Portal 2 Map Editor to be released today!!!

This is the forum to discuss all of those video games you love playing or that are coming out. From Transformers video games to Fighting games to Sports games ... whatever makes you a happy Seibertronian. Just keep it the topics and conversations game and console related.

Portal 2 Map Editor to be released today!!!

Postby #Sideways# » Tue May 08, 2012 12:34 pm

Motto: "Wake up. Wake up and smell the ashes."
Weapon: Dual Compression Cannons
That's right, the Portal Franchise is getting a shiny new editor! You can now create and publish test chambers easily to the Steam Workshop like Skyrim! Don't listen to me, listen to the man himself! Cave Johnson! (And don't mention Lemons.)



Y U NO RELEASE YET :BANG_HEAD:
Image

"I don't stink, but I am silent but deadly!" ~One of the many reasons I like Sideways.
User avatar
#Sideways#
Brainmaster
Posts: 1447
News Credits: 17
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:18 pm
Location: Planet X
Watch #Sideways# on YouTube
Alt Mode: Motorcycle
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: ???
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: Portal 2 Map Editor to be released today!!!

Postby Shadowman » Tue May 08, 2012 1:02 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
In the squid universe, soylent green is lobster. Good to know. Thanks again, Aperture Science!

And I can't wait to build me some maps. I had a really good idea involving an entire floor covered in repulsion gel. Bouncy-floor basketball? You betcha!
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 29983
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 5:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Portal 2 Map Editor to be released today!!!

Postby #Sideways# » Tue May 08, 2012 3:07 pm

Motto: "Wake up. Wake up and smell the ashes."
Weapon: Dual Compression Cannons
Shadowman wrote:In the squid universe, soylent green is lobster. Good to know. Thanks again, Aperture Science!

And I can't wait to build me some maps. I had a really good idea involving an entire floor covered in repulsion gel. Bouncy-floor basketball? You betcha!


Cool.

We ought to do a build-off on the forums! People send in their maps and Mods judge the maps. Then, after deliberation, a winner is picked and a prize is given! :-?

Anyway, off to make some maps!
Image

"I don't stink, but I am silent but deadly!" ~One of the many reasons I like Sideways.
User avatar
#Sideways#
Brainmaster
Posts: 1447
News Credits: 17
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:18 pm
Location: Planet X
Watch #Sideways# on YouTube
Alt Mode: Motorcycle
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: ???
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: Portal 2 Map Editor to be released today!!!

Postby Shadowman » Tue May 08, 2012 6:25 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Behold! it has nothing to do with the test I mentioned earlier, nor does it have any lasers, which I had intended for. But I made it, I tested it, I tested IN it, and despite appearances, yes, you CAN beat it.

It's just really tricky. Hell, I made it and even I have some trouble with it.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 29983
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 5:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Portal 2 Map Editor to be released today!!!

Postby #Sideways# » Wed May 09, 2012 1:49 pm

Motto: "Wake up. Wake up and smell the ashes."
Weapon: Dual Compression Cannons
Shadowman wrote:Behold! it has nothing to do with the test I mentioned earlier, nor does it have any lasers, which I had intended for. But I made it, I tested it, I tested IN it, and despite appearances, yes, you CAN beat it.

It's just really tricky. Hell, I made it and even I have some trouble with it.


Ehhh, I guess I will go ahead and post mine.

BEHOLD! Mah first test chamber.

Enjoy!
Image

"I don't stink, but I am silent but deadly!" ~One of the many reasons I like Sideways.
User avatar
#Sideways#
Brainmaster
Posts: 1447
News Credits: 17
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:18 pm
Location: Planet X
Watch #Sideways# on YouTube
Alt Mode: Motorcycle
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: ???
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: Portal 2 Map Editor to be released today!!!

Postby Shadowman » Mon May 14, 2012 12:27 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."


If you don't want 25 minutes of Cave Johnson, then you also must not want 25 minutes of having a job because you are fired.

EDIT: Also includes Cave Johnson, Alternate Universe Cave Johnson, Dark Cave Johnson, Computer Cave Johnson, Cat Cave Johnson, Mantis Man Cave Johnson, Michigan Slim Johnson, Space Warden Cave Johnson, Being of Pure Light Cave Johnson, CEO of Black Mesa Cave Johnson, Cavina Johnson, Cave Johnson having been fired by Doug Rattman, and Greg.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 29983
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 5:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Portal 2 Map Editor to be released today!!!

Postby #Sideways# » Wed May 16, 2012 2:14 pm

Motto: "Wake up. Wake up and smell the ashes."
Weapon: Dual Compression Cannons
Shadowman wrote:

If you don't want 25 minutes of Cave Johnson, then you also must not want 25 minutes of having a job because you are fired.

EDIT: Also includes Cave Johnson, Alternate Universe Cave Johnson, Dark Cave Johnson, Computer Cave Johnson, Cat Cave Johnson, Mantis Man Cave Johnson, Michigan Slim Johnson, Space Warden Cave Johnson, Being of Pure Light Cave Johnson, CEO of Black Mesa Cave Johnson, Cavina Johnson, Cave Johnson having been fired by Doug Rattman, and Greg.


That was confusing. But awesome...!
Image

"I don't stink, but I am silent but deadly!" ~One of the many reasons I like Sideways.
User avatar
#Sideways#
Brainmaster
Posts: 1447
News Credits: 17
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:18 pm
Location: Planet X
Watch #Sideways# on YouTube
Alt Mode: Motorcycle
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: ???
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: Portal 2 Map Editor to be released today!!!

Postby Twitchythe3rd » Tue May 29, 2012 5:22 pm

Motto: "I burn and I plunder as it suits my desire."
Weapon: Fireball Cannon
Chariots Chariots.

One Cave Johnson is awesome enough, but alternate universe Cave Johnsons? It's amazing the multiverse is still in one piece.
Image
The Ultimate Defense Against The Terrorcon Hordes!
Twitchythe3rd
Headmaster
Posts: 1232
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:19 pm
Location: Surrounded by corn.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 7
Endurance: 4
Rank: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7


Return to Video Games and Mobile Apps Forum

Ending Soon On eBay

Takara Transformers Collection # 18 Soundblaster MISB!! - Time Remaining: 6 days 10 hours 34 minutes 52 seconds
Transformers Platinum Year of the Goat Masterpiece Soundwave IN STOCK USA SELLER - Time Remaining: 6 days 16 hours 51 minutes 6 seconds
Grapple ~ 100% Complete 1982 Hasbro Takara Transformers Action Figure Reissue - Time Remaining: 6 days 10 hours 53 minutes 25 seconds
Transformer Perceptor Complete 1985 Vintage Hasbro G1 Transformers Action Figure - Time Remaining: 7 days 3 hours 38 minutes 20 seconds
CM's Transformers Super-god Masterforce Gutto kuru Figure Collection Ginrai New - Time Remaining: 8 days 6 hours 25 minutes 29 seconds
2003Transformers Action Figure G1 Commemorative Series VII Reissue Dirge MISB - Time Remaining: 6 days 11 hours 1 minute 58 seconds
Transformers Titanium Series Scourge - Time Remaining: 6 days 13 hours 4 minutes 27 seconds
Transformers Classics Jetfire - Time Remaining: 6 days 13 hours 49 minutes 23 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory
Twincast / Podcast #156:
"Gestalt Theory"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, September 24th, 2016