Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Revoltech questions??!!

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Revoltech questions??!!

Postby RickWJ324 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:30 pm

Hi All..I'm a Transformers collector-in-training and have a few questions for you guys! I'm a big fan of TF:Prime and Animated, but have been eyeing the G1 Revoltech figures. The pics I've seen of these look awesome and I'm really thinking about picking them up. Would you guys be so kind as to answer a few questions:

1)So far I've seen pics of the following G1 characters: Optimus, Megatron, Ultra Magnus, Starscream, and Hot Rod. Are there others?
2)Besides Ebay, are there recommended places to buy them? Also, if these are Asian toys, are there lots of bootlegs out there to watch out for?
3)Are there other companies/toylines out there that you'd recommend over these Revoltech figs?
4)I'm really a big fan of TF: Prime and TF: Animated. Are there any Asian companies that made/make figures from these shows that are like the Revoltechs (ie: Non-Transformable, poseable figures)? I really like the character designs from these two shows and just want show accurate toys of the character for display in their robotic form...not interested in putting them in vehicle mode.

Sorry for the total noob questions. I'm a kid of the 80's and never owend any of these toys, but TF:Prime and TF:Animated really turned me into a fan of these characters.

Thanks and Merry Xmas/Happy Holidays!

Rick
RickWJ324
Mini-Con
Posts: 11
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:22 pm
Buy from RickWJ324 on eBay

Re: Revoltech questions??!!

Postby Overcracker » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:58 pm

Motto: "Collecting little transforming action figures is the right of all sentient Geeks."
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
1)So far I've seen pics of the following G1 characters: Optimus, Megatron, Ultra Magnus, Starscream, and Hot Rod. Are there others?

That's it for G1 characters. There are a few more based on the recent Movies. Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, and Jetwing Optimus Prime.

2)Besides Ebay, are there recommended places to buy them? Also, if these are Asian toys, are
there lots of bootlegs out there to watch out for?

They are Japanese. The Company is called Kaiyodo. They have several different licenses for their Revoltech figures. Transformers is among them. Though the G1 figures were quite shorted lived. As far as knockoffs of these: I'm not aware of any.

3)Are there other companies/toylines out there that you'd recommend over these Revoltech figs?

Don't know of any others that make poseable figures like these. Even less so that would have the Transformers License.

4)I'm really a big fan of TF: Prime and TF: Animated. Are there any Asian companies that made/make figures from these shows that are like the Revoltechs (ie: Non-Transformable, poseable figures)? I really like the character designs from these two shows and just want show accurate toys of the character for display in their robotic form...not interested in putting them in vehicle mode.

Don't know of any. As evidenced by the shortness of the Revoltech series, it seems that non transforming poseable versions of Transformers aren't really that sought after to warrant continuous releases.

Takara did release a few Movie based non-transformable poseable figures under the Dual Model Kit banner. But that's as far as it went.
Image

"The man with the ship and the big red button holstered onto his belt that calls a giant fire-breathing lizard, is always the cool one."

Toytainment Blog
Views, reviews, and overviews of things in entertainment.
Current review: The Dark Knight Rises
User avatar
Overcracker
Faction Commander
Posts: 4684
News Credits: 4
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:47 am
Location: Houston, Tx. U.S.A
Watch Overcracker on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10

Re: Revoltech questions??!!

Postby RickWJ324 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:04 pm

Thanks for your quick and informative response! I appreciate it! You say that these were short-lived, so I assume they will not be producing others? I'd love to see that line expanded further than the five I mentioned (I did see the movie versions and they look awesome as well). :)
RickWJ324
Mini-Con
Posts: 11
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:22 pm
Buy from RickWJ324 on eBay

Re: Revoltech questions??!!

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:28 am

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
I'll add my two cents' worth here.

If you don't mind assembling your own posable figures, Takara did release two DMK model kits for movie Optimus and Bumblebee (or Bubmblebee, which is apparently the new way to spell his name). If you've got the budget, a company called Caliber also has two "posable" movie statues of OP and Bee. The DMK kits roughly "scale in" with the toys (OP is roughly the same size as ROTF LC OP, while Bee is the same size as his transformable deluxe toy counterpart), while Caliber's statues do not.

While Kaiyodo isn't the only company in Japan that makes good posable figures (frankly, I prefer Max Factory's Figma line), it IS the ONLY company that has made posable Transformers figures so far.
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt
Posts: 2198
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:20 pm
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Revoltech questions??!!

Postby RickWJ324 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:24 am

Awesome! I will look those up as well. I definitely wouldn't mind putting them together. Thx guys! -Rick
RickWJ324
Mini-Con
Posts: 11
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:22 pm
Buy from RickWJ324 on eBay

Re: Revoltech questions??!!

Postby Dagon » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:05 pm

Motto: "Ain't nobody got time fo dat....."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
RickWJ324 wrote:Thanks for your quick and informative response! I appreciate it! You say that these were short-lived, so I assume they will not be producing others? I'd love to see that line expanded further than the five I mentioned (I did see the movie versions and they look awesome as well). :)



I wish they would have kept these going with characters/figures I liked/wanted. When Starscream was released I assumed we'd be getting the other Seekers, but that was not to be. I don't really care for the movie figures, but still, if there was more than just another Prime and BB, I'd be happy to see that.
I've had a few Revoltechs over the years, most of which were sold off at various points in time, but they are fun and good looking figures to be certain.
Dagon
Faction Commander
Posts: 4781
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:52 am
Buy from Dagon on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 2
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10+

Re: Revoltech questions??!!

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:25 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Dagon wrote:
RickWJ324 wrote:Thanks for your quick and informative response! I appreciate it! You say that these were short-lived, so I assume they will not be producing others? I'd love to see that line expanded further than the five I mentioned (I did see the movie versions and they look awesome as well). :)



I wish they would have kept these going with characters/figures I liked/wanted.


I was hoping for a continuation of the DMK kits with DOTM Megatron and Shockwave. So much for that. And Hasbro won't even give us leader class versions of them.
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt
Posts: 2198
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:20 pm
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Revoltech questions??!!

Postby Overcracker » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:09 pm

Motto: "Collecting little transforming action figures is the right of all sentient Geeks."
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
RickWJ324 wrote:Thanks for your quick and informative response! I appreciate it! You say that these were short-lived, so I assume they will not be producing others? I'd love to see that line expanded further than the five I mentioned (I did see the movie versions and they look awesome as well). :)


The Revoltech Transformers were released back in 2007. There's been no news since then about these so its safe to assume they aren't planning on releasing any more at this point.
Image

"The man with the ship and the big red button holstered onto his belt that calls a giant fire-breathing lizard, is always the cool one."

Toytainment Blog
Views, reviews, and overviews of things in entertainment.
Current review: The Dark Knight Rises
User avatar
Overcracker
Faction Commander
Posts: 4684
News Credits: 4
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:47 am
Location: Houston, Tx. U.S.A
Watch Overcracker on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10

Re: Revoltech questions??!!

Postby Erailea » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:11 pm

If you have any Japanese toy stores near you it wouldn't hurt to check them out. I snagged an Ultra Magnus at one in August. I also ordered Megatron from a toy store in California last year, so they still float around in retail, but it's real luck to find them there, I think.

Not sure how their price related to ebay at the moment since things always fluctuate but...

I got Megs at: http://www.robotoys.com/ - it looks like they have Starscream and Hot Rod in stock, but I only gave a quick glance, so I might have missed a sold out tag and other TF Revoltechs (they have a "revoltech" category on the side)

I got Magnus at this store: http://www.imageanime.com/

Starscream and Hot Rodimus came off ebay. All I'm missing is Prime, but he's so pricey compared to the others >.< One day I'll bite the bullet, but right now I have my sights set on other things
User avatar
Erailea
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 843
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:01 pm

Re: Revoltech questions??!!

Postby VioMeTriX » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:07 am

Motto: "Be Quick or Be Dead"
Weapon: Light-Saber Sword
Overcracker wrote:
RickWJ324 wrote:Thanks for your quick and informative response! I appreciate it! You say that these were short-lived, so I assume they will not be producing others? I'd love to see that line expanded further than the five I mentioned (I did see the movie versions and they look awesome as well). :)


The Revoltech Transformers were released back in 2007. There's been no news since then about these so its safe to assume they aren't planning on releasing any more at this point.



you all seem to forget that this year alone revoltech released 2 versions of movie prime...
Image

*I cry everytime I watch "Code of Hero"...
User avatar
VioMeTriX
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 506
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:34 am
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 3
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: 6
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10
Skill: 8

Re: Revoltech questions??!!

Postby RickWJ324 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:11 am

VioMeTriX wrote:
Overcracker wrote:
RickWJ324 wrote:Thanks for your quick and informative response! I appreciate it! You say that these were short-lived, so I assume they will not be producing others? I'd love to see that line expanded further than the five I mentioned (I did see the movie versions and they look awesome as well). :)


The Revoltech Transformers were released back in 2007. There's been no news since then about these so its safe to assume they aren't planning on releasing any more at this point.



you all seem to forget that this year alone revoltech released 2 versions of movie prime...


Awesome!! I guess that means that at least they hold a Transformers license, so hopefully we could see more eventually? I'm definitely going to pick up all that have been made so far. I've been eyeing ebay and a few retailers..just waiting to have the extra funds to spend on these awesome little toys!

Rick
RickWJ324
Mini-Con
Posts: 11
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:22 pm
Buy from RickWJ324 on eBay

Re: Revoltech questions??!!

Postby Overcracker » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:16 am

Motto: "Collecting little transforming action figures is the right of all sentient Geeks."
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
VioMeTriX wrote:
Overcracker wrote:
RickWJ324 wrote:Thanks for your quick and informative response! I appreciate it! You say that these were short-lived, so I assume they will not be producing others? I'd love to see that line expanded further than the five I mentioned (I did see the movie versions and they look awesome as well). :)


The Revoltech Transformers were released back in 2007. There's been no news since then about these so its safe to assume they aren't planning on releasing any more at this point.



you all seem to forget that this year alone revoltech released 2 versions of movie prime...


And you seem to think that having the Movie license, and putting out 2 movie figures is the same as having the license for the G1 cast.

The G1 Revoltechs came out in 2007, and stopped at the 5 already mentioned.
While they can certainly put out Movie based Revoltechs to coincide with the next movie if they still have the license, I really doubt will see any more G1 or any other era based Revoltech figures besides a couple of movie tie-ins.
Image

"The man with the ship and the big red button holstered onto his belt that calls a giant fire-breathing lizard, is always the cool one."

Toytainment Blog
Views, reviews, and overviews of things in entertainment.
Current review: The Dark Knight Rises
User avatar
Overcracker
Faction Commander
Posts: 4684
News Credits: 4
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:47 am
Location: Houston, Tx. U.S.A
Watch Overcracker on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10

Re: Revoltech questions??!!

Postby VioMeTriX » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:09 am

Motto: "Be Quick or Be Dead"
Weapon: Light-Saber Sword
Overcracker wrote:
VioMeTriX wrote:
Overcracker wrote:
RickWJ324 wrote:Thanks for your quick and informative response! I appreciate it! You say that these were short-lived, so I assume they will not be producing others? I'd love to see that line expanded further than the five I mentioned (I did see the movie versions and they look awesome as well). :)


The Revoltech Transformers were released back in 2007. There's been no news since then about these so its safe to assume they aren't planning on releasing any more at this point.



you all seem to forget that this year alone revoltech released 2 versions of movie prime...


And you seem to think that having the Movie license, and putting out 2 movie figures is the same as having the license for the G1 cast.

The G1 Revoltechs came out in 2007, and stopped at the 5 already mentioned.
While they can certainly put out Movie based Revoltechs to coincide with the next movie if they still have the license, I really doubt will see any more G1 or any other era based Revoltech figures besides a couple of movie tie-ins.



there were only 4...get it straight when you try to put me in my place. by the way your reply was very jerk like and arrogant... you didnt have to be so bold. by the way, they hold a general license to produce figures that takara requests. but we didnt talk about licensing and stuff, we discussed transformers that are revoltech... in that regards i provided accurate info
Image

*I cry everytime I watch "Code of Hero"...
User avatar
VioMeTriX
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 506
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:34 am
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 3
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: 6
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10
Skill: 8

Re: Revoltech questions??!!

Postby Overcracker » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:41 am

Motto: "Collecting little transforming action figures is the right of all sentient Geeks."
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
VioMeTriX wrote:
Overcracker wrote:
VioMeTriX wrote:
Overcracker wrote:
RickWJ324 wrote:Thanks for your quick and informative response! I appreciate it! You say that these were short-lived, so I assume they will not be producing others? I'd love to see that line expanded further than the five I mentioned (I did see the movie versions and they look awesome as well). :)


The Revoltech Transformers were released back in 2007. There's been no news since then about these so its safe to assume they aren't planning on releasing any more at this point.



you all seem to forget that this year alone revoltech released 2 versions of movie prime...


And you seem to think that having the Movie license, and putting out 2 movie figures is the same as having the license for the G1 cast.

The G1 Revoltechs came out in 2007, and stopped at the 5 already mentioned.
While they can certainly put out Movie based Revoltechs to coincide with the next movie if they still have the license, I really doubt will see any more G1 or any other era based Revoltech figures besides a couple of movie tie-ins.



there were only 4...get it straight when you try to put me in my place. by the way your reply was very jerk like and arrogant... you didnt have to be so bold. by the way, they hold a general license to produce figures that takara requests. but we didnt talk about licensing and stuff, we discussed transformers that are revoltech... in that regards i provided accurate info


There were 5. Optimus Prime, Ultra Magnus, Rodimus Prime, Megatron, and Starscream. That makes 5.
While Prime and Magnus used the same mold and yes Magnus was en exclusive, the were still different figures.

In any case, no again having the Movie License does not entitle them to make the G1 cast.
I said they'll probably be making a couple more based on the next Movie, but that's about it.

With that said, I'm not sure why you got so riled up. There was no offense intended, I was only pointing out a fact. I'm sorry if it came across as rude, or offensive.
Image

"The man with the ship and the big red button holstered onto his belt that calls a giant fire-breathing lizard, is always the cool one."

Toytainment Blog
Views, reviews, and overviews of things in entertainment.
Current review: The Dark Knight Rises
User avatar
Overcracker
Faction Commander
Posts: 4684
News Credits: 4
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:47 am
Location: Houston, Tx. U.S.A
Watch Overcracker on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10

Re: Revoltech questions??!!

Postby VioMeTriX » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:55 am

Motto: "Be Quick or Be Dead"
Weapon: Light-Saber Sword
apology accepted... and i hate to be wrong, but i admit i was. but yes you came across a little smug to me... but that could just be me
Image

*I cry everytime I watch "Code of Hero"...
User avatar
VioMeTriX
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 506
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:34 am
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 3
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: 6
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10
Skill: 8

Re: Revoltech questions??!!

Postby RickWJ324 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:23 pm

Hey guys... thank you ALL for the info. Didn't mean to start a debate or anything. I'm a total TF n00b and value everyone's help here.
I really wish there would be more G1 figs of this line. Heck, I'd love to see TF: Animated and TF:Prime done like this too!! However, I'd settle for the ones currently created and hopefully a few more movie-style figs will get made.

Rick
RickWJ324
Mini-Con
Posts: 11
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:22 pm
Buy from RickWJ324 on eBay


Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014