Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Packaging Error Reveals Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Wave 2 Ripclaw

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Packaging Error Reveals Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Wave 2 Ripclaw

Postby KNM2012 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:34 am

Sabrblade wrote:Yay! Now I don't have to buy the Kre-O version! :DANCE:

@KUMA: I think they're confused because your bringing up Dragstrip appeared to come out of the blue and seems irrelevant to the topic at hand since this thread is specifically about Ripclaw, not Prime toys in general. ;)


PrymeStriker wrote:
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:Very nice! Now TOMY needs to consider making an "Arms Micron" version of Dragstrip.


Where did Dragstrip come from? :shock:


Depends on what you mean and which continuity. ;)


He's talking about you bringing up Dragstrip. :BANG_HEAD:

Which means that unless he was reformatted, we would have to wait for Flame War to be made.


Prime Flamewar has already been made.

Image


Before I finally can explain, as I had a major crash on my laptop, let me clear one thing up: I am referring to the fact that the Flame War was not turned into an Arms Micron character, Pryme. And yes, I already knew that she existed, even as an EZ series figure. >:oP

My point is this: I gave kudos to Hasbro by saying "Nice." I also did what the rest of you have done before, and make a wishful thinking-based statement by noting how I would love to see TOMY recreate ANIMATED's Drag Strip into another Arms Micron (again, not EZ) character. Especially since this will be Hasbro's third major female character (4-5 overall), while TOMY has only dished out 2... And neglected others that deserve the Arms Micron treatment.

I would have said this sooner, but as I said... My laptop had a major issue with the fact that my browser chose to freeze up twice. And atop of that, his response statement is one of those moments where the confused makes a confusing response. Plus, I would also point out that if this character is a minor character, we may instead see Ser-Ket be made by TOMY instead of Ripclaw. :lol:

(Oh... And once again, please do not assume anything tied to me. Right now, I am both struggling with my hobbies (as a few have not made any of them truly enjoyable for me) and juggling the idea of both starting a small business and having both a life and financial future that (hopefully) excludes SSI. Thanks.)
MY TRANSFORMERS FANDOM: 1984-2013
User avatar
KNM2012
Targetmaster
Posts: 688
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:03 pm
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: Packaging Error Reveals Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Wave 2 Ripclaw

Postby KNM2012 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:58 am

LOST Cybertronian wrote:
griftimus prime wrote:no boobs. i am impressed. anyway. why cant the rest of the line look this good?


Is...that...wait...hold on...did...you just say something positive about a Transformer? Perhaps the Mayan apocalypse did happen and we just didn't notice it. And yes...it looks quite good.


Actually, they said that it would only happen if Rated X was to trade all his third-party pieces for nothing but Hasbro and TOMY pieces... And proclaim his undying loyalty and budget to both companies. ;)

Autobot032 wrote:Hmm. I dunno. The more I see of these figures, the less I'm liking them. It's been nearly 20 years since Beast Wars and I'm wondering if Hasbro's trying to do with it, what they did with RID. (I.E. revitalize by going in a different direction.) Though, I must say that a lot of the later Beast Wars toys (especially Transmetals) were really nice representations of the characters. I'm hoping the show characters are stronger than the toys. That'll make me want to even buy them.

Sad to say, I'm drawing more and more towards Power Rangers, minute by minute. If it wasn't for the FansProject X-1 (Chromedome), I wouldn't be buying anything TF right now.

Normally, I don't care about beast toys and they usually don't bother me, but this is Prime... You don't drastically change Prime and turn it into Beast Wars. It might work with kids (which is what I know they're aiming for), but I dunno.

I guess it's the simplicity of the beast molds... I do yearn for the days of ROTF/HFTD/RTS toys. Complex, look GOOD, and they're nicely sized.


This pretty much sums up how I feel about the current works done by both companies, even though "Robots in Disguise" was an English dub of "Car Robots." And if it was not for the treatment I faced on FUNimation's Facebook page in the past, and lack of knowledge on what books I'd enjoy, I would be on the very same page as Autobot032.

However, my "FansProject X-1" is the current Transformers manga series. That, and I yearn for more reissues tied to Headmasters... As well as reissues tied to both Beast Wars II and Beast Wars Neo (as TOMY at least should offer us a reissue of Lio Convoy, seeing how he becomes Leo Prime). :-B
MY TRANSFORMERS FANDOM: 1984-2013
User avatar
KNM2012
Targetmaster
Posts: 688
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:03 pm
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: Packaging Error Reveals Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Wave 2 Ripclaw

Postby Autobot032 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:38 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:
LOST Cybertronian wrote:
griftimus prime wrote:no boobs. i am impressed. anyway. why cant the rest of the line look this good?


Is...that...wait...hold on...did...you just say something positive about a Transformer? Perhaps the Mayan apocalypse did happen and we just didn't notice it. And yes...it looks quite good.


Actually, they said that it would only happen if Rated X was to trade all his third-party pieces for nothing but Hasbro and TOMY pieces... And proclaim his undying loyalty and budget to both companies. ;)

Autobot032 wrote:Hmm. I dunno. The more I see of these figures, the less I'm liking them. It's been nearly 20 years since Beast Wars and I'm wondering if Hasbro's trying to do with it, what they did with RID. (I.E. revitalize by going in a different direction.) Though, I must say that a lot of the later Beast Wars toys (especially Transmetals) were really nice representations of the characters. I'm hoping the show characters are stronger than the toys. That'll make me want to even buy them.

Sad to say, I'm drawing more and more towards Power Rangers, minute by minute. If it wasn't for the FansProject X-1 (Chromedome), I wouldn't be buying anything TF right now.

Normally, I don't care about beast toys and they usually don't bother me, but this is Prime... You don't drastically change Prime and turn it into Beast Wars. It might work with kids (which is what I know they're aiming for), but I dunno.

I guess it's the simplicity of the beast molds... I do yearn for the days of ROTF/HFTD/RTS toys. Complex, look GOOD, and they're nicely sized.


This pretty much sums up how I feel about the current works done by both companies, even though "Robots in Disguise" was an English dub of "Car Robots." And if it was not for the treatment I faced on FUNimation's Facebook page in the past, and lack of knowledge on what books I'd enjoy, I would be on the very same page as Autobot032.

However, my "FansProject X-1" is the current Transformers manga series. That, and I yearn for more reissues tied to Headmasters... As well as reissues tied to both Beast Wars II and Beast Wars Neo (as TOMY at least should offer us a reissue of Lio Convoy, seeing how he becomes Leo Prime). :-B


Speaking of X-1, he'll be at BBTS today! He already started shipping from TFSource! :D
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
News Staff
Posts: 8703
News Credits: 39
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:51 am
Location: I don't know!
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Re: Packaging Error Reveals Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Wave 2 Ripclaw

Postby Sodan-1 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:26 am

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
Thanks for the cock-up Hasbro. :P

I like it! I really, really like it! I hope we get an absolute butt-load of Predacons. I want me a Transformers dragon army.
Sodan-1
Gestalt
Posts: 2239
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:35 am
Location: Right where you'd least expect me to be.

Re: Packaging Error Reveals Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Wave 2 Ripclaw

Postby NTESHFT » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:17 am

Motto: "60% of the time, it works every time!"
Weapon: Black Magic
Hey, one that actually looks decent..Don't worry, Hasbro, one out of nine isn't bad :lol:

I may get this one, but then maybe not....
Image
User avatar
NTESHFT
Brainmaster
Posts: 1292
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:50 pm
Location: Dirty South
Buy from NTESHFT on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Re: Packaging Error Reveals Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Wave 2 Ripclaw

Postby PrymeStriker » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:30 am

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:Especially since this will be Hasbro's third major female character


If she ever shows up. There will be toy-only Preds. Hasbro told us that. We just have to wait until season three. >:oP

Plus, I would also point out that if this character is a minor character,


If she is a character of any superiority at all.

we may instead see Ser-Ket be made by TOMY instead of Ripclaw. :lol:


Is Hasbro not allowed to release Ser-Ket? Is Takara not allowed to release Ripclaw?

Also, we don't even know if Takara will be continuing the Arms Micron gimmick into Beast Hunters.
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5376
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Packaging Error Reveals Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Wave 2 Ripclaw

Postby SkyWarpsGhost » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:43 pm

Weapon: Dual Photon Launchers
Why is the art work of OP and chums on the back of the card them in non spiky form?
MOC Kreo/Legoformer Sentinel Prime
moc-kreo-legoformer-sentinel-prime-t98257.php
MOC Kreo/Legoformer Nemesis Prime v2
moc-kreo-legoformer-nemesis-prime-v2-t97374s100.php
MOC Kreo/Legoformer Dotm Megatron
moc-kreo-legoformer-megatron-t97289.php
MOC Kreo/Legoformer Prime and Magnus
transforming-legokreoformer-optimus-magnus-t94770s200.php
SkyWarpsGhost
Vehicon
Posts: 386
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:38 am
Location: Belfast N.I.
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 7
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 8
Rank: 8
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Re: Packaging Error Reveals Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Wave 2 Ripclaw

Postby Noideaforaname » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:49 pm

Probably just didn't feel like updating it.

Or maybe they don't get all spiky in the show? *shrug*
Krazy 'bout Kreons
Customs // Photos // Art // Parts Database
User avatar
Noideaforaname
Gestalt
Posts: 2226
News Credits: 5
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:31 pm

Re: Packaging Error Reveals Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Wave 2 Ripclaw

Postby That Bot » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:18 pm

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
SkyWarpsGhost wrote:Why is the art work of OP and chums on the back of the card them in non spiky form?

Because it's the same promo image they've been using since before TF Prime even started.
Image
That Bot
Headmaster
Posts: 1020
News Credits: 3
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:50 pm
Watch That Bot on YouTube
Buy from That Bot on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Rank: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Packaging Error Reveals Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Wave 2 Ripclaw

Postby KNM2012 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:38 pm

PrymeStriker wrote:If she ever shows up. There will be toy-only Preds. Hasbro told us that. We just have to wait until season three. >:oP


Doesn't matter to me. I only gave kudos to Hasbro for doing this. And if this did turn out to be an error, then their "Revenge of the Jedi" move have made the MOSC pieces very collectible.

Oh, and I still only collect TOMY's line. So there is that 50/50 chance I will get her if they put her out.

PrymeStriker wrote:If she is a character of any superiority at all.


If she is more than a mere concept character, and more than background character, she will have some form of superiority. Then again, she does not have to be a main character to be a major character... As she might be between the Vehicons (minor) and Predaking (main). ;)

PrymeStriker wrote:Is Hasbro not allowed to release Ser-Ket? Is Takara not allowed to release Ripclaw?


Yes to both. No to both. And I am leaning towards no, unless TOMY decides to pull a "Rumble and Frenzy" by making some minor retooling on Ser-Ket. Otherwise, I only expect them to do the two characters separately.

PrymeStriker wrote:Also, we don't even know if Takara will be continuing the Arms Micron gimmick into Beast Hunters.


Just note that TOMY created a history for this line and the only way they will abandon it is if season 3 and beyond have nothing to do with Earth. Because Arms Microns are weapons that were exposed to Earth's energon and mutated in the process. And even then, it looks like they have no intention to abandon it anytime soon. >:oP
MY TRANSFORMERS FANDOM: 1984-2013
User avatar
KNM2012
Targetmaster
Posts: 688
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:03 pm
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: Packaging Error Reveals Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Wave 2 Ripclaw

Postby That Bot » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:25 pm

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:Is Hasbro not allowed to release Ser-Ket? Is Takara not allowed to release Ripclaw?


Yes to both. No to both. And I am leaning towards no, unless TOMY decides to pull a "Rumble and Frenzy" by making some minor retooling on Ser-Ket. Otherwise, I only expect them to do the two characters separately.

We currently have no indication at all about whether or not Hasbro will release Ser-Ket in their markets, or whether this mold will ever see a Takara release in any form. However, being as Ser-Ket is a Hasbro creation, and the toy mold will be released in some form on Hasbro's shores, there's stronger precedent for a Ser-Ket release than Hasbro Ironhide or Frenzy.

PrymeStriker wrote:Also, we don't even know if Takara will be continuing the Arms Micron gimmick into Beast Hunters.


Just note that TOMY created a history for this line and the only way they will abandon it is if season 3 and beyond have nothing to do with Earth. Because Arms Microns are weapons that were exposed to Earth's energon and mutated in the process. And even then, it looks like they have no intention to abandon it anytime soon. >:oP

They created a gimmick story for the toyline that has little to no bearing in the show, even with the alterations they made to their version of the cartoon. The gimmick was chosen due to the popularity of model-building in Japan, so it seems unlikely they'd drop it now. However, I think a lot of us hope they at least stop with the decals on the main figures and go back to paint apps.
Image
That Bot
Headmaster
Posts: 1020
News Credits: 3
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:50 pm
Watch That Bot on YouTube
Buy from That Bot on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Rank: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Packaging Error Reveals Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Wave 2 Ripclaw

Postby PrymeStriker » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:01 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:If she is more than a mere concept character, and more than background character, she will have some form of superiority. Then again, she does not have to be a main character to be a major character... As she might be between the Vehicons (minor) and Predaking (main). ;)


Or she's a toy only. Ser-Ket has a better chance of showing up than Ripclaw. >:oP

Yes to both. No to both. And I am leaning towards no, unless TOMY decides to pull a "Rumble and Frenzy" by making some minor retooling on Ser-Ket.


Why would they need to retool it? Ripclaw's model is not different from Ser-Ket at all.
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5376
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Packaging Error Reveals Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Wave 2 Ripclaw

Postby KNM2012 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:22 pm

That Bot wrote:We currently have no indication at all about whether or not Hasbro will release Ser-Ket in their markets, or whether this mold will ever see a Takara release in any form. However, being as Ser-Ket is a Hasbro creation, and the toy mold will be released in some form on Hasbro's shores, there's stronger precedent for a Ser-Ket release than Hasbro Ironhide or Frenzy.


I disagree with two factors at hand:

1) TOMY's decisions are based on characters that currently reside within PRIME and characters that they feel work with their own continuity.

2) Hasbro's decisions are based on their Binder of Revelation.

In other words - TOMY has a whole lot more freedom than Hasbro when it comes to these characters. And unless Hasbro has some plans for Ser-Ket, which I also hope to hear about, we should hope that TOMY picks him up. >:oP

Oh... And with this topic... I am curious to know what kind of Arms Micron that TOMY would consider giving Ripclaw, and if it would form an ultimate Predacon weapon. ;)

That Bot wrote:They created a gimmick story for the toyline that has little to no bearing in the show, even with the alterations they made to their version of the cartoon. The gimmick was chosen due to the popularity of model-building in Japan, so it seems unlikely they'd drop it now. However, I think a lot of us hope they at least stop with the decals on the main figures and go back to paint apps.


I'll remember that when I talk to those I know that actually follow the Japanese line, That Bot. >:oP Because based on what TOMY has stated, the Arms Micron are an official part of their continuity. The only reason why they cannot include them in the current PRIME series is because they are only capable of dubbing it. However, they have the option to branch off from the series after season 2, and allow the Arms Microns to have a greater role in their exclusive works.

Then again, and I blame Sabrblade for this, but I would love to see them do a spin-off manga series starring Leo Prime. Because that way, we get more of him and a deeper understanding tied to the importance of the Arms Micron, etc. :-B
MY TRANSFORMERS FANDOM: 1984-2013
User avatar
KNM2012
Targetmaster
Posts: 688
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:03 pm
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: Packaging Error Reveals Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Wave 2 Ripclaw

Postby PrymeStriker » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:30 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:And unless Hasbro has some plans for Ser-Ket


He's one of the main characters in the "Rage of the Dinobots" comics. :???:
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5376
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Packaging Error Reveals Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Wave 2 Ripclaw

Postby KNM2012 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:07 pm

PrymeStriker wrote:Or she's a toy only. Ser-Ket has a better chance of showing up than Ripclaw. >:oP


Pryme, remember me saying that I have a lot to do? I am thinking that is not important here. >:oP

So I will just get to the point: The series that Ser-Ket appears in is a means to fill in the gaps that connect FOC to PRIME. Both IDW and Hasbro currently know the fates of Ser-Ket and others that worked for Shockwave, as well as what Ripclaw's role is within the Predacon team.

In other words: I assume that Ser-Ket is Grimlock fodder, Ripclaw is his twin sister, and if both Ripclaw and the Dinobots appear in season 3... You are going to love being wrong. ;)

Myself... I have decided to not focus on this until TOMY makes a decision tied to Beast Hunters. Because (again, thanks to Sabrblade) I am contemplating Leo Prime... And will consider these if they decide to reissue the "yellow variant" of G1 Predaking (as I have the "gold" version). :-?

would they need to retool it? Ripclaw's model is not different from Ser-Ket at all.


Really. Does that mean I should ignore the retooling done to "Arms Micron" Arcee? Because two versions are pretty much the same, but the Arms Micron version had some retooling done for her Arms Micron companion. Hence my point to that. >:oP
MY TRANSFORMERS FANDOM: 1984-2013
User avatar
KNM2012
Targetmaster
Posts: 688
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:03 pm
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: Packaging Error Reveals Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Wave 2 Ripclaw

Postby KNM2012 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:15 pm

PrymeStriker wrote:
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:And unless Hasbro has some plans for Ser-Ket


He's one of the main characters in the "Rage of the Dinobots" comics. :???:


Emphasis on comics. Plus, he is one of the main villains in the story, and is facing off against the Dinobots. Meaning that Grimlock and company will not show any sympathy to those who have an undying allegiance to Shockwave.

So unless he is a coward and manages to escape... Grimlock becomes a big softy and spares him... Or he changes allegiances... I salute the fact that IDW gave him a death that is better than your other two favorite Decepticons. :WHISTLE:
MY TRANSFORMERS FANDOM: 1984-2013
User avatar
KNM2012
Targetmaster
Posts: 688
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:03 pm
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: Packaging Error Reveals Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Wave 2 Ripclaw

Postby Mindmaster » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:23 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:... I salute the fact that IDW gave him a death that is better than your other two favorite Decepticons. :WHISTLE:


Image
Image
Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

craggy wrote:When Hero Mashers are the nicest looking toys in a news post, you know something's wrong.

In case of really bad and/or corny puns made by Va'al, click and hit play.
User avatar
Mindmaster
News Staff
Posts: 5510
News Credits: 21
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Packaging Error Reveals Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Wave 2 Ripclaw

Postby KNM2012 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:45 pm

Mindmaster wrote:
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:... I salute the fact that IDW gave him a death that is better than your other two favorite Decepticons. :WHISTLE:


Image


:lol:

Thanks for the laugh. I just hope Pryme remembers that I support his favorites my not buying anything tied to those who those who butchered his main favorite.

Now if you do not mind... I have some reading to do, some apps to find, and a way to get the financial backing I need to turn my 2013 plans into a reality. :PEACE:
MY TRANSFORMERS FANDOM: 1984-2013
User avatar
KNM2012
Targetmaster
Posts: 688
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:03 pm
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: Packaging Error Reveals Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Wave 2 Ripclaw

Postby PrymeStriker » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:50 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:Emphasis on comics.


That ties right into the third season of Prime. Imagine that.

So unless he is a coward and manages to escape... Grimlock becomes a big softy and spares him... Or he changes allegiances... I salute the fact that IDW gave him a death that is better than your other two favorite Decepticons. :WHISTLE:


1) So, just because he's the villain, and the Dinobots are involved, he's gonna die. Brilliant conclusion. If that's the case, Shockwave should have died in Fall of Cybertron. Instead, he gets his left arm torn off and replaced by a cannon hosed from his back.

2) You just dissed Knock Out and Soundwave. :P

Both IDW and Hasbro currently know the fates of Ser-Ket and others that worked for Shockwave, as well as what Ripclaw's role is within the Predacon team.


You're ignoring the possibility of Ripclaw being a toy-only character.

In other words: I assume that Ser-Ket is Grimlock fodder, Ripclaw is his twin sister, and if both Ripclaw and the Dinobots appear in season 3... You are going to love being wrong. ;)


Dude, you need not assume Ser-Ket is going to die. Grimlock's kicked the asses of many Decepticons. Not all of them have died. :BANG_HEAD:

Really. Does that mean I should ignore the retooling done to "Arms Micron" Arcee?


You said pull a "Rumble and Frenzy." Frenzy, the blue one over there, has a totally different head from Rumble, the blue one over here. You didn't say anything about Arms Micron retooling. All of them have that.

Pryme, remember me saying that I have a lot to do? I am thinking that is not important here. >:oP


It's not. You could get what you need done done and come back and reply when you have enough time. Nobody's asking you to respond on the spot.
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5376
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Packaging Error Reveals Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Wave 2 Ripclaw

Postby Mindmaster » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:00 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
PrymeStriker wrote:
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:Emphasis on comics.


That ties right into the third season of Prime. Imagine that.

So unless he is a coward and manages to escape... Grimlock becomes a big softy and spares him... Or he changes allegiances... I salute the fact that IDW gave him a death that is better than your other two favorite Decepticons. :WHISTLE:


1) So, just because he's the villain, and the Dinobots are involved, he's gonna die. Brilliant conclusion. If that's the case, Shockwave should have died in Fall of Cybertron. Instead, he gets his left arm torn off and replaced by a cannon hosed from his back.

2) You just dissed Knock Out and Soundwave. :P

Both IDW and Hasbro currently know the fates of Ser-Ket and others that worked for Shockwave, as well as what Ripclaw's role is within the Predacon team.


You're ignoring the possibility of Ripclaw being a toy-only character.

In other words: I assume that Ser-Ket is Grimlock fodder, Ripclaw is his twin sister, and if both Ripclaw and the Dinobots appear in season 3... You are going to love being wrong. ;)


Dude, you need not assume Ser-Ket is going to die. Grimlock's kicked the asses of many Decepticons. Not all of them have died. :BANG_HEAD:

Really. Does that mean I should ignore the retooling done to "Arms Micron" Arcee?


You said pull a "Rumble and Frenzy." Frenzy, the blue one over there, has a totally different head from Rumble, the blue one over here. You didn't say anything about Arms Micron retooling. All of them have that.

Pryme, remember me saying that I have a lot to do? I am thinking that is not important here. >:oP


It's not. You could get what you need done done and come back and reply when you have enough time. Nobody's asking you to respond on the spot.


And again, I quote:

Image
Image
Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

craggy wrote:When Hero Mashers are the nicest looking toys in a news post, you know something's wrong.

In case of really bad and/or corny puns made by Va'al, click and hit play.
User avatar
Mindmaster
News Staff
Posts: 5510
News Credits: 21
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Packaging Error Reveals Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Wave 2 Ripclaw

Postby KNM2012 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:48 pm

Really. Mocking my intelligence are we? Congrats. You succeeded without even looking at the facts stated within the first issue, much less ignoring the original press release. >:oP

PrymeStriker wrote:That ties right into the third season of Prime. Imagine that.


Read the original press release. Follow that up by actually reading the issue. Both have IDW saying that you are talking about what you want - Not what they are writing. >:oP

Oh, and imagine this: IDW announced that the series will plant the Dinobots into the PRIME continuity when they did their first press release. They also have written the story as a "Dinobots versus The Forged" event. The story also hints that Sur-Ket and his (her?) team of Predacons were created by Shockwave.

Wow... Imagine that - Me going along with what IDW has given us, not what you want. >:oP

1) So, just because he's the villain, and the Dinobots are involved, he's gonna die. Brilliant conclusion. If that's the case, Shockwave should have died in Fall of Cybertron. Instead, he gets his left arm torn off and replaced by a cannon hosed from his back.

2) You just dissed Knock Out and Soundwave. :P


Nice insults. Both show that you are good at dismissing facts, so lets get to the actual facts:

1) By your logic, I should ignore Dragon Ball Z... Virtually every Gundam series ever made... Sherlock Holmes' own Doctor Moriarty... Chaos;HEAd... And every series that has a set story with a disposable character (or characters) that have their own fanbase. >:oP That, and the writers are basically hinting that Ser-Ket is technically the clone of Ripclaw... Hence my wishful thinking that both will be made by TOMY. ;)

2) Soundwave is the Decepticon's answer to Batman, and we have not seen the actual limits f what he can do. He is also said to be the only Decepticon that even Megatron does not want to cross. Knock Out was not entirely loyal to Megatron, but his abilities and skills as a medic are required... To the point that Megatron allows him to live until a better medic that has an unyielding loyalty towards him comes. Yeah... That is such a mockery on my behalf when it comes to two characters that have nothing to do with your claims. :lol:

Now for the umpteenth time... I am busy trying to sort out everything that will help me determine if I can stay within this fanbase in 2013. Please deal with that before you dismiss the fact that you may not get what you want... In an insulting way. >:oP
MY TRANSFORMERS FANDOM: 1984-2013
User avatar
KNM2012
Targetmaster
Posts: 688
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:03 pm
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: Packaging Error Reveals Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Wave 2 Ripclaw

Postby KNM2012 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:04 am

Oh, and BTW... If anybody can find a simple way to come up with an estimated $40,000-$60,000 for a foreclosed 3LDK condo apartment within the Tokyo district, money to get a small business off the ground, revive my writing career, obtain an English teaching job in the same area, means of meeting somebody that both lives (or is willing to live) in the area and accept my limitations, and still have the ability to juggle this fanbase with many others I want to revive... Please PM me.

Because I came here for a fun distraction, not have my hobby be a short-term anxiety event. And if you truly know me, then you know that it is another reason why I am swaying to Autobot032's current plan... Even though the Super Sentai series I am currently interested in is not an official Super Sentai series (despite being made by Toei). >:oP
MY TRANSFORMERS FANDOM: 1984-2013
User avatar
KNM2012
Targetmaster
Posts: 688
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:03 pm
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: Packaging Error Reveals Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Wave 2 Ripclaw

Postby RAcast » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:09 am

Motto: "Can't stop, so what! That's how I like it!"
Weapon: Rocket Launcher
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:Oh, and BTW... If anybody can find a simple way to come up with an estimated $40,000-$60,000 for a foreclosed 3LDK condo apartment within the Tokyo district, money to get a small business off the ground, revive my writing career, obtain an English teaching job in the same area, means of meeting somebody that both lives (or is willing to live) in the area and accept my limitations, and still have the ability to juggle this fanbase with many others I want to revive... Please PM me.

Because I came here for a fun distraction, not have my hobby be a short-term anxiety event. And if you truly know me, then you know that it is another reason why I am swaying to Autobot032's current plan... Even though the Super Sentai series I am currently interested in is not an official Super Sentai series (despite being made by Toei). >:oP

Ya gotta know when to walk away from an argument, guy. :lol: I stopped looking at the FoC Voyager pics thread that got obscenely long because my mind couldn't comprehend the fanwank over the really very good figure that is FoC Grimlock. I simply walked away. :)
Last edited by RAcast on Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
RAcast
Gestalt
Posts: 2806
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:26 pm
Location: USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Packaging Error Reveals Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Wave 2 Ripclaw

Postby KNM2012 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:28 am

RAcast wrote:Ya gotta know when to walk away from an argument, guy. :lol: I stopped looking at the FoC Voyager pics thread that go obscenely long because my mind couldn't comprehend the fanwank over the really very good figure that is FoC Grimlock. I simply walked away. :)


You know what? You are correct. :lol: I mean, atop of what I said... I have an email from 2 weeks ago that asked me to submit any photos I had taken while I visited Japan last May. According to them, and this is from the hotel I stayed at, they might appear in a photo gallery. :D So maybe I should distract myself with that.

Plus, also, if you have the time... As me to tell you the story of when I was in Akihabara and decided not to buy a MOSC 2008 "Henkei!" C-05 Hot Rodimus for $60. And the time my now ex-girlfriend took me to Toei Animation (on our second date) and I could not find any information tied to Headmasters (and so on) there. ;)
MY TRANSFORMERS FANDOM: 1984-2013
User avatar
KNM2012
Targetmaster
Posts: 688
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:03 pm
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: Packaging Error Reveals Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Wave 2 Ripclaw

Postby MINDVVIPE » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:36 am

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
And I thought I derailed threads, damn.

I'm pretty impressed with how close the figure looks to the art. Thats pretty rare if I may say so.
Image
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
User avatar
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Posts: 2278
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:49 pm
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014