legs in film 1 and no mention of their repair in RotF.

It'd be interesting if they worked a newly designed arm into the fourth film though. It could homage Big Convoy and have the ability to transform into a vicious weapon like RotF Megatron or Cybertron Savage Claw mode.


It's like I said, Starscream lost an arm and it was no big deal. Limbs seem pretty easy to repair for Cybertronians. Vital systems are another matter though.
Capt.Failure
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 898
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:06 am


Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Ending Soon On eBay

Takara Transformers Masterpiece G2 Bumblebee Sealed! - Time Remaining: 1 day 23 hours 24 minutes 59 seconds
Transformers Generations Combiner Voyager Class Cyclonus NEW! Galvatronus Core! - Time Remaining: 2 days 4 hours 46 minutes 41 seconds
Transformers Age of Extinction First Edition Optimus Prime Leader Class NEW! 11" - Time Remaining: 2 days 7 hours 16 minutes 47 seconds
Transformers Masterpiece Year of the Horse Optimus Prime Platinum Edition - New - Time Remaining: 2 days 16 hours 34 minutes 13 seconds
Transformers Mirage Classics Generations Chug G1 Colors Lot Universe - Time Remaining: 1 day 22 hours 50 minutes 44 seconds
Universal Studios Transformers The Ride Evac Autobot Mug - Time Remaining: 2 days 11 hours 7 minutes 10 seconds
Battle Damage ARCEE motorcycle TRANSFORMERS Movie 2007 Deluxe Class figure Sam's - Time Remaining: 7 days 22 hours 15 minutes 54 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Age of Extinction Titan OPTIMUS PRIME 16-Inch Figure - Time Remaining: 2 days 16 hours 50 minutes 23 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #153 - Last Knights of Cybertron
Twincast / Podcast #153:
"Last Knights of Cybertron"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, August 15th, 2016