Long post, but much to contribute (me hopes).
Kaijubot wrote:Theoretically as common as any other sort of mission, I think, but in practicallity I see far more Max vs Con missions than anything else (aside from a statistical anomaly this morning when I managed to generate two missions against each faction.)
Ok, so how often are they full?
Not nearly enough; frankly its the Maximal missions I'm sure to join because - on average - if a Level 1+ Pred joins the mission first the bandwagon follows and Preds get the victory. Generating the missions against Maximals comes at odd times too, but when I generate one I'll usually generate 2 or 3 more as well.
Aboslute Zero wrote:For the backstory, Rat and I were discussing whether to use canon characters, or pick from people who play the game for the factions and have them be the leaders. I favor using people from the game honestly, because there are no canon characters in HMW. People might use a canon name, they may use a canon background, but I view the game as more of a original universe, with it's own unique characters. For better or worse.
This is precisely where I'd like to come in to help - but with which characters? What I would like
to do is have a handful of Beast teams and/or characters around which the story revolves. Or, alternatively
, we can choose the teams to start including into story as the tournament progresses (victors / large contributors get included). Letting victory determine inclusion isn't a bad idea - but we'd have to structure the tournament such that some padding between segments would allow for writing, revision, and posting BUT it would also mean that a generic introduction can get started immediately.
If we want to let success in tournament mean inclusion in story can we plan to run things day-on then day-off to allow for story progress or is the consensus to choose highlighted leaders early? Also, which Maximals do we kick to get their contributive input over here?
Aboslute Zero wrote:
The premise was taken from Pyschout's post starting off the new era
, with the Beasties developing from the meteor, but since there were beast factions before that event, my idea was that the meteor was actually the beasties returning to cybertron. Rat Convoy had a good idea that was a variation, where the beasties had taken control of Cybertron and the G1ers returned, being the meteor I guess.
During the first day of fighting, the winning side would find the matrix in the offline corpse of (a) Prime, and the fighting would revolve around that, each day would be fighting for control of the matrix, winning faction for the day getting possession of it, and if we could, the first day would determine who had it (winning faction best performer) with each day either the matrix going to either the best of the winner or the one who managed to defeat the current holder the most for the day in the tournament missions.
The original plan was fighting for territory or something, with the matrix coming in at the end and awakening the G1ers (a stray shot hits the matrix, causing it to release a bit of it's power and bringing the offline bots back online, like in DW's G1 series), leading into part two to be run at a later time with all 4 factions fighting for the matrix.
Let the planning shenanigans begin.
* First, let's choose - beasties returning to Seibertron or G1ers returning or meteor causing reaction that brings beasties to life? What's the final vote?
* Second, my understanding is that this tourney determines faction dominance, correct? So for determining daily success, is this done by mission wins or some point system or something else? This leads into the next...
* Third, would all beast players be included as possible matrix holders? If yes, then we could have some random shmuck who never checks the forums be our champ; if no, how do we calculate?
* Fourthly, I'm almost thinking that each participant can submit one mission daily for each character. That way each character contributes in some way to the overall conflict (like fantasy football.... sort of) to determine which faction is winning and we don't then have to deal with the Max/Pred missions being generated inconsistently. For Matrix transfer, what about if when the faction dominance switches sides whomever of the opposing faction got the most kills on the matrix holders team takes the matrix? If we go with 1 mission per character, this should influence which missions are chosen; perhaps missions score points similar to the current Bot/Con? Like...
-- 1pt per kill
-- 3pt per participating character kill
-- 5pt per matrix holder team kill
-- Matrix holder team gets a +1pt bonus for each kill (to balance threat)
-- 2pt sole survivor
-- 2pt top of mission
-- 2pt bonus for 3+ kills (in 6 slot mission)
-- 5pt bonus for all kills (in 6 slot mission)
* Fifthly, prizes; are there volunteer sig creators for various awards? This tourney seems about pride more than anything, so sigs seem appropriate.
-- Matrix Finder (first day holder)
-- Matrix Champion (last day holder)
-- Pred/Max Warrior (most contributive to faction success by points or missions or ...)
-- Chaos Inducer (one who is determined to have caused the G1 return)
Now, last contribution for the moment - my preference would be the asteroid / meteor sparking something on Seibertron itself which begins the beast creation rather than either generation returning; the introduction of organic material on a world that's had time to heal from the G1 conflict which sparks the new creations. But that's primarily because I'm having difficulty imaging where either generation would return from
; give me that and my opinion can easily be swayed.
Edit: On reading AZ's team
I realize he deserve a nut-kicking for stating he cannot write and the meteor / asteroid bringing something would be interesting as, for those stories to hold, it would have to bring something human.