PS3 Stranglehold uh... strangled?

This is the forum to discuss all of those video games you love playing or that are coming out. From Transformers video games to Fighting games to Sports games ... whatever makes you a happy Seibertronian. Just keep it the topics and conversations game and console related.

PS3 Stranglehold uh... strangled?

Postby sniper_samurai » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:50 pm

Apparently the first PS3 game to be region locked is Midways Stranglehold, while this is understandable for the special edition as it also contains Hard Boiled but the standard version is also region coded.

Its things like this that annoy us Europeans and why Midway are my least favorite publisher, although it doesn't suprize me as Midway have a proven track record of removing extras and not releasing SEs outside the US. The PS3 is expensive enough here in Europe($870) without having to also pay Euro prices for games($80-$100).

I hope this turns out to be false especially the special edition as the PS3 SE isn't being released outside of the US. This has gotten so convoluted that Midways reps and forum mods don't even have a straight answer.
http://forums.midway.com/all_things_stranglehold/b10788/27179587/p1
Image
Currently Watching:
One Piece
Naruto Shippuden
Bleach
Ergo Proxy
Gundam 00
Yu Yu Hakusho
sniper_samurai
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 924
News Credits: 10
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:05 pm
Location: Wicklow, Ireland

Postby Sonray » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:10 pm

Simple solution: Buy the 360 version instead?
Sonray
City Commander
Posts: 3531
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 5:42 pm

Postby sniper_samurai » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:18 am

Sonray wrote:Simple solution: Buy the 360 version instead?


I will be if I can't get my hands on the PS3 SE as Hard Boiled is an awesome film.
Image
Currently Watching:
One Piece
Naruto Shippuden
Bleach
Ergo Proxy
Gundam 00
Yu Yu Hakusho
sniper_samurai
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 924
News Credits: 10
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:05 pm
Location: Wicklow, Ireland

Postby Sonray » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:27 am

sniper_samurai wrote:
Sonray wrote:Simple solution: Buy the 360 version instead?


I will be if I can't get my hands on the PS3 SE as Hard Boiled is an awesome film.


Already got it on DVD myself :P
Sonray
City Commander
Posts: 3531
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 5:42 pm

Postby sniper_samurai » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:34 am

Sonray wrote:
sniper_samurai wrote:
Sonray wrote:Simple solution: Buy the 360 version instead?


I will be if I can't get my hands on the PS3 SE as Hard Boiled is an awesome film.


Already got it on DVD myself :P


Same here, although I've only got the dubbed version :( . It would still be awesome to have a HD version of it though I would prefer a HD-DVD release as there is no region coding and the format is more flexable than BluRay. For proof look at the extras on the HD-DVD version of 300 compared to the BluRay version.
Image
Currently Watching:
One Piece
Naruto Shippuden
Bleach
Ergo Proxy
Gundam 00
Yu Yu Hakusho
sniper_samurai
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 924
News Credits: 10
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:05 pm
Location: Wicklow, Ireland

Postby Sonray » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:46 am

sniper_samurai wrote:
Sonray wrote:
sniper_samurai wrote:
Sonray wrote:Simple solution: Buy the 360 version instead?


I will be if I can't get my hands on the PS3 SE as Hard Boiled is an awesome film.


Already got it on DVD myself :P


Same here, although I've only got the dubbed version :( . It would still be awesome to have a HD version of it though I would prefer a HD-DVD release as there is no region coding and the format is more flexable than BluRay. For proof look at the extras on the HD-DVD version of 300 compared to the BluRay version.


I dont think my version is dubbed...i could be wrong though but i prefer not to read the movie anyway lol.

Blu-Ray is a waste of time i think. Its a complete overkill and really unecessary (SP?) and im totally not interested in any of this HD stuff right now anyway since i dont have a HD tv.

I think its stupid that Sony forces you to buy a blue-ray player with their console, which just jacks up the price even more. At least microsoft allows people to choose if they want the hd stuff with the add on hd dvd player.
Sonray
City Commander
Posts: 3531
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 5:42 pm


Return to Video Games and Mobile Apps Forum

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Bot Shot Series 1  Autobot Jazz & Autobot Topspin Lot of 2 New - Time Remaining: 7 days 23 hours 32 seconds
TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS EVIL PREDACON TRANSQUITO ~ KENNER 1997   ~ MISB - Time Remaining: 20 days 1 hour 30 minutes 5 seconds
1997 Transformers Beast Wars Fuzors Air Hammer New Hammerhead Shark/Hawk - Time Remaining: 6 days 3 hours 30 minutes 30 seconds
Hasbro 2004 Transformers Universe Ultra Class RAMJET - Time Remaining: 6 days 4 hours 41 minutes 8 seconds
Vintage 1985 Transformers G1 **RUMBLE** Cassette Tape 100% Complete Metal Feet - Time Remaining: 6 days 23 hours 29 minutes 43 seconds
Vintage Complete GRIMLOCK Transformers G1 Pretender - Time Remaining: 6 days 47 minutes 35 seconds
2002 Transformers Voyager Class Armada red Alert+Longarm Mini-con+comic MISB new - Time Remaining: 7 days 9 hours 4 minutes 59 seconds
TRANSFORMERS 2007 1st Movie TARGET Exclusive HARD TOP / SIGNAL FLARE Lot NEW! - Time Remaining: 6 days 11 hours 8 minutes 46 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory
Twincast / Podcast #156:
"Gestalt Theory"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, September 24th, 2016