Today at the Hasbro Preview at ToyFair we got to see a nice preview of the video game from Activision. Here are some items of interest:
- Game will be available on: Wii, XBox 360, PS3, PS2, and PC.
- There will be an Autobot Game and a Decepticon Game for Nintendo DS, supporting 4 way multi-play.
- PSP gets a version of the game (maybe different from all), but with 4 way Multi-Play.
- Wii will get special Wiimote functions, such as throwing things, steering, etc.
- You can play as 9 Autobots and Decepticons. Unplayable characters are going to be boss characters or other important charcters.
- There will be unlockable characters and possibly movie characters that don't appear in the movie (like Wreckage).
- There will be G1 references in the game.
- It has a full interactive environment where you can pick things up and throw it at the enemy...including a Burger King sign.
- Burger King and Pepsi references were in the game, so we know they are sponsors.
- As the robot you can punch, shoot, jump, transform at will and drive/fly around when you are in vehicle mode.
- Autotargeting will be available.
- For game play, it reminded me of Grand Theft Auto, where you can run around the city (perspective was similar to GTA). The steering of the vehicle looked well done, where you could oversteer around turns, etc. If you caused too much ruckus the police would come and the pedestrians would go around screaming, especially if you were in Robot Mode (so being in disguise is important). Pedestrian interaction was not completed yet, but we were hoping you could pick up people and thrown them...jthat was ust our suggestion. The ability to use both modes via transforming was very effective because you could get away quick if you were getting beat bad.
- Graphics were very good and very fluid, even on preproduction. Audio track we heard was a generic one for pre-production, but final game will have the movie score. Possibly the voices will be the same as in the movie. Cut scenses are being rendered by a company called Blur (how ironic) that won many awards for game CGI.
- Storyline is different based upon if you are an Autobot or a Decepticon, humans are part of the story, but not part of the game play. Because of the dual roles the Decepticons can win in this one.
Last edited by GetterDragun
on Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.