Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Poll: Are you content with TFP Smokescreen's toy?

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Moderators: Cryhavok, Supreme Convoy, robofreak

Smokescreen Happy?

Yes
3
11%
No
21
78%
Indifferent
3
11%
 
Total votes : 27

Re: Poll: Are you content with TFP Smokescreen's toy?

Postby NTESHFT » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:46 am

Motto: "60% of the time, it works every time!"
Weapon: Black Magic
He deserves the cartoon mold, it's as simple as that (unless you are Hastak).
Image
User avatar
NTESHFT
Brainmaster
Posts: 1292
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:50 pm
Location: Dirty South
Buy from NTESHFT on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Re: Poll: Are you content with TFP Smokescreen's toy?

Postby Pretender Skywarp » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:47 am

He prolly does deserve his own mould, but the KO one isn't that much of a stretch. The least they could have done was sown major retooling...
Image
User avatar
Pretender Skywarp
City Commander
Posts: 3397
News Credits: 39
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 9:33 am

Re: Poll: Are you content with TFP Smokescreen's toy?

Postby Diem » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:51 pm

I don't really care about the character, so my only beef is that there are better molds that are not lined up for redeco eg. Rumble, Vehicon.
User avatar
Diem
Gestalt
Posts: 2838
News Credits: 35
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:39 am

Re: Poll: Are you content with TFP Smokescreen's toy?

Postby xyl360 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:04 pm

headsortails wrote:He deserves the cartoon mold, it's as simple as that (unless you are Hastak).

I don't think it's possible. His CGI character model on the show is essentially a composite of Bumblebee and Knockout and what looks like a slightly modded Starscream head.

I'm pretty sure that based on that, you can't make a figure that transforms into his car mode from that bot mode, though they could do what they often do and fake some things (fake wheels etc.) to pull something off better than just a repainted Knockout.
Image
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come.

And you will know my name is MEGATRON when I lay my vengeance upon you!
User avatar
xyl360
Gestalt
Posts: 2733
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:54 am

Re: Poll: Are you content with TFP Smokescreen's toy?

Postby RAcast » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:22 pm

Motto: "Can't stop, so what! That's how I like it!"
Weapon: Rocket Launcher
Even in the show, he's basically a retool of Knock Out, if an extensive one, and I'm okay with that! Knock Out and Smokescreen both look GREAT.

HOWEVER, I'm not okay with AM Smokescreen being a REDECO with a new head or otherwise. I don't care how it's painted, it doesn't look like Smokescreen. It wouldn't even be that difficult of a remolding, either.
Last edited by RAcast on Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
RAcast
Gestalt
Posts: 2778
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:26 pm
Location: USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Poll: Are you content with TFP Smokescreen's toy?

Postby Noideaforaname » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:22 pm

I don't care much for the Prime line nor Autobots, so "indifferent".

His character model does seem very "Knock Out with a different head and slightly different but still same-toy build", kinda like how Blackarachnia was to Tarantulas.
Krazy 'bout Kreons
Customs // Photos // Art // Parts Database
User avatar
Noideaforaname
Gestalt
Posts: 2054
News Credits: 5
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:31 pm

Re: Poll: Are you content with TFP Smokescreen's toy?

Postby xyl360 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:27 pm

RAcast wrote:Even in the show, he's basically a retool of Knock Out, if an extensive one, and I'm okay with that! Knock Out and Smokescreen both look GREAT.

HOWEVER, I'm not okay with AM Smokescreen being a REDECO with a new head or otherwise. I don't care how it's painted, it doesn't look like Smokescreen!

Right, but that's kinda my point. How could you possibly retool Knockout into Smokescreen? He needs doors on his back (can't do that with Knockout, at least not without kitbashing or partsforming because that's where the wheels are) and he has Bumblebee's arms (again, due to how Knockout's mold works, his doors must become his arms and there's no room inside that tiny car mode of his to fit a pair of arms inside of doors).

What they could do is possibly an extensive retool of Bumblebee, somehow changing how the chest trasforms so that he doesn't end up with the front end up there and the rest would pretty much be fine.

Either way, I think either option is too extensive and he just flat out needs his own completely unique/built from scratch mold. Neither Bumblebee or Knockout would work for retools based on how each of them transforms.
Image
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come.

And you will know my name is MEGATRON when I lay my vengeance upon you!
User avatar
xyl360
Gestalt
Posts: 2733
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:54 am

Re: Poll: Are you content with TFP Smokescreen's toy?

Postby Autobot032 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:33 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Uh...you guys do know that Hasbro hinted at a Deluxe Class Smokescreen with an original mold design, at NYCC, right?
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
News Staff
Posts: 8463
News Credits: 37
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:51 am
Location: I don't know!
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Re: Poll: Are you content with TFP Smokescreen's toy?

Postby xyl360 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:55 am

Autobot032 wrote:Uh...you guys do know that Hasbro hinted at a Deluxe Class Smokescreen with an original mold design, at NYCC, right?

Yep, I remember. My fingers are crossed but I'm not holding my breath. By the time anything not yet announced would come out, it will be part of the Beast Hunters line, meaning it's likely to be covered in spikes etc. like the retools of the existing figures/characters are. I'm not saying that's a bad thing (I think the Beast Hunters Autobots look pretty cool myself), but it does mean that if I'm right, we still won't have a screen accurate version of Smokescreen as he originally appeared in the show.
Image
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come.

And you will know my name is MEGATRON when I lay my vengeance upon you!
User avatar
xyl360
Gestalt
Posts: 2733
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:54 am

Re: Poll: Are you content with TFP Smokescreen's toy?

Postby RAcast » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:18 am

Motto: "Can't stop, so what! That's how I like it!"
Weapon: Rocket Launcher
xyl360 wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:Uh...you guys do know that Hasbro hinted at a Deluxe Class Smokescreen with an original mold design, at NYCC, right?

Yep, I remember. My fingers are crossed but I'm not holding my breath. By the time anything not yet announced would come out, it will be part of the Beast Hunters line, meaning it's likely to be covered in spikes etc. like the retools of the existing figures/characters are. I'm not saying that's a bad thing (I think the Beast Hunters Autobots look pretty cool myself), but it does mean that if I'm right, we still won't have a screen accurate version of Smokescreen as he originally appeared in the show.

Yeahh, if Takara isn't doing a screen-accurate Smokescreen, what hope do we have of getting one from Hasbro? :\ I'm all for the spikey retools, they look great and appeal to the Monster Hunter fan in me, but not getting a screen accurate mold of a MAJOR character is pretty inexcusable.
User avatar
RAcast
Gestalt
Posts: 2778
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:26 pm
Location: USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Poll: Are you content with TFP Smokescreen's toy?

Postby paul053 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:09 am

Indifferent for now. I haven't seen season 2 yet. When will the DVD come out?
User avatar
paul053
Brainmaster
Posts: 1430
News Credits: 2
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:02 am
Location: Plymouth, MN
Buy from paul053 on eBay

Re: Poll: Are you content with TFP Smokescreen's toy?

Postby Rhinox23 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:31 am

paul053 wrote:Indifferent for now. I haven't seen season 2 yet. When will the DVD come out?


DVD release date is 11/20 and Blu-Ray is 11/27. So, not too far off!
User avatar
Rhinox23
Fuzor
Posts: 253
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:26 pm
Location: Georgia, USA
Buy from Rhinox23 on eBay

Re: Poll: Are you content with TFP Smokescreen's toy?

Postby PrymeStriker » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:25 am

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
Image
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5364
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Poll: Are you content with TFP Smokescreen's toy?

Postby paul053 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:41 am

Rhinox23 wrote:
paul053 wrote:Indifferent for now. I haven't seen season 2 yet. When will the DVD come out?


DVD release date is 11/20 and Blu-Ray is 11/27. So, not too far off!

Hah! Thanks. Wondering why they set the date different. Season 1 was on the same day.
User avatar
paul053
Brainmaster
Posts: 1430
News Credits: 2
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:02 am
Location: Plymouth, MN
Buy from paul053 on eBay

Re: Poll: Are you content with TFP Smokescreen's toy?

Postby PrymeStriker » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:33 am

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
paul053 wrote:
Rhinox23 wrote:
paul053 wrote:Indifferent for now. I haven't seen season 2 yet. When will the DVD come out?


DVD release date is 11/20 and Blu-Ray is 11/27. So, not too far off!

Hah! Thanks. Wondering why they set the date different. Season 1 was on the same day.


Here's Smokescreen, by the way.

Image
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5364
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Poll: Are you content with TFP Smokescreen's toy?

Postby RodimalToyota » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:51 pm

It's Hasbro, Sense is not part of their scheme.
Check out my Blog for cool info on Japanese on goings! (still under Constructicon control )
http://theiaconlifestyle.blogspot.com/

LOOKING FOR my Grail.

******MIB or MISB G1 Countdown******
User avatar
RodimalToyota
Pretender
Posts: 750
News Credits: 5
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:57 pm

Re: Poll: Are you content with TFP Smokescreen's toy?

Postby Mkall » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:47 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
RodimalToyota wrote:It's Hasbro, Sense is not part of their scheme.

Oh they have sense, it's just a different sense than what we fans have.
Image

My Collection! Updated April 21, 2013
User avatar
Mkall
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13690
News Credits: 35
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:50 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Re: Poll: Are you content with TFP Smokescreen's toy?

Postby datguy86 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:38 pm

Motto: "SHEEAGH!"
Mkall wrote:
RodimalToyota wrote:It's Hasbro, Sense is not part of their scheme.

Oh they have sense, it's just a different sense than what we fans have.


Nonsense is not sense.

Though as much as I dislike the character, a toy would have been nice. But Breakdown, Unicron, Jet Vehicon, and Silas Breakdown releases would also have been swell as well.
Image

Actively Searching: Universe 2.0 Ratchet, Universe 2.0 Inferno, Hasbro Masterpiece Starscream
datguy86
Vehicon
Posts: 385
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:18 pm
Location: Pennsyltucky
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 5
Rank: 3
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 6

Re: Poll: Are you content with TFP Smokescreen's toy?

Postby tmk9883 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:22 pm

Seems like a like a people like him enough to buy him. He is sold out at BBTS and TFSource. I was on the fence and was surprised he sold out so fast. I was surprised they made new molds for Kup/Ironhide and Frenzy/Rumble.
tmk9883
Fuzor
Posts: 229
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:36 am
Buy from tmk9883 on eBay

Re: Poll: Are you content with TFP Smokescreen's toy?

Postby PrymeStriker » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:58 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
tmk9883 wrote:Seems like a like a people like him enough to buy him.


Like Combo x3
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5364
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #90 - Dark Scorponok
Twincast / Podcast #90:
"Dark Scorponok"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, April 7th, 2014