Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Reminder: Transformers: Regeneration One 80.5 Releases This Saturday

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Reminder: Transformers: Regeneration One 80.5 Releases This Saturday

Postby El Duque » Thu May 03, 2012 11:37 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Saturday is Free Comic Book Day, and IDW Publishing will be offering fans Transformers: Regeneration One 80.5. The creative team of Simon Furman and Andrew Wildman reunite to tie up the loose ends that were left dangling when the original Marvel run came to end in 1991. This issue serves as a primer for IDW's upcoming ongoing series Transformers: Regeneration One 81, and features 16 pages of new content. Don't forget to swing by your local comic book retailer this Saturday, May 5th to pick up your free copy! Transformers: Regeneration One 81 is scheduled to launch in July.


(W) Simon Furman
(A/CA) Andrew Wildman
The wait is over - after a 20-year hiatus, IDW proudly returns to the original Transformers comic book universe, picking up right where 1991's Transformers #80 left off! Optimus Prime, Grimlock, Kup, Hot Rod and all your favorite Generation One Transformers characters charge into the future as fan-favorite writer Simon Furman and legendary Transformers artist Andrew Wildman present Transformers #80.5! Reflecting back on the dizzying highs and the terrifying lows of the original run of Transformers comics, Optimus Prime watches over a Cybertron that hasn't faced Megatron for decades. But that peace shudders to an end, as we dive headlong into July's Transformers #81!

Because the Fans demanded it! Thousand of Transformers fans signed petitions urging us to make this book - and IDW listened!

Created by the same writer, penciler, and inker of Transformer #80 in 1991!

Bonus features make clear IDW's current Transformers line of comics, as well as our extensive reprint program!


Image

Image

Image
User avatar
El Duque
News Admin
Posts: 9915
News Credits: 89
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:57 pm
Location: tornado alley

Re: Reminder: Transformers: Regeneration One 80.5 Releases This Saturday

Postby Banjo-Tron » Fri May 04, 2012 3:00 am

Motto: "My banjo is everything; defeat is ukelele"
Looking forward to seeing the team tomorrow, and congratulating SF on his 'Hall of fame' award. :D
User avatar
Banjo-Tron
Godmaster
Posts: 1690
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:51 am
Location: UK, Surrey

Re: Reminder: Transformers: Regeneration One 80.5 Releases This Saturday

Postby Trikeboy » Fri May 04, 2012 6:01 am

Does anyone know if this will be available, for free or pay, on the Transformers app I have on my iPod? My nearest comic book store which has English books is at least a thousand miles away. It's a long way to go to get a free comic book.
My must have products from 2013
Image
User avatar
Trikeboy
Brainmaster
Posts: 1414
News Credits: 9
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:33 pm
Location: Cupar, Scotland

Re: Reminder: Transformers: Regeneration One 80.5 Releases This Saturday

Postby Va'al » Fri May 04, 2012 7:35 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
According to the FCBD database, this shop:

KINGDOM OF ADVENTURE
21-23 WHYTES CAUSEWAY
KIRKCALDY
FIFE
SCOTLAND
KY1 1XF
Phone: 01592328121

is part of the initiative, and it's only ten miles away from you!
The Amazing Adventures of Dennis and Bruce!
The only thing better than setting yourself on fire! -njb902


Image
Photo by robotmel
User avatar
Va'al
News Staff
Posts: 6459
News Credits: 65
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: UK, Italy, The Netherlands
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: Reminder: Transformers: Regeneration One 80.5 Releases This Saturday

Postby Trikeboy » Fri May 04, 2012 8:50 am

thanks for that but i'm not currently at my home address. I'm a few miles east of there actually.
My must have products from 2013
Image
User avatar
Trikeboy
Brainmaster
Posts: 1414
News Credits: 9
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:33 pm
Location: Cupar, Scotland

Re: Reminder: Transformers: Regeneration One 80.5 Releases This Saturday

Postby NatsumeRyu » Fri May 04, 2012 7:04 pm

Motto: ""'Camshaft' See, they said my name!""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Thank you for newsing the reminder! I almost forgot and set up plans with a fellow transfan! I'm gonna try and squeeze a comic book shop in there somewhere! :D
I take commissions!
2014-Officer Vi-Senketsu & Junketsu-Silver Knight-Origami Cyclone
13-Terminus Armor-Megaman-Lord Death-Tali
12-WfC Brawl-Gurren Lagann-Doc
11-Reaper Conduit-Rampage
<10-Brawl-Camshaft-Jazz-Blackout-Starscream-Bumblebee
User avatar
NatsumeRyu
Combiner
Posts: 401
News Credits: 3
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:53 pm
Buy from NatsumeRyu on eBay
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 3
Rank: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Re: Reminder: Transformers: Regeneration One 80.5 Releases This Saturday

Postby Va'al » Sat May 05, 2012 6:49 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
In Blackpool for the weekend, and the only comic shop here hasn't taken part..! :(
The Amazing Adventures of Dennis and Bruce!
The only thing better than setting yourself on fire! -njb902


Image
Photo by robotmel
User avatar
Va'al
News Staff
Posts: 6459
News Credits: 65
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: UK, Italy, The Netherlands
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: Reminder: Transformers: Regeneration One 80.5 Releases This Saturday

Postby Banjo-Tron » Sat May 05, 2012 10:26 am

Motto: "My banjo is everything; defeat is ukelele"
It was great to see the crew and pick up 80.5. Good to see Simon was as nice as ever even though he is now a bona-fide Hall of Famer! I was pretty shocked when I read the last page of the comic though, it sets the continuation up nicely.

On a related note, can anyone recommend me a UK online retailer which will be offering a subscription service for Regeneration One?
User avatar
Banjo-Tron
Godmaster
Posts: 1690
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:51 am
Location: UK, Surrey

Re: Reminder: Transformers: Regeneration One 80.5 Releases This Saturday

Postby Heavy B » Sat May 05, 2012 10:36 am

Motto: "The best weapon isn't one you never have to fire, It's the one you only have to fire once."
Weapon: Gattling Gun
please let it still be there when I get up there
Image
Psycho Warrior wrote: Heavy B, the man who can open armor plating with his bare ass. To fight a bear no less.
User avatar
Heavy B
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5111
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu May 01, 2003 3:03 pm
Location: Anywhere I roam, Where I lay my head is home. Carved upon my stone, My body lie, but still I roam.
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 9
Skill: 5

Re: Reminder: Transformers: Regeneration One 80.5 Releases This Saturday

Postby Supreme Convoy » Sat May 05, 2012 11:28 pm

I thought this issue was pretty cool!

It's been awhile since I've read Furman's Marvel run. I loved that Andrew Wildman returned to the Transformers after announcing that his ongoing variants from a few years ago would be his "last Transformers work."

In fact, I just just love looking at Wildman's artwork. It's quite a shock looking at this comic and comparing it to his War Within work, which had to be redrawn to the house Dreamwave/Pat Lee style. Oy.

It was announced that this would ignore Generation 2 yet it has Jhiaxus... I wonder if that was a mistake or perhaps including certain aspect of G2.

Who's this guy? I don't recognize him at all.

Image
Image
Supreme Convoy
Site Moderator
Posts: 6927
News Credits: 34
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2002 12:23 am

Re: Reminder: Transformers: Regeneration One 80.5 Releases This Saturday

Postby excalibur1814 » Sun May 06, 2012 11:42 am

Motto: ""To fall in battle is to fail in war""
Weapon: Seven-Year Sword
Agghhhh!

Where on earth can I get this from in the UK? (In the North Wales area)
Twitter: @DamianRJones
excalibur1814
Mini-Con
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:34 am
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 6

Re: Reminder: Transformers: Regeneration One 80.5 Releases This Saturday

Postby Burn » Sun May 06, 2012 2:48 pm

Oh that felt good. Made me realise even more just how much I'm not enjoying the current crop of TF comics, from the writing to the art ... this however, was a breath of fresh air for me.
Image
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38189
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Reminder: Transformers: Regeneration One 80.5 Releases This Saturday

Postby skyshadowprimus » Sun May 06, 2012 5:38 pm

Supreme Convoy wrote:I thought this issue was pretty cool!

It's been awhile since I've read Furman's Marvel run. I loved that Andrew Wildman returned to the Transformers after announcing that his ongoing variants from a few years ago would be his "last Transformers work."

In fact, I just just love looking at Wildman's artwork. It's quite a shock looking at this comic and comparing it to his War Within work, which had to be redrawn to the house Dreamwave/Pat Lee style. Oy.

It was announced that this would ignore Generation 2 yet it has Jhiaxus... I wonder if that was a mistake or perhaps including certain aspect of G2.

Who's this guy? I don't recognize him at all.

Image


gonna take a stab at Spike based on the bio-circuit theme
skyshadowprimus
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 806
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:29 am

Re: Reminder: Transformers: Regeneration One 80.5 Releases This Saturday

Postby michael alex kawa » Mon May 07, 2012 12:43 am

Motto: "I am the most dangerous!"
Weapon: Blue Bolt
I got the issue ,THANK HARUHI :BOWDOWN: ,but it was hard to find .My normal comic book store ,where I have a hold box ,ran out of them quick .Why cause they were allowing 10 issues per person .Some one is getting rich on e-bay .I have been asking them (Avatar Comics ,Las Vegas Nevada ) about the comic since January ,and brought it up last time I was there ,about 3 weeks ago .Did they put it in my box .....NO !!!! Told me I should of asked yesterday night ,I was not told this ,and I have asked .Then they said ,"Well there is next year hahaha :lol: " . So I went to this great ,really unknown comic shop called Hell POP !! in Las Vegas Nevada ,and they had it ,only two left ,but they were so nice ,gave great deals ,and only allowed 4 free comics of any kind .But I did get the issue ,and I won't ruin any thing ,but it is AWESOME ,worth the wait. :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:
TILL ALL ARE CUTE
Image
User avatar
michael alex kawa
Fuzor
Posts: 242
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:54 am
Location: Las Vegas Nevada
Watch michael alex kawa on YouTube
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: Reminder: Transformers: Regeneration One 80.5 Releases This Saturday

Postby SoundwaveLVL14 » Mon May 07, 2012 7:25 am

skyshadowprimus wrote:
Supreme Convoy wrote:I thought this issue was pretty cool!

It's been awhile since I've read Furman's Marvel run. I loved that Andrew Wildman returned to the Transformers after announcing that his ongoing variants from a few years ago would be his "last Transformers work."

In fact, I just just love looking at Wildman's artwork. It's quite a shock looking at this comic and comparing it to his War Within work, which had to be redrawn to the house Dreamwave/Pat Lee style. Oy.

It was announced that this would ignore Generation 2 yet it has Jhiaxus... I wonder if that was a mistake or perhaps including certain aspect of G2.

Who's this guy? I don't recognize him at all.

Image


gonna take a stab at Spike based on the bio-circuit theme



I am pretty sure the guy on the first page is Buster from way back when Ratbat makes his first appreaence on Earth, issue #31.
SoundwaveLVL14
Mini-Con
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 7:15 am

Re: Reminder: Transformers: Regeneration One 80.5 Releases This Saturday

Postby skyshadowprimus » Mon May 07, 2012 11:06 am

SoundwaveLVL14 wrote:
skyshadowprimus wrote:
Supreme Convoy wrote:I thought this issue was pretty cool!

It's been awhile since I've read Furman's Marvel run. I loved that Andrew Wildman returned to the Transformers after announcing that his ongoing variants from a few years ago would be his "last Transformers work."

In fact, I just just love looking at Wildman's artwork. It's quite a shock looking at this comic and comparing it to his War Within work, which had to be redrawn to the house Dreamwave/Pat Lee style. Oy.

It was announced that this would ignore Generation 2 yet it has Jhiaxus... I wonder if that was a mistake or perhaps including certain aspect of G2.

Who's this guy? I don't recognize him at all.

Image


gonna take a stab at Spike based on the bio-circuit theme



I am pretty sure the guy on the first page is Buster from way back when Ratbat makes his first appreaence on Earth, issue #31.


Reading some of the other forums it might be someone called Circuit Smasher (Circuit Breaker's kid) to get round the copyright issue as she can't be featured, plus she would be 20 years older now and she had to be at least 20 in the 1985 at the time of her accident.

Seeing all the Neo-Knights in their 50s and Blackrock in his 70s could be amusing though
skyshadowprimus
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 806
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:29 am

Re: Reminder: Transformers: Regeneration One 80.5 Releases This Saturday

Postby Supreme Convoy » Tue May 08, 2012 1:40 pm

skyshadowprimus wrote:Reading some of the other forums it might be someone called Circuit Smasher (Circuit Breaker's kid) to get round the copyright issue as she can't be featured, plus she would be 20 years older now and she had to be at least 20 in the 1985 at the time of her accident.

Seeing all the Neo-Knights in their 50s and Blackrock in his 70s could be amusing though


I was thinking it might be Circuit Breaker. I wonder why bother with a gender change because it looks like IDW has permission to use these Marvel created characters for the reprints.
Image
Supreme Convoy
Site Moderator
Posts: 6927
News Credits: 34
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2002 12:23 am


Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #98 - Combiner Wars
Twincast / Podcast #98:
"Combiner Wars"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, August 14th, 2014