Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Quakewave Voyager size for 2014

Do you love your new Hercules set? Can't get enough of FansProject's items? Upset that you bought a knock off when you thought you were getting an original? Use this forum to tell everyone your thoughts about TF Knock Offs and 3rd party toys.

Re: Quakewave Voyager size for 2014

Postby NOS » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:54 pm

Meh, I'm rather content with FoC Shockwave. I'll pay attention to the updates, but unless this new 'Quakewave' is around $19.00 and is a massive improvement on the FoC version (which seems impossible in my mind as it is a really decent figure...), I really can't see myself dropping any money on this.
Image
User avatar
NOS
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 946
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:31 am

Re: Quakewave Voyager size for 2014

Postby Rated X » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:27 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
YES !!!!

Dp the voyager !!! Screw the MP !!!
Image

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6003
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: Quakewave Voyager size for 2014

Postby Banjo-Tron » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:51 am

Motto: "My banjo is everything; defeat is ukelele"
...Following my quite disastrous repaint of Energon Shockblast, I'm on board with this
User avatar
Banjo-Tron
Godmaster
Posts: 1690
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:51 am
Location: UK, Surrey

Re: Quakewave Voyager size for 2014

Postby mooncake623 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:23 am

Weapon: Concussion Rifle
HAS/TAK must really Hate them.... looks like theres rumors of a TFP Voyager Shockwave..
Looking for:
Black Big Convoy
Botcon Redux Spark (Pyro)

for Trade:
MISB FE Arcee
MISB RTS G2 Laser Prime
MISB Generation WFC Megatron


Image
User avatar
mooncake623
News Staff
Posts: 2580
News Credits: 79
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:27 am
Location: NYC
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Quakewave Voyager size for 2014

Postby Mkall » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:48 am

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
mooncake623 wrote:HAS/TAK must really Hate them.... looks like theres rumors of a TFP Voyager Shockwave..

Looks like they're confirmed rumours now. I suspect that Has/Tak don't really care about what these guys are planning.

Besides, there will be a market for a purely G1 Voyager Shockwave regardless of what is released in the Prime line.
Image

My Collection! Updated April 21, 2013
User avatar
Mkall
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14080
News Credits: 37
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:50 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Re: Quakewave Voyager size for 2014

Postby mooncake623 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:55 am

Weapon: Concussion Rifle
mooncake623 wrote:HAS/TAK must really Hate them.... looks like theres rumors of a TFP Voyager Shockwave..


Looks like they're confirmed rumours now. I suspect that Has/Tak don't really care about what these guys are planning.

Besides, there will be a market for a purely G1 Voyager Shockwave regardless of what is released in the Prime line.


no I agree they Has/Tak dont care what they do. just seems like these guys are running into alot of bad luck with them.

There will be a market for a voyager Classics Shockwave but if the prime one can stand in and display well with classics which I suspect it will, the market gets that much smaller.
I myself will have to make the decision once I see the two in front of me.
Looking for:
Black Big Convoy
Botcon Redux Spark (Pyro)

for Trade:
MISB FE Arcee
MISB RTS G2 Laser Prime
MISB Generation WFC Megatron


Image
User avatar
mooncake623
News Staff
Posts: 2580
News Credits: 79
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:27 am
Location: NYC
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Quakewave Voyager size for 2014

Postby Mkall » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:59 am

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
mooncake623 wrote:
mooncake623 wrote:HAS/TAK must really Hate them.... looks like theres rumors of a TFP Voyager Shockwave..


Looks like they're confirmed rumours now. I suspect that Has/Tak don't really care about what these guys are planning.

Besides, there will be a market for a purely G1 Voyager Shockwave regardless of what is released in the Prime line.


no I agree they Has/Tak dont care what they do. just seems like these guys are running into alot of bad luck with them.

There will be a market for a voyager Classics Shockwave but if the prime one can stand in and display well with classics which I suspect it will, the market gets that much smaller.
I myself will have to make the decision once I see the two in front of me.

Agreed. These guys are finding out what happens when you take on the A-List of characters. Hasbro usually has plans for the A-List in some form.

Maybe they should start making MP Micromasters and Pretenders instead?
Image

My Collection! Updated April 21, 2013
User avatar
Mkall
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14080
News Credits: 37
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:50 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Re: Quakewave Voyager size for 2014

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:20 pm

I don't think Prime's voyager Shocky will hurt this too badly. Hasbro has less and less paint apps on their stuff and Takara relies too much on stickers. I was terribly disappointed in Gaia Unicron, so my hopes aren't too high for Shockwave.

But, even while saying that, I'm on the fence. Let's see how much this costs. Let's see Prime's voyager Shockwave.
Gauntlet101010
Faction Commander
Posts: 4038
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:13 pm

Re: Quakewave Voyager size for 2014

Postby Rated X » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:30 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
A voyager Shockwave would be great. Just sucks that Hasbro is doing one for TF Prime instead of classics or even FOC. Why is it just the kiddie continuities get a voyager Shockwave ??? (Animated/Prime) Headrobots will have to do a classics upgrade set. But hopefully this will be better.
Image

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6003
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: Quakewave Voyager size for 2014

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:23 pm

Didn't the movie also get a voyager Shockwave? And Animated was a HUGE shoutout to older fans.
Gauntlet101010
Faction Commander
Posts: 4038
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:13 pm

Re: Quakewave Voyager size for 2014

Postby Rated X » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:09 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Gauntlet101010 wrote:Didn't the movie also get a voyager Shockwave? And Animated was a HUGE shoutout to older fans.



I completely forgot about the DOTM version. But I still lump DOTM in the same catagory as kiddie continuities. Not because the movie itself was kiddie, but because the DOTM toyline was mass produced to the extreme for the kids market. I wish they would push classics the way they pushed Bayformers/TF Prime.
Image

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6003
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: Quakewave Voyager size for 2014

Postby mooncake623 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:20 pm

Weapon: Concussion Rifle
A voyager Shockwave would be great. Just sucks that Hasbro is doing one for TF Prime instead of classics or even FOC. Why is it just the kiddie continuities get a voyager Shockwave ??? (Animated/Prime) Headrobots will have to do a classics upgrade set. But hopefully this will be better.


Prime is not kiddie... do you even watch it? why must you attack what you don't personally like? Anyway FOC and prime are aligned continuities both Shockwave have similar aesthetics. so much so Takara is even using FOC shockwave in their Prime Arms Micron line.
Looking for:
Black Big Convoy
Botcon Redux Spark (Pyro)

for Trade:
MISB FE Arcee
MISB RTS G2 Laser Prime
MISB Generation WFC Megatron


Image
User avatar
mooncake623
News Staff
Posts: 2580
News Credits: 79
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:27 am
Location: NYC
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Quakewave Voyager size for 2014

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:27 pm

Rated X wrote:
Gauntlet101010 wrote:Didn't the movie also get a voyager Shockwave? And Animated was a HUGE shoutout to older fans.



I completely forgot about the DOTM version. But I still lump DOTM in the same catagory as kiddie continuities. Not because the movie itself was kiddie, but because the DOTM toyline was mass produced to the extreme for the kids market. I wish they would push classics the way they pushed Bayformers/TF Prime.


Your logic baffles me. I get your point (we all like classics), but not the logic behind it.

Edit: I mean, ALL those toys are aimed at kids. Even the classics lines. Don't delude yourself, we are not their target market. They give us some releases to make us happy, but it HAS to work for kids primarily.

And you forgot about Energon Shockblast. So that's FOUR Voyager Shockwaves. None are really what I'm looking for either, but they do exist.
Gauntlet101010
Faction Commander
Posts: 4038
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:13 pm

Re: Quakewave Voyager size for 2014

Postby Rated X » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:21 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Gauntlet101010 wrote:
Rated X wrote:
Gauntlet101010 wrote:Didn't the movie also get a voyager Shockwave? And Animated was a HUGE shoutout to older fans.



I completely forgot about the DOTM version. But I still lump DOTM in the same catagory as kiddie continuities. Not because the movie itself was kiddie, but because the DOTM toyline was mass produced to the extreme for the kids market. I wish they would push classics the way they pushed Bayformers/TF Prime.


Your logic baffles me. I get your point (we all like classics), but not the logic behind it.

Edit: I mean, ALL those toys are aimed at kids. Even the classics lines. Don't delude yourself, we are not their target market. They give us some releases to make us happy, but it HAS to work for kids primarily.

And you forgot about Energon Shockblast. So that's FOUR Voyager Shockwaves. None are really what I'm looking for either, but they do exist.



Classics arent really aimed for kids. They are just kept kid friendly. But there are always released in smaller quantities than their main lines. In other words, we (G1 collectors) are a large enough audience to throw us a bone, but not large enough to get a cartoon, video game, or toy line produced with kids likes in mind. If they really wanted CHUG to be their flagship line, they would have re-made the G1 cartoon in CG Graphics. It seems they just give G1 enough juice to keep it from dying. Thats just my opinion on Hasbro. Takara tries a little bit harder.
Image

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6003
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: Quakewave Voyager size for 2014

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:38 am

Edit:

You know what? Not even going to try. I'm just going to focus on the topic at hand.

We'll see how Prime's voyager Shockwave looks. Usually I don't think Prime blends in too well with classics (due mainly to the face sculpts), but that's not really a problem with Shocky. And witht his coming out in 2014 apparently, I may wind up getting both.

I also hope they use the darker purple of the G1 toy rather than the lighter pruple of the cartoon. Unlikely, since light purple is what the larger release will use, but the toy's color would be my preference. Most of the time the richer colors of the toy are superior to the colors on the cartoon.
Gauntlet101010
Faction Commander
Posts: 4038
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:13 pm

Re: Quakewave Voyager size for 2014

Postby warzon3 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:46 pm

I don't think a Prime voyager Shockwave is going to fit in too well with G1 classics.

It depends on how much they pull back on all the extra spikes?

I will be all over Quakewave if they do downsize though...
warzon3
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 584
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:05 pm

Re: Quakewave Voyager size for 2014

Postby Trikeboy » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:13 am

Promising it for next year is a great move. It lets them see if the upcoming Voyager from Prime will be a good stand in for Classics Shockwave. If it works, there is no need to produce it. I'm sure we will see that voyager at Botcon, if not sooner. As for the next MP project, I hope it is the Blaster they were working on.
My must have products from 2013
Image
User avatar
Trikeboy
Brainmaster
Posts: 1422
News Credits: 9
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:33 pm
Location: Cupar, Scotland

Re: Quakewave Voyager size for 2014

Postby Sodan-1 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:44 am

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
I had zero intent in picking up a MP scale Quakewave, but I'm much more receptive of a voyager sized one. Way to pay attention to the fandom, FansToys. :roll:

The journey to a good Classics Shockwave certainly is a long one. I've picked up FoC Shockwave, planned to repaint Energon Shockblast, and am now looking forward to picking up the Beast Hunters figure. (Depending how that figure looks we may get away with simply snapping off his spikes.) And now there's talk of of this guy. Annoyingly, I don't think any of them are perfect. #-o
Sodan-1
Gestalt
Posts: 2246
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:35 am
Location: Right where you'd least expect me to be.

Re: Quakewave Voyager size for 2014

Postby Rated X » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:57 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
warzon3 wrote:I don't think a Prime voyager Shockwave is going to fit in too well with G1 classics.

It depends on how much they pull back on all the extra spikes?

I will be all over Quakewave if they do downsize though...



I agree on the Prime Shockwave. It scares me that it is officially called "Beast Shockwave". Thats like a surefire hint that it's gonna be full of spikes and weird body armor.
Image

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6003
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Next

Return to Unofficial Transformers, 3rd Party and KO Toys

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #103 - Road Trip
Twincast / Podcast #103:
"Road Trip"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 19th, 2014