The biggest problem I had with this mold is the cockpit looming over the back of her head. So I took a shot at fixing it and it was easier than I thought. Sorry about the crappy quality, I only have a 3DS camera.
She looks a lot better this way and since the cockpit section sits lower on her body it doesn't interfere with her articulation as much.
I opened it up an separated the part her head is attached to from the sliding mechanism with a saw. Then I glued he head in place where it is in robot mode. I also cut the pilot seat of her head since it just got in the way and looked stupid.
While I was at it I cut off that weird warty-nub thing on her rotor blade that just got in the way. When I did that I found that when you attach the rotor upside down on her cockpit it looks a lot better.
I also cut off the little tabs on her arm panels that was keeping her hand from fully extending. It even hides that hole in her hand a bit.
She still transforms, but I had to take a dremel to the inside of her upper should panels to make room for the head. The only real downside is she has a bit of the old exposed head syndrome. I don't mind because from underneath she looks like she's laying in a coffin. Which is pretty freakin awesome.