Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Political Correctness Strikes again....

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Transformers 3 is scheduled to be released on July 1st, 2011. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Political Correctness Strikes again....

Postby 5150 Cruiser » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:32 pm

Motto: "If it first you don't succeed,.. Sky diving is not for you!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled Self-Propelled Rocket Launcher
Prime Riblet wrote:I personally found nothing disrespectful in the second movie as far as the twins go. I won't say the assertions were ridiculous, but I think people read WAY TOO MUCH into that situation. Just like people are with this movie. Jamaican? Wow. Just wow.


Agreed 100%. People will see what they want to see.
Decepticons... Com in get yo ice cream!.... And then get yo ass whop'in!!

Suck my popsicle!! :p

Shadowman wrote:I will put forth the theory that it was the internet itself trying to punch him in the face.
User avatar
5150 Cruiser
Headmaster
Posts: 1188
News Credits: 5
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:24 pm
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Political Correctness Strikes again....

Postby saucerdo » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:44 pm

It was the decent thing to do, not like Lucas, that gave some sense to Jar Jar (someone gullible enough to talk into the senate favouring Palpatine) until the 3rd episode, after being annoying along three movies (note: not because of any racist stereotype, just because he was incredibly annoying )...
BeastProwl wrote:But why remove them?
saucerdo
Mini-Con
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:23 am

Re: Political Correctness Strikes again....

Postby Autobot032 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:12 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
5150 Cruiser wrote:
Autobot032 wrote: The Wreckers won't be looked down upon because they're based on WASP people. (White Anglo-Saxons) If anything, people will applaud the filmmakers for having them in.


First of, i loved the Wreckers. Probabaly my favorite characters in DOTM. I felt there accents were fitting, but am I the only one who thinks they were given the scotish accents so people in no way shape or form could claim they were stereotypical nascar fans?


Oh, so did I. And I wonder about the accents too. I mean, everything but the voices were there. It was almost too perfect...

5150 Cruiser wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:Political correctness? In these films? No. Sly made a good point about the Dreads in another thread, and he's onto something. I went to see the film a second time, and during the Mexican Standoff scene, some members of the audience murmured "Whoa, dude's an alien Jamaican!" and other references towards Jamaicans. I got it right away, the first time I saw the film, but I didn't feel it was blatant. After Sly's thread and seeing it a second time, I see it plain as day.

Political Correctness and Bayverse? No. Sorry.


1.- I remember when Sly made the initial coment of waiting for someone to make a racial conection with the dreads because they were black and ran fast. I think it was more a joke than anyhing (BUt with him, you can never be to sure :P )

2.- Had he, or the audience memeber made that coment, would you have ever made that conection yourself? And to be fair, i don't see anything derogatory about them anyhow. If anyhing, running faster than Camaro SS and Corvette Stingray is an honor! :lol:

But one thing i can't agree with is Bay being politicly correct. For me, having the twins removed from the movie was a perfect example of this. Wether or not you like/dislike the twins or agree with their behavior, bay and Co. recieved alot of flack. Story wise, it would have made much more sence to include them in some shape or form, but instead, because of a select few, they felt it would just be eaiser to cut them out intirely.


1.) Sly? No, you can never be too sure.

2.) Making the connection... Yeah. Sadly. Crankcase reminded me of one of the vampires from the Twilight saga. (You see him in the previews) Red eyes and everything. Hmm...was Bay trying to make one of them instead? Dang it. Now that's gonna rattle around in my head.

3.) Bay? Political Correctness? I dare say nay. Bay laughs in the face of PC. I commend him for it. I'm a little tired of the whole PC thing. The labels allow you to say the worst possible thing in the nicest way. I'd much rather people quit pulling their punches and let it all out.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
News Staff
Posts: 8789
News Credits: 39
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:51 am
Location: I don't know!
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Re: Political Correctness Strikes again....

Postby BeastProwl » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:12 am

Motto: "Planet Exploder"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
Autobot032 wrote:
5150 Cruiser wrote:
Autobot032 wrote: The Wreckers won't be looked down upon because they're based on WASP people. (White Anglo-Saxons) If anything, people will applaud the filmmakers for having them in.


First of, i loved the Wreckers. Probabaly my favorite characters in DOTM. I felt there accents were fitting, but am I the only one who thinks they were given the scotish accents so people in no way shape or form could claim they were stereotypical nascar fans?


Oh, so did I. And I wonder about the accents too. I mean, everything but the voices were there. It was almost too perfect...

5150 Cruiser wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:Political correctness? In these films? No. Sly made a good point about the Dreads in another thread, and he's onto something. I went to see the film a second time, and during the Mexican Standoff scene, some members of the audience murmured "Whoa, dude's an alien Jamaican!" and other references towards Jamaicans. I got it right away, the first time I saw the film, but I didn't feel it was blatant. After Sly's thread and seeing it a second time, I see it plain as day.

Political Correctness and Bayverse? No. Sorry.


1.- I remember when Sly made the initial coment of waiting for someone to make a racial conection with the dreads because they were black and ran fast. I think it was more a joke than anyhing (BUt with him, you can never be to sure :P )

2.- Had he, or the audience memeber made that coment, would you have ever made that conection yourself? And to be fair, i don't see anything derogatory about them anyhow. If anyhing, running faster than Camaro SS and Corvette Stingray is an honor! :lol:

But one thing i can't agree with is Bay being politicly correct. For me, having the twins removed from the movie was a perfect example of this. Wether or not you like/dislike the twins or agree with their behavior, bay and Co. recieved alot of flack. Story wise, it would have made much more sence to include them in some shape or form, but instead, because of a select few, they felt it would just be eaiser to cut them out intirely.


1.) Sly? No, you can never be too sure.

2.) Making the connection... Yeah. Sadly. Crankcase reminded me of one of the vampires from the Twilight saga. (You see him in the previews) Red eyes and everything. Hmm...was Bay trying to make one of them instead? Dang it. Now that's gonna rattle around in my head.

3.) Bay? Political Correctness? I dare say nay. Bay laughs in the face of PC. I commend him for it. I'm a little tired of the whole PC thing. The labels allow you to say the worst possible thing in the nicest way. I'd much rather people quit pulling their punches and let it all out.


EXACTLY! Who cares? If there was SOME way to go back in time and bring the twins back, I would. Political Correctness, though, like you said, Isn't exactly an exercise for Bay, did, In my honest Opinion, get the twins kicked off stage.
My PSN: BeastProwl
Image

Come read my Photocomic! It totally doesn't suck!

Va'al wrote:PCCs are not only desirable, they are adorable. [-(

Fanboy wrote:You need to see the figure, feel the figure , lick the figure , be the figure,
And only then can you love mp 01 the way I have.
User avatar
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6076
News Credits: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: The Badass Crater of Badassitude
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: Political Correctness Strikes again....

Postby shamone » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:42 pm

delighted twins were kicked off the movie

a victory for political correctness
shamone
Combiner
Posts: 459
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:33 pm

Re: Political Correctness Strikes again....

Postby 5150 Cruiser » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:40 pm

Motto: "If it first you don't succeed,.. Sky diving is not for you!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled Self-Propelled Rocket Launcher
shamone wrote:delighted twins were kicked off the movie

a victory for political correctness


And a lose for continuity.
Decepticons... Com in get yo ice cream!.... And then get yo ass whop'in!!

Suck my popsicle!! :p

Shadowman wrote:I will put forth the theory that it was the internet itself trying to punch him in the face.
User avatar
5150 Cruiser
Headmaster
Posts: 1188
News Credits: 5
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:24 pm
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Political Correctness Strikes again....

Postby shamone » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:34 pm

5150 Cruiser wrote:
shamone wrote:delighted twins were kicked off the movie

a victory for political correctness


And a lose for continuity.


im sorry bu there is only response to that

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
shamone
Combiner
Posts: 459
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:33 pm

Re: Political Correctness Strikes again....

Postby Autobot032 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:06 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
shamone wrote:
5150 Cruiser wrote:
shamone wrote:delighted twins were kicked off the movie

a victory for political correctness


And a lose for continuity.


im sorry bu there is only response to that

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


You're not sorry. Stop it. You're an instigator and you know it.

You have no right to mock his opinion. You don't have to agree with it, but he's entitled to it without having to be treated in this manner.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
News Staff
Posts: 8789
News Credits: 39
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:51 am
Location: I don't know!
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Re: Political Correctness Strikes again....

Postby 5150 Cruiser » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:29 pm

Motto: "If it first you don't succeed,.. Sky diving is not for you!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled Self-Propelled Rocket Launcher
shamone wrote:
5150 Cruiser wrote:
shamone wrote:delighted twins were kicked off the movie

a victory for political correctness


And a lose for continuity.


im sorry bu there is only response to that

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


You complain about people being condencending and disrespectfull and this is your response. Right dude.

Now what i find funny is by your response your basicly saying there is a continumity problem in the movies, constantly bring the movies down for it, yet you support it (continuity) by removing the twins intirely.

Guess its ok as long as its to your benifit.

Autobot032 wrote: You're not sorry. Stop it. You're an instigator and you know it.

You have no right to mock his opinion. You don't have to agree with it, but he's entitled to it without having to be treated in this manner.


Thanks. :D

What gets me is if you don't like the Twins why wouldn't you want to see them get killed? In the book didn't take the hits for Bumble Bee and the other Autobots? (Minus Ironhide of course) At least it would have been an honorable death
Decepticons... Com in get yo ice cream!.... And then get yo ass whop'in!!

Suck my popsicle!! :p

Shadowman wrote:I will put forth the theory that it was the internet itself trying to punch him in the face.
User avatar
5150 Cruiser
Headmaster
Posts: 1188
News Credits: 5
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:24 pm
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Political Correctness Strikes again....

Postby Autobot032 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:15 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
5150 Cruiser wrote:
shamone wrote:
5150 Cruiser wrote:
shamone wrote:delighted twins were kicked off the movie

a victory for political correctness


And a lose for continuity.


im sorry bu there is only response to that

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


You complain about people being condencending and disrespectfull and this is your response. Right dude.

Now what i find funny is by your response your basicly saying there is a continumity problem in the movies, constantly bring the movies down for it, yet you support it (continuity) by removing the twins intirely.

Guess its ok as long as its to your benifit.

Autobot032 wrote: You're not sorry. Stop it. You're an instigator and you know it.

You have no right to mock his opinion. You don't have to agree with it, but he's entitled to it without having to be treated in this manner.


Thanks. :D

What gets me is if you don't like the Twins why wouldn't you want to see them get killed? In the book didn't take the hits for Bumble Bee and the other Autobots? (Minus Ironhide of course) At least it would have been an honorable death


Too true. I can't remember which twin died first, but one of them jumped in the path of the blast to save Bumblebee. The other, enraged by this, tackles Sentinel, gets a few good whacks in before, during and after being shot with the barrel in his mouth. He crumbles and Sentinel brushes him away like nothing had happened and continues his rampage.

People hated the twins so much, they didn't want them to have a hero's redemption. They wanted them gone, no matter the cost. Their hatred is out of control.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
News Staff
Posts: 8789
News Credits: 39
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:51 am
Location: I don't know!
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Re: Political Correctness Strikes again....

Postby nikeprime » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:44 am

Motto: ""Give me your face""
Weapon: Spinning Augers
Its a shame they were removed, because what happens in the novel would of been a perfect redemption for them both.
"Give me your face"
User avatar
nikeprime
Micromaster
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:40 am
Strength: 6
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10
Endurance: 5
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Political Correctness Strikes again....

Postby Noideaforaname » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:34 am

If people had problems with the Twins before, painting them black and killing them off probably wouldn't come across as "redemption."
Image
Krazy 'bout Kreons: Customs ~ Photos ~ Art
My deviantART
User avatar
Noideaforaname
Gestalt
Posts: 2289
News Credits: 5
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:31 pm

Re: Political Correctness Strikes again....

Postby Biddybot » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:31 am

I've never minded the Twins. I guess I see them more as part of a much broader stereotype than some people do--they're just Two Stupid Guys to me. Bill and Ted, Beavis and Butthead, the nontalking Darryl brothers from the Newhart show (the third brother was relatively 'bright' by comparison), the two twits from the Dumb And Dumber movies, hell, even Cheech and Chong, if you want to go back that far...all examples of Two Stupid Guys and their relationships to one another or their specific racial types or even their species don't much matter. Two Stupid Guys should not be confused with Two Dumb Gals or The Idiot Couple or the more solitary, case-by-case Bimbo and Bozo stereotypes.

Stupidity doesn't necessarily negate courage either. Chalk me up as another person who would've enjoyed watching the Twins go out in a dissolve of glory fighting Sentinel Prime.
User avatar
Biddybot
Micromaster
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:51 am

Re: Political Correctness Strikes again....

Postby Optimus1138 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:41 pm

Motto: "Where I'm going, I don't need roads!"
Weapon: Energy Blades
I think it would've been good to show their deaths to show how evil and dangerous Sentinel is.

Noideaforaname wrote:If people had problems with the Twins before, painting them black and killing them off probably wouldn't come across as "redemption."


If they died heroically enough, that could "redeem" them in some people's eyes.
Image
User avatar
Optimus1138
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 592
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:44 pm
Location: United States
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: Political Correctness Strikes again....

Postby BeastProwl » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:47 pm

Motto: "Planet Exploder"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
Optimus1138 wrote:I think it would've been good to show their deaths to show how evil and dangerous Sentinel is.

Noideaforaname wrote:If people had problems with the Twins before, painting them black and killing them off probably wouldn't come across as "redemption."


If they died heroically enough, that could "redeem" them in some people's eyes.

It would have in mine, especially if they got the audience to bond with them alittle first! they would be warriors by this point in time,and if it was anything like Q's death, then I would have cried, probably.
My PSN: BeastProwl
Image

Come read my Photocomic! It totally doesn't suck!

Va'al wrote:PCCs are not only desirable, they are adorable. [-(

Fanboy wrote:You need to see the figure, feel the figure , lick the figure , be the figure,
And only then can you love mp 01 the way I have.
User avatar
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6076
News Credits: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: The Badass Crater of Badassitude
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: Political Correctness Strikes again....

Postby shamone » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:57 am

Autobot032 wrote:
shamone wrote:
5150 Cruiser wrote:
shamone wrote:delighted twins were kicked off the movie

a victory for political correctness


And a lose for continuity.


im sorry bu there is only response to that

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


You're not sorry. Stop it. You're an instigator and you know it.

You have no right to mock his opinion. You don't have to agree with it, but he's entitled to it without having to be treated in this manner.


no i really am sorry, sorry that fans care mor about continuity than bay

i wasnt laughing at his opinion, just that he thinks the twins ruin the continuity

what about jolt, potentially one of the arcees, barricade in the second movie

none of those were removed because of political correctness were they
shamone
Combiner
Posts: 459
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:33 pm

Re: Political Correctness Strikes again....

Postby BeastProwl » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:30 am

Motto: "Planet Exploder"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
shamone wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:
shamone wrote:
5150 Cruiser wrote:
shamone wrote:delighted twins were kicked off the movie

a victory for political correctness


And a lose for continuity.


im sorry bu there is only response to that

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


You're not sorry. Stop it. You're an instigator and you know it.

You have no right to mock his opinion. You don't have to agree with it, but he's entitled to it without having to be treated in this manner.


no i really am sorry, sorry that fans care mor about continuity than bay

i wasnt laughing at his opinion, just that he thinks the twins ruin the continuity

what about jolt, potentially one of the arcees, barricade in the second movie

none of those were removed because of political correctness were they

Theres been enough bitching about arcee, she didnt make the cut cause she wouldnt fit, and like jolt, wasnt supposed to be in the third film from the get go. it's not like she was in the movie and edited out for some dumb reason. barricade came back in 3 huh? Yeah, and jolt was just a chevy volt product placement, and we were told from the beginning that he didnt make the cut. the twins were bitched out of the film!
My PSN: BeastProwl
Image

Come read my Photocomic! It totally doesn't suck!

Va'al wrote:PCCs are not only desirable, they are adorable. [-(

Fanboy wrote:You need to see the figure, feel the figure , lick the figure , be the figure,
And only then can you love mp 01 the way I have.
User avatar
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6076
News Credits: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: The Badass Crater of Badassitude
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: Political Correctness Strikes again....

Postby shamone » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:34 am

BeastProwl wrote:
shamone wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:
shamone wrote:
5150 Cruiser wrote:
shamone wrote:delighted twins were kicked off the movie

a victory for political correctness


And a lose for continuity.


im sorry bu there is only response to that

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


You're not sorry. Stop it. You're an instigator and you know it.

You have no right to mock his opinion. You don't have to agree with it, but he's entitled to it without having to be treated in this manner.


no i really am sorry, sorry that fans care mor about continuity than bay

i wasnt laughing at his opinion, just that he thinks the twins ruin the continuity

what about jolt, potentially one of the arcees, barricade in the second movie

none of those were removed because of political correctness were they

Theres been enough bitching about arcee, she didnt make the cut cause she wouldnt fit, and like jolt, wasnt supposed to be in the third film from the get go. it's not like she was in the movie and edited out for some dumb reason. barricade came back in 3 huh? Yeah, and jolt was just a chevy volt product placement, and we were told from the beginning that he didnt make the cut. the twins were bitched out of the film!


well i dont blame bay for the continuity flaw of the twins, if the reason the coninuity error is because the editors included scenes with the twins

that was just ****** and shoddy
shamone
Combiner
Posts: 459
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:33 pm

Re: Political Correctness Strikes again....

Postby Marcdachamp » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:13 pm

5150 Cruiser wrote:
Autobot032 wrote: The Wreckers won't be looked down upon because they're based on WASP people. (White Anglo-Saxons) If anything, people will applaud the filmmakers for having them in.


First of, i loved the Wreckers. Probabaly my favorite characters in DOTM. I felt there accents were fitting, but am I the only one who thinks they were given the scotish accents so people in no way shape or form could claim they were stereotypical nascar fans?


Yeah, you probably are the only one who thinks that. :grin:

The Wreckers had accents that originated from the UK because the Wreckers first appeared in comics from the UK. It was a nod to their history.
Check out my webcomic, Kid Robo, every Monday at http://www.grayhavencomics.comImage
Marcdachamp
Pretender
Posts: 749
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:54 pm

Re: Political Correctness Strikes again....

Postby ScreamerFTW » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:50 pm

Motto: "Stay silent, then fire away !"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
What gets me is if you don't like the Twins why wouldn't you want to see them get killed? In the book didn't take the hits for Bumble Bee and the other Autobots? (Minus Ironhide of course) At least it would have been an honorable death

Too true. I can't remember which twin died first, but one of them jumped in the path of the blast to save Bumblebee. The other, enraged by this, tackles Sentinel, gets a few good whacks in before, during and after being shot with the barrel in his mouth. He crumbles and Sentinel brushes him away like nothing had happened and continues his rampage.

People hated the twins so much, they didn't want them to have a hero's redemption. They wanted them gone, no matter the cost. Their hatred is out of control.


Now I'm thinking of how awesome it would be if he took the Novel into consideration and had Bumblebee die (because of no Twins) to show that political correctness ruins everything.... that would make me laugh pretty hard
Last edited by ScreamerFTW on Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

THE PRIME KILLERS
ScreamerFTW
Mini-Con
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 5:09 pm
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 4
Firepower: 7
Skill: Infinity

Re: Political Correctness Strikes again....

Postby Autobot032 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:51 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Marcdachamp wrote:
5150 Cruiser wrote:
Autobot032 wrote: The Wreckers won't be looked down upon because they're based on WASP people. (White Anglo-Saxons) If anything, people will applaud the filmmakers for having them in.


First of, i loved the Wreckers. Probabaly my favorite characters in DOTM. I felt there accents were fitting, but am I the only one who thinks they were given the scotish accents so people in no way shape or form could claim they were stereotypical nascar fans?


Yeah, you probably are the only one who thinks that. :grin:

The Wreckers had accents that originated from the UK because the Wreckers first appeared in comics from the UK. It was a nod to their history.


I sincerely doubt it was that. I'm guessing it was to keep the bitchers at bay. (No pun intended.)
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
News Staff
Posts: 8789
News Credits: 39
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:51 am
Location: I don't know!
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Re: Political Correctness Strikes again....

Postby SlyTF1 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:57 pm

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Autobot032 wrote:
Marcdachamp wrote:
5150 Cruiser wrote:
Autobot032 wrote: The Wreckers won't be looked down upon because they're based on WASP people. (White Anglo-Saxons) If anything, people will applaud the filmmakers for having them in.


First of, i loved the Wreckers. Probabaly my favorite characters in DOTM. I felt there accents were fitting, but am I the only one who thinks they were given the scotish accents so people in no way shape or form could claim they were stereotypical nascar fans?


Yeah, you probably are the only one who thinks that. :grin:

The Wreckers had accents that originated from the UK because the Wreckers first appeared in comics from the UK. It was a nod to their history.


I sincerely doubt it was that. I'm guessing it was to keep the bitchers at bay. (No pun intended.)


This.
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Posts: 4011
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Political Correctness Strikes again....

Postby Marcdachamp » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:05 pm

Autobot032 wrote:I sincerely doubt it was that. I'm guessing it was to keep the bitchers at bay. (No pun intended.)


Why would you doubt it was that? They made a couple nods to the comics, including using the same name their ship had in the comics.
Check out my webcomic, Kid Robo, every Monday at http://www.grayhavencomics.comImage
Marcdachamp
Pretender
Posts: 749
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:54 pm

Re: Political Correctness Strikes again....

Postby Autobot032 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:20 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Marcdachamp wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:I sincerely doubt it was that. I'm guessing it was to keep the bitchers at bay. (No pun intended.)


Why would you doubt it was that? They made a couple nods to the comics, including using the same name their ship had in the comics.


The honest truth? Bay usually doesn't go for fanwank, period. He most certainly wouldn't go for one that obscure.

I'm almost certain he went for rednecks, but at the last minute just decided to stop the potential backlash.

If I'm wrong, so be it, but I have a feeling this is the honest story.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
News Staff
Posts: 8789
News Credits: 39
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:51 am
Location: I don't know!
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Re: Political Correctness Strikes again....

Postby 5150 Cruiser » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:08 pm

Motto: "If it first you don't succeed,.. Sky diving is not for you!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled Self-Propelled Rocket Launcher
shamone wrote:
no i really am sorry, sorry that fans care mor about continuity than bay

i wasnt laughing at his opinion, just that he thinks the twins ruin the continuity

what about jolt, potentially one of the arcees, barricade in the second movie

none of those were removed because of political correctness were they


Your not getting my point. Arcee was not planned to be in DOTM. Neither was Jolt. The point is the twins for all intents and purposes were in the 3rd movie. They were filmed in scenes, they were writen in the script and they served a purpose. Then they were removed because political correctness. So in this case i'd put it more on fans about continuity than Bay.
Decepticons... Com in get yo ice cream!.... And then get yo ass whop'in!!

Suck my popsicle!! :p

Shadowman wrote:I will put forth the theory that it was the internet itself trying to punch him in the face.
User avatar
5150 Cruiser
Headmaster
Posts: 1188
News Credits: 5
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:24 pm
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Next

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum