Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Premise for a Live Action Beast Wars "Movie-verse" film

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Transformers 3 is scheduled to be released on July 1st, 2011. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Premise for a Live Action Beast Wars "Movie-verse" film

Postby Janus Prime » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:10 am

So here it is, just an idea:

In an undetermined time in the future Transformers have become nearly extinct. To many races the Transformers are warmongers, so they´re hated among the stars. This situation, along with the lack of energy sources, forces them to create smaller bodys for themselfs, capable of mimicking the appearance of organic beings.

All that remains are the hatchlings (seen in ROTF and DOTM), with every other Autobot and Decepticon long gone. To some Megatron is Cybertron´s greatest hero, the one who kept them alive and did everything in his power to save the planet, they call themselfs Predacons ( :roll: ). To others, Megatron was a mad man and Optimus is their true savior, these are the Maximals.

OK, so a Predacon named Megatron uses a time machine to go back to prehistoric Earth and obtain the energy of the Allspark, so he can become ruler of the known universe. What he doesn´t now is that a group of Maximals infiltrated his organization and traveled along with him.

They arrive shortly after the arrival of the Allspark (10.000 B.C.) and get beast modes, some from living animals, others from fossilized creatures. The Energy Harvester built by the Primes is uselesss without the Matrix, but they use it as a base of operations. Soon they head to retrieve the Allspark. Optimus Primal, disguised as Onix Primal, fears that the tampering of the Allspark may atract the attention of the Cybertronians from that time period, so he and his men unveil their cover and battle the Predacons, traping them inside the Harvester so they can´t get to the future site of the Hoover Dam.

Getting there, the Maximals find that the Allspark isn´t there. The Predacons, better equiped for the mission, scape and find the energy signal from the cube in Antartica, close to the place where Megatron will crash some milennia later. Unable to get there in time the Maximals can only watch the energy outburst caused be the Predacons. The entire planet starts to shake while a power-mad Megatron declares his supremacy over all other sentient beings.

Believing himself to be allmighty, Megatron decides to travel to Cybertron and conquer it, thus changing history and destroying all his enemies before they even exist. As The Cube elevates to the atmosphere, Primal confronts Megatron while the Maximals do everything they can to destroy the Predacons. In an epic final battle on top of the flying Allspark, Megatron savagely beats Optimus, forcing him to open up his spark chamber and merge it with The Cube. The resultant explosion, though not as powerfull as spected, is strong enough to stop the movement of The Cube in midair. Earth´s gravity pulls back the artifact making it crash in what will become Nevada ( ;) ).

With the Predacons scattered across the globe and Primal´s body missing, the surviving Maximals declare, like his Autobots ancestors did or will do, Earth as their new home.

To be continued?
Janus Prime
Fuzor
Posts: 232
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:08 am

Re: Premise for a Live Action Beast Wars "Movie-verse" film

Postby 5150 Cruiser » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:47 am

Motto: "If it first you don't succeed,.. Sky diving is not for you!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled Self-Propelled Rocket Launcher
I think your idea are good and could work for a direct to DVD animated movie, but not as a live action movie. Reason? Beast Wars.
TF have, and will always be known as robots that transform into cars, trucks, etc, with a few fraction teams such as the dinobots being an exception. But i dont see an entire live action beast wars TF. Movie being entertaing, let alone sucessfull. I'm not knock beast wars. I realise that there is an apeal to some, but that is a very, very small minority. Not enough to warrant a live action big budget TF movie. Personaly, if you insist on straying from the norm, i think a movie based on cybertron would not only be a better idea, but fair much better financialy than a Beast Wars movie. But in all TF are far better as vehicles than animals.
Decepticons... Com in get yo ice cream!.... And then get yo ass whop'in!!

Suck my popsicle!! :p

Shadowman wrote:I will put forth the theory that it was the internet itself trying to punch him in the face.
User avatar
5150 Cruiser
Headmaster
Posts: 1188
News Credits: 5
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:24 pm
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Premise for a Live Action Beast Wars "Movie-verse" film

Postby Janus Prime » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:01 pm

I think Beast Wars is as popular as any other TF media. At least it´s not necessarily worst than any other one.

I really can´t think of a reason why a BW movie would be less succesfull than the Bay movies (obviously I´m not talking about my particular idea for it). At least non that concern the premise (beast modes).
Janus Prime
Fuzor
Posts: 232
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:08 am

Re: Premise for a Live Action Beast Wars "Movie-verse" film

Postby DavidT » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:47 pm

Motto: ""Fate Rarely Calls Upon Us At A Moment Of Our Choosing""
I think that a Live-action Beast Wars movie would be awesome. Janus Prime's story isn't bad at all. Beast Wars is considered by many, to be the best Transformer series made! I will always be a G1'er cause of the time I grew up in, but Beast Wars had the best story writing of any series in my opinion, followed by Animated. I disagree that only a minor part of the Transformer community like Beast Wars!
CHECK OUT MY EBAY AUCTIONS Aug. 7 - Aug. 12, 2012: Davidalan26
http://myworld.ebay.com/davidalan26


Check Out My Collection- Updated Sept. 15, 2011: http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=18265

Image
User avatar
DavidT
Brainmaster
Posts: 1439
News Credits: 62
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:58 pm
Location: EAST TEXAS
Buy from DavidT on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Re: Premise for a Live Action Beast Wars "Movie-verse" film

Postby 5150 Cruiser » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:12 pm

Motto: "If it first you don't succeed,.. Sky diving is not for you!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled Self-Propelled Rocket Launcher
Janus Prime wrote:I think Beast Wars is as popular as any other TF media. At least it´s not necessarily worst than any other one.).


In the fandom, yes. To the general public, no.

Janus Prime wrote:I really can´t think of a reason why a BW movie would be less succesfull than the Bay movies (obviously I´m not talking about my particular idea for it). At least non that concern the premise (beast modes).


Beast modes are exactly why they wouldn't be nearly as succesfull as Bay's movies. Tf has always been known for turning into vehicles. Fans are loyal and can accept different concepts from time to time. Any reboot that doesn't relate to what people concider the norm, people (general public) won't relate to. Like it or not, a live action big budget movie needs gneral public aproval to be succesfull.

DavidT wrote:I think that a Live-action Beast Wars movie would be awesome. Janus Prime's story isn't bad at all. Beast Wars is considered by many, to be the best Transformer series made! I will always be a G1'er cause of the time I grew up in, but Beast Wars had the best story writing of any series in my opinion, followed by Animated. I disagree that only a minor part of the Transformer community like Beast Wars!


When i said only a minority approved, i meant in general, and not the fandom. The fandom might have approved, but in cases of live action big budget films, fans opinions are largely ignored.
Personally, i think one or two characters need to be introduced before money is wasted on a live action beast wars flick. Janus Prime's idea's are good (for a direct to DVD movie), but sorry, i don't see a live action Beast wars movie doing well with the general public. No matter how well its writen. Working in a fraction team like the Dino Bots is one thing, but every character as some sort of animal... Nope. Optimus Primal... lame.
Decepticons... Com in get yo ice cream!.... And then get yo ass whop'in!!

Suck my popsicle!! :p

Shadowman wrote:I will put forth the theory that it was the internet itself trying to punch him in the face.
User avatar
5150 Cruiser
Headmaster
Posts: 1188
News Credits: 5
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:24 pm
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Premise for a Live Action Beast Wars "Movie-verse" film

Postby Janus Prime » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:26 am

5150 Cruiser wrote:sorry, i don't see a live action Beast wars movie doing well with the general public.


But production began last week?! Why?! why didn´t I ask 5150 Cruiser before? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!
Janus Prime
Fuzor
Posts: 232
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:08 am

Re: Premise for a Live Action Beast Wars "Movie-verse" film

Postby 5150 Cruiser » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:41 am

Motto: "If it first you don't succeed,.. Sky diving is not for you!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled Self-Propelled Rocket Launcher
Janus Prime wrote:
5150 Cruiser wrote:sorry, i don't see a live action Beast wars movie doing well with the general public.


But production began last week?! Why?! why didn´t I ask 5150 Cruiser before? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!
:lol: :lol:

Didn't you know?? everyone asks my permission before they start a live action production movie of any sort!
Decepticons... Com in get yo ice cream!.... And then get yo ass whop'in!!

Suck my popsicle!! :p

Shadowman wrote:I will put forth the theory that it was the internet itself trying to punch him in the face.
User avatar
5150 Cruiser
Headmaster
Posts: 1188
News Credits: 5
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:24 pm
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Premise for a Live Action Beast Wars "Movie-verse" film

Postby Janus Prime » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:49 pm

5150 Cruiser wrote: :lol: :lol:

Didn't you know?? everyone asks my permission before they start a live action production movie of any sort!


:grin: ... wait, you green lit ROTF? :BOOM:
Janus Prime
Fuzor
Posts: 232
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:08 am

Re: Premise for a Live Action Beast Wars "Movie-verse" film

Postby 5150 Cruiser » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:59 pm

Motto: "If it first you don't succeed,.. Sky diving is not for you!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled Self-Propelled Rocket Launcher
Janus Prime wrote:
5150 Cruiser wrote: :lol: :lol:

Didn't you know?? everyone asks my permission before they start a live action production movie of any sort!


:grin: ... wait, you green lit ROTF? :BOOM:

Yes! :grin: The secert is out! Me,... A fan is to blame not Micheal Bay! The whole thing was an inside job to bring down the respect of the TF franchise! hahaha! 8-}
Decepticons... Com in get yo ice cream!.... And then get yo ass whop'in!!

Suck my popsicle!! :p

Shadowman wrote:I will put forth the theory that it was the internet itself trying to punch him in the face.
User avatar
5150 Cruiser
Headmaster
Posts: 1188
News Credits: 5
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:24 pm
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Premise for a Live Action Beast Wars "Movie-verse" film

Postby Capt.Failure » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:08 pm

5150 Cruiser wrote:
Janus Prime wrote:
5150 Cruiser wrote: :lol: :lol:

Didn't you know?? everyone asks my permission before they start a live action production movie of any sort!


:grin: ... wait, you green lit ROTF? :BOOM:

Yes! :grin: The secert is out! Me,... A fan is to blame not Micheal Bay! The whole thing was an inside job to bring down the respect of the TF franchise! hahaha! 8-}


But fans are to blame. He put everything we wanted in the first movie into RotF and the fans still hated it. This is basic knowledge of the Transformer's fandom: when they get what they want they scream bloody murder about how they didn't want it.

Guess that makes me a hipster for liking it, at least among Transformers fans. :-B
Capt.Failure
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 898
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:06 am

Re: Premise for a Live Action Beast Wars "Movie-verse" film

Postby Rodimus Prime » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:33 pm

Motto: "...and hell followed with him."
Weapon: Twin Photon Blasters
Capt.Failure wrote:But fans are to blame. He put everything we wanted in the first movie into RotF and the fans still hated it. This is basic knowledge of the Transformer's fandom: when they get what they want they scream bloody murder about how they didn't want it.


I wholeheartedly disagree. You wanted leg-humping and Devastator ballz in a TF movie? I didn't, nor do I know of or read about any other fan who did/would. That was Bay and his idiotic humor. The blame goes to Bay and the writers. The fans wanted an improvement on the first film (even if very little needed to be improved on) and got...RoTF. **** story, **** humor, **** characters and a shit-load of money. Such is the norm for summer blockbusters.

As for a Beast Wars movie, I would love to see one, but unfortunately I have to agree with the direct-to-DVD concept.
............Image
User avatar
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
Posts: 15785
News Credits: 17
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada

Re: Premise for a Live Action Beast Wars "Movie-verse" film

Postby sto_vo_kor_2000 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:57 pm

Motto: "Today is a good day to die......but the day is not yet over!"
Capt.Failure wrote: He put everything we wanted in the first movie into RotF and the fans still hated it.

really?

I didnt see anything I wanted in ROTF, particularly good writing.
Predaprince wrote:I am very thankful to have posters like sto_vo_kor_2000 who is so energetic about improving others' understanding and enjoyment of the TF universe
Stormrider wrote:You often add interesting insights to conversations that makes the fledglings think and challenges even the sharpest minds

T-Macksimus wrote:I consider you and editor to be amongst the most "scholarly" in terms of your knowledge, demeanor and general approach

Image
sto_vo_kor_2000
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7072
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:01 am

Re: Premise for a Live Action Beast Wars "Movie-verse" film

Postby Rodimus Prime » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:23 pm

Motto: "...and hell followed with him."
Weapon: Twin Photon Blasters
sto_vo_kor_2000 wrote:
I didnt see anything I wanted in ROTF, particularly good writing.


My thoughts in 1 sentence, with the exception of the action scenes. Even with the non-existent story, I will admit the forest fight and Bee vs. Rampage and Ravage had me. The final fight not so much.
............Image
User avatar
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
Posts: 15785
News Credits: 17
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada

Re: Premise for a Live Action Beast Wars "Movie-verse" film

Postby dinogeist » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:24 pm

I think this idea would work best as a direct to DVD release Beastwars movie. with other direct to video TF movies like Generations,War for cybertron,fall of cybertron,hearts of steele? animated 1980's G-1 Revisted,a few movie verse pre-quels where everything take place on cybertron in the past,etc...
User avatar
dinogeist
Godmaster
Posts: 1621
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:55 pm

Re: Premise for a Live Action Beast Wars "Movie-verse" film

Postby cotss2012 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:04 am

Live Action Beast Wars


No. As Starscream said to Megatron in The Ultimate Doom, "your plan is unworkable!"

How can you make a live-action movie without live actors?
I do not blame Michael Bay for crapping all over a huge part of my childhood. He just directed the scripts that were given to him. I blame Orci, Kurtzman, and Krueger, who seem completely incapable of concocting a story that even halfway makes sense.

RiddlerJ wrote:Each one will come with an autographed picture of Michael Bay sitting on top of a huge pile of money.
cotss2012
Vehicon
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:58 pm


Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #105 - Megatronus
Twincast / Podcast #105:
"Megatronus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, November 23rd, 2014