Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Reprolabel advice

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Reprolabel advice

Postby gbm » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:44 am

So I just purchased my first batch of these bad boys....whoooo hooo do they look awesome.

My question is, what advice can you provide me in regards to successfully placing these on TFs.

note: I did already buy an exacto knife....hopefully this will help with the meticulous placement.

Thanks everyone.
gbm
Fuzor
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:59 pm

Re: Reprolabel advice

Postby AdamFett » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:26 am

Motto: "''In the end, it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures, the Tyrannosaurus Rex.''"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
I usually buy doubles, because i always screw up..No matter how hard i try..lol
Image

BUY/SELL/TRADE FEEDBACK: adamfett-no-worries-with-him-t90266.php

PLEASE HELP ME GET A MASTERPIECE GRIMLOCK: want-masterpiece-grimlock-please-read-t89996.php
User avatar
AdamFett
Minibot
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:07 pm
Location: Oglala, SD
Watch AdamFett on YouTube
Buy from AdamFett on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Rank: 4
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Re: Reprolabel advice

Postby gbm » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:29 am

AdamFett wrote:I usually buy doubles, because i always screw up..No matter how hard i try..lol


oh noooooo, not the advice I was hoping to get! :lol:
gbm
Fuzor
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:59 pm

Re: Reprolabel advice

Postby Hip-Hoptimus Rime » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:48 pm

Motto: "Nobody has to look for trouble."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
The blade is a good idea, to avoid getting your fingerprints on the adhesive. Just be careful not to cut the sticker with the blade.
-Gus
948 TFs and counting. (They're like rabbits, those killer rabbits from Monty Python!)
Hip-Hoptimus Rime
Gestalt
Posts: 2205
News Credits: 10
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:46 am

Re: Reprolabel advice

Postby Shadowstream » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:03 pm

Weapon: No Weapon
Exacto knife is an okay thing, but it's still kinda too big for some things, and risks puncturing stickers. I typically use rounded toothpicks, both for application and pressing into place.
MightyMagnus78 wrote:Nothing Hasbro does surprises me anymore, their ineptitude is legendary!

Burn wrote:
Shadowstream wrote:It's quite clear they dun dropped the ball, but did they have to drop it so far and so hard?

It's FunPub. It's their specialty.

I'm a killjoy, and proud of it!
don't take that to mean I'm a killjoy just because I can be, though...
User avatar
Shadowstream
Headmaster
Posts: 1027
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:16 am

Re: Reprolabel advice

Postby gbm » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:05 pm

Shadowstream wrote:Exacto knife is an okay thing, but it's still kinda too big for some things, and risks puncturing stickers. I typically use rounded toothpicks, both for application and pressing into place.


ah, good thinking. I was also anticipating using a qtip for certain things.

How easy is it to apply partially, then pull off if need be for adjusting? I'm afraid that this is a one shot deal when applying.
gbm
Fuzor
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:59 pm

Re: Reprolabel advice

Postby Shadowstream » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:04 am

Weapon: No Weapon
It's been awhile since I've done any major stickering, but ultimately it all depends on what kind of sticker material you're applying, how big the sticker in question is, ect. Vinyl stickers are the most resilient, foil stickers are the least resilient, from my experience anyway.
MightyMagnus78 wrote:Nothing Hasbro does surprises me anymore, their ineptitude is legendary!

Burn wrote:
Shadowstream wrote:It's quite clear they dun dropped the ball, but did they have to drop it so far and so hard?

It's FunPub. It's their specialty.

I'm a killjoy, and proud of it!
don't take that to mean I'm a killjoy just because I can be, though...
User avatar
Shadowstream
Headmaster
Posts: 1027
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:16 am

Re: Reprolabel advice

Postby Breakdown 2099 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:59 am

Motto: "Bragging is the right of all awesome beings!"
Weapon: Sawed-Off C02 Shotgun
Get yourself a fine pair of tweezers and a qtip. When placing the sticker, don't remove the tweezers until you're certain that's where you want them to go. If you're not happy, you can still peel the sticker off slowly and have another go. Then use the qtip to apply pressure. Works every time
Wanted:
Both of the McDonalds Prime Breakdown Happy Meal Toys (sealed only)
Breakdown 2099
Combiner
Posts: 458
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:00 am
Location: Sydney, Australia.

Re: Reprolabel advice

Postby Ravage XK » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:59 am

Motto: "Never mess with anything that has bigger or more wheels that you."
Weapon: 20 Megavolt Stun Rifle
If you have to apply a long, thin sticker around a sharp bend give the sticker a bit of a bend before you apply it. I have had a number of stickers peel due to them wanting to return to their natural straight state.

Oh and don't pull them off the backing sheet too fast in case they weren't quite cut properly, doesn't happen often though.
Image

TF COUNT: 301 >> Latest Addition: MP G2 Sideswipe, FT Scoria(not Slag)
User avatar
Ravage XK
City Commander
Posts: 3917
News Credits: 8
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 10:38 am
Location: Maidstone, Kent, UK
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Re: Reprolabel advice

Postby kirbenvost » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:37 pm

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
gbm wrote:
Shadowstream wrote:Exacto knife is an okay thing, but it's still kinda too big for some things, and risks puncturing stickers. I typically use rounded toothpicks, both for application and pressing into place.


ah, good thinking. I was also anticipating using a qtip for certain things.

How easy is it to apply partially, then pull off if need be for adjusting? I'm afraid that this is a one shot deal when applying.


Fairly easily, but make sure you don't let go or press down if you think you need to adjust it. I usually line up one edge first where I want it to go, and work from there, pressing down to remove air bubbles as I go. Also, be careful when pressing down the vinyl ones into panel lines and whatnot... the color can be rubbed off, as I discovered with my G1 Jetfire set. Used a fingernail to try to get it down into the detail lines and ended up rubbing off some of the color. :HEADHURTS:

Also, the end of an unfolded paperclip might be a good implement for assisting with placement, but a little more hazardous to both the figure and labels than a toothpick would be, so proceed with caution.
Image
------------------------------
My Collection
------------------------------
For Sale/Trade
User avatar
kirbenvost
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8696
News Credits: 11
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:57 am
Location: Vancouver BC
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10


Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014