Welcome to the General Discussion area where just about anything goes! This area is designed to discuss all matters and does not necessarily have to be Transformers related. Please keep topics relevant.
Moderators: robofreak, Supreme Convoy, Cyber Bishop, Cryhavok
- Motto: "If your house burns down... it's my fault."
- Weapon: Sniper Rifle
I'm doing a project in my physics class about freefall. I'm stuck on this one question about terminal velocity. It asks, when a skydiver reaches terminal velocity, why do they keep falling? I think it has something to do with the initial acceleration or perhaps Newton's first law of motion but I'm not entirely sure.
- Posts: 1,486
- Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:43 pm
- Location: Watching the guy that's watching you.
- Strength: Infinity
- Intelligence: Infinity
- Speed: Infinity
- Endurance: Infinity
- Rank: Infinity
- Courage: Infinity
- Firepower: Infinity
- Skill: Infinity
- Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Terminal velocity is actually very simple: it's the constant final speed reached when the fore of gravity and drag are in balance. In short, gravity can't make the object go faster, nor can drag slow it down more: the acceleration is thus exactly 0, but the speed is not.
Top 5 Priorities:
1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) BW II VS-18 Powerhug vs. Autocrusher
3) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
4) RiD Landfill (regular, not the yellow)
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)
Also looking for any clear Arms Microns, like Shadow (Gora & R.A.), Hellflame and Shining (O.P. and R.A.).Preparing to move to the US!
- JelZe GoldRabbit =:3
- God Of Transformers
- Posts: 12,177
- News Credits: 18
- Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:45 am
- Location: Delft, the Netherlands; McKinney, Texas, USA
- Strength: 5
- Intelligence: 9
- Speed: 8
- Endurance: 7
- Rank: 1
- Courage: 6
- Skill: 5
Terminal velocity is the speed the guy is going when he hits the ground.
Sorry about the smartass answer but the question was over my head.
- Gestalt Team Leader
- Posts: 903
- Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:47 pm
Return to General Discussion