Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Overwritten Files

This is the forum to discuss all of those video games you love playing or that are coming out. From Transformers video games to Fighting games to Sports games ... whatever makes you a happy Seibertronian. Just keep it the topics and conversations game and console related.

Overwritten Files

Postby Wigglez » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:37 pm

Motto: "I refuse to breathe the breath of the failure!"
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
So today, I was playing Resident Evil 4 and I got so far. I finally just got the tactical armor and the thermal scope for the sniper rifle. For those who has the game or had it, you know how far I was. And my brother starts a new game so he can play too. The horrible thing that has happened was he saved his game over mine. And he's only at the beginning of the game. I'm pretty frustrated over how far I got and it just got wiped out like that.
"There is no escape but death. Your life is just a murder train a comin'."
-Dethklok
Image
User avatar
Wigglez
Headmaster
Posts: 1146
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 1:39 pm
Location: In a hot tub, in a sauna, in a volcano, on the sun, during a solar flare and I'm still cold as f***
Watch Wigglez on YouTube
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: N/A
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: Overwritten Files

Postby BeastProwl » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:52 pm

Motto: "Planet Exploder"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
Moral of the story: Keep the kiddies away from your consoles! I Remember back when Majora's Mask first came out. I Got as far as Stone Tower Temple's miniboss Gomess (Or however it's spellt) So for those of you who have played the game, you know that's FAR! I had EVERY ITEM and EVERY MASK. Then, him and his friend thought it'd be cool if they "Combined" Their names into one long name. They didn't do it on paper, or on the computer, or anything like that. no. They did it on my file! My good one! And they never got punished. That little bratty cousin of mine never gets punshed for ANYTHING. I'm glad HE'S out of my life...
My PSN: BeastProwl
Image

Come read my Photocomic! It totally doesn't suck!

Va'al wrote:PCCs are not only desirable, they are adorable. [-(

Fanboy wrote:You need to see the figure, feel the figure , lick the figure , be the figure,
And only then can you love mp 01 the way I have.
User avatar
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6065
News Credits: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: The Badass Crater of Badassitude
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: Overwritten Files

Postby Shadowman » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:47 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
wigglez323 wrote:So today, I was playing Resident Evil 4 and I got so far. I finally just got the tactical armor and the thermal scope for the sniper rifle. For those who has the game or had it, you know how far I was. And my brother starts a new game so he can play too. The horrible thing that has happened was he saved his game over mine. And he's only at the beginning of the game. I'm pretty frustrated over how far I got and it just got wiped out like that.


I know exactly where you are, (I was right there earlier today) and I know exactly what you mean. Many years ago, I had a very-nearly-completed copy of Pokemon Blue; 144 Pokemon, even Mew, I was seven short of a perfect game. I lent it to a friend of mine. My Gameboy Color came back with the battery cover missing, and my game came back with a brand new file with the number of Pokemon caught in the single digits. I thought he was just going to use my file, not that he'd start a new one. Pokemon games only have one file per copy!

I was ready to straight-up murder him.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28794
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Overwritten Files

Postby BeastProwl » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:03 pm

Motto: "Planet Exploder"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
That Hapened to me with pokemon Silver, accept I had about 14-15 pokemon to go. Still. Silver. I did ALOT of trading and ALOT of hunting to get were I was. I left my gameboy advance on the downstairs table when it was time to go to school. I came home, and the game was missing. I found it in my cousin's gameboy. Right after that moment, it was nothing but one big frantic moment of clambering to get it in my system to see if he had deleted my file. sure enough...
You know? I hate that kid now that I think of it...
My PSN: BeastProwl
Image

Come read my Photocomic! It totally doesn't suck!

Va'al wrote:PCCs are not only desirable, they are adorable. [-(

Fanboy wrote:You need to see the figure, feel the figure , lick the figure , be the figure,
And only then can you love mp 01 the way I have.
User avatar
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6065
News Credits: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: The Badass Crater of Badassitude
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: Overwritten Files

Postby Wigglez » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:22 am

Motto: "I refuse to breathe the breath of the failure!"
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Years ago, I walked into my room and found my sister just deleting files off of my gamecube. I said what the heck! And then my mom says that she doesn't know what shes doing. I was so angry. I lost my saves for Ultimate Spiderman, Resident Evil 3, Soul Calibur 2 and so many other games. I had to restart almost all my games to unlock everything again
"There is no escape but death. Your life is just a murder train a comin'."
-Dethklok
Image
User avatar
Wigglez
Headmaster
Posts: 1146
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 1:39 pm
Location: In a hot tub, in a sauna, in a volcano, on the sun, during a solar flare and I'm still cold as f***
Watch Wigglez on YouTube
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: N/A
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: Overwritten Files

Postby Wigglez » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:22 pm

Motto: "I refuse to breathe the breath of the failure!"
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
I'm putting a lock on my door! I got my person up to level 31 in Mass Effect 2 and when I was at work, my brother came in my room and restarted the game without carrying the stats to the new game.
"There is no escape but death. Your life is just a murder train a comin'."
-Dethklok
Image
User avatar
Wigglez
Headmaster
Posts: 1146
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 1:39 pm
Location: In a hot tub, in a sauna, in a volcano, on the sun, during a solar flare and I'm still cold as f***
Watch Wigglez on YouTube
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: N/A
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: Overwritten Files

Postby Shadowman » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:27 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
wigglez323 wrote:I'm putting a lock on my door! I got my person up to level 31 in Mass Effect 2 and when I was at work, my brother came in my room and restarted the game without carrying the stats to the new game.


Um...Mass Effect 2 has a level cap of 30. Even so, starting a new game wouldn't overwrite the old one. You should have the ability to switch "careers" accessing old game data.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28794
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!


Return to Video Games Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014